Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44248 messages in 6532 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread)

Go down

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Empty TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread)

Post by Paul Sun 01 Nov 2020, 12:35 am

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) U5453491_20200902_182128.jpg?0.133.7605TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) USA.gif?0.133.7605
pdb1
20,789 Posts
Sun, Oct 25 2020 8:08 AM
  That is the question .
  For hundreds of thousands of WGTers and potential Forum participants . The only answer would be NO .
  The actual number of Forum participants is an extremely low number below 1% .
  The highest explanation for that is the fear of the trolls . That started long before my arrival in 2012 . The fear that they would be instantly degraded , insulted and discredited .
  That may or may not be true . In fact likely not . But the fear is/was there .
  This has been stated in the Forums countless times . I have had multiplayer games where most of the players expressed exactly those sentiments . Messages on my wall encouraging me to continue standing up to them .
  Anonymous consensus from my CC that none of them would ever participate in the main Forums . Some have though .
  Numerous PM's . Not wanting their comments known publicly . Stating they just would never take the chance .
  Of course there are other reasons . The many ownerless CC's filled with uninformed , unguided , clueless members with GR8 potential . May not even know the Forums exist .
  Some regular players and veterans may not know the Forums exist .
  There are some that just don't like Forums and have no need for them .
  And a huge amount of foreigners with a big language barrier .
  Nonetheless there are new posters . Not many . But they come .
  I thought it might be a good idea to find a way to encourage more participation . I thought if I awarded their 1st post . Letting them know it was a good post . Welcoming them to the Forums . Making them a 1st poster trophy . Not only might it help them feel good about the post . They would also have a cool trophy . Probably the only one they would receive while at WGT .
  By the responses I received . And no signs of trolling to those 1st posters . And repeat visits to the Forums from the recipients . I believe that my efforts have worked .
  I may see a 1st poster that made their 1st post in their 6th , 8th , 10th year here . For whatever reasons . They would get a trophy too . But I may slip in a little remark like . " It only took you 10 years to respond here . But you did . " Meant to be harmless .
  Overall I think my efforts have only helped . I do not look for them . If there is one on a page of a thread I am reading or responding to . The get a 1st poster trophy .
  That has added up to a good many trophy's . Here they are .
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) 1pa10
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) 1pb10
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) 1pc10
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) 1pd10
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) 1pe10
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) 1pf10
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) 1pca10
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) 1pcb10
  All of these projects have been enjoyable to me . But I am done with lists and trophy's and pretty much everything else here .
  Paul

Last edited by Paul on Sat 16 Oct 2021, 8:14 am; edited 5 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Empty Re: TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread)

Post by Paul Sun 01 Nov 2020, 1:00 am

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) U819675_20190706_015101.jpg?0.133.7605TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) USA.gif?0.133.7605
borntobesting
8,839 Posts
Sun, Oct 25 2020 9:35 AM
Paul I would say that more than any thing else a lot of players don't even know that the forums exist. When I joined I checked out everything on the site. Many only play and don't check out the other pages on the site and don't know about the forums. I don't remember how many players I told about the forums when i was playing with them, I would tell them something and they would ask "How did you know that"? I would say someone told me in the forums and they would say :What forums"? And I would tell them how to get to the forums. I feel WGT should send every new player an e-mail telling them about the forums and how to get there, 
I believe if WGT did that there would be a lot more participation in the forums.

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) U5453491_20200902_182128.jpg?0.133.7605TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) USA.gif?0.133.7605
pdb1
20,789 Posts
Sun, Oct 25 2020 9:57 AM
  I have to agree with you BTB . As I mentioned above . And the fact that I directed many dozens of players to the Forums myself .
  I don't have any idea what the numbers are for any of that . But it still remains that a GR8 many " in the know " players have been reluctant to post in the Forums . Simply by viewing some horrific confrontations . I am also sure that many have been able to avoid those confrontations . Have no concern for them at all .
  But somehow I found them or they found me . I know many others that were aware of that particular obstacle .
  It is a little late for woulda , coulda , and shoulda's for WGT . It is what it is .
  I do wish them every success in the future . I learned a hellaton of information in these Forums . And even enjoyed every battle I had and lost . Not too high of a win % there . Lol .

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) U6314050_20200911_133744.jpg?0.133.7605TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) FRA.gif?0.133.7605
bossbird
735 Posts
Sun, Oct 25 2020 10:28 PM
Mobile players particularly have no idea these forums exist , there is nothing for mobile users to guide them here. I would prefer to see a message put in the inbox , as loads of players don’t even link their email address to their WGT account. It would be a good change in my opinion , if WGT made it a condition to link email address , might also cut down the number of restarters in the game.

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) U1544357_20201101_032940.jpg?0.133.7605TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) GBR.gif?0.133.7605
craigswan
17,807 Posts
Mon, Oct 26 2020 3:30 PM
I don't see that much serious trolling on here .
A bit of teasing here and there but if you cannot take it don't give it .
Check out some other sites and twitter for real bad trolling .
I think wgt moderator's are sharp on stamping it out .
We have all been in the naughty seat .
Sometimes moderator's are a bit to strict . But their reasoning is that their are children playing .
I think the old timer's on here know their friends and their enemies and leave well alone when they have too .
Shame - but some people are different to other's everywhere .
I'm not perfect but who is .

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) U16278873_20200718_185537.jpg?0.133.7605TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) CAN.gif?0.133.7605
SimonTheBeetle
1,397 Posts
Mon, Oct 26 2020 6:17 PM
Geez... someone needs to work on his orthography here. It was painful to read.

Paul, just do what you believe is right to do. There always will be people who appreciate and who don't. Focus on the good ones. Cheers.

pdb1
20,789 Posts
Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:00 PM
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Icon-quote SimonTheBeetle:
Paul, just do what you believe is right to do. There always will be people who appreciate and who don't. Focus on the good ones. Cheers.
  Too late Simon . I already erupted a response to craig .
  But . Orthography ? In this Forum ?
  Here is the reply the mods would not post .
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Icon-quote craigswan:

We have all been on the naughty step .
Sometimes moderator's are a bit to strict . But their reasoning is that their are children playing .
I think the old timer's on here know their friends and their enemies and leave well alone when they have too .
It's becoming obvious if you don't like the poster who posts before you you move on .

Well craig . I happen to think that WGT's moderators missed the boat . Aren't all there . Grade school drop outs .

That is the only way to describe the lack of professionalism . Lack of fairness . The favoritism shown to WGTers that have sucked up to them and gained their loyalty .

I have been put through the meat grinder here on more occasions than you have hairs on your head . There have been full threads dedicated to discrediting me . That were so foul they eventually were deleted . Below are a few examples of some of their work .

craig . You must not have been paying attention . I might have experienced the worst . Because I engaged . I didn't back down ever . Not once . But they surely shredded me . I have seen others be degraded and insulted . Beyond any Forum I have seen .

Icon is the Master . He has kept me moderated for years . His buddies come on here and tear someone to pieces . Then they put the victim on moderation .

And I'm telling it to you mildly . No exaggeration .

Here are some mild ones still in existence .

One for the number crunchers

YOU GUYS ARE SURE GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO
People! PEOPLE! CHANGE THE TOPIC HERE !

LET'S BE (COMPLETELY) HONEST 2...OR PROBABLY NOT...

Every Day People CC Weekly Rewards.

I MEAN WHAT I SAY NOT WHAT YOU READ

pdb1
20,789 Posts
Mon, Oct 26 2020 8:14 PM
  I don't remember quite who they were . But a couple of grumpy old farts . At the beginning . Actually thought I was doing the 1st posters awards as a joke to the poster . Tongue in cheek . So to speak . Sarcastically leading them on . Lol .
  Light hearted maybe . But very real .

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) U5850577_20201010_084151.jpg?0.133.7605TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) CAN.gif?0.133.7605
HenryKawa
1,247 Posts
Tue, Oct 27 2020 7:47 PM
Paul, I'm not sure what they are called, trolls or dummy's, but for 7 years, I could not say a word in ANY thread without being jumped all over, criticized and called almost every name you can think of.   I started a few of my own thread, and it was a little better.  Although Allosso is adamant that no one owns their own thread.  Everyone knows that, but its is kind of regarded among members that a thread unofficially belongs to the person who started it  - sometimes.  Especially if they are constant posters in their own thread, like Craig is with his.  I think most people regard that as Craig's thread (Who has the last word).  Yeah yeah, we know it is not "officially" his thread, but take a deep breath, relax Allosso.  Lets all try to get along.  You take every opportunity to hammer me with insults.  Its got to stop.  I'm asking you politely to stop.
The last year or so, has been better. I posted my real picture and shared my true story about myself and most people are okay with me now.

PS.  Craig, I know you didn't even start that Thread. lol.  But really what does it matter.  Lets just all get along, have fun, be friends  and like each other.   Allosso, I forgive you and am willing to let by-gones be by-gones.  If you send me a friend invite, I will accept. 

pdb1
20,789 Posts
Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:22 PM
Henry . You have stood tall in their faces as well . No doubt .
  I really was never effected by any of the trolls . I 
  What I am most bothered by . Even to the point of bitterness . Is being kept on moderation for all these years . I never posted anything to violate any forum rules or T of C . They just purposely held me back . Sometimes having to wait a week for my posts to appear .
  Really damn frustrating . They even pick and choose what they want to post of mine .
  I don't blame them for not posting the one above . That's my harshest one in years . It sucks to have to copy and paste every post . For the exact reason of being censored .
  I have had enough of that crap . But as far as conflicts or confrontations with someone . I won't do it . It is easy for me to say nope .

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) U1544357_20201101_032940.jpg?0.133.7605TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) GBR.gif?0.133.7605
craigswan
17,807 Posts
Wed, Oct 28 2020 2:29 AM
To paul and henry .
Sorry guys . I forgot about the abuse you guys received .
I was embarrassed for them .

craigswan
17,807 Posts
Wed, Oct 28 2020 2:47 AM
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Giphy

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Craigs11
Wed, Oct 28, 2:50 AM
By craigswan in And Everything Else

I have been moderated twice .
first time for posting a gif they didn't like .
second time for telling a joke they didn't like .
I e-mailed customer services and within days i was back on .
The second time i received a message from someone saying - you have been here long enough to know the score . Don't be such a plonker .
Maybe 3 strikes and i am out .

craigswan
17,807 Posts
Wed, Oct 28 2020 2:59 AM

Can i ask a question .
My cc owner scrutinises people trying to join her club .
She checks if their level will let them compete fairly with other members
She checks if they have a decent record of playing most days .
She also looks at their wallposts for troublemakers .
Why are some clubs so desperate for members everyone is welcome right away .
Not applying to any cc specifically but in general .
If the new member is not happy you lose him very quickly .
Just asking as i am interested .
Not even saying my cc owner is correct .

craigswan
17,807 Posts
Wed, Oct 28 2020 3:55 AM

Most of the trouble in the world is caused by people wanting to be important..
If everyone becomes insignificant or unimportant, the world becomes troubleless?

pdb1
20,789 Posts
Wed, Oct 28 2020 5:06 AM
Yes and if the people that strive to be normal . Are held back . The world becomes oppressed , repressed and depressed .

pdb1
20,789 Posts
Wed, Oct 28 2020 6:18 AM
TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Icon-quotecraigswan:
Can i ask a question .
My cc owner scrutinises people trying to join her club .
She checks if their level will let them compete fairly with other members
She checks if they have a decent record of playing most days .
She also looks at their wallposts for troublemakers .

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Apdb115
  That the basic minimums of criteria that an owner should be checking .
  The most failures come from not checking or caring who enters your CC .
  The criteria varies in as vast a number as there are CC"s of course .
  Some would want to verify communication . At the very least responding to the owner quickly . And verifying that the person is willing to friend the owner first at least . This can be very difficult and could take a couple of weeks .
  If communication is important in the CC . Then you would wish that the new recruit / or prospective player . Would also friend the directors in a timely manner .
  If the CC depends on announcing various formats , events and activities in the CC Forum . Information crucial to tiers , dates , and availability .
  The prospective player would then have to be willing to on a voluntary reasonable period frequency . Read the CC Forum . So as not to miss specific announcements important to that players participation and involvement in respect to being able to fit in and advance as he or she may desire . Without that information the player could interrupt , interfere , or miss out on important events .
  There may also be a need for the new prospect to friend many of the CC members . Again in a timely manner . Many veteran and CC members in the know will be very interested in assisting and matching up and guiding the new player to a better smoother acclamation to their environment .As a CC is a team . No matter what size it is . Friending and welcoming a new member to the CC is the same as a hand shake or a fist bump , or an air hug . And a good ice breaker . Very important IMSO .
  There are many other areas of concern that an owner may feel is common sense .
  It starts with communication . Whether the player has ever played a round or not .
craigswan
17,807 Posts
Wed, Oct 28 2020 8:48 AM
On forums whenever somebody posts - i want to join a cc there is a frenzy of activity and invites .
Even when the player is relatively new without much of a playing record .
Just surprises me .
I think the last 3 people trying to join our cc were refused .
One was a hack , one was a trouble- maker first time round and wanted to rejoin .
And the third one had been here for less than a month with an average in the fifties .

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) U5850577_20201010_084151.jpg?0.133.7605TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) CAN.gif?0.133.7605
HenryKawa
1,247 Posts
Wed, Oct 28 2020 2:43 PM
I had to check the posting rules.  I thought you guys may have been violating the rules, not that it bothers me, but I don't want you to get into trouble.   There is a rule that we are not supposed to discuss moderation actions taken against a player.  I don't think it applies if you talk about disciplinary action taken against yourself, but I may be wrong.   I'm just saying, be careful.  You two are my best friends of the 6200 friends that I have.

craigswan
17,807 Posts
Wed, Oct 28 2020 3:00 PM
Good points henry  .
6290 friends now henry .
You have not made any in the last 48 hours though .

technically once again . craig gets the last word .

Last edited by Paul on Sat 05 Jun 2021, 7:09 am; edited 6 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Empty THE REST OF THE STORY

Post by Paul Sun 01 Nov 2020, 4:19 pm

Having been on moderation for the last several years . Three things triggered a defensive response to what craig posted when he posted this below .

1) I was already having a bad day .
2) The statements about not seeing much trolling .
3) The moderators that protect the trolls .

Those three things prompted me to post the one below that .
  Except it was rejected . Of course . Over the years they had rejected many harmless posts . This one I knew was going to be tough to get through .
  Having had this happen before . I learned to copy and paste and save every post prior to posting . I save everyone in a private forum in this website . As they post I delete them . The ones tht don't get through . I edit them into an existing post later .
  This one I wasted no time editing it in . Then like a fool . I boasted about it . I knew that was stupid . I knew I was pushing my luck . But I didn't care . Being censored all the time sucked . I didn't care if I ever posted again in the WGT Forums .
  So the next day it was really no surprise at all when I got this message :

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) U13043983_20200701_165326.jpg?0.133.7605

on 29 Oct 2020 at 10:33 AM

WGTShamWow wrote

Please note that your forum posts have now been hidden due to circumventing moderation by editing old messages with moderated posts. This will be your first and last warning regarding this behavior. Your posts will remain hidden for 1 month. Message me back on Nov 29th and I will enable your posts again.
WGT ShamWow

So that is where I stand now .

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Craigs11

We have all been on the naughty step .
It's becoming obvious if you don't like the poster who posts before you you move on .

THIS IS THE POST THAT DID ME IN

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Apdb115

Well craig . I happen to think that WGT's moderators missed the boat . Aren't all there . Grade school drop outs .
  That is the only way to describe the lack of professionalism . Lack of fairness . The favoritism shown to WGTers that have sucked up to them and gained their loyalty .
  I have been put through the meat grinder here on more occasions than you have hairs on your head . There have been full threads dedicated to discrediting me . That were so foul they eventually were deleted . Below are a few examples of some of their work .
  craig . You must not have been paying attention . I might have experienced the worst . Because I engaged . I didn't back down ever . Not once . But they surely shredded me . I have seen others be degraded and insulted . Beyond any Forum I have seen .
  Icon is the Master . He has kept me moderated for years . His buddies come on here and tear someone to pieces . Then they put the victim on moderation .
  And I'm telling it to you mildly . No exaggeration .
  Here are some mild ones still in existence .
One for the number crunchers
YOU GUYS ARE SURE GOOD AT WHAT YOU DO
LET'S BE HONEST
People! PEOPLE! CHANGE THE TOPIC HERE !
LET'S BE (COMPLETELY) HONEST 2...OR PROBABLY NOT...
Every Day People CC Weekly Rewards.
I MEAN WHAT I SAY NOT WHAT YOU READ

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Empty 10 MONTHS LATER

Post by Paul Tue 24 Aug 2021, 3:27 pm

After 4 years of moderation . Straight . There were other moderation periods prior .

My moderation has finally been lifted .

It is such an unbelievable feeling . Such a relief .

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) U13043983_20200701_165326.jpg?0.143

WGTShamWow wrote
on 19 Aug 2021 at 6:04 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the message. Your account was placed on moderation for your protection as you have made numerous posts in the past that violated our Community Guidelines and to keep you from violating these guidelines your account was moderated. Per your advise that you will never violate these guidelines again and that this moderation is unfounded, I have removed your account from moderation.

Please note that due to past violations, the next report of your account breaking our Community Guidelines will result in the ability to post to the forums removed from your account and past posts hidden from the community indefinitely.

Best,

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT (the thread) Empty FROM THE LATEST

Post by Paul Mon 28 Nov 2022, 10:22 pm

FROM   THE LATEST

A response to your question was given by one of our WGT Agents. If you need additional information or help, please respond to this email.

Thank you for playing WGT.WGT Member Services
Support (WGT)
Nov 17, 2022, 4:28 PM CST
Hi,
Due to an innapropriate post, your account has been placed back on moderation.

Best Regards,
WGT Member Services

pdb1
Nov 17, 2022, 5:40 PM CST
I see . Considering that what you are referring to was not even created by me ( a gif ) . And that there are dozens of very crude comments still active in the forums . Beyond anything I would ever post . By dozens of members . It is stunningly surprising . A 1 word gif . But you are consistent anyway .
Can you give me a time frame please in which to expect relief ? I will be able to refrain from any posting at all . Until that time . I will then return and be able to know what is acceptable for me .

Support (WGT)
Nov 17, 2022, 5:54 PM CST
Hi,
Due to your account being placed on moderation a number of times now, your account will no longer be taken off of moderation. 

Best Regards,
WGT Member Services
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down