Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43669 messages in 6438 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016

Go down

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Empty ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016

Post by Paul Sat 03 Dec 2016, 2:28 pm

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Default13 THE ANDYSON CAMPAIGN ( a colorful look at the 1st Memorial Tournament )

This above is the prelude and pictorial to the ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL*** Tournmaent Series . 

This is also a tribute to PaulTon and his crew . Who made this enormous , fun and exciting event happen . 
  My intention was to try and capture just the highlights from each phase of the tournament . That proved to be too big of a task to edit . As there were so many GR8 comments and thanks and gratitudes throughout . There were a couple different ways I could have copied the various events . It took me a long ass time because many times i got carried away with the amount of content per post . If the post was too big it would disconnect and delete the whole thing and I would have to start all over again . 

The below is the the short overview of each phase of this incredible , well done and participated event to honor the GR8 life of an icon , a class act , a very intelligent gentleman , an artist , I would say a comedian , a gr8 golfer , and a friend to many , and no doubt much more . Dennis Anderson aka Andyson . 

While creating this memorial . There were so many classic comments throughout each phase . It was very hard not to just copy everyone . So I intentionally left many out as it would have made just too much reading and boring to be appropriate . I also intentionally left some in . And towards the end tried to capture the gratitude of many . 

index :

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Default13 THE ANDYSON CAMPAIGN ( a colorful look at the 1st Memorial Tournament )

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Default13 *** ANDYSON MEMORIAL - SIGN UP ***

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Default13 Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Default13 ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 1 SCORES ETC ***

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Default13 **ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 2 SCORES ETC**

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Default13 ***Andyson Memorial 2016 - Final Result and de-brief.***

The above is the full index to the *** MEMORIAL TO THE MEMORIAL ***

Also in the ANDYSON FORUM is my collection of his art work . 

The forum title is 

TO ART OR NOT TO ART : ASK ANDYSON

In the forum are 40 different entries or topics I have saved of ANDYSON's artwork . Starting with 

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Default13 A PREFACE TO THIS COLLECTION OF ANDYSON ART

Last edited by Paul on Thu 20 Aug 2020, 9:05 am; edited 10 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Empty *** ANDYSON MEMORIAL - SIGN UP ***

Post by Paul Sat 03 Dec 2016, 2:34 pm

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2273084_20200528_134820.jpg?0.130.7521

PaulTon
We will be having a community organised tournament to remember him.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDANAUT

PaulTon

Round one will be single play, not unlimited -  18 holes stroke play.
                                             Round1 - (13-16 Oct.2016)
                                     18 hole ranked round @ St. Andrews
                     ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Round two will be single play, not unlimited -  18 holes stroke play.
                                             Round2 - (20-23rd Oct.2016)
                                      18 hole ranked round @ Bethpage Black
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
         64 players will then go into a matchplay bracket to determine a winner.

Round one will begin  with 18 holes stroke play at St. Andrews.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_SIGN_UP

PaulTon
There is a trophy for the winner and a medal (pics) for everyone who plays.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Andysonmedal

Wiger Tood's designed - Jumping Through Hoops 

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 2hhouupbright

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_SIGN_UP1

PaulTon
Red tees, what a prick!

PaulTon

It was expressed by quite a few of us that WGTs only revenue from this should be ball usage. So I would rather we didn't have any pro shop items as prizes. 
They did nothing to honour Andyson and still refuse to make him a Tour Champion.
                                          WGT do not deserve any $$.
If you have cash to splash, Andyson had hearing problems, died from heart failure and loved dogs, you could always donate to a charity. We don't need to hear about it in the tournament thread.
Or if you wish to gift a player an item go ahead but don't tie it in to this tournament by posting about the gift in the  thread.
This is all about Andyson not prizes or public gestures.
Fun and cameraderie with a bit of healthy competition in memory of a good friend is the aim here.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 QPsWl1t

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_SIGN_UP_VEM

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_SIGN_UP_VEM1

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_ICONSIGN

PaulTon

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Giphy

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_SIGN_UP_100

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_ticket

PaulTon
Don't worry about multi-clyde, his problem is with me. Using this thread to exact some imagined revege he's owed tells us everything we need to know about this 'character'.
He took offence on someone else's behalf and posted twice on my wall. The 1st post (which he deleted) was full of obscenities. He is the self appointed knight champion of the tinfoil hatted conspiracy theory spewing community .

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U3414384_20190526_140731.jpg?0.130.7521

thesupernova

In the spirit Mr Andyson,
Let's lighten things up.
You surface with your first post and have that to say?
Please crawl back under from what rock you came, Clyde.
Allie

[/quote]
We'll keep you in our Heart, Mr .Andyson.
This  song  I dedicate  for you.
God Bless

Allie

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYtc

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 HZuqX1C

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U12607191_20200308_154739.jpg?0.130.7521

CEverett12

Bravo ! Well done .

Last edited by Paul on Tue 18 Aug 2020, 2:43 pm; edited 3 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Empty Discussion - Andyson Community Tournament

Post by Paul Sat 03 Dec 2016, 3:37 pm

PaulTon
While we all chip away at WGT in an effort to gain Tour Champion for Andyson we also have to face the fact that a memorial tournament will have to be devised, organised and ran by us, the forum  using community.
I know quite a few people have approached the mods with the idea of a tournament but WGT don't seem to want to.
Many people want to do something to remember Andyson but we should all get together and brainstorm some ideas. We want this to be right, so let's not rush into anything. Players are willing to donate both time and credits to this event, we could make something really good happen.
Rather than people trying to get something done alone or in small groups, let's pool our ideas here, we have a lot of talentented and generous people here.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_THREAD

- What format should a tournament take?
- Who would play in it?
- Prizes?
- Charitable donations?     (one pledge is for a substantial cash amount)
- Would WGT facilitate/advertise/support the tournament?

These are just a few questions to kick things off, now over to you all...
$650 dollars have been pledged already, this is why I felt we all needed involved in this conversation.
I'm leaning towards charitable donations rather than prize money for competitors but thats just my opinion.
Maybe some folk will donate balls as prizes for the actual golf event.
pdb1 re-posted the online memorial link for Andyson in another thread but I noticed that instead of flowers, family and friends were asked to donate to a local charity.
Maybe the local charity and something like the American Heart Association could both benefit?
We need to work out how the money would be held and paid out, this has to be open, accountable and beyond any doubt. (Could WGT facillitate this?).
I'm not ignoring Ducati's kind offer, it's just, I think, all aspects of financial matters need talked about openly
Before all that though, we need more discussion and ideas for the event.
Don't be shy...

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2788032_20170514_124123.PNG?0.130.7521
drmoose:

I've been away for a few days, but I'm glad to see the community pulling together on this.Our friend , I am certain, will not be forgotten. Given WGT's negligence in honoring his memory, I'm proposing any tournament held be played with starter rocks only. Andyson was a big fan of "rescue dogs" as his obituary stated. I further propose any donations be made to the cause he , and his family selected. Let's do this right folks for all the enjoyment / entertainment he brought to us all. I further propose, in light of WGTs' prolonged inaction of doing even the minimal to honor his memory, that any donations bypass WGT, and go directly to his charity of choice, as I see no need to reward WGT with a percentage for their disgraceful behavior.
Doc

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U10232628_20161222_201144.jpg?0.130.7521

petervcpt
I think a donation to Andyson's charity would be an excellent idea.
Additionally I do think that some kind of recognition is due for whoever wins the tournament.
A sleeve of balls to each participant, perhaps sponsored by WGT?, would also not go amiss.
I'm happy to be the holder of the credits and now that we have a fair amount pledged, perhaps we can move onto the type of tournament?

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U304032_20200216_070644.jpg?0.130.7521
opyeuclid
Here is a Idea for a tourney but has nothing to do about where the gifts will go .
A month long event .
We have  4 different friends O Andy each set up a game , that game will be open for a week to give all the players time to enjoy the Ride . Lets just say  Week # 1 friend calls for 18 holes with EZ swing clubs from the tips on Champ green speeds Uneven Lie,s .   
Week # 2 the next friend picks open gear on a low and slow easy tee .
3 & 4 set up a game ,, Bla Bla Bla .
The score will not matter ,  
It will be a chance for us to all get together and set up a game with a friend .
OPY 

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1717438_20190819_005903.jpg?0.130.7521
alanti
Agreed.
I would not want any players to receive anything apart from Kudos.
Personally if WGT could set up a tournament and have an entrance fee which would go to a charity would be the easiest way.
If would be nice if WGT could match that entrance fee, but if not, how about using starters balls.
If WGT cannot/wiil not facilitate this then it gets logistically difficult to do, but would still rely on WGT helping to take credits off players.
The entrance fee should be set so as many players that can afford it would enter. I would rather this be open to as many as possible, as Andyson did things for everyone, not only friends. Perhaps also have an option for additional donations, but again as Paul says, accountability is paramount.
Personally I would rather have a one off tournament that an ongoing event as interest often wanes or time constraints make this difficult.

CEverett12
How about 1 week of stroke play , The top 64 can play a match bracket  ??  ( In week 2 )
Week 3 down to 32
week 4 = 16 players
week 5 = 8 players
week 6  =  final 4

Is that too long ??

PaulTon
Yeah a bit too long, for me.

CEverett12
Are you going some where Paul ?? LOL 
Yes its a bit long , I agree .
We cant make every one happy no matter what , If its unlimited some people wont like it , Single play, you are one and done ,  What about both ?,  First round unlimited , Second round Single play, 
Match play is always a problem with time zones and getting every one to play their match , I'm not the best person for this nor am I the most qualified ,  I am willing to give it a shot .
First we need to decide what format to play , How many holes , What course , How many rounds ETC.
I think we shoot for November 1st
Lets decide what to do and then we will have a thread to sign up ..
PS. I'm sorry Opy , I was not on andysons friends list , I just knew him from the forums .
What ever you guys want to do is fine with me ...
Thanks...........

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1467774_20200629_041452.jpg?0.130.7521

WigerToods2010
Let all that wish to play do so for round one and then filter it down in the next round with perhaps  the top 64/32 or whatever going through.
"Andy's" last round was at St. Andrews - make that the venue?
Ranked round @ chosen course over 9 holes to be played with another. A fourball would be brilliant with one player posting the card (or someone that's already played their own round could volunteer to mark other players cards) with the option to verify score via player's own home page.
Just grab a friend to play a round with or post here saying you are available. Set a date when all '1st round' games must be completed by.
Easy enough to keep track of scores via the forums here to keep a leader board up to date on a daily basis.
I'll glady help out in any way I can: be it keeping scores/ 'marking' for others or whatever. What I won't do is become involved in anything that detracts in the slightest from the whole point of us, the community, paying a fitting tribute to the man.
Update: Just realised...  St. Andy's - Have it finish on the 30th November!

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U723525_20200810_092206.jpg?0.130.7521

Beryman

well if the decision is made to play a couple of single play tourneys to narrow down the field to a workable matchplay bracket number, then the only way to eliminate the possibility of a restart is to use one of WGT`s single plays

or just take every ones word that they played only once which probably works too ... as the goal is to remember and Honor Andy and winning or losing the tourney has no relevance   Smile

PaulTon
Berymans idea is a good way to to ensure single play and also brings the scoring together to one place making it slightly easier to manage. But I just don't want to tag Andy's memorial onto something as unimportant as a WGT weekly.
Good contributions guys, got me thinking, here's where I am now...
Once we have decided format/rounds/courses/dates etc. We start a sign up thread, let it run for  X days/weeks.
Then we start a thread giving details of the 1st round. I will post a complete list of the players and make each name a link their profile page.
We go by WGT clock/ calender, so if for instance it's St Andrews to be played on the 20th Nov, then we look at each profile page and record the score for the 1st round played at St Andy in that 24 hour window of play.
Then I just put the scores against the playername in my post. Having links means anyone can check another players score by clicking it.
This will be a big task and quite time consuming but I have the time and among the people stepping up to help we'll get it done.
Just my thoughts, what do you reckon?

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1996506_20191227_194904.jpg?0.130.7521

Yancycan
Just stumbled upon this --- Been away on end of summer hiatus

Lots to read --- seems to be well organized by great WGTers

Please put me on the "wants to play" list 

Please put me down for throwing a prize into the kettle - decent new golf merch item - will ship it wherever it needs to go on this planet.

My thoughts....... Andyson was a longtime friend of mine & he often contributed things for events I hosted - and all his "Art" was done from his heart - never sought recognition or compliments, he truly loved the things he did here. Perhaps that's why we "meshed" together well. Something I wouldn't say before, but I think is ok now - is that Andyson was deaf in one ear & struggled with this his entire life (I believe). I said "struggled", want to rephrase that HE CONQUERED this issue. Perhaps a "Charity" tournament with something going to "Deaf/Hearing Charities" would be nice? Just a thought....

My other thing......how cool would it be if everyone who played "had" to subscribe to his still online & staying that way YouTube channel...or just anyone as an act of rememberence and honor.

The link is here -- https://www.youtube.com/user/andysonsvideos
Need a google account only, takes 3m if you don't allready have one.
As of right now the WGT Andyson YouTube Channel has subscribers.....bet we can bust it over 100 in 2 days....(theres no videos to see - he made his all "unlisted" -- luckily, the WGT community bookmarked many and we can watch them still. Check Gary's "The Pinhunters Website".

Not sure whom to address these ideas to --- Wanted to share with all of course -- but whomever is handking the ropes here, please contact me about prize donation or whatever else I can do for you.

Sincerely, Yancy

[size=10]13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U12607191_20200308_154739.jpg?0.130.7521
Ceverett12
Cmon guys , lets do something ..    Lets start the sign up thread on the 1st ...
[/size]

[size=10]13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2273084_20200528_134820.jpg?0.130.7521[/size]

PaulTon
OK I'll start a sign up thread tomorrow, that gives me time to make a suitable banner picture type thingy...
days later...................

[size=10]13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2273084_20200528_134820.jpg?0.130.7521[/size]

PaulTon
here's what I'm thinking now -
1) The 1st and 2nd rounds, 2 x 3 day windows of play. Start at midnight on a Thursday, so people can play anytime over the two weekends when most folk aren't working.
Midnight WGT time, so the score history dates are in sync.
The first ranked round on the specified course in a players history between those dates will be their score recorded for the tournament.
2) Match play bracket rounds, these can drag on a bit ( time differences, work schedules etc.) so I think the bracket should be 16 players maximum.
I can put the names into challonge.com and generate a random bracket. Then I will post it in the comp thread and we can run it from there. No need for the 16 to sign up and register for challonge that way.
I think this should work OK. I've ran events in CC similar, this just involves putting two simple formats together for the event. We can get it done no problem.
Thoughts?
p.s. I forgot to say, using ranked rounds to play rounds 1&2 means that people can play solo or play in groups, making it more fun for many of us.

PaulTon
I'm really warming to this idea of randomness...
13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Dice-png-27

PaulTon
I vote randomness 

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 DhVfkDC

No worries Yancy . You did not imply that it was your video . I in turn did not give it much thought . Just that you presented it was enough to add it to YANCYCAAN FILM FESTIVAL . 

[size=10][size=10]13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U12607191_20200308_154739.jpg?0.130.7521[/size]
Ceverett12
[/size]

drmoose:
Mr. Paulton & Ceverett, have done an excellent job of putting this tribute together.

Paul Ton
I've added a trophy for the person(s) who wins (or ties winning score in) the strokeplay.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_STROKE

[size=10][size=10][size=10]13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U12607191_20200308_154739.jpg?0.130.7521[/size][/size][/size]

Ceverett12

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Good-luck-comment-009

Last edited by Paul on Mon 17 Aug 2020, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Empty ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 1 SCORES ETC ***

Post by Paul Sat 03 Dec 2016, 3:42 pm

PaulTon
As WGT would not get involved in this and won't elevate Andyson to honourary Tour Champion, we decided to have no pro-shop prizes. Why should they profit from this?
Dennis Anderson (andyson) and his family supported this charity . He died from heart failure and he had deafness in one ear , you could maybe donate to a relevant cause, in Denny's name? It's entirely up to the individual though .

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYr_D1

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_KICK_OFF

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U4315404_20200802_191349.jpg?0.130.7521

dandycap
 Good luck everyone.   Andyson will be watching from the garden spot.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U311684_20180623_112433.png?0.130.7521

mrcaddie

Paul, thank you so much for your time and effort putting this together. Time well spent for sure...thank you sir.

CEverett12

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1996506_20191227_194904.jpg?0.130.7521

YancyCan:
Forgot to click "18holes" - so made my own scorecard
Thanks to all who ran this - Well done tribute - Andy would laugh at my imagework!

Last edited by Paul on Mon 17 Aug 2020, 8:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Empty **ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 2 SCORES ETC**

Post by Paul Sat 03 Dec 2016, 9:17 pm

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 29vbhqr13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2273084_20200528_134820.jpg?0.130.7521

PaulTon

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS!!

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 23vlxjp

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 1z3bfhc

PLAY BEGINS AT MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY NIGHT (WGT CLOCK) THROUGH TO MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY NIGHT (20TH-23RD, OCT).
PLAY AN 18 HOLE STROKEPLAY RANKED ROUND AT BETHPAGE BLACK.
1ST SCORE BETWEEN THOSE DATES ON YOUR HISTORY WILL BE YOUR RECORDED SCORE FOR THE EVENT.
PLAY IN GROUPS OR SOLO.
REPORT ALL SCORES IN THIS THREAD.
HAVE FUN (MANDATORY) !

THE OVERALL LEADER (OR ALL TIED) OF THE STROKEPLAY  WILL WIN THIS -

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 2ikp1kzGOOD LUCK!!  

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1019772_20190609_145338.jpg?0.130.7521
 Ducati916:

Paul,
I had to have a proxy play my second round for me as I had a strained uterus. I asked the deceased former leader of North Korea to play for me...Kim Jong-Il. He got a couple of fortunate bounces and managed to get a respectable score for me.  My scorecard is below. Log me for an 18 please.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 2u7pybt
Hmmmmm I used a deceased man as my proxy and got half of a dead mans hand....Perhaps a job for Scully and Mulder.......  In truth, I would have used a 10 & 8...but, as YJ has played with me before, he would rightfully interpret that as shooting a 108.

Perhaps I have a new avatar?

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1019772_20190609_145338.jpg?0.130.7521
13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 23mmxxt
 Ducati916:

Paulton---you sir, are the epitome of the spirit of Denny, and the core group of people that make up these forums and this place. Of course we have our trolls, malcontents and MBaggese's, but, the heart of this place are the ones that consider this as an extended family...and we lost one of our family members in Andyson.  Kudos to you for your time and efforts to stage this event in his memory.  Gone...but clearly not forgotten.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U660625_20191226_163137.jpg?0.130.7521

overtheedge:
That is one beautiful trophy for sure. GL to everyone.
What a FANTASTIC turnout this has been. I have been in the WGT community for 7 years and NOT ONCE have a I seen such a large # of players get so involved with so much enthusiasm and respect as andyson's Memorial Tournament right here, right now. 
WOW!
I just have to say on behalf of andyson / my good friend Dennis. I am sure he is PROUD of everyone who has played in his honor and, as a tribute for all his hard work he contributed to these forums. 
But at the same time I cant help to think it is so SAD that WGT has not even acknowledged his tournament nor has had ANYONE DIRECTLY RELATED to WGT played or been a part of this tournament after allll he did for WGT's Forums. He made YOUR (WGT) forum come ALIVE with his creativity, hard work and valuable time and by the looks of it there is not even ONE person representing WGT "DIRECTLY" in this tournament.
I just had to bring this to light and again if I am wrong and there is a player directly representing WGT's home office, than I am sorry, but if not - absolutely no respect - just as I have mentioned before.

PaulTon:
Very well said.^^^

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYtc

alanti:
Really well said.
And a real special thanks to Paul and those who have helped him to make this event a reality, especially considering your own personal troubles. It speaks volumes about you Paul - I doff my cap!

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Phred911

phred952:
To overtheedge:
You and I disagreed recently very publically and I feel I do owe you an apology for my over reaction to your comments.  I hope you will accept this as that apology.  That said, I agree with everything you've stated above.
Andyson made this forum alive with his humor and creativity.  We lost someone very special that made  this site much more than just a game.
phred952

overtheedge:
Thank you phred52 and yes of course I accept your apology. 
ANOTHER positive example of the influence andyson had on alllll of us.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Phred911

phred952:
Andyson made this forum alive with his humor and creativity.  We lost someone very special that made  this site much more than just a game.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U3321885_20180430_065002.jpg?0.130.7521

bery111:
+1000000000000000000 overtheedge. Couldn't agree more!

bery had also made some nice long participant lists , too long for this thread 

PaulTon:

Thank you bery, you're now on the payroll, round 2 awaits..

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 WGT_AVATAR_MALE_a001_o047.jpg?0.130.7521
13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 WGT_AVATAR_MALE_a001_o047.jpg?0.130.7521

Lute345:
Gees bery, you must have had some time on your hands in order to compile that list!! Outstanding job man!!

drmoose:

Time is irrelevant to bery as he manifests his destiny on multiple planes of existence, hence, all his frequent flier miles.
Doc Smile

overtheedge:

I just had to bring this to light and again if I am wrong and there is a player directly representing WGT's home office, than I am sorry, but if not - absolutely no respect - just as I have mentioned before.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U5453491_20191126_100907.jpg?0.130.7521

pdb1 wrote
on 02 Oct 2016 at 6:21 PM

I really wasn't sure what kind of reply I would get . At least for me they will always reply with something . So I thought I would extend an invite for them to play . 

pdb1

Oct 1, 4:51 PM PDT

I don't know how many of you have accounts or if you would even admit it . But you should . And you should interact with all of us . And experience the real WGT . That is why I am taking it upon myself to personally invite you all to join and play in ***THE ANDYSON MEMORIAL - SIGN UP*** (http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/420845.aspx) discussion thread Andyson Community Tournament (http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/418330.aspx) . I know you won't . But I can tell you it would mean a lot . Please consider it anyway . 

Thank you 

Paul

This was their response 

Support (WGT)

Oct 2, 10:59 AM PDT

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the invite. A lot of us here at WGT do have accounts and actively play but due to some limitations there are a few game modes we are not able to play (mainly credit rounds) I will pass this info along to our team about the tournament. Smile

Best Regards,

WGT Member Services

It doesn't look like they showed to me either 

alanti:

I cant help to think it is so SAD that WGT has not even acknowledged his tournament

SlicedPepper

+1 
I know as sure as I'm sitting here, somewhere in the dark reaches of WGT, at least one person was laughing as hard as I was at Andyson's posts. 
They may have considered him a thorn in their sides but he did it with class, style and humor. Never any personal digs at them. 
Sometimes life gives you the opportunity to run across someone who is a cut above.
To bad WGT didn't see it..
Good luck to those moving on and thanks again to those invovled in making this happen. 
Very well done.

PaulTon:
Just had a thought,  to help make things a little easier for me and avoid any mistakes -
Could you please put your player number* in your score posts, thanks.
*from scoreboard on 1st post of this thread.
Paul.
gordonparker:
cheers gordon

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1148312_20200320_094208.jpg?0.130.7521

DJW2307:

Fantastic job from Paul and Rd 2 completed by me at BPB

Cheers

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2949751_20190127_134527.jpg?0.130.7521

Tamsach:

Thanks to all. RIP Andy.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1573716_20200704_054617.png?0.130.7521

guapa:

First of all thank's for organising the Tournament. You have done your friend proud.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U661402_20161028_121022.jpg?0.130.7521

garyk49:

you are doing enough already(and a damn right good job),

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U450822_20121109_112602.jpg?0.130.7521

BigKnight:

Thanks for hosting this....great idea....wish WGT was smooth enough to play multi-player without hiccups and discos....

Regardless, had fun taking part....

=bk=

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Onekea11

onekeano:

many thanks again to paul for running this fabulous memorial for Andyson, 

dave

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 2Q==

CEverett12:

Much respect for everyone who played and who helped in this memorial tournament ,   I'm sure Andyson would be proud ..

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U976792_20191022_103020.jpg?0.130.7521

stevietwotimes:

thx for all who have made this popular tornie for Andyson happen,well done gents.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U375399_20140304_204453.JPG?0.130.7521

ArgyleScott:

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Scantwo_001

PaulTon:

Loving the steampunk scorecard there Scotty!

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U375399_20140304_204453.JPG?0.130.7521

ArgyleScott:

Well, I did go to a steampunk Halloween party Saturday.

alanti:

LMAO

To be honest, I had visions on AS putting his lap top onto a photocopier to get that.

Andyson is sitting up there pissin himself......

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_LADYas

PaulTon:
Thanks man
I looked at again and it made me laugh, that's a good sign or a good smoke...
I'm impressed though, ArgyleScott clearly used some serious determination and creative thinking to get that card up! I cant work out the process.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U661402_20161028_121022.jpg?0.130.7521

garyk49:
But I think the printer is starting to run short on ink.  Thinking saved screenprint to puter, sent to printer, then copy/paste right to forum.  Hell it saved the hassle of an upload.  But still thinks needs new ink cartridge/drum.

PaulTon
EARTH SHATTERING NEWS!  

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSONTREK

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 WGT_AVATAR_MALE_a003_o038.jpg?0.130.7521

craigswan:

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 9784c4eea6a708f2b21933ba8681fdb0

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U3321885_20180430_065002.jpg?0.130.7521

bery111:

I would once again like to thank Paul for setting this whole shindig in motion...it's been an honour to be a part of it, and a great way of remembering Andyson. Smile

PS Sorry for writing a long winded post, I've been up since 3am - now overdosing on coffee.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2092648_20160826_152136.jpg?0.130.7521

LOLserver:

Long live Andy!!!!!

Eric

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2242766_20171216_163821.jpg?0.130.7521

frappefort:

Hello Paul      great tournament  ,,,,,,

Thanks all that participated  ,Andy  will never be replace he was very special   and was my friend  ,a friend to us all .         I will never forget him ..              Francois   

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1888948_20200804_083145.jpg?0.130.7521

TWOMINUSONE:

Thanks for organising this fine tribute in honour of Andyson. im sure he would be well chuffed folks.

pdb1

This is big . The impact and the vast positivity is quite historical 
  The wounds this has healed and the gaps it has bridged . The education and enlightement is immeasurable .
  Phenominal . 
  Most importantly . The message To ANDYSON is being sent in every way possible . And then some . 

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U4315404_20200818_040043.jpg?0.130.7521

dandycap:

A big thank you to those of you who helped put this tournament together.  just dandy

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U6012868_20130709_012704.jpg?0.130.7521

19cltc67:

thanks to everyone involved gl all still to play enjoy 

bill

PaulTon:

**SCORES UPDATED **

I may not be around much tomorrow, my attention will be in Glasgow, for the Scottish League Cup Semi-Final... 

COME ON YE 'TON!  

I was at Morton's last League Cup Semi-Final match....37 years ago!

Scenes!!

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2041739_20170913_154740.jpg?0.130.7521

ANDREAP:

once again i was lucky to get Rogg to play this funny tournemet ..man he tried 18 hole to overdrive me ..no way lol

thx Sir for the nice and fun round 

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 WGT_AVATAR_MALE_a003_o038.jpg?0.130.7521

RoggRR:

thanks for another nice and funny round, andrea .... it was nice shootin, no doubt ... i've been a little jumpy this time (my previous round at F9 was a bit different)

it was great time and great fun, i feel Andyson's soul around us , whole the time ... thanks to paul and to the others for this realy nice tournament

good luck at the next stage

have a fun

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U5677135_20180301_160558.JPG?0.130.7521

Jimbog1964:

Loads of fun and great to do so for this though

Huge thanks for putting this one together

WigerToods2010:

Thanks for hosting. Good luck to all still to play.

Word's spreading...

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U10591217_20190102_182535.png?0.130.7521
13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 16k0u41

julio1235:

#66 Julio1235 shot 63 despite a putt with wrong scale on putter that left me off the green on next shot and a bogey on the hole..  I think Dennis was shaking his head on that one!

Great tournament Paul and everyone else involved, will always miss checking to see what Dennis had been up to.

Will not play till score verified on my profile page. Thanks for Memeorial Tourney. 

mysry78:

I'm sure our friend Andyson would've gotten a kick out of the "jumping through hoops" that some of us went through this week!

Thanks again to Paul T and all involved in putting together this great event.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U4840477_20190309_082502.jpg?0.130.7521

6tee9:

Enjoyed participating with fellow WGT'ers in honor and remembrance of Andyson Smile

Smile when he is in our thoughts!  

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U8267004_20131107_051848.jpg?0.130.7521

VEM9000:

It was an honor to have participated in this Memorial Tournament to our friend. Best of luck to those who move on, and, my thanks to those who made this possible.

Vem Smile

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U6659649_20200412_110241.jpg?0.130.7521

PAULFINN52:

thx for letting me take part

finny

kymanpayne:

Was an enjoyable time to play this event. Much thanks to the organizers !!

Great fun Paul...made even more enjoyable being able to be played with friends. (...and made even better by finally getting into double digits with my 10th HO1 with them both watching...)

Thanks again for putting this on.

Wayne (BillyMayfair

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U6306743_20200612_093249.jpg?0.130.7521

Essisdaddy:

Was an honour to take part. Thank you for setting this up.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Amateu12

amateur4sure:

A Toast to Andyson.... A special person who caught the sight and hearts of many on WGT and more than likely everywhere he went...

Thanks so much for doing this Paul...!!!

Last edited by Paul on Thu 08 Dec 2022, 12:01 pm; edited 5 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Empty **ANDYSON MEMORIAL - ROUND 2 SCORES ETC** PART 2

Post by Paul Sat 03 Dec 2016, 11:12 pm

WOW . When I started this round 2 thread . I intended to capture everyones gratitude . I had no idea what I was about to attempt . After getting almost this far 4 times and clicking post and having the entire round 2 thread disappear ( a couple of different reasons for this ) . I started a 5th attempt . I have gotten this far . So as not to endanger losing anything prior to this . PART 2 is necessary . I guess I am going to try and catch every well wish i see . For Paul's sake . If needed these will be an easy reference , quicker than the original posts.

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Empty ***Andyson Memorial 2016 - Final Result and de-brief.***

Post by Paul Mon 12 Dec 2016, 8:25 pm

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2273084_20200528_134820.jpg?0.130.7521
    PaulTon
    10,730 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:03 AM
    Well, it's over! It has been my honour and pleasure to organise and host this event.
    I think the discussion thread led us to a very successful format which despite a few hiccups, was fairly easy to run...
    But only because I had a lot of people helping  along the way. So from me, a huge personal thank you to these guys - 
                            WigerToods, C.Everett, ScottHope, Bery111, Twominusone.
    I'm sure I've missed a few names that helped me a lot (sorry, old stoner brain!) and some other people helped by posting on my wall and messaging me to keep me on track, all of you have my sincere thanks.

Sounds like we got the final that this tournament deserved, great play from both guys. Dave (onekeano) has been outstanding, joint winner (with Adeypa) of the strokeplay event and then making the MP final only to lose on extra holes. Huge congratulions to him.
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_STROKEWIN1
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_STROKEWIN2
    Getting to the final and then beating Dave shows how good a player Jure (mkrizan86) really is. Very, very well played Jure. For the next year you are officially the man!

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_CHAMP
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDMEM_1_ST_WINNER 
          p.s. Bery is holding the last final, final match of this whole lollapalooza...

THE HINGE AND BRACKET FINAL, FINAL

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U311684_20180623_112433.png?0.130.7521  mrcaddie
    2,425 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 10:47 AM
    Paul,
    Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you put in to make this event happen. It was incredible. I've put together similar events on WGT and I know how much of a toll it can take on your personal life and I applaud your effort.
    Through your efforts I was able to make not only a new virtual friend but a new friend IRL with Mystry78, who I had the pleasure of playing with. As stated in another thread, he doesn't live that far from me and I hope come next Spring we'll be able to play some real golf with each other. That would never have happened without you putting this event together, so I thank you for that.
    To those who helped Paul pull this off...I thank you as well.
    R.I.P. Andyson
    MC
    Edit- Congrats to Jure, well played.

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U3479569_20190123_222549.JPG?0.130.7521
    alosso
    19,845 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 12:13 PM
    You are AWESOME, all of you!
    These events surely were a superior memorial party for the beloved Andyson.
    Well done!!

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Phred911

phred952
    2,708 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 9:05 PM
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Icon-quote alosso:
    You are AWESOME, all of you!
    These events surely were a superior memorial party for the beloved Andyson.
    Well done!!
    +1000.  I can' think of anything else to include with what alosso said above, except that I'm proud to have participated in this wonderful tribute to our friend.  Thank you everyone for your hard work to make this come off. 

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U4859904_20170614_143938.png?0.130.7521
    ScottHope
    6,752 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 1:13 AM
    A fabulous effort by all concerned. It takes a lot of work to put together something like this so a huge thank you to Paul & Co. Well done!  ; )

•  
    thegoosebag
    2,238 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 5:46 AM
    thanks to paul and all who helped him out,great tourney in memory of a lovely man
    congrats to jure on a great win (i know how hard it is to beat dave,unlucky m8) and well done to all who participated in both comps
    cheers     mark.

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U12607191_20200308_154739.jpg?0.130.7521
    CEverett12
    13,596 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 5:55 AM
    Well done Guys !  You all came together and put on a great tournament , Andyson would be proud !  Congratulations to the winners , Thank you Paul and Co.  And everyone who participated .... 

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2788032_20170514_124123.PNG?0.130.7521
    drmoose
    3,443 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 6:27 AM
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 806e825a-54de-4220-89ae-8d6bc15977b6_zps9fhndiov
    Well done to all who participated. Kudos to Paul & Bery for their commitment, and congrats to the winners.
    Doc Smile

PaulTon
    10,730 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 7:18 AM
    Thank you all for the kind comments, the best thing about all of this is the spirit in which we all came together and made this fun event a fitting tribute to Dennis.
    For everyone involved -

Oh yeah, I forgot to thank Doc Moose for giving me ideas to inspire the in thread graphics.

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1717438_20190819_005903.jpg?0.130.7521  alanti
    10,538 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 6:04 PM
    Awesome job to everyone involved in putting these tribute tournaments together.
    Through all your hard work and efforts, this turned into something special which is apt for such a tremendous contributor to the community.
    A special thanks to all the players and community for getting behind this, I made new friends, reacquainted with old ones.......and we reminisced about the great times Dennis bestowed upon us.
    I certainly felt proud to be a member of this community once again, and that is what makes it such a good place - the people who actually make this game great.
    It took a community effort to honour Dennis and everyone should feel proud. I am sure Dennis looked down and was humbled.
    Congratulations to all the official winners, but in my book, every player who participated is a winner.
    Three cheers for everyone!

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U3321885_20180430_065002.jpg?0.130.7521
    bery111
    3,858 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 2:20 AM
    Well done to everyone involved! Fantastically run, fantastically played and a fantastic memory for Dennis! I agree totally with what Alanti has said above. Smile
    As Paul eluded above...it's not over until the fat guy in the pink tutu sings (and I'm not sure if that's a good idea lol)....
    So, over to Jure (mkrizan86) and BigKnight for the Final Final. This one's for fun, for you two guys to enjoy a final sand slinging contest in a search of extra-terrestrial life on St Andrews. Dennis has sent me a small request from t'other side as to the conditions:
    18 hole Matchplay at St Andrews (setup as a practice match or go off your own tees if you're brave enough)
    Front tees
    Champ greens
    Starter irons, 3wd,  hybrid, wedges, putter and balls. You may use your own equipped driver.
    Play as and when you are both able to arrange the match - we'll look forward to a match report here and a stream/recording of the match if either of you are able to.
    Once again, thanks to all those that made this Memorial something special. Now we can look forward to next year's Andyson Memorial event.

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U450822_20121109_112602.jpg?0.130.7521
    BigKnight
    2,706 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2016 12:34 PM
    Congrats to Jure for winning this! Looking forward to our Final Final. Conditions look to be fun...hopefully we can iron out a time over the next week or so Smile

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U9005908_20171209_162506.jpg?0.130.7521
    shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Wed, Dec 7 2016 12:59 PM
    well done you guys, and hats off to Bery111.

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U4598597_20180317_040009.png?0.130.7521
    mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 3:30 PM
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Icon-quote bery111:
    18 hole Matchplay at St Andrews (setup as a practice match or go off your own tees if you're brave enough)
    Front tees
    Champ greens
    Starter irons, 3wd,  hybrid, wedges, putter and balls. You may use your own equipped driver.
    I saw this the day you posted it. I'm still clenched over the prospect of using the starter putter, but it should be fun ;-) Already sent my time table to BK (congrats on the win), we should get together soon enough. A huge thank you again to you, Paul and everyone else who helped in creating and running this fantastic event.

PaulTon
    10,730 Posts
    Thu, Dec 8 2016 7:16 PM
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_american_hero

bery111
    3,858 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:28 AM
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Icon-quote mkrizan86:
    I saw this the day you posted it. I'm still clenched over the prospect of using the starter putter, but it should be fun ;-) Already sent my time table to BK (congrats on the win), we should get together soon enough. A huge thank you again to you, Paul and everyone else who helped in creating and running this fantastic event.
    This may or may not help "confuse" your opponent:

Not sure how long the putter will take to dry after a spray, so use at your discretion! :D

bery111
    3,858 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:30 AM
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Icon-quote PaulTon:
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_american_hero
    TY Paul - fantastic trophy once again. Good thing I'm not "in it to win it" - most people say I've got several screws loose and no one wants to be picking up those brackets after I've been at them! lol

mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 1:54 PM
    Starting in a few minutes, sadly no twitch.

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U450822_20121109_112602.jpg?0.130.7521
    BigKnight
    2,706 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 3:25 PM
    The Final of all Finals is over. Twas a great time had by Jure and I as we toasted one last time to a great friend and WGT player...conditions were so much fun....starter balls on champ greens with a starter putter? lol.....
    We traded the lead on the front at ST A. and came to the turn AS...Jure did a much better job than I of figuring out the putter, and was solid on the back nine. He won 4up.
    Was a pleasure to make another new friend, and I enjoyed our chat along the way.
    Cheers!
    =bk=

mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 3:30 PM
    Let me start by saying another thank you to all who organised this event as a tribute to our dear friend Dennis, who brought both wisdom and joy to this place. I've had the pleasure of meeting a lot of great new people and will hopefully have the pleasure of playing with them again in the future.
    As far as the match, Geof was a wonderful playing companion. We both had to adjust to the different sticks, in my case, especially the putter. Tough for us off dingers to guess the correct spot on the meter, let alone clicking it in time ;-) But after a couple of holes, it was as if muscle memory from Corwyn's UEL starter comps and Ryder cups kicked in and started holing most putts within 15 feet. Lucky night for me, a little less fortunate for Geof. He started well and got 1 up on the 3rd hole, but then burnt the cup edge too many times. I won #5 (25 footer for eagle) and #6, we split the next 2 and were tied after 9, which he birdied and I didn't. But then came the back 9, where I won the 1st 4 holes, we tied #14 and #15 and the match was over  with a score of 4&3.
    We managed to find some rough, enjoyed the fescue on #13 and all in all had a fun outing. It was a privilege and a treat to have the opportunity of playing along one of the greats of this game, both in golfing and in human terms.

PaulTon
    10,730 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 5:02 PM
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_american_hero_JURE

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1045725_20180116_202718.jpg?0.130.7521
    gsoup
    2,928 Posts
    Fri, Dec 9 2016 5:11 PM
    very well done to all

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U9437073_20200221_122807.jpg?0.130.7521
    bubbsboy
    6,870 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 3:31 AM
    Fantastic work from Paul and his hard working colleagues.
    Well done winners and runners ups.
    Well done to all who played and all who contributed to the various threads.
    WGT should be proud that members of their game have came together like this, in what is a world wide online bit of fun. Not many here know each other in "real life" but have came together to honour a man who sadly passed away. 
    Will any other online community pull together in that way.....I presume not.
    For once and for all WGT either comment or contact Paul by pm......it would ease some ill feeling, of that I promise.
    RIP Dennis 

bery111
    3,858 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 4:38 AM
    Well done Jure and Geof! Looks like you had a fun time with the starters! Thanks to everyone who came together for the Andyson Memorial. I leave you now with my saying for 2016: "If they won't, WE WILL" - I think it's self explanatory who the they are. Wink
    bery (looking forward to a year's worth of VEM after making that statement!)

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U5453491_20191126_100907.jpg?0.130.7521
    pdb1
    20,506 Posts
    Mon, Dec 12 2016 8:25 PM
      I have completed my "Memorials to the Memorial" . They come in 3 parts .
      1) THE ANDYSON CAMPAIGN ( a colorful look at the 1st Memorial Tournament )THE FULL TOURNAMENT ART
      A look at the artwork submitted throughout the entire tournament
      2) ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***
      An attempt to capture some highlights and comments during the event . To also honor PaulTon and crew in an easy scrolling wrap up of all the phases of the tournament . ( very long ) .
      3)  TO ART OR NOT TO ART : ASK ANDYSON
      My personal collection of ANDYSON artwork . I have gathered over the years . With over 40 entries . 
      Please enjoy . 

bery111
    3,858 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 7:52 AM
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Icon-quote pdb1:
      1) THE ANDYSON CAMPAIGN ( a colorful look at the 1st Memorial Tournament )THE FULL TOURNAMENT ART
      An attempt to capture some highlights and comments during the event . To also honor PaulTon and crew in an easy scrolling wrap up of all the phases of the tournament . ( very long ) .
      My personal collection of ANDYSON artwork . I have gathered over the years . With over 40 entries . 
      Please enjoy . 
    Fantastic tribute to a fantastic man. Smile

PaulTon
    10,730 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 8:43 AM
    Thank's Paul, nice work man.
    A very cool reminder of the event (and the man himself).

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1717438_20190819_005903.jpg?0.130.7521  alanti
    10,538 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 11:16 AM
    Top stuff Paul, great tribute via your web site.

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U2788032_20170514_124123.PNG?0.130.7521
    drmoose
    3,443 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 1:35 PM
    Paul,
    I must say that for people who were often at odds, you have put together a truly fine tribute to our departed friend. Thank you for this.
    Doc Smile

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U723525_20200810_092206.jpg?0.130.7521
    Beryman
    8,793 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 3:23 PM
    great stuff Paul !
    an amazing amount of work put into that...well done

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U304032_20200216_070644.jpg?0.130.7521
    opyeuclid
    6,282 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 4:37 PM
    And this my Friends is what and why we have each other . The community of WGT land .

The game might glitch and some will Btch but others will look for fun , Andyson was one of few that enjoyed the other side of this game .
      It was a pleasure to see how this Family stood up together for what was right .

Dear Santa ,  
    I ask for not my self of this season of joy .  But that we all reflect on all the good things that this game put a smile on your face . 
    OPY 

pdb1
    20,506 Posts
    Tue, Dec 13 2016 5:29 PM
    Thank's Paul, nice work man.
    A very cool reminder of the event (and the man himself).
      Thank you Paul . From the start . Watching you take the reins . Being in the tournament . I knew I had to contribute as well . It was because of 
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Icon-quote drmoose:
    Paul,
    I must say that for people who were often at odds, you have put together a truly fine tribute to our departed friend. Thank you for this.
    Doc Smile

That I gained the respect that I have for Andyson and all of you as well . Truly an epic experience . 
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Icon-quote pdb1:
      Please enjoy . 

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U311684_20180623_112433.png?0.130.7521  mrcaddie
    2,425 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 8:42 AM
    PaulTon,
    Just a quick, belated update...as stated previously, the player I got teamed up with in the matchplay section of your tournament doesn't live too far from me and I finally got to meet my nemesis, who so solidly handed me my hat in your Andyson Memorial Tournament, in real life.
    It is still a little too cold to play outside here in New England, but we managed to play a round at an indoor golf simulator facility two days ago and we had a blast.
    Thanks to you Paul, I now have a new indoor, outdoor and virtual golfing partner.
    Thanks!
    13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 2017-02-06_1037
    From L-R...mystry78, eingmund & mrcaddie
    MC

pdb1
    20,506 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 9:16 AM
      Wow . Wayne . How cool is that ? 
      Yes a GR8 example of the goodwill and humanity and an endless list of positive ramifications and future good things . 
      That has and will result from PaulTon's efforts from his magnificent Memorial Annual Event . 
      Right On , Cheers and Kudo's . 

I'm still playing with friends I made during that event . Some new . Some long overdue . 

PaulTon
    10,730 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 11:21 AM
    How cool is that!? 
    That has genuinly made my day, thank's for sharing the news.

•  
    craigswan
    17,100 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 12:02 PM
    Great stuff guys .

10,538 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 2:39 PM
    How cool is that!? 
    That has genuinly made my day, thank's for sharing the news.
    Mine too.....an awesome outcome. Kudos again to Paul and everyone who helped make this the BEST WGT event and it did bring the community together.
    To Dennis....raises glass (well coffee cup////

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U9437073_20200221_122807.jpg?0.130.7521
    bubbsboy
    6,870 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 3:30 PM
    Fantastic that news. 
    Must be great meeting friends from here in real life
    Chuffed for you

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U304032_20200216_070644.jpg?0.130.7521
    opyeuclid
    6,282 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 3:57 PM
    Thats just way to cool , 
    OPY

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U539033_20141231_194810.jpg?0.130.7521
    mystry78
    798 Posts
    Mon, Feb 6 2017 3:58 PM
    It was an absolute pleasure and a blast to meet Mr Caddie and Eingmund and play some sim golf. And this time I had my hat handed to me by both of them:)
    I look forward to playing some real golf with these fine gentlemen this spring when the weather warms up around here.
    Thanks again to Paul Ton for organizing this great event for our friend Andyson.
    Frank

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Andyso1013 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Andyso11

Getting to the final and then beating Dave shows how good a player Jure (mkrizan86) really is. Very, very well played Jure. For the next year you are officially the man!
  • 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Andmem11

• 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_CHAMP

THE HINGE AND BRACKET FINAL, FINAL

Last edited by Paul on Thu 08 Dec 2022, 12:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Empty Re: ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016

Post by Paul Tue 18 Aug 2020, 11:38 am

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Z

bery111
2,170 PostsMon, Dec 5 2016 3:20

Well done to everyone involved! Fantastically run, fantastically played and a fantastic memory for Dennis! I agree totally with what Alanti has said above. 13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Icon_smile
As Paul eluded above...it's not over until the fat guy in the pink tutu sings (and I'm not sure if that's a good idea lol)....
So, over to Jure (mkrizan86) and BigKnight for the Final Final. This one's for fun, for you two guys to enjoy a final sand slinging contest in a search of extra-terrestrial life on St Andrews. Dennis has sent me a small request from t'other side as to the conditions:
Front tees
Champ greens
Play as and when you are both able to arrange the match - we'll look forward to a match report here and a stream/recording of the match if either of you are able to.
Once again, thanks to all those that made this Memorial something special. Now we can look forward to next year's Andyson Memorial event.

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 9k=

BigKnight
2,085 Posts

Congrats to Jure for winning this! Looking forward to our Final Final. Conditions look to be fun...hopefully we can iron out a time over the next week or so

shovlovin
1,552 Posts Wed, Dec 7

shovlovin
1,552 Posts
well done you guys, and hats off to Bery111.

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Icon-quote bery111:

Front tees
   Champ greens
   Starter irons, 3wd,  hybrid, wedges, putter and balls. You may use your own equipped driver.

PaulTon
   9,611 Posts Thu, Dec 8 2016 8:16 PM

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_american_hero

bery111
       2,170 Posts Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:28 AM

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Icon-quote mkrizan86:

This may or may not help "confuse" your opponent:
       ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Gold_spray_paint_5
13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Gold_s10

Not sure how long the putter will take to dry after a spray, so use at your discretion! Very Happy

bery111
           2,170 Posts Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:30 AM

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 Icon-quote PaulTon:

***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_american_hero

TY Paul - fantastic trophy once again. Good thing I'm not "in it to win it" - most people say I've got several screws loose and no one wants to be picking up those brackets after I've been at them! lol

mkrizan86
           1,446 Posts Fri, Dec 9 2016 2:54 PM

Starting in a few minutes, sadly no twitch.

BigKnight
           2,085 Posts Fri, Dec 9 2016 4:25 PM

The Final of all Finals is over. Twas a great time had by Jure and I as we toasted one last time to a great friend and WGT player...conditions were so much fun....starter balls on champ greens with a starter putter? lol.....
           We traded the lead on the front at ST A. and came to the turn AS...Jure did a much better job than I of figuring out the putter, and was solid on the back nine. He won 4up.
           Was a pleasure to make another new friend, and I enjoyed our chat along the way.
           Cheers!
           =bk=

mkrizan86
           1,446 Posts Fri, Dec 9 2016 4:30 PM

Let me start by saying another thank you to all who organised this event as a tribute to our dear friend Dennis, who brought both wisdom and joy to this place. I've had the pleasure of meeting a lot of great new people and will hopefully have the pleasure of playing with them again in the future.
           As far as the match, Geof was a wonderful playing companion. We both had to adjust to the different sticks, in my case, especially the putter. Tough for us off dingers to guess the correct spot on the meter, let alone clicking it in time ;-) But after a couple of holes, it was as if muscle memory from Corwyn's UEL starter comps and Ryder cups kicked in and started holing most putts within 15 feet. Lucky night for me, a little less fortunate for Geof. He started well and got 1 up on the 3rd hole, but then burnt the cup edge too many times. I won #5 (25 footer for eagle) and #6, we split the next 2 and were tied after 9, which he birdied and I didn't. But then came the back 9, where I won the 1st 4 holes, we tied #14 and #15 and the match was over  with a score of 4&3.
           We managed to find some rough, enjoyed the fescue on #13 and all in all had a fun outing. It was a privilege and a treat to have the opportunity of playing along one of the greats of this game, both in golfing and in human terms.

PaulTon
           9,611 Posts Fri, Dec 9 2016 6:02 PM
           ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 ANDYSON_american_hero_JURE

13 - ***ANDYSON MEMORIAL***2016 U1045725_20180116_202718.jpg?0.130.7521

gsoup
               2,755 Posts Fri, Dec 9 2016 6:11 PM

very well done to all

bubbsboy
               5,513 Posts Sat, Dec 10 2016 4:31 AM

Fantastic work from Paul and his hard working colleagues.
               Well done winners and runners ups.
               Well done to all who played and all who contributed to the various threads.
               WGT should be proud that members of their game have came together like this, in what is a world wide online bit of fun. Not many here know each other in "real life" but have came together to honour a man who sadly passed away.
               Will any other online community pull together in that way.....I presume not.
               For once and for all WGT either comment or contact Paul by pm......it would ease some ill feeling, of that I promise.
               RIP Dennis

bery111
               2,170 Posts Mon, Dec 12 2016 5:38 AM

Well done Jure and Geof! Looks like you had a fun time with the starters! Thanks to everyone who came together for the Andyson Memorial. I leave you now with my saying for 2016: "If they won't, WE WILL" - I think it's self explanatory who the theyare. Wink
               bery (looking forward to a year's worth of VEM after making that statement!)

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down