Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43669 messages in 6438 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

NEW GUIDELINES FOR ALT SHOT TOURNAMENT

Go down

NEW GUIDELINES FOR ALT SHOT TOURNAMENT Empty NEW GUIDELINES FOR ALT SHOT TOURNAMENT

Post by Paul Fri 19 Jun 2015, 3:32 pm

2015-06-19
13:43:51
  GUIDELINES FOR VOTSCC KICK ASS WEEK END EVENTS

THIS EDITION WILL BE SPECIFIC TO THE ALT SHOT FORMAT.

EVERYONE WILL RECEIVE AN OFFICIAL INVITE FOR THE TOURNAMENT.
  HERE ARE SOME CRITICAL LINKS THAT YOU WILL BECOME VERY FAMILIAR WITH
http://challonge.com/
http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/
  Challonge bracket page
http://challonge.com/????????
http://valleyofthesun.forumotion.com/
http://valleyofthesun.forumotion.com/portal?pid=2 ( our page 3 )
Players MUST register to play on the challonge website at the link provided 
players must register for each tournament at the sign in link provided . sometime during the week prior to the tournament . As soon as possible . Helps determine attendance , match ups etc.

There is also a check in at challonge required no less than 1 hour  prior to the match . The automated bracket maker will automatically remove any registered player in the tournament if thet have not checked in prior to the START time of the tournament . As admin I can re enter you . But beleive me I have plenty to do . The more you step up the more likely this will be successful .

Everyone must be green available for everyone , must be friends , must know how to set and create a match in WGT . Please be sure to have cleaned and or cleared or whatever helps  your computer  run optimally at least in reasonable time to check and test everything long before so there are no surprises when it comes to tournament time . Please read all of this guide and as much as you can in the site about our tourneys long before the tournament . Ask questions . Very reccommended long before tourney time . As there will be no time for me to stop for 1 second . Ask someone there in the chat room with you if you have still unanswered questions .

All tournaments similar to ours use a chat box for all players to meet for communicating and assembling . The precheck in prior to the tournament in our chat must be within 30 minures prior to the tournament . this is very important to determine attendance . Once all players have arrived and checked in to both challonge and our chat . As the start time nears but not before ( always late comers ). Admin (me ) can then go and set the final brackets and match ups .

Communication : Communicating in the chat is very crucial to the succes of an event . Everyone must understand and respect that there are many others there and all are typing at the same time as you . While you were typing , someone else may have typed a question for you . It is up to you to scan the messages in the box and see if there is something asked of you and you must respond as everyone is expected to see what you have typed and respond also . This is very important . You just can't type and go .( examples of this in this forum please read mandatory ).

The start time of the tournament is not the start time . 

Embedded Brackets : In other tournaments similar to ours . Assemble in their chat and wait for URL's to be typed in so that you can then go to the challonge bracket page to see your brackets match ups etc. Then back to the chat . back and forth .NOT IN OURS .

I have embedded the live brackets into our website . Page 3 is where the live brackets are . As is the chat room you need to be in when we are having a tournament . We are all inthe chat . Right above us are the live brackets  . ( not live until I start the tournament ). 

At the start time of the tournament . Once we have determined that no one else is going to show up . I will then go and set the final brackets and match ups and start the tournament . PRIOR TO THAT ANY OF OUR NAMES THAT YOU SEE IN THE BRACKETS ARE TEMPORARY FILL INS AND NOT CORRECT . YOU WILL BE MATCHED UP DIFFERENTLY WHEN I MAKE THE FINAL BRACKETS AND START THE TOURNAMENT . All other information will be valid so you will already know what courses are played in each round fr 9 or bk 9 , etc.

After all the teams are set, you MAY receive an e-mail from challonge stating that you have been removed from the tournament (IGNORE THIS). DO NOT SIGN UP AGAIN! . This happens because I have to manually removed and replace some players to do the final re match up .

So when I return to the chat and announce that the tournament has started ( only takes a couple minutes to set depending on who showed up or not  ) The names in the brackets are the real match ups . You will see your name next to your partners name and the two names of the team you guys are matched up with . The frist name on the top bracket for each match up is the person responsible for setting the match . You go to WGT and create the alt shot match with the right course fr9 or bk9 , not in practice mode ( although we can if the match ups are too extreme , we would do that to be able to set green speeds . I try to avoid that and manually do the match ups . ) You invite the other three players and play your match . The winning team is responsible for recording or reporting the win and the scoring which I havn't decided yet . ( several scenarios ) . Then everyone must wait until the other matches have been turned in . There are more rounds .

BREAKS: A maximum of 10 minutes is allowed for a break period in between rounds. The break period starts after the teams moving into the next round has been established. The break period is negotiable between the participating teams, NOT to exceed the 10 minute time limit.

DISCONNECTS: If a disconnect occurs during the game and the game can be re-established within WGT time constraints, continue on with the match. If a disconnect occurs and game CANNOT be re-established, WGT rules apply and the team that cannot reconnect is forfeited. The other team wins, no matter what the score is. In our single player tournaments this does not have to be the case I/you/we can arbitrate other outcomes but not in team play .

There is much more details involved with this whole adventure and I will be adding and amending continually as we go .

WHEN TO KNOW IF YOUR DAY IS OVER AND YOU CAN LEAVE THE TOURNAMENT:

RULE OF THUMB : PLEASE NEVER LEAVE AN EVENT UNTIL YOU HAVE SPOKEN PERSONALLY TO MYSELF ( or another admin ) TO ESTABLISH THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER ROUND SCHEDULED .

As the admin there are things I can do to help an individual or team to continue in our tournament play and enjoy more fun . But first you may not be aware that you already will be moving forward in a losers bracket .( with a larger field this is usually the case ). As it may not have been generated yet in the live brackets as matches are still being played . Some patience will be part of every event .

A few scenarios are possible . One is that the current running tournament is nearing the end . If there are enough interested parties , A new tournament can be generated after the final scores are recorded in the first tournament . It takes me 2 & 2 . Two minutes and two seconds to generate a tournament .
  Other scenarios are possible but not likely . A very large field with many moving on and many already eliminated . I can quickly generate another tournament excluding all players in the current running event .
  None of any of this will  be possible without your knowledge of the whole process and protocol , patience , respect , communicative efforts and abilities , respect , love for the game , your awesome presence .

Last edited by PDB1 on Sun 21 Jun 2015, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

NEW GUIDELINES FOR ALT SHOT TOURNAMENT Empty Re: NEW GUIDELINES FOR ALT SHOT TOURNAMENT

Post by Paul Sun 21 Jun 2015, 10:21 am

bottom section new

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com