Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43740 messages in 6445 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT

2 posters

Go down

1 - RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT Empty RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT

Post by Paul Fri 30 Oct 2015, 10:18 pm

• 1 - RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT Pdb1d17

pdb1
    5,998 Posts
    07-30-2015 9:53 PM

1 - RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT Hakman10
    [/quote]
     hakman123:
    You must enter using a single play of Kiawah 7 from the WGT COMMUNITY \ GOLF COURSES menu, the default conditions are low wind & standard green speed (7.9) . Do not set up other events to tailor conditions and green speed.     

Did not even know these courses ( above ) existed . I will check them out . Learn this stuff and hope to enter in the future .

Kiawah No. 7.      Longest shot from the sand.
    Entries are invited into three categories, with the winner achieving the challenge from a starting point furthest from the flag. So to be clear - the winner in category 2 will not be the closest to the hole - but will be the longest shot posted with a result 12 inches or closer (without it being in the hole - as that then becomes an entry in category 1).

1. In the hole:              3 sleeves longest shot - 1 sleeve each 2nd & 3rd.
    2. 12 inches or less:    2 sleeves longest shot - 1 sleeve each 2nd & 3rd.
    3. 3 ft or less:              1 sleeve each for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Am I right ? This is the description for this 1 event ?
      Below are the rules for this 1 event .
    Rules:

1. To enter you must post a replay AND a screenshot of the ball position on the green (unless you hole out, and then just the replay is required). Also to make it easier for me (so I do not have to keep opening and viewing the replays and advertising over and over) please note in your post both the Shot Distance and how close to the hole you got (eg.  167 yds / 9 inches) as well as your preference for balls.
    2. The starting position of the ball must be in sand - no closer than 1 ft from the nearest edge of the sand hazard (because the replay is glitchy and is not showing the correct starting lies - we do not want anyone to be questioning if the ball is actually in the sand if it is very close to rough or fairway border).
    3. The challenge will be live for a little over 1 week and will close at midnight PST on Sunday 2nd August.
    4. Ties (same shot distance) will be broken in Category 1 - winner will be the first to post the winning distance. Ties will be broken in Categories 2 & 3 by closest to the hole - in the unlikely event that is also tied - the winner will be the first to post.
    5. Enter as many times as you like - but a player can only win 1 prize. If a player has entries that are in positions to win more than 1 prize then only 1 entry will be awarded a prize, that entry will be in order of precedence taken as

1. Winning entry of longest hole-out  (3 sleeves)
      2. Winning entry of longest shot inside 1 ft   (2 sleeves)
      3. place winner in hole-out   (1 sleeve)
      4. place winner inside 1 ft    (1 sleeve)
      5. place winner inside 3 ft    (1 sleeve)              

and other entries will be removed making room for other players to win a prize.
    6. No restriction on balls used.
    7. Equipment restricted to irons & wedges - no hybrids etc...
    8. You must enter using a single play of Kiawah 7 from the WGT COMMUNITY \ GOLF COURSES menu, the default conditions are low wind & standard green speed (7.9) . Do not set up other events to tailor conditions and green speed.   

I am being serious , I find this very cool and just want to learn what I need to to possibly enjoy this competition ( event ) also . In the future .  

• 1 - RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT Hakman10

hakman123
    1,251 Posts
    07-31-2015 10:52 AM

Yes pdb1 - you seem to have it.
    This challenge is all about getting close or in the hole - from as far away as possible - and from sand. Playing this challenge we get to practice shots from sand as well as doing something a bit different on WGT.
    This is the 4th community challenge.
    1 and 2 were "Longest putt" challenges. Both on Chambers Bay holes. To win on the 2nd challenge required putting from well off the green (about 70 yds off the green in fact).
    The 3rd challenge was to get closest to the hole on St. Andrews #1 - bouncing the ball over the Burn (water).
    I look around the courses for interesting shots, trick shots and then present them here as community challenges. The rules simply ensure we are all playing the same challenge under the same conditions with the same chance of success.
    The Hakman

pdb1

5,951 Posts
    07-23-2015 12:10 AM

4th Community Challenge - A Fun Day at the Beach
      HAVE NO IDEA WTF THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT THOUGH .

pdb1

5,951 Posts
    07-30-2015 9:31 PM

Re: 4th Community Challenge - A Fun Day at the Beach
       These are so cool . Definitely a few steps above what we are used to .
      This competition is divided into several different parts . For instance one of them , for the CTTH you maneuver the ball into the sand somewhere , and then take your shot , you screen shot your ball placement and the replay of it's final resting spot . Just to name one . Someday I am going to try these competitions . They are wild .

• 1 - RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT Jimq9165

JimQ916

1,283 Posts
    07-31-2015 7:12 AM

This sounds interesting but complicated (although I think every thing is complicated). I'd be interested in giving it a go if it ever comes about. This sounds like a format that would need some what of a lot of participation from the members though...Jim

pdb1

5,951 Posts
    07-31-2015 8:15 AM

JimQ916:
    This sounds like a format that would need some what of a lot of participation from the members though...Jim

If you click on it . You will see it is all set up by other WGT members . With guidelines and rules , and protocol . You would enter yourself and that alone would be hard enough . I am going to try and learn it and try it myself .

• 1 - RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT Jimq9165

JimQ916

1,283 Posts
    07-31-2015 8:50 AM

I only read the 1st page of the post.....let me know what you find out,,,,Hell, a full WGT member tournament would be fukin huge

pdb1

5,951 Posts
    07-31-2015 2:45 PM

This was the 4th one . They had quite a few submittals .

Last edited by Paul on Wed 23 Sep 2020, 7:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

1 - RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT Empty Re: RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT

Post by acetate Sun 01 Nov 2015, 6:39 am

This is cool. We need to toss one of these in just to keep things interesting.
acetate
acetate

Back to top Go down

1 - RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT Empty Re: RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT

Post by Paul Mon 02 Nov 2015, 3:35 pm

Before anything like that could materialize . I would have to know that quite a few members had read the full protocol . Tested it on their own . Then post here that this is an event they would be happy to participate in

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon 02 Nov 2015, 3:53 pm

1 - RAN ACROSS THIS , VERY DIFFERENT TOURNEY FORMAT Hakman10

hakman123:
The 3rd challenge was to get closest to the hole on St. Andrews #1 - bouncing the ball over the Burn (water).

Too bad I missed that one I still have 3 of those on replay . And I made the eagle putt two of those times . The replays are above in either The Hall or Best of .

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down