Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43669 messages in 6438 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

WHY ARE UNLIMITED PLAY CC TOURNEYS SO BENEFICIAL

Go down

WHY ARE UNLIMITED PLAY CC TOURNEYS SO BENEFICIAL Empty WHY ARE UNLIMITED PLAY CC TOURNEYS SO BENEFICIAL

Post by Paul Fri 17 Feb 2017, 10:50 pm

• WHY ARE UNLIMITED PLAY CC TOURNEYS SO BENEFICIAL Pdb143
    pdb1
    13,695 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 5:11 PM

As far as playing to lower your average and move up in tier . The CC unlimited play single player round is by far the best format . 

The unlimited play format means . That one can play a round over and over . One can finish that round , which will make it count . Both on your average and in game completion . Then if you don't like the score you can play it again . 

But the proper way to utilize the unlimited play format to your advantage . Is to end the round before the 9th or the 18th hole . You do this by either just ending the round and replaying it at another time . Or the proper way is to click the menu and click " restart " . That is only available in these unlimited play rounds . Whether you just end the round before it is over or click " restart " . It will not effect your game completion percentage . You can do this as many times as you want . Before the end of the round . The only round that counts is the one you finish . 

So technically and hypothetically you could play until you got a score lower than your average . Finish the round that is lower than your average . ( this is if you are not saturated . ) Then your average will only go down .
       If you are saturated in your tier . None of this matters . Because any score above your average is thrown out , will not count in any format . 

So anyway what this means is that you are already playing a custom made CC tourney . Custom made to your liking by our very good tourney makers . If you do not find formats and features that you like . Ask them to make them , or make it yourself . 

So the various custom features make the tournament much more fun than just default settings . So the custom features and the unlimited play " restart " feature . Allow you to play more times . Helping you to learn the course better enabling you to hone your skills .

You may not be able to beat your average . But you can play a few times until you get a reasonable score that you can live with . Complete the round . Then go play another course a few times until you get a score you like on that one . 

Remember . If you play a course 23 times . And on each time you restarted before the end of the 9th or the 18th holes . Those rounds do not count at all . Even if you never finish the round . None of them will count . 

If you have a good score on your 24th try and you finish that round . It will count . The only one that will count . 
      This is the best way to prepare oneself for the tougher features of play in the WGT tourneys . And the very tough multi player stroke play rounds with players of your tiers from all over WGT . Where you want to perform well . You don't get to restart in those . They count in every way .

• JimQ916
    4,418 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 6:23 AM

Hi all....I've been trying to have a mix of tournaments that should fancy everyone. I've been moving around tees and setting up tiered tournaments with the lower tiers (H - M) playing to there default or easier (Front Tee;s) and using VF green speeds instead of tournament. WGT has yet to institute a "default green" option, and I don't see that happening anywhere in the near future. The upper Tiers tournaments I've been moving the tees around and set up the green speeds as Tournament (with a championship thrown there every so often). There are a lot of courses that a lot of members enter, but some that aren't drawing much interest at all. I try to shy away from those, but in order to be able to give you a variety, I use them sparingly but try to make them with an easier set ups. If anyone has any ideas about a set up you'd like to see, or if you want to set up a tournament yourself, just please let me know before doing it so I can keep track. Thanks for being such great members....VOTSCC rules...Jim

• pdb1
    13,695 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 6:02 PM

Yes . You have got it down now Jim . For me anyway . If anyone else would like a certain course or setting . Jim will be happy to make it for you .

Thanx Jim 

• kishoph
    740 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 4:58 AM

Those that have been setting up the tournaments have been doing a great job, there is such a range to choose from and it's almost always easy to find a tourney that I have not entered yet.
    If I had any request they would be for maybe at least 1 single play and maybe a tourney or two with a shorter time range, such as maybe a 2 round 5 day max tourney (1st round 2 days, 2nd round 3 days). I know I can start a tourney, but I sort of feel out of place or stepping on toes when I do so, even though I know that's not the case.
    Anywho I want to thank those that do set up the tourneys.
    Gene 

pdb1
    13,695 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:16 AM

kishoph:
    If I had any request they would be for maybe at least 1 single play and maybe a tourney or two with a shorter time range, such as maybe a 2 round 5 day max tourney (1st round 2 days, 2nd round 3 days). I know I can start a tourney, but I sort of feel out of place or stepping on toes when I do so, even though I know that's not the case.

Yes Gene . Any format that you or anyone likes or thinks should be in the rotation . Should be available . 
      Jim is also interested and would like to discuss the details with you . Anything you guys work out is GR8 . 
      BTW . Please step on our toes . They are your toes too . Plus Jim would probably like the abuse too much . Lol .
      whatever the hell that meant ?

pdb1
    13,695 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 2:57 PM

ON THE OTHER HAND . IF YOU ARE TIRED OF BEING STUCK IN THE MIDDLE LEVELS .
      This is as good a place as any to repost this information . 
      My article 9 SHADES OF GREY . Explains all of the ways one can spin their wheels while having fun . Meaning formats that do not lower your average and do not count for anything . 
      There is one very big exception . 
      Match play rounds played and won against a player of a higher tier . WGT gives a super huge giant bonus points award for match play matches won by a lower tier . You can actually drop your average 2 or 3 points in 1 round by beating a player of an upper tier in a scored match play round . ( this would normally take 50 to 100 rounds to drop your average in stroke play ) . This feature is one way myself and many others came up in WGT . 
      In the " FIND A GAME " or the " CREATE A GAME " features you will find many upper tier players that will play you . It is hard and tough . You will have to play at their green speeds . You will make many friends with lots of experience and good tips . They will even let you win sometimes . They will sometimes gift you clubs or balls if you have good matches and they see you are fun and serious . This is no bullshyt . You will find upper tier players with 10,000 to 15,000 match play rounds . They just like to play . 
      It is a very viable way to tier up . Especially if you are not new . And you are a man . The wins , gifts and the gimmes will not come easy . But they will come 
      I have written about this many times before . After this mornings match with Charlie " fairyqueen "  You all remember her . Still a very good friend of mine . And one that I am confident will return to VOTSCC someday . Who not surprisingly was conned into starting their own CC by the infamous harryskunk in his never ending search to build the ultimate CC . POND JUMPERS ELITE . A name I came up with by the way . They loved it . Needless to say and totally expected harry left without a word after 2 weeks . 
      After I showed Char the match play bonus . She ran with it . 

• fairyqueen moved up to the Legend tier..
    • Yesterday . A little early I would say . As she has quite awhile at level 41 before she will be able to get high level equipment . 

But she is very good . When I met her in October she was an amateur .
      She soon joined . And left . But we play about once a week . 
      Anyway she has been taking advantage of that match play bonus . 
      Much easier for a female . 
      But still a very good way for anyone . Especially if you have been playing your ass off and seemingly getting nowhere for a long time .
      This is a very valuable tip . Many of you could use it to your advantage . It doesn't happen overnight . But it is much faster . 

BTW this bonus feature is only available through the Tour Master level . All levels Tour Master and below can get that bonus playing a tier or 2 or 3 or 4 above their own . The higher the tier above your own that you can defeat , the higher the bonus point average drop . 
      At the level Legend this bonus stops . 

pdb1
    13,695 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2017 2:02 AM

BUMP 

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul