Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .

I forgot my password

THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT
CLICK ON ANY OF THESE LINKS TO FIND OUR EXTREME ENTERTAINMENT

Forum Updated Index

If you wanted to look at the Magic Star . You will see that it is in the forum F6 . If you click F6 you wiil see just those 12 forums . Then you can look in each one at all the topics in them .

F1 ALL MEMBERS BRIEFLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF
2015 NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS

F2 Valley of the Sun CC SITE AND FORUM GUILDELINES
VOTSCC TOURNAMENT MAKING GUIDE
VOTSCC OUR WGT CC BASIC PROTOCOL

F3 Valley of the Sun CC HALL OF FAME REPLAY BLOOPERS
Valley of the Sun CC BEST OF REPLAYS

F4 WORLD CLOCK

F5 RECENT TOURNEY WINNERS
VOTSCC "KICK ASS" 100,000 POINT CLUB MEMBERS

F6 FORUM FOR PAGE 3 & SAT & SUN BRACKETS & TOURNEY INFO HERE
FLASH MOB & ECGA POKER & MY LEAGUE POOL HALL PROS
PERFECT GOLF
LEXMARK 2500 CREDIT TOURNEY
CLASH RULES AND RESULTS
BLITZ OFFICIAL RULES
DAILY BLITZ SCORES ONLY
THE MAGIC STAR
CHALLENGING THE KING
VOTSCC INTERPLAY CC VS CC MATCHES
ACE'S " Best of the Alternate Shot Championship "
JUNE28 RATTLESNAKE ALT SHOT

F7 VALLEY OF THE FUN
CRAZY WGT SHIT
DON"T CHOKE IT "JOKE IT "

F8 FORUM OF HOW TO'S
TIPS FROM THE DOCTOR OF TECHNOLOGY AZDEWARS
WGT GAME TIPS & TRICKS

F9 Current Events ,,Announcemets , Bulletin Board Part 1
AZ "HOT SHOTS" REMEMBERED
HIGH FIVES TO THE SKIES
RANDOM SELFLESS ACTS OF KINDNESS

F10 VOTSCC CC CLUBHOUSE
CC CART GIRL
TOURNEY TALK
GET YOUR CC TOURNEY ON

F11 CHAT ? ANYONE HERE TO CHAT WITH ?

F12 ANYTHING ELSE ?
DAVID LANES KICK ASS GALLERY OF ART
FORUM OF OLD WGT FORUM POST'S (archives)
HEY JOE
OFF THE WALL , THX FOR A WALL OF A GOOD TIME
Gallery
Click on Gallery in toolbar above to see Galleries

FORUM UPDATE
THIS FORUM IS FOR YOU ALL . PLEASE FEEL LIKE IT IS YOURS . READ THE FORUMS. POST COMMENTS . ASK QUESTIONS . IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT POST IT . MAKE SUGGESTIONS . READ SOME TUTORIALS . READ SOME GOLF TIPS . CHECK RECENT TOURNEY WINNERS . BROWSE OUR OLD FORUM ARCHIVES . LOG IN TO THE CHAT AND MESSAGE SOMEONE TO MEET YOU THERE AND ARRANGE A MATCH . LOG IN TO THE CHAT TO SEE IF SOMEONE IS THERE JUST TO SAY HI . MESSAGE ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ON THE DAILY BLITZ .
THE BLITZ SCORECARD IS ON Page 3 PLEASE CLICK HERE
TO FIND THE COURSE OF THE DAY AND SEE
THE WEEKLY STANDINGS . PLEASE POST
YOUR SCORES HERE. IN THIS

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
Owner’s Objectives

It's been a while since I expressed some of my objectives for the CC . First of all I like and respect everyone that joins our club . I realize that not everyone knows what a CC is all about . Many have different reasons for joining . I really don't know how many of the other clubs are run . They are all different . What I want to emphasize in our CC is that whatever tier you are . That you feel comfortable here , part of a team of players that come here to find conditions that enable them to improve their game , hone their skills , lower their scores ,lower their averages , move up in tiers . Enjoyably and comfortably with the conditions that challenge them enough to keep that drive without the frustrationsof regular game play . All that is completely possible by either creating those tourneys yourself or by messaging me about it . Or someone else in your tier that has been creating tourneys . Any kind of information that you need to know should be provided here , any kind of appp , calculator , help , tutorial , tournament , statistic , message , opinion , gripe , compliment , etc , etc . Should able to be aqcuired here ( or in our website , as it may be easier there ). With your help , all of this can be done easily . We already have a good start . I am going to be here for a very long time trying to achieve all this . For any of you that think it's a good direction for your CC to go in . Then lets keep on keepin on . Sincerely , Your Co team member PDB1 , Paul ( sitting here on a rare rainy day ) May the SUN always be with you
POST OF THE WEEK

Re: Where are the Flags ?By Bertasion in Valley of the Sun Casual Club The other day upon the heather fair I hit a flagstick that was not there. I saw it's shadow and heard the clank but where it stood was just a blank. It was not there again today. I wonder when it will come back and stay. Brian
BLITZ LIST
HERE IS THE LIST OF BLITZ COURSES IN THE ORDER THEY ARE PLAYED EVERY WEEK OF EVERY SEASON .

DAILY BLITZ WEEKLY SCHEDULE

WEEK 1

BEST OF BANDON PAR 3
PEBBLE BEACH
THE OLYMPIC CLUB
VAHALLA
MERION

WEEK 2

PINEHURST NO.2
HARBOUR TOWN
KIAWAH ISLAND
ROYAL ST. GEORGE
CONGRESSIONAL

WEEK 3

ERIN HILLS
ST. ANDREWS
BALI HAI
CELTIC MANOR
BETHPAGE BLACK

WEEK 4

PINEHURST NO. 8
WOLF CREEK
CHALLANGE AT MANELE
EXPERIENCE AT KOELE
HILVERSUMSCHE

WEEK 5

EDGEWOOD TAHOE
BEST OF WATER SHOTS
BEST OF FAMOUS SHOTS
BEST OF PUTTING
CHAMBERS BAY

TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

You need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack to saturate & be eligible for Amateur.
When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from Hack to Amateur.

You need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur to saturate & be eligible for Pro.
When your average score is equal or smaller than 80 you go from Amateur to Pro..

You need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro to saturate & be eligible for Tour Pro.
When your average score is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to Tour Pro.

You need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro to saturate & be eligible for Master.
When your average score is equal or smaller than 67 you go from Tour Pro to Master.

You need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master to saturate & be eligible for Tour Master.
When your average score is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour Master.

You need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master to saturate & be eligible for Legend.
When your average score is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour Master to Legend.

You need to play at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend to to saturate & be eligible for Tour Legend.
When your average score is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend.

You need to play at least 200 ranked rounds as Tour Legend to to saturate & be eligible for Champion .
When your average score is equal or smaller than 59 you go from Tour Legend to Champion .

You need to play another 200 ranked rounds as a Champion to saturate .

You need to jump through 10,000 hoops before you receive an exclusive personal invitation before reaching Tour Champion.

May the SUN always be with you

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down

subject title ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016

Post by pdb1 on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 14:28

THE ANDYSON CAMPAIGN ( a colorful look at the 1st Memorial Tournament )

This above is the prelude and pictorial to the ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL*** Tournmaent Series . 

This is also a tribute to PaulTon and his crew . Who made this enormous , fun and exciting event happen . 
  My intention was to try and capture just the highlights from each phase of the tournament . That proved to be too big of a task to edit . As there were so many GR8 comments and thanks and gratitudes throughout . There were a couple different ways I could have copied the various events . It took me a long ass time because many times i got carried away with the amount of content per post . If the post was too big it would disconnect and delete the whole thing and I would have to start all over again . 

The below is the the short overview of each phase of this incredible , well done and participated event to honor the GR8 life of an icon , a class act , a very intelligent gentleman , an artist , I would say a comedian , a gr8 golfer , and a friend to many , and no doubt much more . Dennis Anderson aka Andyson . 

While creating this memorial . There were so many classic comments throughout each phase . It was very hard not to just copy everyone . So I intentionally left many out as it would have made just too much reading and boring to be appropriate . I also intentionally left some in . And towards the end tried to capture the gratitude of many . 

index :

*** ANDYSON MEMORIAL - SIGN UP ***

Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 1 SCORES ETC ***

**ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 2 SCORES ETC**

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL MATCHPLAY BRACKET***

***Andyson Memorial 2016 - Final Result and de-brief.***

The above is the full index to the *** MEMORIAL TO THE MEMORIAL ***

Also in the ANDYSON FORUM is my collection of his art work . 

The forum title is 

TO ART OR NOT TO ART : ASK ANDYSON

In the forum are 40 different entries or topics I have saved of ANDYSON's artwork . Starting with 

A PREFACE TO THIS COLLECTION OF ANDYSON ART

Last edited by pdb1 on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 03:01; edited 8 times in total
pdb1
Admin
Admin

http://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

subject title *** ANDYSON MEMORIAL - SIGN UP ***

Post by pdb1 on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 14:34

PaulTon
We will be having a community organised tournament to remember him.

PaulTon

Round one will be single play, not unlimited -  18 holes stroke play.
                                             Round1 - (13-16 Oct.2016)
                                     18 hole ranked round @ St. Andrews
                     ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Round two will be single play, not unlimited -  18 holes stroke play.
                                             Round2 - (20-23rd Oct.2016)
                                      18 hole ranked round @ Bethpage Black
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         64 players will then go into a matchplay bracket to determine a winner.

Round one will begin  with 18 holes stroke play at St. Andrews.

PaulTon

There is a trophy for the winner and a medal (pics) for everyone who plays.

Wiger Tood's designed - Jumping Through Hoops 

PaulTon

Red tees, what a prick!

[size=30]SIGN UP NOW!
[/size]

PaulTon:

It was expressed by quite a few of us that WGTs only revenue from this should be ball usage. So I would rather we didn't have any pro shop items as prizes. 
They did nothing to honour Andyson and still refuse to make him a Tour Champion.
                                          WGT do not deserve any $$.
If you have cash to splash, Andyson had hearing problems, died from heart failure and loved dogs, you could always donate to a charity. We don't need to hear about it in the tournament thread.
Or if you wish to gift a player an item go ahead but don't tie it in to this tournament by posting about the gift in the  thread.
This is all about Andyson not prizes or public gestures.
Fun and cameraderie with a bit of healthy competition in memory of a good friend is the aim here.

PaulTon:

PaulTon:

Don't worry about multi-clyde, his problem is with me. Using this thread to exact some imagined revege he's owed tells us everything we need to know about this 'character'.
He took offence on someone else's behalf and posted twice on my wall. The 1st post (which he deleted) was full of obscenities. He is the self appointed knight champion of the tinfoil hatted conspiracy theory spewing community.

["thesupernova"]

In the spirit Mr Andyson,
Let's lighten things up.
You surface with your first post and have that to say?
Please crawl back under from what rock you came, Clyde.
Allie

[/quote]
We'll keep you in our Heart, Mr .Andyson.
This  song  I dedicate  for you.
God Bless

Allie

CEverett12
Bravo ! Well done .

pdb1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

subject title Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

Post by pdb1 on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 15:37

PaulTon
While we all chip away at WGT in an effort to gain Tour Champion for Andyson we also have to face the fact that a memorial tournament will have to be devised, organised and ran by us, the forum  using community.
I know quite a few people have approached the mods with the idea of a tournament but WGT don't seem to want to.
Many people want to do something to remember Andyson but we should all get together and brainstorm some ideas. We want this to be right, so let's not rush into anything. Players are willing to donate both time and credits to this event, we could make something really good happen.
Rather than people trying to get something done alone or in small groups, let's pool our ideas here, we have a lot of talentented and generous people here.

- What format should a tournament take?
- Who would play in it?
- Prizes?
- Charitable donations?     (one pledge is for a substantial cash amount)
- Would WGT facilitate/advertise/support the tournament?

These are just a few questions to kick things off, now over to you all...
$650 dollars have been pledged already, this is why I felt we all needed involved in this conversation.
I'm leaning towards charitable donations rather than prize money for competitors but thats just my opinion.
Maybe some folk will donate balls as prizes for the actual golf event.
pdb1 re-posted the online memorial link for Andyson in another thread but I noticed that instead of flowers, family and friends were asked to donate to a local charity.
Maybe the local charity and something like the American Heart Association could both benefit?
We need to work out how the money would be held and paid out, this has to be open, accountable and beyond any doubt. (Could WGT facillitate this?).
I'm not ignoring Ducati's kind offer, it's just, I think, all aspects of financial matters need talked about openly
Before all that though, we need more discussion and ideas for the event.
Don't be shy...

drmoose:

I've been away for a few days, but I'm glad to see the community pulling together on this.Our friend , I am certain, will not be forgotten. Given WGT's negligence in honoring his memory, I'm proposing any tournament held be played with starter rocks only. Andyson was a big fan of "rescue dogs" as his obituary stated. I further propose any donations be made to the cause he , and his family selected. Let's do this right folks for all the enjoyment / entertainment he brought to us all. I further propose, in light of WGTs' prolonged inaction of doing even the minimal to honor his memory, that any donations bypass WGT, and go directly to his charity of choice, as I see no need to reward WGT with a percentage for their disgraceful behavior.
Doc

petervcpt
I think a donation to Andyson's charity would be an excellent idea.
Additionally I do think that some kind of recognition is due for whoever wins the tournament.
A sleeve of balls to each participant, perhaps sponsored by WGT?, would also not go amiss.
I'm happy to be the holder of the credits and now that we have a fair amount pledged, perhaps we can move onto the type of tournament?

opyeuclid
Here is a Idea for a tourney but has nothing to do about where the gifts will go .
A month long event .
We have  4 different friends O Andy each set up a game , that game will be open for a week to give all the players time to enjoy the Ride . Lets just say  Week # 1 friend calls for 18 holes with EZ swing clubs from the tips on Champ green speeds Uneven Lie,s .   
Week # 2 the next friend picks open gear on a low and slow easy tee .
3 & 4 set up a game ,, Bla Bla Bla .
The score will not matter ,  
It will be a chance for us to all get together and set up a game with a friend .
OPY 
alanti
Agreed.
I would not want any players to receive anything apart from Kudos.
Personally if WGT could set up a tournament and have an entrance fee which would go to a charity would be the easiest way.
If would be nice if WGT could match that entrance fee, but if not, how about using starters balls.
If WGT cannot/wiil not facilitate this then it gets logistically difficult to do, but would still rely on WGT helping to take credits off players.
The entrance fee should be set so as many players that can afford it would enter. I would rather this be open to as many as possible, as Andyson did things for everyone, not only friends. Perhaps also have an option for additional donations, but again as Paul says, accountability is paramount.
Personally I would rather have a one off tournament that an ongoing event as interest often wanes or time constraints make this difficult.

CEverett12
How about 1 week of stroke play , The top 64 can play a match bracket  ??  ( In week 2 )
Week 3 down to 32
week 4 = 16 players
week 5 = 8 players
week 6  =  final 4

Is that too long ??

PaulTon
Yeah a bit too long, for me.

CEverett12
Are you going some where Paul ?? LOL 
Yes its a bit long , I agree .
We cant make every one happy no matter what , If its unlimited some people wont like it , Single play, you are one and done ,  What about both ?,  First round unlimited , Second round Single play, 
Match play is always a problem with time zones and getting every one to play their match , I'm not the best person for this nor am I the most qualified ,  I am willing to give it a shot .
First we need to decide what format to play , How many holes , What course , How many rounds ETC.
I think we shoot for November 1st
Lets decide what to do and then we will have a thread to sign up ..
PS. I'm sorry Opy , I was not on andysons friends list , I just knew him from the forums .
What ever you guys want to do is fine with me ...
Thanks...........

WigerToods2010
Let all that wish to play do so for round one and then filter it down in the next round with perhaps  the top 64/32 or whatever going through.
"Andy's" last round was at St. Andrews - make that the venue?
Ranked round @ chosen course over 9 holes to be played with another. A fourball would be brilliant with one player posting the card (or someone that's already played their own round could volunteer to mark other players cards) with the option to verify score via player's own home page.
Just grab a friend to play a round with or post here saying you are available. Set a date when all '1st round' games must be completed by.
Easy enough to keep track of scores via the forums here to keep a leader board up to date on a daily basis.
I'll glady help out in any way I can: be it keeping scores/ 'marking' for others or whatever. What I won't do is become involved in anything that detracts in the slightest from the whole point of us, the community, paying a fitting tribute to the man.
Update: Just realised...  St. Andy's - Have it finish on the 30th November!

Beryman

well if the decision is made to play a couple of single play tourneys to narrow down the field to a workable matchplay bracket number, then the only way to eliminate the possibility of a restart is to use one of WGT`s single plays

or just take every ones word that they played only once which probably works too ... as the goal is to remember and Honor Andy and winning or losing the tourney has no relevance   Smile

PaulTon
Berymans idea is a good way to to ensure single play and also brings the scoring together to one place making it slightly easier to manage. But I just don't want to tag Andy's memorial onto something as unimportant as a WGT weekly.
Good contributions guys, got me thinking, here's where I am now...
Once we have decided format/rounds/courses/dates etc. We start a sign up thread, let it run for  X days/weeks.
Then we start a thread giving details of the 1st round. I will post a complete list of the players and make each name a link their profile page.
We go by WGT clock/ calender, so if for instance it's St Andrews to be played on the 20th Nov, then we look at each profile page and record the score for the 1st round played at St Andy in that 24 hour window of play.
Then I just put the scores against the playername in my post. Having links means anyone can check another players score by clicking it.
This will be a big task and quite time consuming but I have the time and among the people stepping up to help we'll get it done.
Just my thoughts, what do you reckon?

Yancycan
Just stumbled upon this --- Been away on end of summer hiatus

Lots to read --- seems to be well organized by great WGTers

Please put me on the "wants to play" list 

Please put me down for throwing a prize into the kettle - decent new golf merch item - will ship it wherever it needs to go on this planet.

My thoughts....... Andyson was a longtime friend of mine & he often contributed things for events I hosted - and all his "Art" was done from his heart - never sought recognition or compliments, he truly loved the things he did here. Perhaps that's why we "meshed" together well. Something I wouldn't say before, but I think is ok now - is that Andyson was deaf in one ear & struggled with this his entire life (I believe). I said "struggled", want to rephrase that HE CONQUERED this issue. Perhaps a "Charity" tournament with something going to "Deaf/Hearing Charities" would be nice? Just a thought....

My other thing......how cool would it be if everyone who played "had" to subscribe to his still online & staying that way YouTube channel...or just anyone as an act of rememberence and honor.

The link is here -- https://www.youtube.com/user/andysonsvideos
Need a google account only, takes 3m if you don't allready have one.
As of right now the WGT Andyson YouTube Channel has subscribers.....bet we can bust it over 100 in 2 days....(theres no videos to see - he made his all "unlisted" -- luckily, the WGT community bookmarked many and we can watch them still. Check Gary's "The Pinhunters Website".

Not sure whom to address these ideas to --- Wanted to share with all of course -- but whomever is handking the ropes here, please contact me about prize donation or whatever else I can do for you.

Sincerely, Yancy

Ceverett12
Cmon guys , lets do something ..    Lets start the sign up thread on the 1st ...

PaulTon
OK I'll start a sign up thread tomorrow, that gives me time to make a suitable banner picture type thingy...
days later...................

PaulTon
here's what I'm thinking now -
1) The 1st and 2nd rounds, 2 x 3 day windows of play. Start at midnight on a Thursday, so people can play anytime over the two weekends when most folk aren't working.
Midnight WGT time, so the score history dates are in sync.
The first ranked round on the specified course in a players history between those dates will be their score recorded for the tournament.
2) Match play bracket rounds, these can drag on a bit ( time differences, work schedules etc.) so I think the bracket should be 16 players maximum.
I can put the names into challonge.com and generate a random bracket. Then I will post it in the comp thread and we can run it from there. No need for the 16 to sign up and register for challonge that way.
I think this should work OK. I've ran events in CC similar, this just involves putting two simple formats together for the event. We can get it done no problem.
Thoughts?
p.s. I forgot to say, using ranked rounds to play rounds 1&2 means that people can play solo or play in groups, making it more fun for many of us.

PaulTon
I'm really warming to this idea of randomness...

PaulTon
I vote randomness 

No worries Yancy . You did not imply that it was your video . I in turn did not give it much thought . Just that you presented it was enough to add it to YANCYCAAN FILM FESTIVAL . 

Ceverett12

drmoose:
Mr. Paulton & Ceverett, have done an excellent job of putting this tribute together.

Paul Ton
I've added a trophy for the person(s) who wins (or ties winning score in) the strokeplay.

Ceverett12

pdb1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

subject title ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 1 SCORES ETC ***

Post by pdb1 on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 15:42

PaulTon
As WGT would not get involved in this and won't elevate Andyson to honourary Tour Champion, we decided to have no pro-shop prizes. Why should they profit from this?
Dennis Anderson (andyson) and his family supported this charity . He died from heart failure and he had deafness in one ear , you could maybe donate to a relevant cause, in Denny's name? It's entirely up to the individual though .

dandycap
 Good luck everyone.   Andyson will be watching from the garden spot.

mrcaddie

Paul, thank you so much for your time and effort putting this together. Time well spent for sure...thank you sir.

CEverett12

YancyCan:
Forgot to click "18holes" - so made my own scorecard
Thanks to all who ran this - Well done tribute - Andy would laugh at my imagework!

Last edited by pdb1 on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 23:31; edited 1 time in total
pdb1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

subject title **ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 2 SCORES ETC**

Post by pdb1 on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 21:17

PaulTon:

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS!!

PLAY BEGINS AT MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT (WGT CLOCK) THROUGH TO MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY NIGHT (20TH-23RD, OCT).
PLAY AN 18 HOLE STROKEPLAY RANKED ROUND AT BETHPAGE BLACK.
1ST SCORE BETWEEN THOSE DATES ON YOUR HISTORY WILL BE YOUR RECORDED SCORE FOR THE EVENT.
PLAY IN GROUPS OR SOLO.
REPORT ALL SCORES IN THIS THREAD.
HAVE FUN (MANDATORY) !

THE OVERALL LEADER (OR ALL TIED) OF THE STROKEPLAY  WILL WIN THIS -

GOOD LUCK!!  

Ducati916:

Paul,
I had to have a proxy play my second round for me as I had a strained uterus. I asked the deceased former leader of North Korea to play for me...Kim Jong-Il. He got a couple of fortunate bounces and managed to get a respectable score for me.  My scorecard is below. Log me for an 18 please.

Hmmmmm I used a deceased man as my proxy and got half of a dead mans hand....Perhaps a job for Scully and Mulder.......  In truth, I would have used a 10 & 8...but, as YJ has played with me before, he would rightfully interpret that as shooting a 108.

Perhaps I have a new avatar?

Ducati916:

Paulton---you sir, are the epitome of the spirit of Denny, and the core group of people that make up these forums and this place. Of course we have our trolls, malcontents and MBaggese's, but, the heart of this place are the ones that consider this as an extended family...and we lost one of our family members in Andyson.  Kudos to you for your time and efforts to stage this event in his memory.  Gone...but clearly not forgotten.

overtheedge:
That is one beautiful trophy for sure. GL to everyone.
What a FANTASTIC turnout this has been. I have been in the WGT community for 7 years and NOT ONCE have a I seen such a large # of players get so involved with so much enthusiasm and respect as andyson's Memorial Tournament right here, right now. 
WOW!
I just have to say on behalf of andyson / my good friend Dennis. I am sure he is PROUD of everyone who has played in his honor and, as a tribute for all his hard work he contributed to these forums. 
But at the same time I cant help to think it is so SAD that WGT has not even acknowledged his tournament nor has had ANYONE DIRECTLY RELATED to WGT played or been a part of this tournament after allll he did for WGT's Forums. He made YOUR (WGT) forum come ALIVE with his creativity, hard work and valuable time and by the looks of it there is not even ONE person representing WGT "DIRECTLY" in this tournament.
I just had to bring this to light and again if I am wrong and there is a player directly representing WGT's home office, than I am sorry, but if not - absolutely no respect - just as I have mentioned before.

PaulTon:
Very well said.^^^

alanti:
Really well said.
And a real special thanks to Paul and those who have helped him to make this event a reality, especially considering your own personal troubles. It speaks volumes about you Paul - I doff my cap!

phred952:
To overtheedge:
You and I disagreed recently very publically and I feel I do owe you an apology for my over reaction to your comments.  I hope you will accept this as that apology.  That said, I agree with everything you've stated above.
Andyson made this forum alive with his humor and creativity.  We lost someone very special that made  this site much more than just a game.
phred952

overtheedge:
Thank you phred52 and yes of course I accept your apology. 
ANOTHER positive example of the influence andyson had on alllll of us.

phred952:
Andyson made this forum alive with his humor and creativity.  We lost someone very special that made  this site much more than just a game.

bery111:
+1000000000000000000 overtheedge. Couldn't agree more!

bery had also made some nice long participant lists , too long for this thread 
 PaulTon:

Thank you bery, you're now on the payroll, round 2 awaits...
 Lute345:
Gees bery, you must have had some time on your hands in order to compile that list!! Outstanding job man!!

drmoose:

Time is irrelevant to bery as he manifests his destiny on multiple planes of existence, hence, all his frequent flier miles.
Doc Smile
 overtheedge:

I just had to bring this to light and again if I am wrong and there is a player directly representing WGT's home office, than I am sorry, but if not - absolutely no respect - just as I have mentioned before.

pdb1 wrote
on 02 Oct 2016 at 6:21 PM

I really wasn't sure what kind of reply I would get . At least for me they will always reply with something . So I thought I would extend an invite for them to play . 

pdb1

Oct 1, 4:51 PM PDT

I don't know how many of you have accounts or if you would even admit it . But you should . And you should interact with all of us . And experience the real WGT . That is why I am taking it upon myself to personally invite you all to join and play in ***THE ANDYSON MEMORIAL - SIGN UP*** (http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/420845.aspx) discussion thread Andyson Community Tournament (http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/418330.aspx) . I know you won't . But I can tell you it would mean a lot . Please consider it anyway . 

Thank you 

Paul

This was their response 

Support (WGT)

Oct 2, 10:59 AM PDT

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the invite. A lot of us here at WGT do have accounts and actively play but due to some limitations there are a few game modes we are not able to play (mainly credit rounds) I will pass this info along to our team about the tournament. Smile

Best Regards,

WGT Member Services

It doesn't look like they showed to me either 

alanti:

I cant help to think it is so SAD that WGT has not even acknowledged his tournament

SlicedPepper

+1 
I know as sure as I'm sitting here, somewhere in the dark reaches of WGT, at least one person was laughing as hard as I was at Andyson's posts. 
They may have considered him a thorn in their sides but he did it with class, style and humor. Never any personal digs at them. 
Sometimes life gives you the opportunity to run across someone who is a cut above.
To bad WGT didn't see it..
Good luck to those moving on and thanks again to those invovled in making this happen. 
Very well done.

PaulTon:
Just had a thought,  to help make things a little easier for me and avoid any mistakes -
Could you please put your player number* in your score posts, thanks.
*from scoreboard on 1st post of this thread.
Paul.
gordonparker:
cheers gordon

DJW2307:

Fantastic job from Paul and Rd 2 completed by me at BPB

Cheers

Tamsach:

Thanks to all. RIP Andy.

guapa:

First of all thank's for organising the Tournament. You have done your friend proud.

garyk49:

you are doing enough already(and a damn right good job),

BigKnight:

Thanks for hosting this....great idea....wish WGT was smooth enough to play multi-player without hiccups and discos....

Regardless, had fun taking part....

=bk=

onekeano:

many thanks again to paul for running this fabulous memorial for Andyson, 

dave

CEverett12:

Much respect for everyone who played and who helped in this memorial tournament ,   I'm sure Andyson would be proud ..

stevietwotimes:

thx for all who have made this popular tornie for Andyson happen,well done gents.

ArgyleScott:

PaulTon:

Loving the steampunk scorecard there Scotty!

ArgyleScott:

Well, I did go to a steampunk Halloween party Saturday.

alanti:

LMAO

To be honest, I had visions on AS putting his lap top onto a photocopier to get that.

Andyson is sitting up there pissin himself......

PaulTon:
Thanks man
I looked at again and it made me laugh, that's a good sign or a good smoke...
I'm impressed though, ArgyleScott clearly used some serious determination and creative thinking to get that card up! I cant work out the process.

garyk49:
But I think the printer is starting to run short on ink.  Thinking saved screenprint to puter, sent to printer, then copy/paste right to forum.  Hell it saved the hassle of an upload.  But still thinks needs new ink cartridge/drum.

PaulTon:
EARTH SHATTERING NEWS!  

craigswan:

bery111:

I would once again like to thank Paul for setting this whole shindig in motion...it's been an honour to be a part of it, and a great way of remembering Andyson. Smile

PS Sorry for writing a long winded post, I've been up since 3am - now overdosing on coffee.

LOLserver:

Long live Andy!!!!!

Eric

frappefort:

Hello Paul      great tournament  ,,,,,,

Thanks all that participated  ,Andy  will never be replace he was very special   and was my friend  ,a friend to us all .         I will never forget him ..              Francois   

TWOMINUSONE:

Thanks for organising this fine tribute in honour of Andyson. im sure he would be well chuffed folks.

pdb1

This is big . The impact and the vast positivity is quite historical 
  The wounds this has healed and the gaps it has bridged . The education and enlightement is immeasurable .
  Phenominal . 
  Most importantly . The message To ANDYSON is being sent in every way possible . And then some . 

dandycap:

A big thank you to those of you who helped put this tournament together.  just dandy

19cltc67:

thanks to everyone involved gl all still to play enjoy 

bill

PaulTon:

**SCORES UPDATED **

I may not be around much tomorrow, my attention will be in Glasgow, for the Scottish League Cup Semi-Final... 

COME ON YE 'TON!  

I was at Morton's last League Cup Semi-Final match....37 years ago!

Scenes!!

ANDREAP:

once again i was lucky to get Rogg to play this funny tournemet ..man he tried 18 hole to overdrive me ..no way lol

thx Sir for the nice and fun round 

RoggRR:

thanks for another nice and funny round, andrea .... it was nice shootin, no doubt ... i've been a little jumpy this time (my previous round at F9 was a bit different)

it was great time and great fun, i feel Andyson's soul around us , whole the time ... thanks to paul and to the others for this realy nice tournament

good luck at the next stage

have a fun

Jimbog1964:

Loads of fun and great to do so for this though

Huge thanks for putting this one together

WigerToods2010:

Thanks for hosting. Good luck to all still to play.

Word's spreading...

julio1235:

#66 Julio1235 shot 63 despite a putt with wrong scale on putter that left me off the green on next shot and a bogey on the hole..  I think Dennis was shaking his head on that one!

Great tournament Paul and everyone else involved, will always miss checking to see what Dennis had been up to.

Will not play till score verified on my profile page. Thanks for Memeorial Tourney. 

mysry78:

I'm sure our friend Andyson would've gotten a kick out of the "jumping through hoops" that some of us went through this week!

Thanks again to Paul T and all involved in putting together this great event.

6tee9:

Enjoyed participating with fellow WGT'ers in honor and remembrance of Andyson Smile

Smile when he is in our thoughts!  

VEM9000:

It was an honor to have participated in this Memorial Tournament to our friend. Best of luck to those who move on, and, my thanks to those who made this possible.

Vem Smile

PAULFINN52:

thx for letting me take part

finny

kymanpayne:

Was an enjoyable time to play this event. Much thanks to the organizers !!

Great fun Paul...made even more enjoyable being able to be played with friends. (...and made even better by finally getting into double digits with my 10th HO1 with them both watching...)

Thanks again for putting this on.

Wayne (BillyMayfair

Essisdaddy:

Was an honour to take part. Thank you for setting this up.

amateur4sure:

A Toast to Andyson.... A special person who caught the sight and hearts of many on WGT and more than likely everywhere he went...

Thanks so much for doing this Paul...!!!

Last edited by pdb1 on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 23:37; edited 2 times in total
pdb1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

subject title **ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 2 SCORES ETC** PART 2

Post by pdb1 on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 23:12

WOW . When I started this round 2 thread . I intended to capture everyones gratitude . I had no idea what I was about to attempt . After getting almost this far 4 times and clicking post and having the entire round 2 thread disappear ( a couple of different reasons for this ) . I started a 5th attempt . I have gotten this far . So as not to endanger losing anything prior to this . PART 2 is necessary . I guess I am going to try and catch every well wish i see . For Paul's sake . If needed these will be an easy reference , quicker than the original posts.
pdb1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

subject title ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL MATCHPLAY BRACKET***

Post by pdb1 on Sun 04 Dec 2016, 03:14

64 players who completed the strokeplay rounds were chosen at random to contest in the matchplay event. These lucky players will now have the chance to win this handsome award -

Please make friends with your opponent and get all games played in a timely manner.

ROUND 1 CONGRESSIONAL BACK 9

MATCHPLAY

Rounds will be 9 holes with extra holes if required. The final will be 18 holes.
Good luck to everyone... 

Play is open from now until Sunday at Midnight (25th-30th October,2016)

Link to challonge bracket.

Here's everyone listed who completed both rounds of strokeplay. I will be using a random number generator which will pick 64 players from the 91 who are eligible.
I will then type those names into challonge.com's random bracket generator. I will get this done today and start a new thread with the match ups tonight. Good luck everyone!

P No.P. NameR1R2TotalScore
1Sashatheskirt79661453
2Alanti6461125-17
3Amateur4sure6062122-20
4Mrcaddie807715715
5LOLserver6059119-23
6Beryman6259121-21
7Paulton6761128-14
8Slicedpepper73731464
9Wigertoods20106060120-22
10Turfsand6257119-23
11Ducati9166062122-20
12Twominusone6263125-17
13Yasch5957116-26
14Budster17165136-6
15Craigswan71721431
16Pdb16966135-7
17Ptrenter6057117-25
18Adaputter6972141-1
19Chris1973m6862130-12
20Roggrr6870138-4
21Romax6872140-2
22Butchbbay7068138-4
23Luciano186967136-6
24Onekeano5953112-30
25Garyk496159120-22
26Newcastleb89581475
27Tigrecaca6362125-17
28liam916057117-25
29Opyeuclid72731452
30Bubbsboy6160121-21
31Doggreen285863121-21
32Sfletcheryyz6870138-4
33Thegoosebag5863121-21
34Ceverett126665131-11
35Djw23075860118-24
36Scotthope7163134-8
37Adeypa5656112-30
38Jimbog19646862130-12
39Twinponds1696560125-17
40Yankeejim5969128-14
41Mainzman6262124-18
42Zagraniczniak71741453
4319clte676162123-19
44Cappiest5756113-29
45Essisdaddy6363126-16
46Julio12356563128-14
47Billymayfair7058128-14
48Drmoose757915412
49Yancycan76721486
50Overtheedge6470134-8
51Pierolitfiba5956115-27
52Mymanpayne6262124-18
53Cerinodevoti7069129-3
54Stashb6161122-20
55Whooshdangit7069139-3
56Frappefort6764131-11
57Tamsach6360123-19
58Vem9000837415715
59Miokontic6360123-19
60Phred9526967136-6
61Andivo5962121-21
62Nanstar6866134-8
63Gordonparker6262124-18
64Borntobesting6362125-17
65Thestevester6660126-16
66Andreap5960119-23
67Tuckerprestonjr6666132-10
68Bigknight5857115-27
69Stevietwotimes6154115-27
70Alosso7167138-4
71Dandycap6360123-19
72crd0563986970139-3
73Tiewaz6462126-16
74Doggydog5016772139-3
75thesupernova5958117-25
76VanMeerV7265137-5
77Jacko19726459123-19
78PaulFinn526257119-23
79Tygerjr6765132-10
80Hakman1235960119-23
81mkrizan865967125-17
82CycloneBoom5964123-19
836tee96261123-19
84ArgyleScott6773140-2
85Archipelago5864122-20
86Guapa7262134-8
87Mystry786361124-18
88Bery1116566131-11
89Deanoxxx76261123-19
90Melonhead666306665131-11
91BitternDXer6264126-16
 PaulTon:

Oh fur fox ache, I deliberately didn't look to see who my opponent was until posting this, I've got one of my clubmates! 

bery111:

Any timeframe for getting Round 1 matches played? A year? A decade???! Wink

PaulTon:

I was hoping 'a timely manner' would cover all that... LMAO...jeez it's smoky in here, open a window...
OK serious adjudicating head on... Given we're spread over time zones and have work commitments etc,
I think we should begin the round today, all ties to be played before Sunday at midnight.
25th - 30th October 2016. I'll add this above ^^^  Then Tue-Sunday each week until we're done.
I really don't want to be cracking the whip at anyone, so much so that I have a volunteer who does that job for me, I suggest you all get your games played 'in a timely manner'.
Otherwise TWOMINUSONE will be paying you a visit. He won't be knocking on your door, he'll come crashing through your walls, take heed.

The RANDOM draw for the matchplay bracket can be seen above.
All of this should be known to anyone who read the format they signed up for. I chose my words carefully in a bid to avoid any ambiguities but if people don't even read 'em it aint my problem.
This post will also have to serve as the answer to the messages I'm receiving asking the same question. I can't be ar$ed answering to be honest.

frappefort:
Well  done  and said Paul........    no confusions,   all is explained by you .        Members just have to read your post   keep up your good work   .Andy  is smiling  watching  this great tournament.     

PaulTon:
Here's a link to the bracket, it's also been added to the first post of this thread for easy access to results etc.

DJW2307:

Good luck to all of the 64 players pulled out of the hat. Was an honour and pleasure playing the 2 strokeplay rounds. Cheers to Paul for putting this on and pulling together and have fun everyone in the matchplay format.
David
 PaulTon:

First result in, well done guys!

phred952:

Paul,
You are becomming the heir apparent to andyson.  Love the tribute album.  Let me know when i can get an autographed copy.
phred952

WigerToods2010:

Hi Paul (PT),
Just finished my game with Essisdaddy (Phil).
First we've 'met' and I have to say Phil couldn't have been more helpful when arranging a tee off time to suit us both.
I started off with back-to-back-birds to go 2 up and then Phil fired back over the next three holes to make the match AS. Remained the same until Phil was very unfortunate to find a bunker on the 17th with his approach - a shot that was perfect looking in the air, finished pin high, and yet suddenly veered right as the camera view changed.
Going into the last 1 up, with the water to the left, I'm thinking "play safe and make Phil have to birdie it". Hit approach to about 10 feet to the right of pin and safe as houses. Had barely finished typing "Smack it close, Phil!" when he did, to within a yard! Managed to sink my putt for the birdie and victory.
Between us I think every hole was birdied bar one?  Smashing game and great company.
Hopefully get another game in with Phil in the near future.
Fun time had by us both in memory of one of the good guys.

Essisdaddy:
I can't really say anything that would add to that, but I would  like to wish my more-than-worthy vanquisher - and fabulous putter - all the best in the rest of the tournament, and say thank you, Paul (and your minions - that said in jest) for this, and I'm honoured to have been one of the lucky 64.
And yeah - 8 holes won or halved in birdies is a great game in my books. Well played, J.
~Phil
pdb1wrote :
  I was matched up with Jacko1972 in the 3rd round . Met another GR8 player . John . Was  a lot of fun . He won 2 up handily . 
  Thanx for the GR8 event Paul & company . 
jacko1972:
Thanks for the game Paul and was a pleasure enjoying the round with you
 twinponds169:
Played my game vs. VEM9000, great guy, ends up he lives only about 40 miles from me. Small world. Pretty lopsided matchup in this particular instance, but it was all about fun and honor. I won 4 up. Thanks VEM, it was a pleasure and an honor to play with you in this event.
TP
 alanti:
 twinponds169:
Thanks VEM, it was a pleasure
Not often you see those words in one sentence LOL.
But summed it up, this whole event has about fun and honouring the great Andyson.

bery111:
Just completed a superb match with amateur4sure. We both honoured Andyson by wearing black and having a slug or two of Glenlivet along the way. This was a contest of alien proportions. The game could have gone either way....just like my drives did - tad early, tad late and all over the shop. Alien backup failed to arrive for me at the 10th,11th, 12th, 13th.....you get the idea! Final score was a 2&1 win togolfgod4sure. Wink
Oh crap, those aliens just arrived.....bloody 20 minutes too late! And yes, there are 3 of them! Very Happy

Now I'm hoping the scorecard survived, because I forgot to save it at this end! Surprised

amateur4sure:
LMAO Bery...  A super game played in the proper way and a Hats off to Andyson..!
He would have loved the humour in this one...
We had an absolute blast hitting freebies and dodging that bloody alien spaceship, Those left hand drive Aliens had totally lost the plot..
Yet another friend made thanks to the Man himself...
We toasted with the Glen (more than once), Actually we had a toast every time we missed the ding.. Hence the 2nd bottle...Burp Burp...
Thanks so much Bery, A super fun Left, Right, Up, Down, Slurp Slurp Tribute to the one and only Andyson!!!
Hats off.....!

bery111:
Something's still getting lost in translation....lol

renniw52:
What a great tribute, thank you all for honoring one of my best and longest friends on WGT. Very well done Paul, I am standing and applauding.
Rich

19cltc67 and stashb  got our game played well played and gl in yur next games,
cheers bill
onekeano:
played dandycap this evening "MATCH 4"
joe had small mishap on 3, after that my putter was hot, 
joe went quiet after the 3rd hole, and i thought wow, this guy full of chat (nottt) only to get a pm from him to tell me his chatbox crashed:) my apologies joe, 
ul joe was nice to meet you, will catch up again soon 
dave
dandycap:
  Daves' plan worked.    He had on shorts.   Oh and what nice looking legs.    Surprised there was no tutu.   
   All was fun.
   Andyson....    We salute you.                    ~    just dandy

bubbsboy:
Thestevester beats me 2 up.
Enjoyable but some strange goings on lol. I could not get into it and was 3 down quick
Then i fought back to go to last 1 down, then weird, slight r to L wind, i just missed ding and ended up knocking a ducks head off in middle of lake lol.
Plus the amount of times we were left handed.........some weird sh1t happening.
Good luck Steve, and its been a pleasure to play in this, couple great rounds with my mate Chris also and all in memory of a great man.
RIP Andyson x
thestevester:
cheers bubbsboy strange match m8 lol, score would have been different if you would have been using better balls m8 i got lucky..
cheers steve 
 doggydog501:
Romax schooled me 4 & 4, which I had expected. The rough was my home & he hit a few very nice shots to seal the deal.
Thanks again to Paul & anyone who put this event together for such a worthy cause.

I would suggest an annual event, possible starting on Dennis' birthday of Sept 17. Start sign-ups after Labor day & have at it.
Thanks again Ross for a nice lesson. Great match; nice guy.
Doggydog:
Played our match.....(Doggydog...).  I managed a win.  We had a decent game, but David had some real bad breaks. Its all about fun and a nice tribute to Andyson anyhoo.   
PaulTon:
The Weekend Starts Here.  

PLAY YOUR MATCHES 

BRACKET MATCHES & RESULTS  

alanti:

Just finished my game with Gary, he was ul with the putter and deserved better.
Most importantly, a really good guy and thanks to Andyson for bringing us together.
stevietwotimes:
just won my match against Newcatleb,
Thomas has been ill all week with man Flu, he dragged himself outta bed to get our match on....hes just gone off to have pork chops and Drambuie.....oh the thought makes me feel ill.....lmao.
a shout in memory of Andyson for this well put together tornie Smile
newcasleb:
Or, in other words, my fat, drunk arse was well and trulyStevie wupped.  but, per tonnie rules, we had FUN
I'm off to raise (another) glass to dear Andy while I'm still sober enough to do so   :-)
Thomas
tygerjr:
quadrock123 and i just played , was a good company match 
he had abit of bad luck and i made afew good shots to win 3 up 
thanks again

SashaTheSkirt defeatedMelonhead66630 in a 9 hole match play game on CONGRESSIONAL C.C. Sasha wins 5up
Sasha

Tiewaz:
G'day,
 I have just finished my bracket round with Luciano18, who I have just met through this great tourney & I was fortunate enough to come away with the win.
Thanks again for the round Luciano, it was a true pleasure to meet you!
onekeano wrote :
match 34 
just played Tiewaz in round 2, great laugh with the man from down under, real pleasure meeting up, 
oh yea we played a little golf 2:) not much to write home about, but hey were here for the craic:)
i want to thank paul for the chance to meet lots of new people over the course of this memorial, has been a real pleasure, ty paul
dave

guapa:
Just played my 1st round match with Beryman and lost on the first extra hole. Good match with grt company. Just like to say thanks to Beryman for playing our match at 2.30 am his time a true Gent. Thank you Paul for Organising this Memorial.Great job. Walt
Beryman wrote:
match #13

excellent match with Walt...he had me on the ropes after 17 but then had a bad break on 18 to let me back in it
thx for the fine match Walt
whooshdangit wrote :
Hi
The most enjoyable beating I've had in a while, in fact.  I gave it 100%, can't do more than that. Thanks Paul for all the work you've put into this, huge respect. Enjoyed every minute of it.
All the best to MainzMan, great opponent, in the coming rounds
Cheers!
Rich
Andivo wrote :
Really a good player CEVERETT12...truly a beautiful game!!!
Ty
Ciao 
Federico

adeypa wrote :
Just played a very enjoyable match with Jeff, not much in it, me getting the result 2&1. 
alanti wrote :
 WigerToods2010:
Had a blast during this fine tribute to Dennis, Mr. Ton. Thank you for the time and effort you've put in to make it happen.

Sorry about the tardy reply, but yes it was a fantastic game and I hope we did Dennis proud.
The most laughs I have had in a game for a while....often at my expense Alice must add......
Like most of our previous games, it went to the wire and beyond. I had you on the rope in the early part, in extra holes I was up against it but hung on.
As per your commentary, several of those extra hole putts to stay in the game were 10 feet or more - luck was on my side.
I was honestly disappointed how the game finished, it was a putt I would concede if I could have as I dislike winning on a miss. 
I call it an honorable win for both of us and for the tribute to Dennis. Every game has been fun and played in the spirit worthy of his memory.
"To Dennis".....*raises my glass*

mrcaddie wrote :
Hey Paul,
I got my *** kicked by mystry78 (Frank). I had a blast and we had some fun. We definitely had Andy on our minds.
Interesting side note- mystry78 lives about 20 miles from me and we're going to hook up and play some golf IRL at Fenwick in Old Saybrook, CT, where Katherine Hepburn used to live and play. We exchanged phone numbers and I can't wait to meet him and play a round.
I'll keep you posted....WOW, a new golf friend met through WGT...it doesn't get any better than this.
Frank....thanks man, maybe we can play next weekend IRL, I'll call you.
Wayne/MC

mystry78:
 mrcaddie:
Hey Paul,
I got my *** kicked by mystry78 (Frank). I had a blast and we had some fun. We definitely had Andy on our minds.
Interesting side note- mystry78 lives about 20 miles from me and we're going to hook up and play some golf IRL at Fenwick in Old Saybrook, CT, where Katherine Hepburn used to live and play. We exchanged phone numbers and I can't wait to meet him and play a round.
I'll keep you posted....WOW, a new golf friend met through WGT...it doesn't get any better than this.
Frank....thanks man, maybe we can play next weekend IRL, I'll call you.
Wayne/MCs
Thanks Wayne, It was a pleasure to meet and have a match with you. And of course all in memory of our friend Andyson.
I look forward to playing some real golf soon!
Frank

Wow, I'm so pleased, what a fantastic thing to happen!

Have a great time guys.

Last edited by pdb1 on Sun 04 Dec 2016, 08:37; edited 2 times in total
pdb1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

subject title ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL MATCHPLAY BRACKET*** part 2

Post by pdb1 on Sun 04 Dec 2016, 06:56

• thestevster
    387 Posts
    [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:12 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

PTrenter won 3 up to 3 down good game cheers  n1..

cheers steve 

• PTrenter
    385 Posts
    [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:13 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Just played thestevester who seemed to have an unusual attraction to the rough this afternoon.  Luckily I caught him on an off day.  Pleasure to have met and played you Steve.

• PaulTon
      9,521 Posts
      [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Oct 31 2016 8:36 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

• jacko1972
      912 Posts
      [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Oct 31 2016 11:18 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Played my match with the Doc and had a good giggle at one of the stories he was telling me about Andy whilst raising a glass along the way. Luckily for me I think I caught Doc on a bad day or maybe it was just me distracting him lol...
      Jacko wins

Thanks for the game Doc and was a real pleasure meeting you and hopefully catch up for another game in the future..

John

• stevietwotimes
        1,179 Posts
        [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Oct 31 2016 3:57 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

won a fun match against Ross,who took time out from work to get this game on,now thats dedication lol Smile thx m8....

• tygerjr
      475 Posts
      [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Oct 31 2016 5:01 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

gordonparker and i played , i squeked by 1up on 1 extra hole.
      it  could have gone either way , fun match... thx

• gordonparker
        732 Posts
        [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Oct 31 2016 5:55 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

myself and tygerjr played our 2nd round match, I lost on the first extra hole, not the greatest of golf hardly any birdies in the match. I decided to bottle it and bogey the last and the first extra hole BUT at the end of the day im playing in the memory of andyson! thank you so very much or hosting this, I shall be following this thread till the very end!
        RIP ANDYSON
        cheers gordon

• YankeeJim
        20,269 Posts
        [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Oct 31 2016 5:57 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

We got it in but it took me 10 holes to set the Frenchman right. LOL Always a good time playing with Francois but this time was somewhat sad for the memories of Andyson.
        Long live the memories.  :-)

• drmoose
          2,349 Posts
          [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Tue, Nov 1 2016 5:10 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

As Jacko1972 ( John) said, we had an enjoyable round played in remembrance of Andyson. We both had a chuckle over the retelling of the time he posted a message on CIB's wall from VEM, with a sound code calling out his name. Classic Andyson, lol. I brought game, but, was simply outplayed by a champ an' true gentleman. John won 5 up an' moves on, congrats. Thanks again Paul for all your efforts in keeping this going, and to all who took part in this memorial to our friend.
          Doc Smile

• MainzMan
          7,044 Posts
          [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Tue, Nov 1 2016 5:43 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

I knew that was going to be a tough game against Mystry78 and I wasn't wrong.
          I started well, birdie on the first hole to go 1 up but he played great golf to take it by 2 holes on the 8th sinking a great putt for the win.
          Very well played, a well earned win.
          And of course, many thanks to Paul for all the work being put in here and to everyone taking part for helping to make it a success.
          As long as we remember him Dennis will never truly be gone.

• bery111
          2,135 Posts
          [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Tue, Nov 1 2016 7:08 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

drmoose:

As Jacko1972 ( John) said, we had an enjoyable round played in remembrance of Andyson. We both had a chuckle over the retelling of the time he posted a message on CIB's wall from VEM, with a sound code calling out his name. Classic Andyson, lol.
          Doc Smile

Aaah, good old VEM....and another chestnut from Andy. Smile

• mystry78
      156 Posts
      [size=13][size=13]Tue, Nov 1 2016 7:41 AM[/size][/size]

A very well played match it was and I was very fortunate to squeak out a win against my newest WGT friend.    I'm quite sure that none of us taking part in this tourney will ever forget Dennis.        Frank

• turfsand
      1,476 Posts
      [size=13][size=13]Tue, Nov 1 2016 8:34 AM[/size][/size]

had a fun round with 6tee9, great guy. he gave a fine game but i managed to squeeke through with a win. this is a great tournament in memory of a great man and many thanks out to PaulTon for organizing.
      i have sent a friend request to adeypa and hope to get round two in soon
          Turfsand

• VEM9000
      121 Posts
      [size=13][size=13]Tue, Nov 1 2016 9:12 AM[/size][/size]

drmoose:
      the time he posted a message on CIB's wall from VEM, with a sound code calling out his name. Classic Andyson,

I'm sorry CIB, but, it really was quite humorous, I thought I'd have a circuit malfunction from laughing, ha ha.
      Vem Smile

• twinponds169
      690 Posts
      [size=13][size=13]Tue, Nov 1 2016 10:01 AM[/size][/size]

Just played my match with our fearless leader, all square putting on the 9th. Unfortunately for me, left my approach way short and then left a 25 foot breaker on the back edge of the hole. Paul sunk a clutch birdie putt and wins the match, one up. Great game Paul! It was an honor to take part in this event and hope to do so again and again. Big thank you's to Paul for the tremendous amount of work, effort and heart he has put into this.
      RIP Andyson
      Forever on the Fairways in Heaven

• PaulTon
      9,524 Posts
      [size=13][size=13]Tue, Nov 1 2016 10:03 AM[/size][/size]

I just played my 2nd matchplay round with Jim (Twinponds), poor bloke had been up all night with toothache and maybe wasn't at his best. Not Jim's favourite course either it seems.
      This was a great game though, Jim capitalised on a mistake I made on the 2nd hole and took an early lead.
      We then matched each other all the way to the 7th tee. Jim missed the fairway with his drive, then failed to make the upper tier of the green from heavy rough.
      All square through 8. On the 9th green Jim hit a lengthy putt for birdie, looked like the perfect line and length, it curled beautifully in towards the hole only to stop on the last blade of grass on the lip of the cup!
      I sank an 8ft bendy number to steal the win on the last hole. Great game with a nice guy and new friend.
      ...and Cheers Andyson!

BRACKET RESULTS HERE

• amateur4sure
        1,336 Posts
        [size=13][size=13]Wed, Nov 2 2016 11:48 AM[/size][/size]

Stash and I hit up the course a bit earlier...
        Plenty of fun as it should be but Tosh had a few iffy shots, A bit unlucky, My luck held up and those orange Glen balls played wonderful today..
        We toasted Andyson several times round Olympic...
        Superb fun and company period..!!
        I won 3 up but that may and probaly is very flattering!!
        Catch you later Tosh ...

• PaulTon
          9,525 Posts
          [size=13][size=13]Wed, Nov 2 2016 12:05 PM[/size][/size]

I tossed a coin,witnessed by my good lady, to decide the tie between Jimbog and Miokontic.
          ArgyleScott will face Miokontic in the 2nd round at Olympic front 9.

ALL 2nd ROUND MATCHES TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY

• Beryman
          6,693 Posts
          [size=13][size=13]Wed, Nov 2 2016 3:00 PM[/size][/size]

YankeeJim got me on the first extra hole
          he deserved it, he was knocking all the approaches close except for the last hole   lol
          thx for the great tourney was a treat   Smile

• YankeeJim
          20,269 Posts
          [size=13][size=13]Wed, Nov 2 2016 3:50 PM[/size][/size]

Heh, maybe they were too close.  Was a good match. I went 1 up and 3 putted it back on 4. We then proceeded to burn every edge of every cup the rest of the way. Both of us should have won 3 UP. We sure had the chances. LOL
          Thanks for getting this in, B-man.   ;-)

• frappefort
            3,856 Posts
            [size=13][size=13]Thu, Nov 3 2016 10:35 AM[/size][/size]

Beryman:

YankeeJim got me on the first extra hole
            he deserved it, he was knocking all the approaches close except for the last hole   lol
            thx for the great tourney was a treat   Smile

He did the same to me on the first extra hole ..........  lolll         

• nanstar
              4,229 Posts
              [size=13]Fri, Nov 4 2016 4:59 AM[/size]

Game #44
              Won by mkrizan86 3 up vs nanstar (@ Oly in Rnd 2)
              We raised our glasses to Andy
              Well played Jure, good luck going forward :^)

• PTrenter
              385 Posts
              [size=13]Fri, Nov 4 2016 7:14 AM[/size]

Had a fun match with mystry78.  Close all the way.  I had to up my game and sink some good putts just to stay with him.  He went 1up on the 4th, I took the 6th and 8th but then he took the last to send it into extra holes.  He won on the 3rd extra hole with a great birdie putt.
              Pleasure to have met, played and chatted.  Thanks to Paul for organising this.  Andyson would have been proud.

• mystry78
              156 Posts
              [size=13]Fri, Nov 4 2016 8:00 AM[/size]

What a great match against a fantastic player. And absolutely deadly with the putter.                It was a pleasure to meet and have a game with you Trents. Frank

• mkrizan86
              1,422 Posts
              [size=13]Fri, Nov 4 2016 9:46 AM[/size]

nanstar:

Game #44
              Won by mkrizan86 3 up vs nanstar (@ Oly in Rnd 2)
              We raised our glasses to Andy
              Well played Jure, good luck going forward :^)

I met a true gent today and came out luckier. Keith raised his evening wine glass to Dennis and I raised my morning coffee mug. 
              Speaking of coffee, my keyboard heard this thing has something to do with Andyson and it took a few minutes for it to relax and uncringe. Understandable, considering how many rough incidents it had to endure, when Andyson's post were read. while drinking coffee ;-)

• Andivo
              359 Posts
              [size=13][size=13]Thu, Nov 3 2016 1:30 PM[/size][/size]

Round 2
              Ty CYCLONEBOOM very good player.
              Ciao
              Federico

BRACKET RESULTS HERE

• adeypa
              1,121 Posts
              [size=13]Fri, Nov 4 2016 12:35 PM[/size]

Sent a pm to Turfsand, hoping to get our game played in the next day or so. Keep up the good work Paul.

• jacko1972
              912 Posts
              [size=13]Fri, Nov 4 2016 3:18 PM[/size]

Played my match with Jim and very pleased to have met and played against another very nice player and more so a person and so good to meet another top guy and all thanks to this wonderful tournament put on all in the name of a great person and player..
              Yet again the score is irrelevant as all about the occasion...

Jacko progresses to next round and many thanks for game again Jim and a pleasure meeting you

John

• SashaTheSkirt
              287 Posts
              [size=13]Fri, Nov 4 2016 6:49 PM[/size]

SashaTheSkirt defeated julio1235 in a 9 hole match play game on THE OLYMPIC CLUB.
              Sasha

• y
              Digg
              Facebook
              Send to Friend
              Report Abuse

• PaulTon
              9,525 Posts
              Sat, Nov 5 2016 7:48 AM

Just played my 3rd round match with Dave (Tygerjr), after a loose start I got back into things and made a match of it.
              We ended up all square on the last hole. I went long and left a horrible long bendy steep downslope putt. I lagged it to gimme area. Dave had a 14ft or so putt  with a nasty right to left break, I was fairly confident of the half to go to extra holes but Dave had other ideas.
              It was a fine putt to win a very fine match. Good luck next round man.

It has been my pleasure and privilege to help facilitate and to play in this tournament in memory of our friend Dennis. 
              ...but I got beat, no more Mr. Nice Guy.
              Edit - it was a 20ft foot putt that beat me...thanks Capt Buzzkill!  Helluva putt though.

• tygerjr
              475 Posts
              [size=13]Sat, Nov 5 2016 7:46 AM[/size]

very nice round with paulton this morning ( company wise )
              paul did'nt  have a warm up so was alittle off , and i had acouple meter issues.
              i went 2 up early on , then he came back to even it up by the 8 th .
              on the 9 th i birded from 20 ft to go 1 up.
              thx for the good company paul , enjoyed

• PaulTon
                9,525 Posts
                [size=13]Sat, Nov 5 2016 7:48 AM[/size]

Just played my 3rd round match with Dave (Tygerjr), after a loose start I got back into things and made a match of it.
                We ended up all square on the last hole. I went long and left a horrible long bendy steep downslope putt. I lagged it to gimme area. Dave had a 14ft or so putt  with a nasty right to left break, I was fairly confident of the half to go to extra holes but Dave had other ideas.
                It was a fine putt to win a very fine match. Good luck next round man.

It has been my pleasure and privilege to help facilitate and to play in this tournament in memory of our friend Dennis. 
                ...but I got beat, no more Mr. Nice Guy.
                Edit - it was a 20ft foot putt that beat me...thanks Capt Buzzkill!  Helluva putt though.

• onekeano
                3,339 Posts
                Thu, Nov 10 2016 3:04 PM

well got to meet Sashatheskirt, tonite, (again),
                i had forgotten we played before, and then remembered she was originally from canada
                company is what mattered so fun was had, another friend made, which is wat counts most
                some nice shots here and there, and as usual some strange1s:)
                forgot to do screenshot, paul 
                10 Nov
                onekeano defeated SashaTheSkirt in a 9 hole match play game on PEBBLE BEACH GOLF LINKS.

2n1 win for me bud

dave

Last edited by pdb1 on Sun 04 Dec 2016, 09:15; edited 1 time in total
pdb1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

subject title ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL MATCHPLAY BRACKET*** part3

Post by pdb1 on Sun 04 Dec 2016, 09:10

• mystry78
    156 Posts
    [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sat, Nov 12 2016 5:52 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

I just played my match against Jacko1972, a real gentleman and fantastic player. I hung with him in the beginning but stellar play led to a 3 and 1 victory for him.
    It's been a pleasure to participate in this great event for Andyson. Thanks again to Paul for making this happen.
    Frank

• jacko1972
    912 Posts
    [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sat, Nov 12 2016 6:28 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

mystry78:

I just played my match against Jacko1972, a real gentleman and fantastic player. I hung with him in the beginning but stellar play led to a 3 and 1 victory for him.
    It's been a pleasure to participate in this great event for Andyson. Thanks again to Paul for making this happen.
    Frank

Firstly many thanks for ensuring we could get the game played Frank by being on so early in the morning your time and was a real honor to be able to take part in this wonderful tournament in memory of a great person. 
    Well I took a 1 up lead on the 1st hole only for Frank to pull it back straight away and then it was some good play by both. I left myself a nasty 37ftr on the 5th with Frank left with a testing 7ftr.. It was a ram it home or fly past 10ft putt and with alot of luck managed to sink mine with Frank following suit. On to the 6th and I managed to get in the lead again with Frank pushing me all the way, luckily with a few good breaks I managed to open up a lead with the match finishing 3&1 to myself.
    Many thanks for the game Frank and was a real pleasure and hope to have a knock again in the future.

Cheers
    john

• turfsand
    1,476 Posts
    [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sat, Nov 12 2016 3:21 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

andivo wins our match 1 up. it was a pleasure to have a game with some fine players in honor of Andyson, thank you very much PaulTon
        Turfsand

• Andivo
    359 Posts
    [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sun, Nov 13 2016 3:02 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

thaks Turfsand for nice game, you are really a consistent and correct player
    a pleasure to play with you.
    Ciao
    Federico

• alanti
    7,709 Posts
    [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Nov 14 2016 1:03 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Hi Paul - I have not seen Steve on at all, and as our best time to play is probably weekends we have not managed to tee this one up.
    Add to that I was away back home for the weekend, so please accept my apologies.
    With that said, let Steve go through and I will raise my glass to Dennis. Thanks for a magnificent tournament and for taking the time and effort for putting this tribute together.

• stevietwotimes
    1,179 Posts
    [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Nov 14 2016 1:54 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

hey Alan,Paul,
    looks like we just missed each other again :(
    the only time to get this game on is probably weekends due to work commitments,when im awake Alans asleep lol,so it has been a little problem Smile
    i dont want to hold this Andyson tournament up for a WGT Legend so i think its best that Paul flicks a coin as its the only fair way......
    best of luck Alan.....

• PaulTon
    9,525 Posts
    [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Nov 14 2016 2:07 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Alan was heads, Stevie was tails. My good lady flipped the coin, it came up tails.
    Stevietwotimes goes through to next round.
    Stevietwotimes goes through to next round.

NOW PLAYING ROUND 4 (QUARTER FINALS)

• onekeano
      3,339 Posts
      [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Wed, Nov 16 2016 12:07 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

just played fedrico
      was a very tight match, a/s after 10, then fedrico had a wgt moment meter ran off the charts landed him in bad rough and it was a struggle for him from there, so ul and a real shitty way to lose a match, 
      enjoyed the company, another friend made, 

• Andivo
      359 Posts
      [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Wed, Nov 16 2016 12:18 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Dave, thanks for the nice words.
      It was nice to play with you this game fought to the end (and beyond - 2-hole playoff)
      You've been a really strong opponent - great player !!!
      PaulTon, it was a pleasure to have a game with some fine players in honor of Andyson, thank you very much for nice job!!!
      Ciao
      Federico

• jacko1972
        912 Posts
        [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Fri, Nov 18 2016 2:48 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Just played my match with Dave and unfortunately had the WGT gods against me from the first hole, missing a 6ftr to win the hole, only for Dave to take a 1 up lead on 2nd, then for me to miss by 2in on 3rd to get it back to AS, then from there Dave tooka 2 up lead and then another wgt moment for me to go 3 down, and then a wgt moment for Dave on 7 which allowed me to sneak one back but unfortunately thats the way it ended, Dave winning 2 up..

Well played mate and great catching up after all these years..

Many thanks for this great tournament and been a great honor being able to play in it win or lose..

Good luck for the finals Dave

onekeano
        3,339 Posts
        [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Fri, Nov 18 2016 3:06 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

jacko1972:
        unfortunately had the WGT gods against me from the first hole, missing a 6ftr to win the hole, only for Dave to take a 1 up lead on 2nd, then for me to miss by 2in on 3rd to get it back to AS, then from there Dave tooka 2 up lead and then another wgt moment for me to go 3 down, and then a wgt moment for Dave on 7 which allowed me to sneak one back but unfortunately thats the way it ended, Dave winning 2 up..

well i think john said it all there:)
        and sure was a brilliant meeting up again, 
        we had a good chat and laugh at few things we remembered:) and i know it wont be as long again 
        but in all honestly who ever wins this, we dont really care as it is thanks to Paul for getting all of us together in honour of Dennis, 
        it has been pleasure meeting some real gentleman and lady along this journey, and i hope that we can continue to meet up for what seems to have been a marvelous person, 
        again a massive thank you Paul ,

• tygerjr
          475 Posts
          [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Fri, Nov 18 2016 6:17 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

tigrecaca and i played , pretty close match . 
           i just made a few more putts to win 2 up

• tigrecaca
          178 Posts
          [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Fri, Nov 18 2016 6:43 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Good game tygerjr and good luck for your next game.
          Thank you Paul for this tournament.
          Seb

• stevietwotimes
      1,179 Posts
      [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sun, Nov 20 2016 11:38 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

lost 3 and 2 to Jure,
      i played like a hack from the start lol.....and Jure just pounded me into the dirt Smile
      well deserved m8 and good luck the rest of the tornie.....
      thx to Paul and the rest who helped put this together for Dennis...it was an honour to play in it Smile

• mkrizan86
      1,422 Posts
      [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sun, Nov 20 2016 3:35 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Knowing Stevie from the bracket circuit and knowing his MP record, i was extremely lucky. Probably caught him on his worst day of the year, while I played surprisingly well. Can't believe I'm still in this. 
      The company was truly enjoyable and that's what this tourney is all about.

• tygerjr
        475 Posts
        [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Thu, Nov 24 2016 3:57 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

mkritzan86 and i played , some what close match , i just missed a few close putts.
        again good company and gamenship, thx
        mkritzan86 won 2 up
        good luck in the final

• mkrizan86
        1,422 Posts
        [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Fri, Nov 25 2016 2:17 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Like Tyger said, he had really bad breaks from #3 through #5 and couldn't come back from there. He was also at a disadvantage because of his gear, the G10 3w is quite a setback on #3 (long pin). He had to use the driver and trinkled 15 feet below the hole from the following flop from the rough on top of the green. L1 Callies couldn't have been much help either. a fun and friendly match though, as were all from round 1 on.
        I already sent a FR to Dave, so we can schedule our match. I doubt we'll be able to play, I should be fairly swamped for this weekend.

• craigswan
          7,296 Posts
          [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Nov 28 2016 3:42 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

mkrizan86: is my man but good luck to you both .
          Will be nice to have paulton back on the forums full time .
          Good job everybody .

• PaulTon
          9,525 Posts
          [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Fri, Nov 25 2016 4:31 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

mkrizan86:
          I already sent a FR to Dave, so we can schedule our match. I doubt we'll be able to play, I should be fairly swamped for this weekend.

Doesn't have to be this weekend but it will be played or there will be trouble!
          Good luck to both of you!

• pdb1
            12,479 Posts
            [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Mon, Nov 28 2016 5:23 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

In my efforts to also play in the tournament to show my respect for the Legend that IS Andyson . Which was and is still a thrilling event . Hanging on myself til the third round . 
              One of the memorials I have been producing is a colorful tribute to this " !st Andyson Memorial Open Tournament " . 
              I would like to share it at this point . There will be more . As I have an incredible collection of his work . But here is the first . Please enjoy .

• onekeano
        3,339 Posts
        [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Fri, Dec 2 2016 3:14 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

final up and running,
        sorry  no twitch
        well what can i say Jure and Me had a fantastic time, in wat was a brilliant match, but more important wat a laugh we had
        nip and tuck for the 1st couple of holes then J went 1 up on the 4th and 2 up after 8, i pulled 1 back with eagle on 9, a/s after 11, J had a spike with his putt lipped out, 
        i went 2 up after 14, then J wook up again and clawed it back to a/s on 17, halved the last to go to xtra,
        a super shot from j left him 2ft from pin on 1st xtra, and i was left with a bendy 9ftter, and had my only spike of the game and boohoo missed,
        so a big Congrats to J, from me, (and best of luck in a months time hope all goes well)Smile but i suppose the real winner is the amount of new friends everyone made playing this in honour of Dennis, 
        as i said before never had the privilege of playing with him , but from what i can see he was well respected and loved on the forums,
        i would like to thank PAUL , on running a fantastic Tournament in Dennis's honour and long may it continue, i for 1 will play every year, just so i can meet more fantastic people, 
        dave

• RoggRR
          225 Posts
          [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:31 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

well sayed dave .. congrats to both finalists
          it was pleasure to be part of this tournament ... thanks to paul and the rests
          see you next time

• opyeuclid
          4,842 Posts
          [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Fri, Dec 2 2016 6:00 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

And the winner of this event was ......
          Andyson 
          The community got together for something special . For someone Special !
          It is this part of WGT  that makes me proud to be a player of this game .
          OPY 

• PaulTon
            9,526 Posts
            [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sat, Dec 3 2016 5:12 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

p.s. Bery is holding the last final, final match of this whole lollapalooza...

THE HINGE AND BRACKET FINAL, FINAL

• bubbsboy
              5,504 Posts
              [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sat, Dec 3 2016 5:57 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

Well done Jure and unlucky Dave, tight thrilling match as to be expected.
              Well done Paul and his little helpers.
              Well done also to the Hinge players and everyone taking part in the entire comp
              RIP Dennis, he would have loved this for sure.

• liam91
                2,559 Posts
                [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:15 AM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

the final got the game that Andyson deserved
                unlucky Dave ,you gave it a good go my friend, congrats to Jure on a great win
                Paul, it's a good thing you did mate ,my respects sir
                Mike

• mkrizan86
                1,422 Posts
                [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sat, Dec 3 2016 2:55 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

Apologies for coming in late, I was spent last night and then worked all day today, no time to write.
                The final went as Dave described, could've gone either way. Ironically, it ended on a WGT meter spike. I have to say, being 2 down after 14, I knew it was a long shot, but really didn't care if I lose, cause I was in the final of a fantastic tourney, run by fantastic people and playing along side of a wonderful person (Dave). My cup was full either way. 
                But this tourney was a very emotional one for me. As some of you may know (I whined enough about it, lol), my PC broke down 2 months ago and the laptop that was left, was unplayable (awful meter, stopped when it wanted, grid dots moving at a different speed cause of the different gameclient size, pure frustration). I would've probably quit if it wasn't for this tourney.
                But, as bad as this laptop felt, it belonged to my late mother, who had passed 10 months ago from sarcomma. It became mine after, but I never used it. But now, with no other way of playing, I started using it and discovered a folder with tons of pics of her, my sister and me. Brought me back to happier times.
                Every round I played in this tourney, I thought of her, of Dennis, of a few people from our CC (D, D and P, thinking of you), who also lost their loved ones this year and how harsh this year really was on this community and life in general. As one of my favourite TV show hosts (John Oliver) said: F.uck you, 2016!
                And somehow, round by round, I became more and more at peace with everything, even my game slowly started coming back as I was getting used to the different machine. 
                So thank you again to Paul and others, who helped to organise this memorial, it turns out it meant even more to me than what I expected. I healed a little because of it, despite the fact that I've been crying for the past 20 minutes, while I'm writing this. Never knew WGT forums could be such a good outlet ;-)
                RIP Dennis and everyone else we've loved and lost

• bubbsboy
                5,504 Posts
                [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sat, Dec 3 2016 3:43 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

Now this forum turned to sh1te a while back IMO.
                As there were not enough stories like above, or if there were then some idiots would hijack them.
                Well done.

• alanti
                7,709 Posts
                [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sat, Dec 3 2016 4:36 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

Congratulations to Jure and commiserations to Dave, but as Jure summed up. this was more than just about results, it was about the WGT community coming together and honoring one of the finest contributors, Dennis aka Andyson.
                Full respect to not only Dave and Jure (and Jure has always had that from me) but to every player who played in these tributes - this was about respecting Dennis in the ways WGT refused too.
                A fitting final and more ironic that a meter skip was the deciding factor - I can't help but think Dennis would have got some kicks out of that.
                A lot of us used it to also remember other players who have passed and personal friends and family who have passed....and in some odd way was healing, even if just a little.
                A huge thanks to Paul and his helpers, this was extremely well organised, and bearing in mind your personal struggles, makes it truly outstanding.
                I hope we can do this next year too!

• phred952
                950 Posts
                [size=13][size=13][size=13][size=13]Sat, Dec 3 2016 9:52 PM[/size][/size][/size][/size]

From what you guys reported I have to say congratulations Jure on a tough win over a great opponent,  In the end, there were no loser in this event.  We all played to honor Dennis.  I'd like to think he has a big smile on his face after seeing this Tournament play out.
                To Paul and everyone who helped you pull this together, I can only say thanks for all of your effort in making it a fitting tribute to our friend.  To everyone who entered to show your support I can only say:
                Thank you each and everyone so very much.
                Jeff (phred952) 

pdb1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

subject title ***Andyson Memorial 2016 - Final Result and de-brief.***

Post by pdb1 on Mon 12 Dec 2016, 20:25

• PaulTon
    9,611 Posts
    [size=13][size=13][size=13]Sat, Dec 3 2016 9:03 AM[/size][/size][/size]

Well, it's over! It has been my honour and pleasure to organise and host this event.
    I think the discussion thread led us to a very successful format which despite a few hiccups, was fairly easy to run...
    But only because I had a lot of people helping  along the way. So from me, a huge personal thank you to these guys - 
                            WigerToods, C.Everett, ScottHope, Bery111, Twominusone.
    I'm sure I've missed a few names that helped me a lot (sorry, old stoner brain!) and some other people helped by posting on my wall and messaging me to keep me on track, all of you have my sincere thanks.

Sounds like we got the final that this tournament deserved, great play from both guys. Dave (onekeano) has been outstanding, joint winner (with Adeypa) of the strokeplay event and then making the MP final only to lose on extra holes. Huge congratulions to him.

Getting to the final and then beating Dave shows how good a player Jure (mkrizan86) really is. Very, very well played Jure. For the next year you are officially the man!

p.s. Bery is holding the last final, final match of this whole lollapalooza...

THE HINGE AND BRACKET FINAL, FINAL

• mrcaddie
      1,914 Posts
      [size=13][size=13]Sat, Dec 3 2016 11:47 AM[/size][/size]

Paul,
      Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you put in to make this event happen. It was incredible. I've put together similar events on WGT and I know how much of a toll it can take on your personal life and I applaud your effort.
      Through your efforts I was able to make not only a new virtual friend but a new friend IRL with Mystry78, who I had the pleasure of playing with. As stated in another thread, he doesn't live that far from me and I hope come next Spring we'll be able to play some real golf with each other. That would never have happened without you putting this event together, so I thank you for that.
      To those who helped Paul pull this off...I thank you as well.
      R.I.P. Andyson
      MC
      Edit- Congrats to Jure, well played.

• alosso
      15,752 Posts
      [size=13][size=13]Sat, Dec 3 2016 1:13 PM[/size][/size]

You are AWESOME, all of you!
      These events surely were a superior memorial party for the beloved Andyson.
      Well done!!

• phred952
      978 Posts
      [size=13][size=13]Sat, Dec 3 2016 10:05 PM[/size][/size]

alosso:

You are AWESOME, all of you!
      These events surely were a superior memorial party for the beloved Andyson.
      Well done!!

+1000.  I can' think of anything else to include with what alosso said above, except that I'm proud to have participated in this wonderful tribute to our friend.  Thank you everyone for your hard work to make this come off. 

• ScottHope
      4,451 Posts
      [size=13][size=13]Sun, Dec 4 2016 2:13 AM[/size][/size]

A fabulous effort by all concerned. It takes a lot of work to put together something like this so a huge thank you to Paul & Co. Well done!  ; )

• thegoosebag
      1,680 Posts
      [size=13][size=13]Sun, Dec 4 2016 6:46 AM[/size][/size]

thanks to paul and all who helped him out,great tourney in memory of a lovely man
      congrats to jure on a great win (i know how hard it is to beat dave,unlucky m8) and well done to all who participated in both comps
      cheers     mark.

• CEverett12
      4,739 Posts
      [size=13][size=13]Sun, Dec 4 2016 6:55 AM[/size][/size]

Well done Guys !  You all came together and put on a great tournament , Andyson would be proud !  Congratulations to the winners , Thank you Paul and Co.  And everyone who participated .... 

• drmoose
        2,368 Posts
        [size=13][size=13]Sun, Dec 4 2016 7:27 AM[/size][/size]

Well done to all who participated. Kudos to Paul & Bery for their commitment, and congrats to the winners.
        Doc Smile

• PaulTon
          9,611 Posts
          [size=13][size=13]Sun, Dec 4 2016 8:18 AM[/size][/size]

Thank you all for the kind comments, the best thing about all of this is the spirit in which we all came together and made this fun event a fitting tribute to Dennis.
          For everyone involved -

Oh yeah, I forgot to thank Doc Moose for giving me ideas to inspire the in thread graphics.

• alanti
            7,748 Posts
            [size=13][size=13]Sun, Dec 4 2016 7:04 PM[/size][/size]

Awesome job to everyone involved in putting these tribute tournaments together.
            Through all your hard work and efforts, this turned into something special which is apt for such a tremendous contributor to the community.
            A special thanks to all the players and community for getting behind this, I made new friends, reacquainted with old ones.......and we reminisced about the great times Dennis bestowed upon us.
            I certainly felt proud to be a member of this community once again, and that is what makes it such a good place - the people who actually make this game great.
            It took a community effort to honour Dennis and everyone should feel proud. I am sure Dennis looked down and was humbled.
            Congratulations to all the official winners, but in my book, every player who participated is a winner.
            Three cheers for everyone!

• bery111
      2,170 Posts
      [size=13]Mon, Dec 5 2016 3:20 AM[/size]

Well done to everyone involved! Fantastically run, fantastically played and a fantastic memory for Dennis! I agree totally with what Alanti has said above. Smile
      As Paul eluded above...it's not over until the fat guy in the pink tutu sings (and I'm not sure if that's a good idea lol)....
      So, over to Jure (mkrizan86) and BigKnight for the Final Final. This one's for fun, for you two guys to enjoy a final sand slinging contest in a search of extra-terrestrial life on St Andrews. Dennis has sent me a small request from t'other side as to the conditions:
      18 hole Matchplay at St Andrews (setup as a practice match or go off your own tees if you're brave enough)
      Front tees
      Champ greens
      Starter irons, 3wd,  hybrid, wedges, putter and balls. You may use your own equipped driver.
      Play as and when you are both able to arrange the match - we'll look forward to a match report here and a stream/recording of the match if either of you are able to.
      Once again, thanks to all those that made this Memorial something special. Now we can look forward to next year's Andyson Memorial event.

• BigKnight
      2,085 Posts
      [size=13]Wed, Dec 7 2016 1:34 PM[/size]

Congrats to Jure for winning this! Looking forward to our Final Final. Conditions look to be fun...hopefully we can iron out a time over the next week or so Smile

• shovlovin
      1,552 Posts
      [size=13]Wed, Dec 7 2016 1:59 PM[/size]

well done you guys, and hats off to Bery111.

• mkrizan86
      1,446 Posts
      [size=13]Thu, Dec 8 2016 4:30 PM[/size]

bery111:

18 hole Matchplay at St Andrews (setup as a practice match or go off your own tees if you're brave enough)
      Front tees
      Champ greens
      Starter irons, 3wd,  hybrid, wedges, putter and balls. You may use your own equipped driver.

I saw this the day you posted it. I'm still clenched over the prospect of using the starter putter, but it should be fun ;-) Already sent my time table to BK (congrats on the win), we should get together soon enough. A huge thank you again to you, Paul and everyone else who helped in creating and running this fantastic event.

• PaulTon
        9,611 Posts
        [size=13]Thu, Dec 8 2016 8:16 PM[/size]

• bery111
          2,170 Posts
          [size=13]Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:28 AM[/size]

mkrizan86:

I saw this the day you posted it. I'm still clenched over the prospect of using the starter putter, but it should be fun ;-) Already sent my time table to BK (congrats on the win), we should get together soon enough. A huge thank you again to you, Paul and everyone else who helped in creating and running this fantastic event.

This may or may not help "confuse" your opponent:

Not sure how long the putter will take to dry after a spray, so use at your discretion! Very Happy

• bery111
            2,170 Posts
            [size=13]Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:30 AM[/size]

PaulTon:

TY Paul - fantastic trophy once again. Good thing I'm not "in it to win it" - most people say I've got several screws loose and no one wants to be picking up those brackets after I've been at them! lol

• mkrizan86
            1,446 Posts
            [size=13]Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:54 PM[/size]

Starting in a few minutes, sadly no twitch.

• BigKnight
            2,085 Posts
            [size=13]Fri, Dec 9 2016 4:25 PM[/size]

The Final of all Finals is over. Twas a great time had by Jure and I as we toasted one last time to a great friend and WGT player...conditions were so much fun....starter balls on champ greens with a starter putter? lol.....
            We traded the lead on the front at ST A. and came to the turn AS...Jure did a much better job than I of figuring out the putter, and was solid on the back nine. He won 4up.
            Was a pleasure to make another new friend, and I enjoyed our chat along the way.
            Cheers!
            =bk=

• mkrizan86
            1,446 Posts
            [size=13]Fri, Dec 9 2016 4:30 PM[/size]

Let me start by saying another thank you to all who organised this event as a tribute to our dear friend Dennis, who brought both wisdom and joy to this place. I've had the pleasure of meeting a lot of great new people and will hopefully have the pleasure of playing with them again in the future.
            As far as the match, Geof was a wonderful playing companion. We both had to adjust to the different sticks, in my case, especially the putter. Tough for us off dingers to guess the correct spot on the meter, let alone clicking it in time ;-) But after a couple of holes, it was as if muscle memory from Corwyn's UEL starter comps and Ryder cups kicked in and started holing most putts within 15 feet. Lucky night for me, a little less fortunate for Geof. He started well and got 1 up on the 3rd hole, but then burnt the cup edge too many times. I won #5 (25 footer for eagle) and #6, we split the next 2 and were tied after 9, which he birdied and I didn't. But then came the back 9, where I won the 1st 4 holes, we tied #14 and #15 and the match was over  with a score of 4&3.
            We managed to find some rough, enjoyed the fescue on #13 and all in all had a fun outing. It was a privilege and a treat to have the opportunity of playing along one of the greats of this game, both in golfing and in human terms.

• PaulTon
            9,611 Posts
            Fri, Dec 9 2016 6:02 PM

• gsoup
              2,755 Posts
              Fri, Dec 9 2016 6:11 PM

very well done to all

• bubbsboy
              5,513 Posts
              Sat, Dec 10 2016 4:31 AM

Fantastic work from Paul and his hard working colleagues.
              Well done winners and runners ups.
              Well done to all who played and all who contributed to the various threads.
              WGT should be proud that members of their game have came together like this, in what is a world wide online bit of fun. Not many here know each other in "real life" but have came together to honour a man who sadly passed away. 
              Will any other online community pull together in that way.....I presume not.
              For once and for all WGT either comment or contact Paul by pm......it would ease some ill feeling, of that I promise.
              RIP Dennis 

• bery111
              2,170 Posts
              Mon, Dec 12 2016 5:38 AM

Well done Jure and Geof! Looks like you had a fun time with the starters! Thanks to everyone who came together for the Andyson Memorial. I leave you now with my saying for 2016: "If they won't, WE WILL" - I think it's self explanatory who the theyare. Wink
              bery (looking forward to a year's worth of VEM after making that statement!)

pdb1
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top