Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43435 messages in 6393 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........

Go down

HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Empty HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........

Post by Paul Sun 18 Oct 2015, 9:40 pm

• HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Pdb134
    pdb1

5,705 Posts
    08-08-2015 5:51 PM
    HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE current champ is ?

Hi Paul
      Had an idea to run past you.  How a CC pool to see who makes Champion first?  Say 25 credit entry fee , no limit, winner takes the purse(not the player).  Obviously would need some sort of tiebreaker.  Maybe the Champion  could set up a tourney for that.  Just a thought.
      My Response 
      I think having ( small entry fee ) events or competitions within the CC to determine who at that time dominated and could win the pot . Is a gr8 idea . Since there are multitudes of various scenarios for something like this ie: single play ( preferred ) , single round ( to determine winner ) , multi rounds ( winner of most rounds wins ) , multi player stroke ( lowest score wins ) , series of MP stroke ( still lowest score wins ) single player stroke ( best round wins ) ? Then there are match play , etc , etc .

Let me know what type of format you had in mind and we can discuss it more .  ( entry fees can be agreed on and confirmed by all participating players and recorded separately , not having to be needed to enter the competition ).

Remember fishrdav proposed a series of tournaments that would have a pot that would be used to purchase prizes for the winners . It seemed that all agreed on this . It would start out with a tourney that E1 would enter with their fee , e1 would WD the round , fishrdav would collect the pot , post the amount , make a series of free tourneys and pay the winners out of the pot . 

It started out ok for about the first 6 participants , they would enter with then and then WD , until the 7th entrant and 8th the & 9th . Who entered and played through and posted scores . OMG the rest of us had just put our money in it and purposely WD to build a pot . So now it was ruined , our money was gone and some damn CC member fool who would not respond to anyones request for an explanation was going to win all our money . Well fishrdav was beside himself , there was one more hope though . He could re enter the tourney and post a lower score than the other guy and win and save it . But this other guy had  had an amazing round of 28 ( probably the only guy at the time that could pull that off ) Gallant effort fishrdav made but came up short with a 29 .
      We had been talking in the forum about this tourney for a week ans a half . The other 2 guys that entered and played , hadn't been to the forum in weeks and said " we didn't know " .
      By then fishrdav was about to explode . He left the CC nearly had a breakdown lol ( another story ) I don't know what he is doing now .

That incident along with the " BEGINNERS EQUIPMENT ONLY " that also was ruined by members that entered and posted scores 20 strokes lower than E1 else . Was why I kicked it into high gear about it being mandatory to at LEAST READ the CC forum . Not chat , but  READ the CC forum . Hell I don't want to talk to you guys either . But that's what everybody thought even though I specifically spelled it out other wise . 

Now I ask for a periodically CHECK IN for E1 to post 1 damn reply here . To see if you look at all at the forum . Had a good turnout last time I requested it . It became 100% after I removed a few that would never respond and let 2 guys slide that emailed me every so often but for some reason would not respond to that CHECK IN .

My point is we have to be very certain about how we set something like these competitions . Try to do it where one of you won't ruin it .

Paul

pdb1

5,705 Posts
    08-09-2015 9:33 AM
      When someone has an idea or a proposition . One of the main gauges of whether or not it can happen is forum member interest and response .
      Obviously if there is none of that . Then we know we can't possibally pull off an event .

• HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Harry411

harry4364

159 Posts
    08-09-2015 4:12 PM
    count me in.

• HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Jimq9117

JimQ916

1,199 Posts
    08-09-2015 4:21 PM
    I've been a Master for as long as I can remember and have absolutly no way of even competing in this type of Tournament. It's perfect for you Legends / Tour Legends though. I think that you'll get a good turnout. I say go for it...hope it turns out better then the "specialty" Tournaments we've tried in the past....probally will as it seems all the members have been reading the Forum...Jim

• HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Buddha10

Buddha248

45 Posts
    08-10-2015 8:34 AM
    I like the ideas and you golf gods don't scare me :-)

• 08-10-2015 8:47 AM
      Jim's being to humble .

Buddha248:

I like the ideas and you golf gods don't scare me :-)

Buddha you and Jim could kick any of our asses on any given day .

• HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Billsh10

BillShaefer

10 Posts
    08-10-2015 10:16 AM
    I've been a Tour Master for months and months.  Can't you set up a tournament specifically for TM's?  I'm tired of getting into tournaments where the legends and tour legends win all the time, with their 28's and 29's.

• HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Cluckt22

clucktrentsuperd

187 Posts
    08-10-2015 11:30 AM
    i think the champion level is going to be a difficult one to reach, and the tour champion impossible for most. that one is invite only... these tour legend greens and tees are dar and fast enough for the clubs i got. i guess mo mo money for longer clubsand balls will be $9.50 to slow the meter down.... lol. i knew they would come up with this level eventually. for once in my ife the only goal i have is to keep on truckin' at tour legend, and having fun in this club!! paul has made this online game fun again(he's know how i feel) and loluck to those who make champion..... green speed will probably be at least15 or more.....   trent

JimQ916

1,199 Posts
    08-10-2015 12:19 PM
    Hi Bill.....I've been going back and forth about where to place the TM's....some I've put in the Upper Tier (what you're talking about) and some in the Lower Tier. I see your point very well and from now that I set up will (Tiered Tournaments) will be Lower H - TM and Upper L - TC. You make a very good point and I've been on the fence about it for awhile. Thanks for the input....Jim

PS....I have to make some "All Play" Tournaments also so just bare with me....Numerous Tournaments are ending soon and I'll make sure I make some Tiered Tournaments also.

• HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Robmur11

robmurphy4

573 Posts
    08-10-2015 12:27 PM
    Jim,
     Great minds I guess. I just made one for TM and under. I can understand what Bill is saying. I can't shoot 28 or 29 very often myself. Seems fair to group TM with a lower tier. As always just my opinion. Keep up the great work.
    Rob

JimQ916

1,199 Posts
    08-10-2015 12:48 PM
    LOL Rob....there are 2 Tournaments ending tonight at around 8 - 9 PM EST. Let's both set up an Upper Tier Tournament for the courses we just did for the Lower Tier members. Sound good to you?...Jim

JimQ916

1,199 Posts
    08-10-2015 2:06 PM
    Hey again Rob....I just looked and the Tournaments ending tonight are "Pay" Tournaments so can't set up the Tournament for the Upper Tier until Tomorrow (Tuesday) at around 10 - 10:30 AM EST. If you want I can set up yours when I set up mine....Just let me know how you want it set up...Jim

HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Robmur11

• robmurphy4

573 Posts
    08-10-2015 2:25 PM
    Jim,
     Go right ahead and set them up at the same time. I just made that one because of what Bill had posted. Let's call it my good deed for the day. LOL I will stick with the brackets and let you handle the tournaments. If you ever need help though please let me know and i will be glad to do whatever you need. NOT that all you sick FCK's. HAHAHA
    Rob

pdb1

5,705 Posts

BillShaefer:

I've been a Tour Master for months and months.  Can't you set up a tournament specifically for TM's?  I'm tired of getting into tournaments where the legends and tour legends win all the time, with their 28's and 29's.

JimQ916:

Hi Bill.....I've been going back and forth about where to place the TM's....some I've put in the Upper Tier (what you're talking about) and some in the Lower Tier. I see your point very well and from now that I set up will (Tiered Tournaments) will be Lower H - TM and Upper L - TC. You make a very good point and I've been on the fence about it for awhile. Thanks for the input....Jim

PS....I have to make some "All Play" Tournaments also so just bare with me....Numerous Tournaments are ending soon and I'll make sure I make some Tiered Tournaments also.

robmurphy4:

Jim,
     Great minds I guess. I just made one for TM and under. I can understand what Bill is saying. I can't shoot 28 or 29 very often myself. Seems fair to group TM with a lower tier. As always just my opinion. Keep up the great work.
    Rob

JimQ916

1,199 Posts
    08-10-2015 2:53 PM
    K Rob....I'll set your Upper Tier Tournament pretty much the same as you have the Lower Tier ones. I find it funy that we both made a Tournament within 5 minutes apart....Please don't stop making Tournaments....Good to have a couple members doing it...variety!!! 

Last edited by Paul on Thu 27 Aug 2020, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Empty Re: HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........

Post by Paul Sun 18 Oct 2015, 9:41 pm

• HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Robmur12
    robmurphy4

573 Posts
    08-10-2015 3:00 PM

JimQ916:
    .Good to have a couple members doing it...variety!!!

Ok Jim. Variety it shall be. I will put the magic Robbie touch on them. You'll love it. It's a way of life.
    Rob

• HEY PAUL CAN WE HAVE SOME TOURNEYS TO SEE WHO IS THE.........  Jimq9118

JimQ916

1,199 Posts
    08-10-2015 4:35 PM
    Perfect Rob....you have the magic touch....I won't take up all the 12 spots anymore...I'll leave a few for you or anyoe else who wants to set them up....Jim

pdb1

5,705 Posts
    08-10-2015 9:04 PM
      Just to remind you guys . I hope you keep in contact with clucktrent , and JD SHOE so they are able to make their specialty or favorite tourneys . And anyone else that wants to or has an idea needs to contact you two if they want to get one made . 
      You two are awesome . Keep up the good work . Bill had a good point I like the way you guys handled it . 

JimQ916

1,199 Posts
    08-11-2015 7:47 AM
    Thanks Paul....give the members what they want (it's their Club) and the TM issue was the one thing that I didn't know what to do. Bill made a great point that helped me (and Rob)make it a lot easier to decide....Thanks for the kind words also...Jim.

PS....I'm going to make sure that there are at least 8 Tournaments going and will leave spots for them and anyone else to get their Tournaments set up, What happened here is Rob and I made Lower Tier Tournaments about 5 minutes apart and took up all 12 of the spots. I have to set up the Upper Tier Tournaments today and that is going to be back at 11 but after that I'll make sure they is room..Sorry to all abput this.

pdb1

5,705 Posts
    08-11-2015 7:25 PM
      JimQ916 wrote :
      Hey Paul....I just PM'ed Shoe and Trent and apoligized for Rob and I taking up all 12 spots in the CC Tournaments. I told them that I won't set up any Tournaments unless we fall under 8 and that they can feel free to set up any they want to get us to 12. Hope this is cool by you.....Jim 
      Perfect Jim . Thanx for caring and understanding .

pdb1

5,705 Posts
    08-11-2015 7:34 PM
      IDK how the original topic of this thread got so sidetracked . In a good and important direction I might add .
      But anytime anyone wants to get back on point , or it may be a sign that we are not ready for more than what we have going at this point in time .

JimQ916

1,199 Posts
    08-12-2015 6:51 AM
    Hey Paul...totally my fault that we got so off track in this thread. A member asked about setting up tournaments for upper / lower tier players and I answered it and it went from there. I'm sure you noticed (not too much gets by you) that most of these posts are mine....I know now I should have started another thread but didn't think about it at the time. The good news is that a bunch of us members got the setting up of tournaments straightened out (again another blunder of mine setting up too many of them) so some good came of it. From now on I won't go off topic.....if need be I'll start another thread with a topic that is appropriate. Sorry to you and all the members for messing up this thread....Jim

pdb1

5,705 Posts
    08-12-2015 8:26 AM
      No worries Jim. It was a worthy topic . Happens all the time 

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul