Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43669 messages in 6438 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH

Go down

THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Empty THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH

Post by Paul Sun 05 Feb 2017, 3:05 am

• THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Wishma11
    wishman51
    506 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:41 PM

Perhaps I need a WGT dedicated computer.  One of the problems I encounter is that when I'm not actually playing a round I'm almost always doing something else with my system.  My settings say it will make some sound if I get an invite but I have yet to hear it.  Perhaps I'm just oblivious.  That means I go red a lot.  I'm pretty good about switching back and forth.  Even when I'm perusing the forum I'm red because I cant see the invite flashing. I would love to play games with you all.  I tried setting up my laptop and leaving WGT open to see invites but I probably don't check it enough.  Any ideas?  Maybe I should throw my Skype # out there but I've been a bit reluctant to do that...I'm not sure why.
    PS: How do you guys message in game startup of an invite that it will be a few minutes before you're ready without exiting the round you're in?

• THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Irishe12

irisheyez5
    1,354 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 6:23 PM

Its good to see  your minding your status Andrew ...  the sound feature sadly doesnt wrk very well  ...  in  your game settings  under the audio  tab  you need to have your  music turned on ..... and the sound you will  hear when getting an invite is exactly the same  as the sound you hear each time a person from your friend list  enters or exits the game ...  very strange i know  ...  wgt can  certainly  try to enhance  the invite icon so  ppl are more aware ....  but  they actually made it worse by  making the "INVITE FRIENDS" logo  a solid  green  .... which is just above where you see your invites ....  used to be the flashing green light caught your eye  now with this green  emblem  in such close proximty it makes it more difficult to notice .  
    You can be sure if you see me green  i'm  available for an  invite  providing  no one  beats you to it  lol.....i try to  switch my status to red  as soon as i accept an invite but some times get caught with more than 1 invite at a time .  If i'm  busy  doing other things regardless of what they are  ,  looking at facebook, sending messages,  reading forums...  etc.etc.  i change my status  to either red  or  invisible  so not to waiste anyones time  trying to invite me when  i  likely wont see that invite ....
    Hope this helps  
    cheers Gary 

• pdb1
    13,452 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:01 PM

All of that is quite correct . I especially agree with 

irisheyez5:
     wgt can  certainly  try to enhance  the invite icon so  ppl are more aware .

While inviting or accepting an invite . You are also correct . You stay green possibly allowing for 2 or 3 or more invites at the same time . Which having a choice isn't so bad . The moment the game starts you automatically turn red . 

THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Pdb1a17

• pdb1
    13,452 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:11 PM

wishman51:
    How do you guys message in game startup of an invite that it will be a few minutes before you're ready without exiting the round you're in?

I am not exactly sure what you are asking Andrew ?
      If you mean that while you are on the last hole or two . And someone sends you an invite . How do you let them know you will be available in a few minutes ? If that is what you mean . Then by declining the invite . It opens the manual message screen . You can type in something like " last hole ready in a couple " or " be ready in a sec " or something you think will get their attention . Must be short and quick though . 
      You should also be able to go to any other tab and PM or email someone a quick response . That they may possibly see . Without interrupting your current round .  
      Paul

• THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Pdb1a17

pdb1
    13,452 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 7:30 PM

wishman51:
    My settings say it will make some sound if I get an invite but I have yet to hear it.

Gary is right . It is the same annoying sound , ding or dong or whatever that goes on constantly all the time when a friend comes on and off . I guess from what i have read there are glitches where some do not have that audio sound . 
      Mine only has sound with my ear buds . That I only use when I Skype . Which is about once or twice a month .
      I have to stay green all the time . For one , I am on and always ready to play . Would much rather play than whatever else i am doing . So I try to pay attention not to miss any . I guess I still miss a few . But I also accept several per day . 
      I can't think of any reason for myself to turn myself red . On the rare occasion that an invite comes across and I am not ready to play . I would message them an answer with the decline . Which has  happened very rarely . And the reason they supply the manual message option . It is only on if you decline . 
      I used to turn myself red . And every time I would forget to turn it back . Sometimes for days before I realized it . I hate it when that happens . I think it only happens to Americans . Lol . 
      Paul

• THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Wishma11

wishman51
    506 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:12 PM

irisheyez5:
    in  your game settings  under the audio  tab  you need to have your  music turned on

Well Gary that would explain some things.  I never have the music on.  I'll try staying green and turning it on when I do other stuff.  Thanks for the heads up.
    Paul... Yes, that's what I was talking about.  I can't remember the last time I declined an invite (missed plenty).  I forgot the message thing that comes up.  Thanks.

• THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Dschom11

irisheyez5
    1,354 Posts

pdb1:
      If you mean that while you are on the last hole or two . And someone sends you an invite . How do you let them know you will be available in a few minutes ? If that is what you mean . Then by declining the invite . It opens the manual message screen . You can type in something like " last hole ready in a couple " or " be ready in a sec " or something you think will get their attention . Must be short and quick though . 

Well  1st of all  you cant get  invites  while  your in a game  ....  unless you are playing alone and if its a tourny  it has to be  unlimited or  wgt  will  switch you to red .
    single round tourny's or  any multi player game  you automatically  switch to red as soon as game starts and stay red till  games over .
    Again  proper ettiquette  would be to manually switch to red when  playing a game you are not willing to drop  if you get an  invite  . May  not seem  important to  some of you but  believe me  it is very  annoying to  those of us that  are trying to set a multi player game...  when you see  a list of  ppl  who are green and think  you can easily set up  a game but get no  response ....  so by iviting  a person who is green but not minding they're status  it  waists  3  minutes  the more ppl  that do this the greater the chance the allotted  to set game will  run out  ....  then you have to start all over .
    when i'm on  WGT  i'm  interested in  one thing only  ....  thats hitting the ball not  spending  10  minutes  trying to get someones attention.
    I  may aswell  come out and say it now ..... if  i've tried inviting you and  continuously have no luck,  you will be removed from my list  CC  member or not .
    I'm  here to play golf  ....  wanna be my friend ,  play golf with me Smile)

THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Pdb1a17

• pdb1
    13,452 Posts
    Tue, Aug 23 2016 11:54 PM

irisheyez5:
    Well  1st of all  you cant get  invites  while  your in a game

That is what we are talking about . WGT leaves players green for any single player match . So that one can be invited during a match .

irisheyez5:
    I  may aswell  come out and say it now ..... if  i've tried inviting you and  continuously have no luck,  you will be removed from my list  CC  member or not .

Oh my . Okay well I guess what you are saying is that if you have invited someone that is green and not got a response . Then they must be ignoring you and are not worthy to be your friend . 
      I can guaranty that is not the case . Any one in this CC does not ignore invites . 
      I ask you to please not un friend anyone that does not see your invite .
      That is too presumptuous and very unfair . 
      That un friending would be counter productive to the positive nature and message that this CC stands by and is very proud of . 
      I guess after further thought . Maybe I will not require one to friend in the first place . that would lessen the probability of being unfriended . 
      Nope that is not going to happen . 
      Either way it is more negativity than I believe should occur . 
      I can't imagine being in a CC where there are members unfriending one another .
      Are you kidding me ? 
      At the same time . After having over 700 friends on my list at one point . I started a CC . I had to have the ability to PM message my members . The only way I could get my PM messaging to work was to delete 500 friends that I had on that list to play multiplayer rounds with . To the number 255 . Which is the limit for this type of computer program . 
      I reluctantly did this after stubbornly waiting a very long time . Once it got down to 255 I had PM messaging with everyone . And still have to trim it all the time . To enable PM's with the new members and friends . 
      So I do understand the philosophy of wanting the people you are more likely to play on your friends list . 
      But having 20 or 30 more that are your CC mates is also a logical move . In this CC anyway . 

• THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Paulle13

paulleftypaul
    179 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 11:16 AM

thanks for nothing...unfriend me because you say numerous times???  you are somewhere off in your own head.  ...not all Canadians are selfish as this act shows..you must be scared to play me.

dschom5
    913 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2016 4:29 PM

Wow the claws are out, I never turn down an invite to play, Wgt does not show you are busy when you are playing in the cc tournaments, you have to remember to go red on your own.  Glitch in wgt in my opinion.  I am sure sometimes when I am playing in cc tournaments I may have missed an invite or 2 but I think we all have.  I do not think you should unfriend a cc member though, we are all in this together, united we stand, divided we fall.  Just my opinion, if someone turns down an invite they may have a reason, or may have not seen it.  

Turd

THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Irishe12

• irisheyez5
    1,354 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:05 AM

paulleftypaul:
    .you must be scared to play me.

NOW  THATS FKN  FUNNY RIGHT THERE ........................
    I can  only assume your refering to  someone getting beat by you in this  golf game .....
    however i would be happy  to accept  any challenge you feel  you may be better at ...
    if you want  to show your talent against me  it will be  no less than 1000 credits  otherwise  dont waist my time.
    cheers Gary

dschom5
    913 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:09 AM

You guys need to put your dicks back in your pants, it's a game.

Turd

• THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Kookyk11

CrustyDemon1
    657 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:08 AM

dschom5:

You guys need to put your dicks back in your pants, it's a game.

Turd

My my Turdles,
    You're so sexy when you're serious too :-}
    I totally agree with you - of course.  
    Kelly 
    x

pdb1
    13,452 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:27 AM

Dicks or dollars . I'm wondering if they would consider playing a game of golf . 
      I do love the in CC competitive banter though . It can and has resulted in some very good healthy rounds and friendships . If we can maintain it at a mature and respectful level . 
      There is nothing wrong with any of us standing up for themselves . Knowing we are gr8 players and challenging each other to show that we can play our best . 
      As long as it results in some good golf . 

pdb1
    13,452 Posts
    Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:43 AM

BTW last night i was invited to an altshot game . By Donnymac and a couple other of his buddies . Donny and I were matched up as 2 VOTSCC teamates . Which is the way I like it . Unfortunately neither of us could remember how to play golf . But we had a lot of fun . 
      Thanx Donny . We gotta do it again . 

dschom5
      913 Posts
      Sat, Aug 27 2016 1:28 PM

CrustyDemon1:
      You're so sexy when you're serious too :-}

Thanks Kelly

pdb1
      13,452 Posts
      Tue, Nov 1 2016 9:13 PM

The results of Gary's selfish arrogance led to Paulleftypaul leaving the CC . 
        We all immediately freaked out and messaged him to return . I took quite some time before he considered returning . a little cooling off for sure . But he did come back . 
        Thank God 
        Gary and i continued to bicker and try to prove each other wrong . I didn't remove him . I knew it was only going to be a short period of time before he exited on his own . But you would not believe how many letters i got urging me to stop letting him do this and that . Lol . I had already heard about Gary before he gave up his CC " Irish I Could Putt " and asked me to merge with his members . I was very appreciative to have chance to welcome the new players . That was why I just let him defeat himself .
        Only a few could reason with our different agenda . But a GR8 bunch of players . I wish more had stayed . I do not know how many remain ? John do you know exactly ? 

Last edited by Paul on Sun 23 May 2021, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  Empty Re: THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH

Post by Paul Wed 26 Aug 2020, 10:36 pm

THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF THE IRISH  JOdS9

Fixed another thread full of corrupted files

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin