Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43669 messages in 6438 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE"

Go down

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Empty SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE"

Post by Paul Wed 25 Nov 2020, 4:45 pm

Interested in your CC

Between acetatepdb1

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Acetat11
acetate wrote
on 18 Oct 2015 at 3:20 PM

I would appreciate the opportunity to be considered a candidate for your country club. In lieu of that if you would provide what I am missing so that I could work towards the possibility of joining your CC in the future.
Thank you for your consideration.

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Apdb1_10

pdb1 wrote
on 18 Oct 2015 at 4:48 PM

Just what is it that you are missing ?  We have a huge amount of resources . 
  Paul

acetate wrote
on 18 Oct 2015 at 7:54 PM

By resources I'm not referring to equipment. Rather I was asking if I meet the standards required for consideration and acceptance to your country club. I know that compared to your members I'm a newbie.

What I bring is the commitment to participate in tournaments and socially within your forums.
What I lack in skills I make up in desire. Your members have the experience from which I would appreciate the opportunity to learn.

Being totally upfront I do bring with me limitations. I use to golf in the physical world. That was before I was diagnosed with Parkinson's. I continued on for awhile until I felt that I was a danger to other players on the course. Something about my spastic swing sent players running.
I'm never going to have that pinpoint touch to hit an excellent swing time after time like a machine. Some days are better than others. What I have is the knowledge of how to golf. With some help and pointers I believe I can compete even if I am always on the lower half of your tournament field. At this point in my life that would be grand.

I realize that this is a rather long winded response to your question. The short answer is if I'm not right for your CC now, what would you need to see from my play and progress to be considered?
Thank you for your quick response.

pdb1 wrote
on 18 Oct 2015 at 10:54 PM

lol . Whoa a minute . Slow your roll . I love it . Ace , you are more than qualified . Especially the long winded part . I can totally relate . i am going to invite you . You will then begin what I am willing to bet will be the best experience you could imagine at WGT . See you soon .
  Paul

pdb1 wrote
on 18 Oct 2015 at 11:17 PM

i have no idea what it must be like at APAB . But I can tell you that you would fit right in at VOTSCC . We are small but very diverse . With other members with various disabilities who are very happy here . The level of your skill is not of any concern . To provide for you the very best environment that we can , to allow you to improve and maximize your skill to whatever level you desire . Would be a very high priority . When we say enjoy . We mean it . and it can involve golf too . ( that was a joke ) Despite WGT's complacent efforts to iron out the glitches . 
  On your wall there is a URL for our bonus website . A lot of cool stuff  only there to be utilize if you so desire . Our focus is on our WGT CC tourneys , our WGT CC forum , our special CC events , and our members , Not necessarily in any particular order .

acetate wrote
on 19 Oct 2015 at 3:14 PM

Thanks Paul for giving me this opportunity. I am seriously stoked. In the little I have been able to absorb I realize what a great group you have gathered.

pdb1 wrote
on 19 Oct 2015 at 5:20 PM

Yes but as in any group , some get laxidasical and you need not worry about that . Some of my current messages probably seem a little strong . That's because I am a nice guy .  I have been doing this for two years . It gets old . Welcome to the club . You will enjoy .
  Paul

acetate wrote
on 19 Oct 2015 at 6:50 PM

I understand why you limit VOTSCC to 50 members. Keeping the excitement to drive involvement is an incredible challenge when you are working with digital people that have real lives.
From what I have seen you go above and beyond for this club. Even though this is my first day I already can sense the buzz.
If you ever need any help ask. I had a broad set of technology and graphical skills that have been eroded by Parkinson's yet can still be useful.
If I stray off the path tell me or yell at me, it's your preference.
If you ever find yourself at wit's end ping me. I'm almost always here. Wit's end - wouldn't that be a great name for a golf hole?
- ace

Interaction between players while playing

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 19 Oct 2015 at 7:03 PM

Is there an accepted practice for interacting between players during games? At ABAP they use Team Speak or Skype enabling players to talk while they golf.

pdb1 wrote
on 19 Oct 2015 at 8:16 PM

Just to give you a quick answer . I am leaving for a new night shift job right now . Not at this time . I will message you more tomorrow  .
  Paul

4 requirements

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 19 Oct 2015 at 6:58 PM

Quick update on the VOTSCC joining requirements.
There are only 4 very easy requirements to join this CC :

1) Participate in CC tourneys - I already have signed up for my first.

2) Communicate with owner just enough to know you are human - How was your day?

3) Register in our website / forum . Please use your WGT username - Done. That is cool site.

4)  Friending all other CC members at your convenience is also part of the communication needed in VOTSCC - I have friended them all.
Thanks for help getting me started. That is not the way every CC handles probies.
- ace

pdb1 wrote
on 19 Oct 2015 at 8:19 PM

Lol . This is not like any other CC . What may I ask do others do to handle probies ? 

acetate wrote
on 20 Oct 2015 at 2:27 AM

With the worst it is a simple welcome email.
The next rung up the ladder will include a reference that they have tournaments. Yet when you go under their tournament section there are none current. A quick look at their histories will show a handful of sporadic events sprinkled over a period of months if not years.
Many have little or no activity under the club forum. Threads will be months apart. Some are empty.
A few members might friend you. In most cases that will be the first and last communication.
All of this leaves you with the feeling that you have stumbled into your last high school class reunion, or worse some other school's reunion.
Rarely do they have external web sites. None are as robust as yours.
You have created something incredibly special Paul. Stop me when you tire of hearing this.
Have a happy day. Thanks for letting me roost in your coop.
- acetate

pdb1 wrote
on 20 Oct 2015 at 7:28 AM

Please don't stop . Lol . 
  Paul 
  I think that was the school that we didn't go together to .

thanks ...

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 21 Oct 2015 at 3:40 PM

... again for the opportunity to join your merry band of 50. This has been a wonderful experience. It is everything that I have been looking for in a country club and more.
Is there anything else I need to be doing? As I mentioned this is the first CC that didn't feel like it was on life support. As such I'm not housebroken yet. I want to make sure I'm pulling my weight.
- acetate

CC clashes

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 22 Oct 2015 at 3:07 PM

If I'm understanding these CC clashes, they are for the top members of VOTSCC playing against other country clubs. Am I correct in that I don't need to do anything for these? If this is true, is there still a way that I can follow these competitions in as close to live as possible?
- acetate

pdb1 wrote
on 22 Oct 2015 at 7:39 PM

No , this CLASH thing is open for anyone with a WGT membership belonging to a CC . However , one must first enjoy this sort of event which is unlike any other you have seen , and one must be willing to use a pass for every round . Whether it be free or bought . You only get points of any significance using a pass for every round . There is much more to it . No one is under any obligation to participate . VOTSCC in the past , when the CLASHES were on the weekend had some sort of magical surge of comaraderie    and had done very well placing sometimes 13th , 15th , 17th , 20's , 30's , and 40's by the final bell . Pretty incredible for a 50 member CC . So in that sense we had a fantastic experience , bonding and kicking ass . All at our expense literally as there are no prizes for these things . No skill or knowledge of the game is needed . Just money . If you have never tried the format . I suggest you do at some point . If you don't and they stop  the event . No gr8 loss .
  Paul .                                                                                              

pdb1 wrote
on 22 Oct 2015 at 7:48 PM

If you go into the gameclient homescreen window . You can view the current match up , current wins and losses against who and the scores . You can view the overall leaderboards . You can look up our opponents CC and see the lop sided mismatches .

acetate wrote
on 23 Oct 2015 at 1:26 AM

Thanks. I understand this event and some of the related comments around the forum yesterday.

Last edited by Paul on Thu 06 May 2021, 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Empty Re: SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE"

Post by Paul Wed 25 Nov 2020, 4:47 pm

I'm having ...

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 24 Oct 2015 at 11:04 PM

... an outstanding time in your CC. Hope everything is well with you Paul.  - acetate

pdb1 wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 6:33 PM

fanfckingtastic

Are we good bro ?

Between acetatepdb1

pdb1 wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 7:12 PM

A couple of members have messaged me . Afraid I am going to scare off a very good new member . I hope not . 
  Paul 

pdb1 wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 7:14 PM

Furthermore . I also feel as though you are an extremely good new addition to the CC . Very happy to have you . 
  Paul 

acetate wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 8:19 PM

We are 100% Paul. I felt bad that I hit a sore spot. I have an idea of what it takes to create and maintain a CC of this caliber. I don't want to make your job any more of a pain than it is already.
Nobody says, "Hey, I've got some free time. Maybe I could find an unpaid administrative job. One where I have to deal with 50 different personalities." You want to golf like the rest of us. I can appreciate that.
I am incredibly thankful for the work you contribute, day in and day out.
If there is anything I can do to help don't hesitate to ask. You will find that I have a broad and deep knowledge of many things.

acetate wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 8:26 PM

I'm not sure I can express how much I needed this group. I mentioned Parkinson's. It at best ranks third in my diseases.
At the top is an incurable immune disorder. While I'm not the boy in the plastic bubble I live in his neighborhood. Much of the year I cannot leave my house. From the start of flu and cold season until the end I don't go out at all.
VOTSCC is my line to the outside world. I so want to make each and every member my friend.
That is why I am so appreciative that you took me in and made me feel at home.
Thank you Paul.

pdb1 wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 8:42 PM

You are welcome bro . This is very tasking and taxing . God only knows why i do it . The 50 members you see are only 1 fifth of the members I have gone through . Nearly 250 non playing non responsive members before we got to this incredible current 50 we have now . You have no idea . But I am happy to hear you feel welcome because it is very obvious you are exactly what we are looking for . Please feel right at home .
  I don't know if you noticed an exchange in the forum earlier in the week involving Rob . This is a common occurrence mostly for Rob but not exclusively . From time to time tempers get the better of some and the first reaction is to quit . I can usually talk them back . Lol . Don't ask me why I do . I would not be able to answer .
  But my point is that i encourage individuals to speak their mind and be respected for their input . I hope that this can help and teach some of the more sensitive ( like Rob ) and maybe some of the more timid to open up and really get more out of their experience here . 
  Don't ask me why I am telling you all this . I would not be able to answer . Lol . 
  Welcome aboard bro . 
  Paul 

pdb1 wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 8:47 PM

" VOTSCC is my line to the outside world. ". Please know that I do understand this . All the more reason that you fit right in to our community . So do not feel all alone . As there are many of us here .

tournaments

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 11:38 AM

Paul, can anyone create a tournament? If so, where would I find the link for this? Thanks.

pdb1 wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 7:54 PM

Yes . Anyone can create a tournament . On our CC homepage there is a tab that says CLUB TOuRNAMENTS . There is a drop down menu . Click the one you desire and go from there . 

Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Create%20tournaments_zpsoxgfslil

acetate wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 8:32 PM

I do not have the create new tournament option. I have just the first two.

pdb1 wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 2:12 PM

Every member should have that option . It is very likely a glitch . At the bottom of the screen click contact click customer support write your username and your CC and report the details please . 

acetate wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 4:03 PM

I did a quick search on this issue. One reason I found is if your country club is configured where you have to be a 'Member' before you are able to create tournaments.
Is it possible that the default configuration is that 'Recruits' do not have this privilege? That you never ran into this problem because no recruit ever wanted to create a tournament before I came along? 

pdb1 wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 7:48 PM

Is it possible that the default configuration is that 'Recruits' do not have this privilege? 

I am sure you are quite right my friend . I guess I better hurry and make you a full member . I will work on it . It should be tonight . Got a couple before you . No worries . 
  Paul

VOTSCC directors

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 11:44 AM

There are four directors. Do they have distinct roles?

pdb1 wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 7:46 PM

Yes they do . The first is an honorary title belonging to CLUCKTRENTSUPERDUCK . An original member who not only is a TL , but has 477,368  unassailable points that are just unfathomable . He is also on a personal very personal leave of absence from many activities at his request . 
  The second and third are the very hard working Directors of Tournaments . Robmurphy4 and JimQ916 . Their hard work creating and posting every detailed information needed for much of the pertinent tourneys and not so much the not so important ones . Is so valuable , it is immeasurable . 
  The fourth is the newest . AZDEWARS  our Dr. of technology . Please check his forum in the website . 
 The fifth is taken up by the owner . Me and no choice was given for that . 4 directors plus the owner equals 5 . 
  However there is no significance to the title of Director other than when a CLASH is under way the 15 or so Superpasses that WGT doles out . Are best divyed out amongst the 5 of us . As there are not enough to go around for the general population . 
  Why do you ask ? Do you offer your skills to assist in some way ? That is very possible . Being the owner I can assign any responsibilities to anyone who is willing to help . 

acetate wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 8:30 PM

First and foremost I wanted to understand more of how the CC operated. If I know who to ask I can in a small way make things easier for you.
As I said, I have a broad set of skills. If there is a need ask me. I may be able to help.

pdb1 wrote
on 25 Oct 2015 at 8:52 PM

I will be certain to let you know . 
  Thank you 

acetate wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 7:14 AM

I realized that to toss out an 'I can help' offer without providing a bit of my background is akin to placing a yellow pages ad that reads:
ABC Company - Call us. We might be able to do something for you!
Before I became ill I owned a mobile solution consulting firm. We created high-end, mission critical solutions for Fortune 100 corporations, government agencies, intelligence and security services and branches of our military.
I have a considerable knowledge of Internet technologies. This includes websites, blogs, wikis, RSS feeds, instant messaging, social networking, podcasting, Twitter, voice and video services and much more. I have authored books, magazine articles and spoke at conferences on mobile technologies and web solutions including HTML, CSS and Javascript.
I have filmed and edited commercials, music videos, short films and mobile presentations.
Or feel free to tell me to piss off. After all we are a family here. SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Icon_smile

pdb1 wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 7:40 AM

Lol I like that . Although this is a PM . I would like permission to post your credentials in our CC forum . I would also ask you to please friend and discuss your world with azdewars . I would be exited to accept anything that you could assist with regarding any forum or member .

pdb1 wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 7:41 AM

Feel free to reintroduce yourself if you like only disclosing what info you want .

acetate wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 2:37 PM

You mentioned that azdewars is your doctor of technology. I expect that he has a certain level of pride in his role. I don't want to offend, encroach, insult or otherwise tarnish his position within VOTSCC. Finding people to help run an organization is difficult at best.
Can you embellish on what functions he provides?

acetate wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 2:45 PM

Does azdewars help with the external website?
Do you track participation? Tournaments [ how often played, withdrawn with or without notice ]; Forum [ regular participation, greeting new members, congratulating awardees ]; XP contributions;

acetate wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 2:52 PM

I haven't told anyone other then you about my illnesses. Even then I only did so because I thought you needed to know who you were accepting into your CC.
I don't like being on disability. I would love to go back to work. I know that disability is a sensitive topic in our country. I don't want to upset or offend anyone by giving the impression I'm playing golf on their dime while they work.

pdb1 wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 8:31 PM

No I meant your credentials only . Not your personal situation . I was gonna brag about you and then get back to you for it looks like some good long talks about some improvements . 

acetate wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 8:49 PM

I'm cool with that. And I'm looking forward to our talks.
You have given me a purpose and a place that I desperately needed.
Thank you is not nearly enough to explain how much this means to me but it will have to do for now.

I have ...

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 8:24 PM

... been reading through the archive of our forum. I have seen patterns that repeat with the membership.
You have a core of good people. Individuals that appreciate what you do for us. That will step up to a task when they are needed. They participate in the forums. They take part in tournaments, even those that they may not care because they recognize the efforts of their fellow members.
Then there are those that are here for the services. Kind of like you created a bed and breakfast for them. They play in the tournaments they want. They ignore the rest. They believe that the forum is beneath them. They provide empty excuses for not having time for the forum. Not having time to help out a junior member of their CC. Yet they play an enormous amount of golf.
The last group are the ghosts. They don't play tournaments. They don't participate in the forums. They just aren't here. Their ghosts.

• You need the first group.
  • You may threaten some of the second group to fall in line for awhile. In truth they will return to their old ways shortly.
  • Just pull the plug on the third group.

Earlier today I asked if you monitor how members participate. A way I can help is to take this off your hands. You and your directors can specify some standards. A level of acceptable participation in tourneys played, forum comments, XP provided and an effort to make their CC better.
I can take it from there. Track the data. Summarize performance. Point out who needs to go, who needs to improve and who needs an attaboy. If you want I can cut the stragglers.
We can retool the website. Post rules and expectations. Post participation numbers.
For this CC to be its best you need 50 people that all fall into the first group. Those that will give blood for VOTSCC. I'm not saying that emergencies won't arise. That members will need to take a leave of absence. They need to request that. Until they make a request to return they should not participate in anything.
It may take awhile but slowly you will build up a group of 50 stellar members. A group that will make the CC run so smoothly that all you will need to worry about is improving your game.
If you want you can have a blog on the new site. Members can write guest articles about aspects of the game. Tournaments can be reported.
We should not have tournaments where members take the time to create only to have 10% of our membership play. That is insulting.
I know. I've been here what, seven days now? Just tell me to STFU.

pdb1 wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 8:52 PM

.. been reading through the archive of our forum. I have seen patterns that repeat with the membership.
  Are you referring to the WGT CC forum ? If so then may I please direct you to the website . This where you will find my trials and tribulations . I have written nearly a book on it . Before you read it all . Please do not misunderstand . What you mention above is all very clear to me . I have been doing this for two years . I have tried everything . Everything . 
  So I am fully aware of what 50 members we have now . The most valuable and common thing with this group is that they all play CC tourneys . This is the least and the most that one can expect from a CC member . Good CC members are already in CC's and have been for years . 
  Rather than type it all in for you at this time . I will search and find some of my theories . But in the mean time . I have saved some interesting posts of mine over the years . 
IT IS DEJA VUE
THIS DIRECTION
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Default13 BUILDING A FORUM ( archives )
just to name a few . There are many more about members and concerning their attention to this WGT CC forum and the website forum . 
  I wish I could force it to be better . But you will soon see . I have backed off 300 % and am still pushing my luck with the few expectations that I currently have . 
  I hope to discuss this with you more . 

pdb1 wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 9:09 PM

Here is an interesting one . I found this as I was searching for a much more recent post . It appears that the mods have deleted some very active threads . Very unusual .
 Mass Poaching

pdb1 wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 9:26 PM

Poaching here is another original . These are a little off point though . I was searching for a more recent post I made ( it is gone ) . 
  In the main Tournaments , in the results . You will find hundreds of players . This is the only place one can find a list of members not belonging to CC's . However , it is also the worse place for prospective recruits . What you have in the tournament leader boards are dozens if not hundreds of 6 , 7 , 8 , year members that have done nothing but play tourneys the entire time . Most have been in one or two CC's ( not their thing ) . And most have been here 6 , 7 , 8 , years and have anywhere from zero to 11 friends in all those years . Also not a good sign . It is just not their thing . So this list , the only one available is a total waste of time .
  I have a couple ideas for how WGT can make members not belonging to CC's visible . Because there have to be hundreds maybe thousands . We just can't find them . 
  CC Corner is a very good place to recruit . But there has to be more access to available players . 
  Here is our main CC Corner thread and some half assed ones I have posted 
VALLEY of the SUN C C invites

ARE YOU A SMALL STRUGGLING CC ?
TIME TO SERIOUSLY LOOK A OUR CC
 A PLACE WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE GR8 AND THE TOURNEYS ARE ....
 If you have a good air conditioner
It looks like introductions and invites to .............

acetate wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 9:46 PM

Sorry for not being clear. I was reading back through the VOTSCC forum.
The bottom line is that you have done this and been successful. You have tried things. From the sound of it all of them and some of them twice.
I'm here to help you in whatever way needed. I will read through the threads you provided so that I will have a better understanding of the most excellent CC you have built.

acetate wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 9:48 PM

It was the VALLEY of the SUN CC invites thread that brought me here. I was sold the moment I read it and explored your outside website.

pdb1 wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 10:16 PM

You mentioned that azdewars is your doctor of technology. I expect that he has a certain level of pride in his role. I don't want to offend, encroach, insult or otherwise tarnish his position within VOTSCC. Finding people to help run an organization is difficult at best.
Can you embellish on what functions he provides?
Does azdewars help with the external website?
  The posts in this forum all are his . I transferred them to the website and deleted them from the CC forum as they were spread all over and impossible to find . All of these are his contributions and an overwhelming help for myself and others . No one else has ever contributed anything at all . He really took my approval and ran with it . He is also a man of the cloth and a very nice gentleman .
  So please let him have his( little to you ) but huge to me contribution . As you may have some other ideas on the direction of technology . There is plenty of room for everyone . If a title is of importance to you . Then I will work on that . But like I said titles are of no significance to me . Only contribution , passion , teamplay , integrity are factors that I would hope to find in those that help to run the CC . 
  As this is a very new role for him and he does have little time . He works , has a congregation , has had some personal issues , and some computer problems of his own . He has not delved into the website yet . I am hoping he will in time . As I am hoping you will also . 
  In fact you can have full admin in the website . Just as soon as we discuss it further . 
  When we do . I suggest we go to the chat room in the site . Which is a whole other disappointment for me . But works very well as a chat room . 

acetate wrote on 26 Oct 2015 at 1:45 PM

Do you track participation? Tournaments [ how often played, withdrawn with or without notice ]; Forum [ regular participation, greeting new members, congratulating awardees ]; XP contributions;
  Yes I used to . i had the stats for every member . I found that it did not matter once I got to the point where every member does play in CC tourneys ( every member is different so there are no minimums zero is not acceptable . ) So the next thing to do is to see if I can encourage these players to utilize their CC XP passes in the most efficient and effective way according to their schedule . So since I have made so much progrees by getting to the point that every CC member plays CC tourneys . And I now know what a bunch of sensitive biotches WGT members are . All I can do at this point is politely suggest to them about the passes or any more than they already do . 
  I have always been patient and diplomatic . But for the first two years I was much more firm and demanding of the many things I felt it took to be a successful CC . I tried to remain mature and professional thinking they would all get it and have the same goals and desires I did . Nope it just doesn't work with the guys I run across . Just a small handful . Most have no clue about teamwork , dedication , commitment , etc . 

The 50 members you see are only 1 fifth of the members I have gone through . Nearly 250 non playing non responsive members before we got to this incredible current 50 we have now .

pdb1 wrote
on 26 Oct 2015 at 10:18 PM

The posts in this forum all are his
TIPS FROM THE DOCTOR OF TECHNOLOGY AZDEWARS

acetate wrote
on 27 Oct 2015 at 12:26 AM

I am in complete agreement regarding azdewars. He should have that title. It provides him recognition for the contribution he has made.
I don't need a title. I've had too many. During the tech boom my company was the talent for many start-ups. They had ideas. We had answers. They would put us on retainer. When they had potential investors visiting I would fly a part of my team to them for the day. If the investors wanted to talk tech, they spoke with me, the Director of Technology, or the Chief Information Officer or any other of a handful of titles. We converted an office in our building into a walk in closet of shirts from all these companies. My office manager was good at making sure we had the right shirts, backpacks and business cards.
We did this at conferences as well. Sometimes changing shirts and booths during the day. One time I was standing in for Microsoft when a venture capitalist visited. It took some quick mental slight of hand to keep him happy.
That work paid off tremendously after the tech bubble burst. We had so much exposure that it was easy to go from being on retainer to creating bleeding edge, mission critical solutions for clients from around the world. The opportunities and contracts we had were mind boggling.
We had offices in New York, Chicago, San Fransisco, London, and our real office that was a middle school I bought. It was retrofit for our needs. We held our meetings on the basketball court that was untouched. It still had the scoreboard and bleachers. If you wanted to speak someone would pass you the ball. I found that people were more creative when taken out of their office environment. Plus the meetings were shorter when everyone had to stand.
Here I am being long winded again. You must be careful as I have designed and created so many wonderfully diverse solutions.
We can talk through what you believe is needed for the VOTSCC website. azdewars will still have his section of that, while I can take the site to the next level.

pdb1 wrote
on 27 Oct 2015 at 12:03 AM

You already said you don't like Ace . I just can't get Acetate to roll off my tongue . So what the hell can I call you ? 

acetate wrote
on 27 Oct 2015 at 7:15 AM

I have no problem with Ace. I joked that it seemed inappropriate to refer to oneself as Ace on a golf course. Even more so within the skilled group of players you have gathered.
Everyone else here calls me Ace it's time that you and I do the same.
- Ace

pdb1 wrote
on 27 Oct 2015 at 7:57 AM

Lol ok .

Last edited by Paul on Thu 06 May 2021, 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Empty Re: SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE"

Post by Paul Wed 25 Nov 2020, 4:48 pm

Microsoft updates ...

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 27 Oct 2015 at 8:52 PM

... and other such things.
As we discussed I'm going to steer clear of azdewars technical posts. That's his world. Through his writing I can sense his pride and fulfillment in his task, which is good thing.
I hope you are well.
- ace

pdb1 wrote
on 27 Oct 2015 at 9:26 PM

You do not have to steer clear of azdewars . I already suggested that you two strike up a conversation and see if you can share a common bond that doubles the input and the information that that area can provide . Also I am sure that there are areas that he is not going to cover that you would be much more the expert in . There is no reason for the two of you to clash . I have detected a certain , uncertain air from you a couple times you have mentioned him . Please do everything you can not to let any competiveness show in these CC matters . This is not the golf part . This is the help part and there is plenty of room for everyone to help . And like it . Okay ? Good .

Thank you

pdb1 wrote
on 27 Oct 2015 at 9:29 PM

I am well thank you lol 

acetate wrote
on 28 Oct 2015 at 8:24 AM

My choice of words have left you with the wrong impression about my view of azdewars. I've have more techies work for me than I can remember. I learned early on to respect their areas of expertise, those in which they take pride, along with the topics and skills in which they show interest to learn. That is all I meant by my poorly formulated note.
I will touch base with him. Is there anything you have him working on presently?

acetate wrote
on 28 Oct 2015 at 8:26 AM

Almost forgot. There is no competitiveness as far as I'm concerned.

acetate wrote
on 28 Oct 2015 at 8:28 AM

Damn, I think I left my brain in that last bunker. I forgot to ask you this as well. How are you today?

pdb1 wrote
on 28 Oct 2015 at 8:38 AM

I am well sir . ( I lie sometimes ) . I am happy to hear you have a handle on that . I will not give it another  thought . He is completely on his own . Free reigns to do as he feels . As you are also sir . Please go ahead and consider a platform that suits you for your initial project for us . Nothing spectacular unless you can do no less .
  Paul

What kind ...

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 28 Oct 2015 at 8:55 PM

... of medications are you on? I figure that they must be wicked good. How else could you possibly deal with people that get pissed off at you for asking them to acknowledge the existence of the country club in which they are a member?
Every one of them appear to have a life that is so much more complicated and demanding than the rest of us. If that is the case, if you are truly that busy, then don't join a CC.
They can still play WGT. They can still play tournaments that WGT offers.
What they want is the benefits of the work you and your directors give to VOTSCC, yet don't want to give anything back.
You do one hell of a job. I for one am thankful that I found your CC.

pdb1 wrote
on 29 Oct 2015 at 7:05 AM

Exactly my point . You will notice that each time , that is something I make very clear . What I ask is the minimal needed for a CC to be half successful . I just quadruple my meds each time . 

pdb1 wrote
on 29 Oct 2015 at 7:08 AM

Lol . Except for my failing thyroid and my old feet I'm clean as a whistle . Quit alcohol 24 years ago . 

pdb1 wrote
on 29 Oct 2015 at 7:14 AM

You know until a short time ago . I started all my posts with the first half of the topic in the title like you . To draw them in with curiosity . So they just had to read more to see what the rest of the sentence was . Until I had to go back and search titles . I found that mine were the only ones i couldn't figure out . Until I clicked on them . Lol

Don't know if you

Between acetatepdb1

pdb1 wrote
on 29 Oct 2015 at 6:07 PM

see my plea in the forum . I apologize for putting you on front street . But you were the first thing I thought of . If you can help . Be my / our guest . 
  Thanx 
  Paul

pdb1 wrote
on 29 Oct 2015 at 7:59 PM

I guess that was a resounding no . Ok . 

pdb1 wrote
on 29 Oct 2015 at 11:27 PM

Thank you for responding Ace . I messaged Charlie and told him you were on it . Now you probably know that mobile and tablet users often turn off their notifications when playing to save battery and other interference . So hopefully he will see either your forum post or my message to him and eventually reply . Who knows he may already be asleep . He may have figured out the issue and not check back in for a week . You just need to know the different variables . Especially when trying to communicate with mobile users . This is where your patience will be needed .
  Thanx again . .

acetate wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 12:44 AM

I wouldn't leave you hanging when you ask for anything. That's not how we work.
The app differs from the desktop. It has less features and the layout is different. It can be confusing at first if you are a longtime desktop user.
Ping me if Charlie is still having a problem.

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 1:12 AM

Thx for help Paul.  Look fwd to hearing from Ace.  Looks like my problems are all Ipad related.  I loaded my MacbookPro and wow!  Did I see a lot more different things I could not understand b4.  Now, I must make time to learn all new intracacies if I decide to switch.  Oh, isn't life grand?
Charlie

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 1:18 AM

I'm glad for that Ace . Thank you . But believe me I've been left hanging dozens and dozens of times . IDK if you and Charlie have talked . I found his response under his original post in this thread  CTTH Bracket # 26 . When I originally moved it , I intended to then delete it but I guess I didn't . 

acetate wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 10:01 AM

Thanks for the link Paul. I will follow up with Charlie directly.

acetate wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 10:05 AM

What's Charlie's username?

acetate wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 10:07 AM

Never mind. I found him.

tournaments

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 2:42 PM

Two items.
First, how do you setup alternating shot tournaments? I cannot find them in the tournament creation tool.
Second, how do you feel about a club tour for next year?

• A setup akin to the Pro Tour.
  • We can work out the number of events.
  • Have the four major championships.
  • Possibly I could convince you to create the trophies for both the major events and the overall championship.
  • I can create photos of the winners receiving their large checks after each event.
  • Broadcast the championship matches for the major events using Twitch. We would have an open audio line where our members could interact during these games.

These are just my initial thoughts. What is your opinion on this?
- ace

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 7:49 PM

I think this is a good creative Idea . I also think that many members would support it . As long as they didn't have to lift a finger and we held their hand through every event , and handed the rest to them on a silver platter . I am not even joking . That is the way it will feel when trying to manage an event anything more than they already do by routine . I am not even being cynical . I think it has a chance to work . but i am just warning you that what I described will only be scratching the surface of what entails in an event as you have suggested . 

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 7:51 PM

You could try posting it to the forum . I would include a little more detail . And be prepared to answer some questions . I think . See what kind of feed back you get .

acetate wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 8:22 PM

We have never stated this explicitly so I shall do so now. I intend to run everything by you before making any posts.
I have two reasons for this:

1. I don't want you to be blindsided by anything I started. What's the saying, *** runs down hill? At VOTSCC we have managed to reverse that theory as our *** runs uphill to you. The good news about that is we have a better chance hitting you going uphill.
  2. You have the experience and knowledge. I can learn more than the game of golf from you.

I hear you about the members. Even knowing that I will move forward as I want to make this the best CC by far. You have done so much for this club Paul. I just want to help.

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 8:44 PM

Well your attitude and excitement and approach are all very welcome and something I see very little of anywhere in WGT . It is almost too good to be true . As I am very aware that you could vanish just as quickly as you arrived . I am hoping not . This could be fun an interesting and educational for both . As I have been stuck in a high speed whirling routine here for some time . A break in the action to focus on something else is needed and welcome .

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 8:48 PM

not that i have any idea what i meant by what i just said . My point is that the only times lately that it looked like my routine might be changing are the times I have considered throwing in the towel and saying fck it to the CC and to WGT as well . This is a better direction than that .

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 8:53 PM

I respect that you have decided to run things by me first . That is fine . Not really necessary . because I kind of like the notion or element of surprise that i could get as i read a shocking but bold and ground breaking new post from you for the first time that rocks my socks and tests my faith and self control . Lol . Jk . not . i'm just having fun . While I can .

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 10:22 PM

First, how do you setup alternating shot tournaments? I cannot find them in the tournament creation tool.
  that is because it does not exist . match play format has not yet been available for CC tourney creation . many many thousands of members feel that at least an alt shot bracket should be made for CC enjoyment at least . the match play format is not going to be a popular or even desired format in CC's as they are not ranked rounds that would assist in your journey here to lower your average and scores . And move up in tier . 
  Here is a little thread I put together to help demonstrate just how different those formats are . Some had no idea .
                                                              9 SHADES OF GREY

pdb1
2,825 Posts
06-17-2015 10:36 PM
  Below there are 9 different match or game formats listed . These are all very fun and exellent formats for us to enjoy here at WGT . Each one of these formats would not be one that would have any way to record a round that would be able to a effect ones average in anyway .
( of course with the exception of match play rounds up to the level of Legend  . After which point would no longer have any effect one way or another , up or down on ones average ). 
  This is all correct ( above ) .
  I have been asked this question frequently . The above is the only way I can figure out to explain it .
  For instance . If one decided to play any one of those 9 formats for a period of say 1 year exclusively . During that year , said persons average would do nothing . Neither go up or go down .
  Does not affect me at all one way or another . 
 MATCH PLAY
MATCH PLAY CHALLENGE
ALTERNATE SHOT
BLITZ
BLITZ CHALLENGE
SKINS GAME
HOLE-IN-ONE CHALLENGES
CLOSEST-TO-THE-HOLE CHALLENGE
PRACTICE ROUNDS

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 10:48 PM

Here are some more you might find interesting .
TO PASS OR NOT TO PASS
MY INFORMATION IS CORRECT & GOOD STUFF TO KNOW
 ARE CC TOURNEYS RANKED ? AND DO THEY COUNT ?
SINGLE PLAYER UNLIMITED PLAY FACTS
IDK IF E 1 REALIZES HOW LONG 
A BRIEF RUN DOWN FROM ME .
VOTSCC FRIENDS GOT IT LIKE THAT
XP's are not a priority and never will be .
Signs you're doing things right. . .

Last edited by Paul on Thu 06 May 2021, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed 25 Nov 2020, 4:49 pm

A live ...

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 4:19 PM

... Star challenge.
Possibly we could broadcast a live challenge on the weekends with a full audio hookup for the members?
I played in a simulation baseball league for years. We would have events where the members came together in a audio enabled event. While we chat back and forth on the forum, hearing voices and associating them to a person helps build team morale and camaraderie.
- ace

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 4:40 PM

Yes Ace . Before I started the CC . I had hooked into Skype for playing in WGT . I can't say I was nuts about it but there was a cool little circle of players we would Skype with . And I know there are many other Audio programs like team speak and also things like Zello and the like .
  So when I started the CC . I would post and suggest and ask for feedback . Lol the most I got back was . "You shouldn't have to talk to someone to be able to enjoy your golf game " or something like that several times . It has been in the last couple of years that I have come to discover that there are many people that would rather die than talk to someone . And lucky me gets them all together in the same CC at the same time . I have probably mentioned Skype 40 or 50 times and get nothing . I just downgraded my computer ( to Win 7 ) I havn't put Skype back on it yet . But no hurry . You are welcome to give it a shot . There have been several times where there was a subject I couldn't get boo out of . As soon as someone else suggests it . It all of a sudden becomes a gr8 idea . Lol .

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 4:43 PM

" Possibly we could broadcast a live challenge on the weekends with a full audio hookup for the members?
I played in a simulation baseball league for years. We would have events where the members came together in a audio enabled event. While we chat back and forth on the forum, hearing voices and associating them to a person helps build team morale and camaraderie. "
  There are people that get into that sort of stuff for sure . Not these CC members . i wouldn't even be into any live broadcasting . 

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 4:53 PM

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Star%20challenge_zpsqcagfrc0

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 4:56 PM

just kidding , it looks so out of place . Unless you wanted to broadcast Magic Star challenges . No one would go for that . Skip and i are the only ones that even play the challenge . I bump it all the time .

acetate wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 8:29 PM

Wow. I guess I shouldn't be surprised now that I think through it all. You have one hell of a time convincing people to pretend they know about the CC forum. I can see where convincing them to talk with each other will be harder than bringing peach to the middle east.

pdb1 wrote
on 30 Oct 2015 at 8:36 PM

and knowing this I still continue to always stay optimistic . Hoping that it will all still click for them at some point . Triggering a massive AHA moment . Lol . In my dreams . 

acetate wrote
on 31 Oct 2015 at 12:25 PM

I've learned while carrying around a pocket full of incurable illnesses that have slowly stripped away my mental and physical abilities is that if you give up hope the game is over.
Every time I receive bad news I pause, look at my lie, then tell myself that this is the only shot I have. So I step up and hit the ball.
Usually it ends up in the sand trap, which leads my to yet another triple bogey but that's another story.

pdb1 wrote
on 31 Oct 2015 at 12:58 PM

At least you can blame it on something

Is everyone ...

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 31 Oct 2015 at 1:54 PM

... here primarily to raise their levels in a chase for the next higher tier? While I'm not saying that's a bad thing it does shape our CC. I myself would be happy to be part of your CC playing at the pro tier for the rest of my life. One where we have great tournaments. Fun tournaments. Where we can laugh and live for the love of the game.
I want to try some of the events I wrote you about. At the same time I don't want to toss a thread onto the forum only to step back and only hear the crickets.

pdb1 wrote
on 31 Oct 2015 at 3:05 PM

well,my friend . did you read anything about the " VOTSCC KICK ASS TOURS " WEEKEND  MULTYPLAYER ALL TIERS ALL FORMATS TOURNEYS THAT I HOSTED 18 OF ? iF NOT PLEASE DO . BECAUSE THOSE ARE NOT OUT OF THE PICTURE FOR ME . WE WOULD NT WANT TO BITE OFF MORE THAN WE COULD CHEW . MAYBE A LITTLE OF BOTH . 
  NEXT TIME WE THINK WE NEED TO START PLANNING SOME DETAILS WE WILL GO TO THE CHAT SO WE CAN ACTUALLY PRETEND BETTER .

acetate wrote
on 31 Oct 2015 at 6:23 PM

What I didn't add is that I know we still need to provide that foundation where our club members can pursue their goals of becoming the best players they can be.
If only I had access to a sage golf legend. Someone that understands WGT country clubs and has a unquenchable thirst for being ignored by club members.

pdb1 wrote
on 01 Nov 2015 at 12:22 AM

Gee I wouldn't know where to find anyone with that level of intel and depth . I guess we will remain virtually  lost .
 here primarily to raise their levels in a chase for the next higher tier? While I'm not saying that's a bad thing it does shape our CC. I myself would be happy to be part of your CC playing at the pro tier for the rest of my life. One where we have great tournaments. Fun tournaments. Where we can laugh and live for the love of the game.

the main difference here Ace is that from the very start . Until recently I had run 100% of every task and feature , tournament and event  taking special care to maintain parity and fun , challenges , skills , amusement , variety ,goals , rewards , & awards , education , information . Because that was about all I could handle by myself . It wasn't until recently I took Rob and Jim up on their offers to assist . The three of us didn't even know what they could do to contribute . On their own they slowly developed the tourney system that we enjoy now . Which immediately made an huge impact by taking that burden away from me . For a year and ahalf I was completely absorbed in some inner workings that should never have had to consume me to the degree that they did . the situation was that the status quo dictated that the current members of the CC would not play CC tourneys on their own . Not if I would ask them to . Would not respond to any message or email or multimedia program that used to attempt contact . This was made even harder with no ability to message all members . My PM messaging did not work . What that left me was posting messages to each and every members walls individually one at a time again and again and again up to 5 to 15 times for at that time 80 members . Yes sir what you read is astounding . At different periods of time I eventually after hand delivering 15 messages to each members walls . I went ahead and deleted 56 members in one sitting the first time . then 43 , then 35 , 31 , 26 , 22 , 18 . I now only remove 3 , 4 , or 5 at a time .
  Having to rethink my expectations goals and direction for what I thought  a CC needed was a never ending modification . So I made playing in CC tourneys and communication mandatory priorities for me and attempted to influence those two things exclusively . i certainly could not ask more . And I would not accept less . This was also made much harder because i am so fair and forgiving and optimistic that it would only be a short period of time before they would all see the light and realize how easy and right I was . Lol how is that working out for you Paul ? 
  Well it wasn't . But I did not give up . and lo and behold it started to get noticeably better . Not to anyone else but me .right about then is when i asked Rob and Jim in . With them enabling me some freedom from that angle . my next goal was to reduce and eventually eliminating the need to monitor and or check members profiles and urge , plea , suggest , remind , and eventually giving them an ultimatem . to participate or else . 
  Finally I accomplished that . I noticed that according to each members schedule . Each and every one of them was playing on some sort of consistent basis . By my definition of participation and Websters I had achieved 100% participation .Even though that was only one accomplishment and only half of my goal . That is big . Willing to bet that by my definition and standards and percentage justification . This was a very rare occurrence in a WGT CC . IDK if it has ever happened IDC either . 
  So now it was time to focus on communication . That proved to be tougher than shyt . Along the way I removed some of the top and highest XP contributors . With 100,000 , 150,000 , 175,000 , 200,000 many times because they refused to communicate and would not listen to me telling them that it was more important than their silent XP's. Still to this day only after many warnings and lectures . With no response . I have no problem removing anyone that doesn't want to respect that . 
  So back to the original point I started to make . Which was to assure you that after participation and communication . The inner efforts to provide that ultimate CC experience with all the factors of fun and challenges and information and bonding , and experience camaraderie , respect , education have never ceased to be priorities to a very select few that enable these very valuable base structures to at least attempt to be there . Therefore appearing all the time that it is ever present . Which means that those foundations are here as well . 
  Ace there is so much more bullshyt than I have time for right now . But I assure you . We are on the right track . With what the few of us have to work with . We are doing amazingly well by WGT standards . And they are the only game in town . So standards can only go up from here .

acetate wrote
on 01 Nov 2015 at 6:04 PM

I believe you. That's why I'm here. To be part of the wonderful environment you have created and to help you where you need me.
That's why I said I would run everything past you first. That is respect for you. That is also because I know that you have a better understanding of how and why things work than I will ever have.

Last edited by Paul on Thu 06 May 2021, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed 25 Nov 2020, 5:20 pm

Help me ...

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 31 Oct 2015 at 7:13 PM

... Mr. Wizard.
Can you select / arrange with an opponent through the WGT MAIN MENU PLAY THE GAME? For example could I select to play you and only you using the WGT PLAY THE GAME?
Would that method allow us to create alternate shot, skins games, etc?

pdb1 wrote
on 31 Oct 2015 at 9:18 PM

Absolutely Yes . Two of the best features provided on this whole site . The join a game . And the create a game . Both are excellent for mant reasons . Let me show you . On the game client screen below . You would chose multiplayer . You get the drop down menu with only those two features . Join or Create . Chose create for this tutorial .
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Game%20client%20join%20or%20create_zpsomjtzkvz
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Stroke%20play%20option_zpsesxavg49
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Match%20play%20tier%20up%20at%20least%20on_zpsqdvxivp3
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Add%20friends_zpsaiwnpt8f
  I used these join and create features almost exclusively my first 3 years .  Join a game more so . Pick the course the holes
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Finf%20a%20game_zpsf8iauraa
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Search%20spinner_zps0cs09usq
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Bingo_zpsmpxy3jit
  There you go you have joined other looking to join a game . You being on top means it is set with your choices to join a game . This is extremely good experience . To se if you can step up and perform like you have been trying to improve on your own in the unlimited CC tourneys . This is the test . What you have been working toward . And 99% of the time you wil not have ever seen or heard of the opponents before . That also makes it interesting and challenging . At one point I had 1100 friends on my friends list . And I could easily have had 7000 . But I had a little self control . All the while knowing that beventually I would be forced to trim my friends list to 255 and keep it there as that is the limit for the PM messaging to work . And believe me it goes nuts with higher #'s . I had become a CC owner and needed the connection to my members .

pdb1 wrote
on 31 Oct 2015 at 9:24 PM

in the 4th and fifth screens down you will need to magnify your window to see the text in yellow . If you are uable to do that I will redo it so you can see it .

acetate wrote
on 01 Nov 2015 at 12:35 AM

Thanks. I understand now. I walked through one on my own.
Is there a way that I could play with four members from our CC? This looks like it is always going to be three random players. What if I wanted to invite you to play alternate shot against two others? Or select three members that are available from our CC? It would be nice if I could create a game that is private then send a link to three of my friends.
I'm still looking for a way to have an alternate shot tournament with only club members. If I could setup private games with an ID # or by using my name others in our club could join, well then I would have what I'm looking to do.

pdb1 wrote
on 01 Nov 2015 at 12:42 AM

THE FOURTH SCREEN DOWN DECRIBES EXACTLY THASOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Add%20friends_zpsbyec8ee1

acetate wrote
on 01 Nov 2015 at 12:43 AM

Never mind Paul. I answered my own question by creating a game. I saw where I could select to invite specific friends.
With that I could manually create tournaments for our club. Let me noodle on that for the night. I'm going to attempt to get back to sleep. Parkinson's is a ***. But then, so is putting. SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Icon_smile

pdb1 wrote
on 01 Nov 2015 at 12:47 AM

Oops . this screen above . Those are your friends ( mine ) . I asked you to magnify those to see the yellow text that I uncharacteristically made too small . That is how Myself , Kevin , Skip , Brian , azdewars , the Mavity's , etc, etc . Invite each other every day . And the same way you will soon be doing it as well .

pdb1 wrote
on 01 Nov 2015 at 12:54 AM

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Add%20friends_zpswbxga5fv

acetate wrote
on 01 Nov 2015 at 6:10 PM

Thanks Paul.

update

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 01 Nov 2015 at 6:09 PM

I will most likely be out of communication for all of tomorrow. Every fourth Monday I have an infusion to manage the spread of tumors throughout my body.
That infusion will leave me with a wicked hangover for Tuesday and part of Wednesday. Subsiding just in time for my weekly antibody infusion on Thursday.
Hope you are well.

pdb1 wrote
on 01 Nov 2015 at 7:04 PM

Well if there is anyway for you to have a good day . By all means , do so .
  See you when you feel well enough .. 
  I are well

Ideas ...

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 2:02 PM

... that are spilling out of my head.
What happened to us in the CC vs CC challenge? It looks like we took a beating. Was the other CC that much better? Are we just not use to match play and didn't play well because of that?
If it is a lack of person vs person competition do we need to host some VOTSCC match play tournaments to prepare ourselves for the next challenge?

acetate wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 2:10 PM

Another idea. My feeling is that while we are only 50 members, many of us know little about each other. One way we could address this issue would be to hos alternating shot tournaments where members are required to play.
Start with 16 members. Their names are drawn at random. They are paired up randomly. Those that are not drawn for the first 16 are the pool from which the next 16 are pulled. As we work through all members we start over.
This way while the burden isn't too demanding, we get the members to start mingling. Hopefully this is found to be enjoyable. From there we can introduce different types of tournaments, drawing from your list of, what was it, 9 shades of grey?
We could use Challonge to run the tournaments. Thoughts?

pdb1 wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 5:34 PM

Lol Gee What an idea . SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Default13 DETAILS AND PROCEDURES FOR SIGNING UP , AND CHECKING IN , AND PLAYING THE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY BRACKET TOURNEYS
  Have you read that ? After that I will show you more . how about this ,
 http://challonge.com/brnw1c7y
 could change it to match play . But it is still too soon too much to learn .
  We will talk more . Everything you said is spot on . It is just much easier said than done .

pdb1 wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 5:38 PM

try not to laugh too hard . I know you have a hang over .

pdb1 wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 5:42 PM

When I did start the tourneys up again . I asked the veterans to assist with helping the first timers . It ended up being the impatient bull headed veterans that quit and spoiled the tournament . This has to be guaranteed not to happen before I will attempt it again .

pdb1 wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 5:47 PM

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/5HugpV1bDS

pdb1 wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 5:49 PM

Although it is a very real tournament . I was dreaming . So consider it a mock tourney for your benefit .

pdb1 wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 5:55 PM

There are several  schools of thought for setting up match play tournaments . 
  1) Pairing up equal and similar tiers in a fair manner .
  2) Setting up each individual match in practice mode so that the green speed can be chosen by the opponents in unequal matches .
  3) Randomly seeding all entrants , you get what you got . ( not recommended ) 

pdb1 wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 5:57 PM

I hate not being able to edit these fcking PM's. Just add on page after page after ....................................................................................................................................................................

pdb1 wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 6:07 PM

What happened to us in the CC vs CC challenge? It looks like we took a beating. Was the other CC that much better? Are we just not use to match play and didn't play well because of that?
  Just unlucky . Everyone of the matches could have gone the other way . The worse deficit was Kevin + 4 and he is our best . Matchplay is like that . I have 600 match games in my opponent only had a few . I lost .

pdb1 wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 6:16 PM

many of us know little about each other.
  I / we have already provided the opportunities and platforms for this to happen . It is entirely depended on each members initiative to friend another member and be sure and find some extra or leisure time that you can waste and invite ( successfully ) and play often enough to get to know . Then the next member , and so on . Currently there are inside of 10 of us that play multi player matches fairly regularly . Some weeks once or twice a day . Some weeks not even once . Most seem to prefer alt shot as their social round of choice . Which is not a counted round . Where as a multi player stroke match does count . Blah blah blah . and so on .

acetate wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 7:31 PM

What are the odds out of the millions of WGT players that I found you. I consider myself incredibly lucky Paul. I appreciate you sharing your knowledge and insight not only of the game but the people within the game.
Your CC, which I know is a nearly constant torn in your side, has been a refuge for me. It has returned a spark to my life. That's all on you. So no matter what crap happens to you at work or from the rest of your members, you saved one guy.
Thank you Paul.

acetate wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 7:34 PM

Do you think we could find a time to play a game? I would like trying all of the different formats if you wouldn't mind. Just so I can familiarize myself with the process. My Parkinson's makes it difficult to figure things out the first time.

acetate wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 7:40 PM

Lol Gee What an idea . SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Default13 DETAILS AND PROCEDURES FOR SIGNING UP , AND CHECKING IN , AND PLAYING THE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY BRACKET TOURNEYS

I did read this and even look into your tournament setup at challonge. If there is a trophy for most forum threads and messages read I should win.
All of this looks crazy cool. When I look back at that run of tournaments you had I wish I had been part of all that.

acetate wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 7:40 PM

That's it for me tonight. I'm exhausted. Talk to you tomorrow.

pdb1 wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 7:45 PM

All of this looks crazy cool. When I look back at that run of tournaments you had I wish I had been part of all that.
  it was the ultimate for me . See you tomorrow .

Last edited by Paul on Thu 06 May 2021, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed 25 Nov 2020, 5:22 pm

The VOTSCC website

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 29 Oct 2015 at 4:05 PM

What did you have in mind when you created the VOTSCC website? What did you hope it would become? How did you believe it would be used?
Thanks Paul.

pdb1 wrote
on 29 Oct 2015 at 6:58 PM

I will touch a little on that massive subject now . Not too long after I created my version of a usable forum . I started participating in some very exciting multiplayer weekend tournaments . They were called " FLASH MOB " Hosted by another CC owner . These were open invitation 32 man bracket tourneys that drew people from all over WGT . They played in stroke , match , and alt shot formats . Played in WGT by the invite system . Hosted through the ladder bracket site http://challonge.com/ . Challonge is hooked up with WGT and recognizes WGT usernames through their invite system making it very easy for WGTers to register in challonge and enter the brackets . This was the shyt . Everyone had a blast . After a time they slowly faded into obscurity for a number of reasons . Not the least of which being the all to familiar inability to get some biotch WGT members to follow directions and follow through with a commitment to a tournament as is necessary for complete success and completion . 
  So I decided to give it a shot . I did it in CC and had GR* turnouts and success I hosted almost 20 tournaments in a row . Every Saturday and Sunday for months .
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" CHALLONGE%20A_zpswy9nanxv
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" CHALLONGE%20B_zpstzkuvpdm
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" CHALLONGE%20C_zpsx2bitqpp
  Some more successful than others . But overall a complete joy for me and a complete success . 
  There were a number of reasons that they finally met their demise . Most prominently was a glitch in WGT called " The Invisible  Invite " that infected and effected everyone . Making invites virtually invisible on either the receiving or the sending end . Occurring mostly on peak usage times on the weekends and holidays throughout WGT effecting thousands of members and creating quite a stir . Lol . Our tourneys ended but not for that reason alone . many participants became impatient and belligerent . And not willing to follow strict tournament procedures to the T . Something absolutely essential to the the success and completion of every event . 
  Even with the new addition of the embedded brackets on Page 3  of the website . Which once the tournament started would be live and visible to all participants who would all be gathered in the chat room just below the bracket . 
  Previous to this embedded bracket addition . The protocol for these types of tournaments would be for the participants to either wait in the chatroom for instructions from the host for every match up , course , and round . Or click back and forth from the bracket in the challonge website to the chatroom . . Having the embedded bracket right above everyones head eliminated so much confusion . 
  But that all ended anyway . And so does Chapter 1 .

pdb1 wrote
on 29 Oct 2015 at 7:07 PM

this would have been my first thoughts and would preface all things .

the website is for the use and enjoyment of all . But mainly as VOTSCC's free for all to use website . Slowly incorporating its many awesome forum features into VOTSCC's go to place for chat , tutorials , information technology and computer fixes , how to's , replays , hall of fames , bloopers , jokes , tips and tricks , matches and whatever else this well made , user friendly , has everything that wgt doesn't  , open to all to join whether or not you belong to VOTSCC are welcome to use the free chat room ( as wgt does not provide this ) for anything you may desire . I'm just sayin .

pdb1 wrote
on 29 Oct 2015 at 7:35 PM

I could go on and on about all my trials and tribulations in the website . but you can find those on your own in various postings in the website . 
  At this time . The only plan I have for the website is to continue putting any kind of information that I find whether it be golf or non golf related . Something I agree with or something I don't agree with . As it has no other use . Has no activity . Has no interest to anyone period . Except myself of course . 
  The site was recently threatened for deletion by a moderator at forumotion support . After it was discovered that i was violating " The Terms of Service " of this website . I had a forum filled with comical and questionable content . Some nudity . Nothing exploiting or X rated but none the less , considered pornographic , questionable to the forum providers . 
  This revelation took me completely by surprise as I was under the impression I could post anything I pleased . Not the case at all . So in the interest of preserving the massive amount of what I consider to be irreplaceable information I have entered here . I complied and removed all of the questionable content . Hopefully satisfying the " Terms of Service " and securing this forum from deletion . 

acetate wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 1:59 PM

I went out and looked at page 3 of the VOTSCC website. Seriously cool.
At the same time I understand your frustration with the site. Much like the CC itself, if our members don't acknowledge and participate in them they are a thankless, PITA, non-paying occupation.
Here's a question for you. Now that I have an understanding of what the WGT offers in the way of alternative tournaments, I want to try one out. I have looked over challonge.com. It has some wicked tools (and I've just started to look through their API).
How do you recommend I proceed? Do I go on a campaign in our WGT CC forum to sell members on the idea or do I just setup the first one with a small number of entries and announce it to our members?

pdb1 wrote
on 03 Nov 2015 at 10:20 PM

what the WGT offers in the way of alternative tournaments,
  WGT offers nothing . It would be Our tourney using a challonge bracket , playing in WGT . 
I will explain more tomorrow .
WYSIWYG 
 The only affiliation WGT has with Challonge is the registered username can be linked to an email notification . However Challonge has trouble with the email invitation system and it sometimes does not work .

I am not sure

Between acetatepdb1

pdb1 wrote
on 04 Nov 2015 at 7:11 PM

I am not sure the other members won't agree with you . I am not sure quite how to take that . I can laugh at anything for I am numb and dumb and old and i am nearing the end of my rope .
  On the other hand if in fact you have taken that post as if it were meant for you making you one of the more than 30 non responsive members . Then things are much worse than I thought and i will certainly contemplate just forgetting this whole thing .
  Then there also is the chance that it was just done to mock me as though you were the voice of those I do not hear from . Then too I would be surprised  .
  But had I thought about it  before i saw that post . I would have thought . Maybe 1 of those exremely special members that post , reply , suggest , make jokes , friend , invite , show respect , passion , love for the CC . The ones that know I am not talking about or to them . Which of course Acetate being near the top of that list . Being so prolific as he is . Will think of something intelligent to say that will make sense to them . Because it is way obvious that I don't .

pdb1 wrote
on 04 Nov 2015 at 7:19 PM

In fact . With your permission . I would like to delete it . Immediately . Before too many others see it . 

pdb1 wrote
on 04 Nov 2015 at 7:25 PM

What does a man have to do to receive credit for posting?
  After looking at it from every angle I can . I must tell you . I did not expect that from you . Or frankly anyone . 
  Posting is just one part of a big problem in this CC . I either change the entire way I think . Change all of my goals and hopes . Or I quit . Or I removed another shyt load of members . I just don't feel like doing that anymore .

pdb1 wrote
on 04 Nov 2015 at 7:30 PM

Nevermind . I all of a sudden see it entirely innocent from you and I was having a brain fart . I apologize . I am pissed at those other guys and it blinded me momentarily . I apologize to you . Buy I am still fed up and searching for an impactive answer .

pdb1 wrote
on 04 Nov 2015 at 7:32 PM

Dementia likely .

acetate wrote
on 04 Nov 2015 at 8:21 PM

Sorry. I meant no disrespect. When you are alone by yourself all the time my communication skills get tweaked.
Sorry skip. I meant you no disrespect in any way.

acetate wrote
on 04 Nov 2015 at 8:32 PM

My message was intended to support your frustrations, not add to them. It was suppose to mock those that don't participate, not to mock you for working to obtain their interest.
I have modified those messages just in case like you the others take it the wrong way. I'm on your side. Always. In the future I will make it clear to the others that is where I stand.
Sorry Paul. Please accept my apology.

acetate wrote
on 04 Nov 2015 at 8:38 PM

Let me work on a way to get them off their butts and participate. Honestly that is why I post just goofy posts like the golf glove thread today. Hoping that someone will respond, leading to another jumping in and soon we have a couple page thread. Possibly I'm being too optimistic.

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Acetat11acetate wrote
on 04 Nov 2015 at 8:39 PM

Remember, there is 40% of the CC that is so happy to be here. They participate. They appreciate what you do.

acetate wrote
on 04 Nov 2015 at 8:40 PM

I'm closing for tonight. Tomorrow I have 8 needles stuck into my 6 pack abs for 4 hours. I can hardly wait.

pdb1 wrote
on 04 Nov 2015 at 8:54 PM

I know I know. A momentary lapse of reason . my bad . I / we are over it . Be strong tomorrow my friend . The glove thread was gr8 . the link was questionable . I think I was more looking at it from the view of these idiot silent members who likely have not even heard of you before . Them not knowing you and I have got to know each other so well would look at it as a smart ass reply and find it funny . I think . i may be wrong . But I know you are cool and I totally see that it was harmless from your point of view .

I'd like to run with this. Thoughts?

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 05 Nov 2015 at 6:16 PM

What pair of our fellow club members will claim the Valley of the Sun Casual Club Best of the Alternate Shot Championship? Who will have the bragging rights?

The specifics of this tournament are as follows:

• This is an alternate shot format.
  • It is limited to 16 entries that will make up 8 teams of 2.
  • There will be three rounds. 

• Each round will be played within a single week.
    • Each round will be an 18 hole, single play match.
    • The first round will have 8 teams playing 4 matches on the Best of the Par 4 course.
    • The second round will have 4 teams playing 2 matches on the Best of the Famous Holes course.
    • The third round will have 2 teams playing for the championship on the Best of the Hardest Holes course.

All details and progress on this tournament will appear solely within this thread. This is necessary since WGT does not provide for alternate shot tournaments at the country club level.

Good luck and let’s make this a successful start to a new type of tournaments here at the VOTSCC.

pdb1 wrote
on 06 Nov 2015 at 12:19 AM

Yes . You may run with it . I will sign up and support and encourage .
  Paul

pdb1 wrote
on 06 Nov 2015 at 12:28 AM

How are you going to handle the parity of the match ups . If 2 Masters play 2 legends the default green speed will be Tournament 12  The Masters won't have a chance .
  Your alternative is hand make and select every pairing to even it out . ie;
  Tour Legend  & Master vs Legend & Tour master . The default greenspeed will be Championship 13 . And 3 players will not be able to putt 
  The only real fair way to do it is to have all matches played in practice mode . So the slower greenspeeds can be chosen for the lower tiers that are matched up with higher tiers .

acetate wrote
on 06 Nov 2015 at 2:58 PM

Correct me here if I'm wrong. If I setup an alternate shot game the following settings are locked:

• Game Mode - Scored
  • Hole Locations
  • Tees
  • Green Speed
  • Wind

Doesn't this mean that everyone regardless of tier will be golfing at the same settings?

pdb1 wrote
on 06 Nov 2015 at 3:36 PM

Every setting will remain as you have chosen . Until a higher tier enters the scenario . Their green speed automatically trumps the original default of your tier . And consequently if another higher tier than the last one enters the match his trumps the last . And all lower tiers in that match are forced to play at the much faster green speed that they have not mastered yet . 
  I had a feeling you didn't exactly know that yet . This goes for match play and stroke play . Not sure if there is a reason that makes that unavoidable in this WGT program . It would make sense that there was some reason to that effect . Or it likely wouldn't be that way . 
  But there are ways to even the odds . But is also the reason that there isn't more popularity in these formats .
  THAT'S FCKED UP HUH ?

pdb1 wrote
on 06 Nov 2015 at 3:48 PM

For instance as match play would be a very popular format . As it was at first for the first several years the exclusive format . I have met members with up to 15,000 rounds of match play played before they introduced stroke play and ranked rounds . 
  Once that occurred . The match play became inconsequential as it didn'y make sense to play it if it didn't count . 
  So that is the reason that up until the Legend level , any tier member that plays a scored match play round against another higher tier and wins . There is a mega average reduction boost on your average . That the reward for beating a higher tier that is supposed to be better . And beating him at his much faster green speed . Which makes the odds of you winning very low . So like i said . That is one of if not the fastest way to tier up . Is to challenge tier members above your own to a match play round  and win . Other than that scenario match play does not effect anyones average if played against a member o a lower tier , or the same tier , or once legend level has been reached .

on 06 Nov 2015 at 6:20 PM

Who at WGT thinks that this makes sense? You could make the case for everything stays exactly as configured for the tournament. You could have a configuration that would set the green speed and the tee location based upon the player's tier. That would be nice as it would be an effective handicap system.
But just changing the green speed to match the highest skilled entry? That is crazy.
What bothers me most is that none of this is a programming thing. Implementing any combination should be minimal work.

acetate wrote
on 06 Nov 2015 at 6:23 PM

If I'm understanding you correctly, if I were to go out and challenge a legend in match play and beat them I could expect my average to change substantially? If I was on and got the breaks where my opponent was off their game that would allow me to move up quickly? Why wouldn't I go out and challenge people higher than me every night in match play?

acetate wrote
on 06 Nov 2015 at 6:27 PM

Am I correct that in the tournaments we setup for VOTSCC, the reason that the green speed doesn't change is because we are not playing against each other at the same time?

ready go tournaments

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 06 Nov 2015 at 6:39 PM

Is my math bad or is the house taking 20% of the proceeds for themselves? They aren't doing anything yet they take 20%?
Don't take me wrong, I'm all for companies making a profit. It is just the magnitude that WGT has displayed. Is it not enough that in a 50 person ready go tournaments WGT would take that much in ball usage. They want another 20%? Wow.

pdb1 wrote
on 07 Nov 2015 at 3:56 PM

Yes you read it right . Ya and the CC XP debacle . The %'s for that . It's like printin money . They create a free pass that if used properly can help generate XP's . The likelyhood of the free pass to be used properly much less effectively is certain to be small to none . So when the member sees that the free pass failed and his XP's are going up like he wants . It is now time to purchased 10 , 20 , or 30 passes in a row to finally get those XP .s . WGT can count on this because the hook is addicting . so this is a daily occurrence by 10's of thousands of players . Probably more . I calculated 1.5 million per week in that 1 event . Yes it is mind blowing the %'s on return of no investment .

pdb1 wrote
on 07 Nov 2015 at 3:59 PM

above a couple corrections 
                                                                                                                             not   
. So when the member sees that the free pass failed and his XP's are  ^   going up like he wants

Where I would ...

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 07 Nov 2015 at 6:34 PM

... like to help is working on alternative tournaments and events. The club tour we discussed. Those non-standard tournaments outside the work of Jim and Rob.
I know this may sound crazy but I would rather not have a technology title. It took me years to come to terms with how my illnesses changed my life. To be able to leave behind what I was and what I lost.
So what do you call me? It doesn't matter. As you said it is as much for fun. Make me the looper for the VOTSCC, or whatever else you think right.

pdb1 wrote
on 07 Nov 2015 at 6:52 PM

OOPS I will change it immediately . Had no idea . I apologize . Must suck to be steriotyped . Lol .
  Ok I changed it . All good ? ALL GOOD >

acetate wrote
on 07 Nov 2015 at 7:11 PM

Thank you.
Not just for that. You have helped me reconnect with life. The members of our club, those that are truly involved, with you being the ringmaster, have given me something to look forward to and smile about again. The is no possible way to say thank you enough for that.

pdb1 wrote
on 07 Nov 2015 at 7:21 PM

I know this Ace . It is incredible the connection that can be made here . I am very happy to have been able to help .

OOPS

Between acetatepdb1

pdb1 wrote
on 09 Nov 2015 at 6:45 PM

OOPS .. Harmless , meaningless mistaken , forgivable , ancient history . Okay bud ? I hope . Because we are strong like that . I do try to avoid things like that . it is not as though I am insensitive . It was not a good idea for me to do . I am sorry . Minor forty niner . Even when I wrote it . I knew i was wrong . For some reason I said it anyway . I think maybe it was a test Ace . Because there are times when I do step up a little drama hoping the other party can hang and play or fight back . Please do not think that i was disrespecting you or that I really do think you could or would fabricate something like that . I am losing mt mind Ace . So please bare with me . 
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" 1061639521
  Feel better now ? 
  Paul

acetate wrote
on 09 Nov 2015 at 7:02 PM

I'm LMAO. You didn't even bruise me on that post. I thought it was funny. And I'm with you, there needs to be some tussling just to keep things alive and to make people want to be part of the forum.
Where did you find that graphic? It cracks me up.

pdb1 wrote
on 09 Nov 2015 at 7:12 PM

Right on . Bro . What a relief . I am so fcking tired of those whiny ass entitled , sensitive WGT biotches . You have found a good home my friend . And I mean that and I cherish it .

pdb1 wrote
on 09 Nov 2015 at 7:13 PM

Hey when do you want to play a round ?

Last edited by Paul on Thu 06 May 2021, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed 25 Nov 2020, 5:23 pm

email addresses

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 08 Nov 2015 at 7:21 PM

Hey Paul, do we have a list of email addresses for our members?
BTW, how are you?

pdb1 wrote
on 08 Nov 2015 at 8:21 PM

I am fine . Did you receive a Newsletter ?
  Emails of course everyone submits an email when they register in WGT . As they use each function it enables notifications for each function in their emails . You know this already . So as I request registration in the website . It also requires an email . So yes I have an email address for every member of the CC and then some . Of course there are many members from other CC's in the website and some members not in a CC at all .
  But of course as admin I am entrusted to not release any personal information . So of course I would not do that .
  But prior to my acquiring the website . Being a CC owner I received emails from many members and PM's from friends . I think I mentioned to you that at one point I had over 1000 friends on my list . So I tried to do group emails from my gmail . But with so many emails and so many ex CC members , and then just WGT friends that had no reason to receive my emails . The list was in the hundreds and impossible to keep up to date . So that method did not work .
  Lol at that time . WGT's " message all members " was only available to owners . It did not work then . Then earlier this year WGT enabled more functions in CC's which included a feature for members to message all members . Lol . That did not work either . As far as I know . Have you tried it ?
   As I have indicated previously you are likely to join my admin here at some point . Why do you ask about the emails ? I can help with that . How many do you want to send ? To all CC members I suppose . Let me know what you have on you mind .

pdb1 wrote
on 08 Nov 2015 at 8:26 PM

do we have a list of email addresses for our members?
  Come on Ace . You can't play dumb with me . You know fcking well that those lists just aren't lying around somewhere . Lol . Just talk to me bro . I gotta trust you first . And then you will have access to all media functions .

pdb1 wrote
on 08 Nov 2015 at 8:38 PM

Real quickly here . I am sure you have all the fancy spread sheets and what not available to you for making your tournament and it's roster . 
  I use primitive methods for all mine , like Maxthon's Skynote , then copy and paste , or blank forms in photobucket . Writing , making , and editing in the website is another way . I could make a forum for your new tournament . You and , then them could just click on it and all the topics would be there as you created them . I will do that right now . Then I gotta make this weeks BLITZ scorecard .

pdb1 wrote
on 08 Nov 2015 at 8:43 PM

ACE'S " Best of the Alternate Shot Championship "

acetate wrote
on 08 Nov 2015 at 8:49 PM

You are probably going to slap me for this but here I go.
I'm trying to find a way to notify all of our members of my alternate shot tournament. Since many don't read the forum and my tournament doesn't show in the country club tournaments under the WGT game client there is roughly, what would you guess, 50+ percent of our CC that doesn't know it exists.
This is where you slap me, saying that it is too f#cking bad for them. I agree.
Still I want these tournaments to go. I know that I could PM each and every one of them individually. I was trying not to spend half my day doing so.
All that said I understand the privacy issue. I would be happy if the WGT contact members function worked or if we had a distribution list where members could email to the list without knowing the individual email address for every one.
I could setup a distribution list if you then wanted to load it with the emails, or is there already a similar feature on the VOTSCC website?

acetate wrote
on 08 Nov 2015 at 8:53 PM

I was planning on using Challonge for the brackets. I like what you did with your tournaments and Challonge. I would like to build upon that.
If you haven't figured it out yet I'm learning anything and everything you care to share.

acetate wrote
on 08 Nov 2015 at 8:57 PM

To answer one of your questions in this thread, yes I could develop crazy wicked pivot table spreadsheets that would let you look at our CC from any way imaginable.
My company use to do a lot of that with the solutions we delivered. Taking away the limits that client's IT departments created. Providing instant access to all data with the ability to slice and dice to your heart's content.

acetate wrote
on 08 Nov 2015 at 8:58 PM

Thanks for setting up the thread out on VOTSCC.

pdb1 wrote
on 08 Nov 2015 at 11:43 PM

Okay . I am used to people doing everything else but what I suggest . I was even going to gogle some other bracket generators for you . Who woulda thunk you were actually thinking of doing something I suggested like Challonge . Not I in a million years . Ok good deal then you are already well on your way .
  You never did answer me . Did you receive the newsletter ?
  "Thanks for setting up the thread out on VOTSCC."
  Your welcome . You aint seen nothin yet .
    Anyway I am hoping you received the newsletter . A feature in the website that allows group emailing . In specific groups . With delayed option that can be set for anytime in the future . Probably only good for New Years and birthday's . But there already is a birthday notification option that I could set to send a birthday greeting to a member . But no one enters their birthday . So that is useless .
  I have already told you that i am not at all schooled in anything forum  html , bbc , css , java script , wysiwyg , editing , etc . And what it makes worse is the forum makers are from the UK and their terminologies throw me off . Even if I knew the exact English description . That would only help me know what they were talking about . But I still wouldn't know how to utilize it . 

on 09 Nov 2015 at 8:20 AM

You gave me my first laugh of the day in your comment about the British terminology. I know exactly what you mean.
I did receive your newsletter. Cool deal. Have you been doing that for awhile? I would love to see just how many of our members that don't participate in the forums at least visit a specific thread after reading your newsletter.

pdb1 wrote
on 09 Nov 2015 at 11:33 AM

pdb1 

1:11 AM (10 hours ago)
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Cleardot

to me

I just noticed that you have not answered any of my PM's . You have not confirmed the newsletter either . *** . If that's the case ? I will only send you this bottom portion by email . And you will have no idea what I have instore for you . Lol . But you probably get this .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
acetate, pdb1 from "Valley of the Sun C C" - https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Okay . I am on lunch I have 2 minutes . You established that you received the newsletter , because I have enabled it . Did you receive any PM's from the site ? If you have then you already know the news . If you have not then we have a problem . See you in about 4 hours . 

pdb1 wrote
on 09 Nov 2015 at 7:49 PM

Have you been doing that for awhile?
  Yes at least once a week . Sometimes more . For most of 2015 .
 I would love to see just how many of our members that don't participate in the forums at least visit a specific thread after reading your newsletter.
  Yes and I use the newsletter as a conduit to push the forum on the members . In fact most of them are just titled Quick links / date / little or no commentary , just links to the forum . I am consistent . I know they don't care about a newsletter update . I just have tried everything  and even this quick link I think has little results . I cannot explain how frustrating it is to know that so much of what I suggest is so easy and only takes a couple minutes . I still get not even minimal . I get that they have jobs and family . I do too . I spend way too much time here . But I don't want that from them .
  See this .I think this is his first maybe second post ever .

• SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" U2206939_20201123_173102.jpg?0.134
      MGERAETS

3 Posts
      11-09-2015 6:02 PM
      touching base

• pdb1

6,145 Posts
      11-09-2015 6:18 PM
        Well it's about time Mike . Good to here from you bro . Keep in touch will ya ? 
        Thanx 
        Paul
        Don't hurt yourself going so far out of your way to make this once in a lifetime post Mike .

pdb1 wrote
on 09 Nov 2015 at 7:50 PM

The title is " here " . I should just boot him .

acetate wrote
on 09 Nov 2015 at 8:43 PM

He has been here 5 weeks more than me yet has made 4% of the posts that I have.
Why do people join a country club if they don't want to participate in the country club? I'm sure that is a question you ask yourself on a daily basis.

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 4:29 AM

He was a return member . one that I had removed previously , then asked to return and led me to believe he would step up . That is common . Then I re remove them . 

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 4:35 AM

You can see that in the website his join date was early June . Which probably means his original CC join date was late May .
  Lol . Watcha gonna do 

acetate wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 9:37 AM

Hmm... Since you gave up drinking and I can't I suppose we could practice our alternate shot game.

alternate shot tournament pairing

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 9:38 AM

Any suggestions on how I should go about pairing?

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 11:47 AM

Yes . While I have 6 more minutes of lunch . It is very easy . Depending on the range of your tiers . Basically lower with lower middle with middle , upper with upper . Here is a helpful guide for making tourneys and match ups . Remember the higher green speed per matchup trumps . So try not to make it so it increases more than 1 green speed . I think this is the fairest method .   
Hardest: Legends and TLs

Hard: Masters and TMs

Medium: Pros and TPs

Easy: Hacks and Amateurs.

The standard green speeds:

TLs: Championship 13 

Legends: Tourney 12

TMs: Tourney 11

TPs and Masters: very fast 10

Pros: Fast 9

Amateurs: Standard 8

Hacks: Slow 7

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 11:52 AM

There is now a faster champion speed I think but that is not up there . Legends , Tour Legends , and champions have to grouped together . Tour master is the toughest one to figure . If there are masters to match them with then that will work . If not then more likely better to go up then to legend .

acetate wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 2:21 PM

If I'm understanding you as long as only the two players that are a pair in this tournament are playing a game, then the green speed of the higher level player will be used.
For example if we were paired, then we would be playing with a green speed ofTourney 12, as you are a Legend while I am a lowly Pro.
On the other hand if I were paired with Harry we would be playing at Very Fast 10, as Harry is a Tour Pro while I am still that lowly Pro.

acetate wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 2:21 PM

If I'm correct so far, then I would pair as follows:
Harry & Ace
Racinray76 & Jimq916
the eight Legends and Dan, the single Tour Legend would be matched via a draw
Kmamjmemedmmm & Skip380

acetate wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 2:22 PM

Or do I just shuffle everyone and play the tournament at Champion 13 green speed?

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 3:14 PM

Picking the pairing is the way to do it . You have the right idea . Basically matching teams and opponents woek almost the same if possible . DO NOT EVER pick faster green speeds if you have a choice . Which you do not . No one even the Legends , Tour  Legends , And Champions LIKE their faster default championship green speeds . But they have no choice . And as the tournament creator unfortunately you do not either . I repeat ( It'll take you a while )( as I already wrote you all this in another thread ) in any match play or stroke play normal ranked or scored round the default green speed of the highest tier is AUTOMATICALLY chosen . 
  Unless you choose to play the tournament in practice mode where the green speeds can be chosen by the person who sets the match . This is acommon format for these types of matches that bare played through Challonge . As the scoring method is determined by you which means a practice round match that does not count in WGT . Will count in a Challonge match with the scoring determined by you . 
  I don't know if you follow all that . Read it carefully . I will help in all ways . But I would prefer not to type and type and type . 

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 3:16 PM

the highest level out of the 4 players will automatically be chosen .

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 3:26 PM

Are you filling a bracket in challonge ? If so unless you have studied some of mine and figured out what and how I made up alt shot brackets . It is very difficult to do As you have to change the username of the registered challonge members to something else because the bracket maker will not allow you to put two registered usernames on the same line . 
  Omg  Ace I can't imagine what you are feeling and thinking right now . I know what I went through . And I really would never wish that on any one else that I liked anyway . But it can be done . I will help you .

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 3:38 PM

If you are filling a bracket in challonge on the bracket generator page at the bottom in advanced settings there is an option for shared admin . You might want to put me in that It might help .

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 3:41 PM

Because so far you have not shared your info with me or any one . So I am only guessing . 

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 3:46 PM

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Challonge%20admin_zps8xu9jita

acetate wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 6:20 PM

Link to tournament on Challonge.com - http://challonge.com/botasc01
You have admin rights. I setup an 8 count bracket, figuring 2 players for each slot.
We will use practice mode, per your recommendation. What do you think about:

• Very fast 10 green speed.
  • Medium wind.
  • Default tee and hole location.

acetate wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 6:24 PM

If this sounds good to you I am going to post the settings in the thread. If you want to fill in the brackets I can post that in the thread as well.
If you don't have the time I will fill in the bracket. You can change as you see fit.

acetate wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 6:29 PM

You remember that this is my first tournament. If I should post something or do something at a given time just tell me. You are not going to take offense if you say, 'Hey stupid, get your *** together.'
I learn pretty quick, so hopefully you won't have to call me stupid too many times.

acetate wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 6:44 PM

This is how I see the seeding:

• skip380 - champion - 91 - 61.87

• kmamjmemedmmm - champion - 94 - 62.52

• flavel - tour legend - 101 - 61.54

• dan - tour legend - 94 - 61.86

• gru1971 - legend - 94 - 59.75

• xdout - legend - 102 - 61.56

• pdb1 - legend - 98 - 63.19

• sage013 - legend - 98 - 63.29

• nitamgoht - legend - 99 - 63.93

• bertasion - legend - 87 - 64.74

• bill - legend - 92 - 64.66

• gene - legend - 92 - 65.34

• racinray75 - tour master - 93 - 67.80

• jimq916 - tour master - 97 - 79.68

• harry - tour pro - 93 - 69.44

• ace - pro - 46 - 72.47

Each two will be a pair, starting from #1 & #2 down to #15 & #16.
If this looks good to you I will plug them into the brackets.

acetate wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 6:52 PM

I went ahead and plugged them into the brackets. If that looks good I will post it to the thread.

acetate wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 6:53 PM

I'm closing down for the night. Thanks for your help today.

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 7:37 PM

You are doing a very good job . One very important thing to do is post in our WGT CC forum that
  MY tournament is going to played through challonge . If you are not already please register in challonge with your WGT username . I will be posting the sign in link on my next post after everyone is registered . 
  The brackets will be live on page 3 in our website . Some of you know the routine . For some of you and myself , this will be our  first attempt at this . So all of your help and cooperation will be needed and appreciated . 
  Thank God we have Paul to help us do this and have fun . And hope the next thing you hear won't be crickets . Lol . 

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 7:40 PM

The statement below in bold is optional 
Thank God we have Paul to help us do this and have fun . And hope the next thing you hear won't be crickets . Lol . 

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 7:49 PM

After all the teams are set, you MAY receive an e-mail stating that you have been removed from the tournament (IGNORE THIS).
  DO NOT SIGN UP AGAIN! Challonge requires combining (2) players into one slot and assigning scoring rights to the first player listed.
  YOU HAVE NOT BEEN REMOVED, BUT HAVE BEEN LISTED AS A TEAM!!!
  There are other various reasons to shuffle and move players around . Each time this happens an automated email from Challonge is generated stating that you have been removed from the tournament . Again IGNORE THIS !
  Inevitably no matter how many times I post this notice . Several players Message me and say WTF Paul FCK YOU and your tournament . Remove me you a** hole . Go fck the donkey you rode in on . 
  It happens everytime . Lol.

pdb1 wrote
on 10 Nov 2015 at 7:53 PM

You might post that whole thing . I would . They will know I wrote it . I will try to get to the bracket tonight . I am very tired also . If not I will do it tomorrow . I got layed off today . And will have a little time . Lol .

acetate wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 1:55 AM

I went without having them signup for Challonge. I figured that it would be difficult enough scheduling a time for their game and dealing with the configuration of a practice alternate shot game.
If I crash and burn I just hope that this will not turn everyone off to trying formats of tournaments other than what WGT restricts us to offer.

pdb1 wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 7:16 AM

Inform the participants with a forum post that you are working to get it ready . you need to get the rounds set . Round 1 , semi finals , and finals click on each round from page 3 and edit .

acetate wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 8:10 AM

Thanks Paul.
Done. I made the edit from Challonge. I want to be familiar with and know how to manage tournaments from their site.

pdb1 wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 2:16 PM

they have no idea what you are talking about . They have never heard of something like this before . I have tried every way there is to play these tournaments . You can't cut corners . All participants must literally be on the same page . there is no other way . At the very minimal the 4 in each bracket . But that won't work . What is the pre tournament check in time ? what is the tournament start time ? these have to be established this cannot work in an informal setting .

pdb1 wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 2:18 PM

you must write up the procedure . Step by step .

pdb1 wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 2:21 PM

"If I crash and burn I just hope that this will not turn everyone off to trying formats of tournaments other than what WGT restricts us to offer."
 That is exactly what will happen .

acetate wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 3:23 PM

If you had such reservations, why didn't you stop me? I don't want people to play one, hate it, and run away forever.

acetate wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 3:29 PM

As for Challonge.com nobody ever needs to register. You can use it strictly as a tournament tracking system. The person that creates the tournament can enter scores, move the tournament along and it will display results just as it would if everyone signed in and appeared at a given time.
All of what you just posted negates that option. When I commented that Paul may come through before me to show how to configure the alternate shot game for practice mode, I meant just that. How you can switch settings at the 1st tee.

acetate wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 3:31 PM

I have made things much, much worse for you. I'm sorry. That is the furthest from my intent.

acetate wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 3:35 PM

As I wrote before, if you see me doing something that you think is crazy stupid stop me. I do not know how to recover this tournament at this point.

acetate wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 3:38 PM

You need to toss me out of your club. I don't see any other way to negate this.
Right now all of them are thinking so this is what it is going to be like with Paul and Ace working together.
If you would rather I will resign. I'm sorry about this.

pdb1 wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 3:42 PM

No no no . Ace please . This is not a big deal . You made a hell of an effort . You are all good I promise you . Everyone will respect your efforts . I will see to that . nothing has changed . All good .  I promise man . Nice try though . It is them that are complacent and unwilling to put it out . =You have shown great determination . This task is almost un do able . Maybe impossible . Do not feel bad . 

acetate wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 3:49 PM

Whichever way you want me to go, I did enjoy being in your club and working with you.
I had no intent to give your club a black eye. I know how much you struggle to keep things running.
I learned a lot from you. Thank you for that. You have shown me more kindness in this month than everyone else together over this past year.
Just let me know how you want me to exit. I really am okay if you need to toss me. Just as I am if you would prefer I resign. Either way I would like to post a proper goodbye to the members before I am removed from its ranks.

acetate wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 3:49 PM

Thank you Paul. I am sorry that it had to end like this.

acetate wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 4:00 PM

And one last point, I will still tell everyone that I believe would make a good member to give VOTSCC a try. That they will not be disappointed. It will be easy to do as that is a fact. You have a great club.

pdb1 wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 4:07 PM

Yes I am so happy that you see that . It can be a biotch . And things can get sticky and rough . But I'm still standing . As you are as well . And you haven';t even got your feet wet yet . Lol .

pdb1 wrote
on 11 Nov 2015 at 4:08 PM

Right now all of them are thinking so this is what it is going to be like with Paul and Ace working together.
  They better not think that . I will tell them to go jump in the lake . Lol .

Last edited by Paul on Thu 06 May 2021, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed 25 Nov 2020, 5:26 pm

Thanx

Between acetatepdb1

pdb1 wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 5:20 AM

Thanx for the post in CC Corner . I appreciate it .

acetate wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 11:01 AM

You're welcome.

the VOTSCC website

Between acetatepdb1

acetate wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 12:49 PM

After taking a cursory review of everything that is the VOTSCC website I have a comment and a question.
The website is a digital representation of you. In its content, its appearance, its feel. That's all good as you are the heart of the VOTSCC.
As you said nobody makes use of the site. This is a problem because we need them to do just that. WGT offers so little to country clubs in the way of building and supporting an organization. Their idea of a CC forum is pathetic and yet that is the best tool they offer.
We can make the VOTSCC website into a forum that our members will use. To do so we would have to rip apart almost everything you have done. We would have to extract the personality of Paul and that is not something we want to do.
What we could do is keep your site. Let it remain a site that expresses who you are, both in content and appearance.
To serve our club I could launch another forum. This forum would be plain in appearance yet full of functionality.
While that is my recommendation this is your club.

pdb1 wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 2:34 PM

It just so happens that I have a reserve site . Ripe and waiting your master plan . This site is just an empty site ready to rock and roll . The name could be changed . All the fromats could be setup as a sister forum with everything you could thing of . Only one click away . 
  It is mine to do just that . 
http://thedeserttour.forumotion.com/
  here is the last conversation I had with Sage about it .
SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Default13 THE DESERT TOUR
  I am hoping you like this idea . You could run with it . And we wouldn't have to change a thing in the mother site . They could link with no problem at all . I hope 

acetate wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 3:18 PM

Let's do this. I'm stoked. Can you set me up with an admin account?
As with everything else I'm going to run this site by you before anyone else even knows it exists.
This will be fun.

pdb1 wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 3:21 PM

Well do you have an opinion yet ? What browser do you use btw ? oh did you get your password ? 
youareinace

pdb1 wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 3:29 PM

Okay I was typing while you were . You already are admin . And I will only be interested in what you are doing . Not giving approval . Because I approve already . It is your baby . 
  You will want to register here . It is the forum providers support forum . 
http://help.forumotion.com/forum
  The moderators are volunteer idiots . but have helped me through this . What is useful is the tutorials for everything forumotion . lol remember it is UK based . Terminologies are going to make you say WHAT THE FCK DID HE JUST SAY ? lol .
  You may even have an occasion to post an inquiry there . 

pdb1 wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 3:32 PM

Please take your time . Change everything if you want please keep it relative to VALLEY of the SUN CASUAL CLUB . I might even be able to help . 

pdb1 wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 3:35 PM

I used to have an in with the banner design crew . They are very professional if you have some ideas .
  I just down loaded . Adobe Creative Cloud trial version . just to see if i could use it to make better trophy's and the like . 

pdb1 wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 4:16 PM

Are you able to get in ? Remember the log in for these forumotion sites are tricky . The text is the same color as the background for username and password . So highlight . If acetate is in the username . then likely the password is correct . Just click log in 

acetate wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 4:36 PM

I have logged in. It doesn't look like you made me an admin.

acetate wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 4:37 PM

I use Firefox, Safari and Chrome. I play WGT in Chrome.

acetate wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 4:38 PM

Am I taking this away from Sage? I don't want anyone with hurt feelings.

pdb1 wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 4:40 PM

Do you not have the admin panel link  at the bottom ? 
  The firefox and safari may have username edit issues in admin . The chrome probably will not . 
  I will go check but I definitely made you admin . 

pdb1 wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 4:46 PM

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" Admin_zpsrny4kvr5

pdb1 wrote
on 13 Nov 2015 at 4:48 PM

Please log in to the chat

pdb1 wrote
on 14 Nov 2015 at 9:43 PM

It looks to me like you may have missed your own tourney . I looked in the forum and it appeared that Skip had tried to invite you and got declined ? IDK . Let me know what happened . 

acetate wrote
on 14 Nov 2015 at 11:20 PM

I didn't decline. I saw the invite, tried to accept it and it said it was canceled. It then showed another invitation that said there was two and a half minutes left on the invite. Again I tried to accept and was told it was canceled.
I thought that Skip canceled when he noticed that Harry wasn't there.
I suspect it was just another glitch in WGT software.
I waited from 9 p.m. until 10:30 but Harry never showed.

acetate wrote
on 14 Nov 2015 at 11:23 PM

When Harry didn't show I was going to setup and alt shot game with Skip, his partner and invite you as I saw you online. Just as I was starting Skip and his partner switched their status to busy.
One of these days I will play an alt shot game. I'd rather not have my first with strangers but that looks like the most likely to occur.

pdb1 wrote
on 14 Nov 2015 at 11:44 PM

Oh that is no problem . I play with strangers all the time . No expectations . It is good practice . I also play stroke " join a games " .Never know anyone in those . 
  Ok maybe just a short little explanation to Skip . If you feel like it . 

acetate wrote
on 14 Nov 2015 at 11:51 PM

Already done. I sent Skip a note to apologize the issue. I don't want anyone in the league to have hard feelings.

acetate wrote
on 15 Nov 2015 at 12:03 AM

... had a group that participated heavily? By that I mean them would play in most tournaments. Out of a group of 50 every tournament would have 20+ playing.
I did a quick survey of a group o completed tournaments. We averaged just over 8 players per tournament.

acetate wrote
on 15 Nov 2015 at 12:07 AM

While my alt shot tournament has stumbled badly out of the gate it has increased communication in the forum and started players messaging members they have never dealt with before.
As I said many times, if I'm expecting the unattainable or trying to take your club somewhere you don't want it to be JUST STOP ME.
I have been isolated from the world for so long that I can become a bit over zealous.

pdb1 wrote
on 15 Nov 2015 at 12:57 AM

Participation : We have at times very high participation 60% to 80% of eligible tiered members participating and sometimes more . Your average is a false or not based on potential eligibility on  as many tourneys are tiered and maximum entry for upper level say would be around 29 and often have 20 plus entrants . Lower tiers have only 13 members and tour masters are in their own zone . So with the average of 3 groups at 16 . Your 8 would be 50% and that would be during a slow spell .
 messaging never dealt with because they are new . Lol just a temporary burst . This group is not predictable . They are for the most part far from ideal CC members . But I started with much worse . This what we get . All you can do is try Ace . But do not expect any big changes that will stand for long . 
  This group just doesn't have it . I have never had a group that does . It used to be my objective . B

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" U14271295_20151116_181408.png?0.134acetate wrote
on 14 Nov 2015 at 8:36 PM

What do you think about having a golf league? We could:

• Play one or two rounds a week.
  • Each round would be 9 holes.
  • They could be tracked using the tournament feature of WGT.
  • We could have two player teams. Single player.
  • There are a number of types of leagues we could play.
  • Maybe we divide the participants into two divisions.

• Half way through the season we could play a Ryder Cup type competition between the divisions.
    • We could do this again at the end of the season.

• Scores and standings would be posted on our new forum site. This would drive players to the site to find out where they are in the standings as well as have the chat available.
  • Since we would be leveraging the WGT tournament engine people could play at whatever time they wanted.

I'm just looking for ways to build excitement and keep mixing things up.

pdb1 wrote
on 14 Nov 2015 at 10:50 PM

• They could be tracked using the tournament feature of WGT.

•   Don't know what you mean by this . Please be more specific . I'm game for anything . But it is very hard to get others to participate .

I found out why Skip got butthurt . It seems that you PM messaged some info to Kevin . That he thinks you should have PMed him too . And felt like he was intentionally left out of the loop .
  IDK  but you do have to be careful not to leave some out . It will keep you very busy .
I guess your tourney/ match was done when harry didn't show ? IDK .

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" U14271295_20151116_181408.png?0.134
acetate wrote
on 14 Nov 2015 at 11:28 PM

I PMed Kevin early in the evening when Skip had yet to show. I didn't know if Skip was going to be working or if they would be available for play.
I will ping Skip to apologize, even though I didn't do anything. It is better to keep the team together than worry if I was right or wrong.

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" U14271295_20151116_181408.png?0.134acetate wrote
on 14 Nov 2015 at 11:39 PM

In going back through my message thread it was Kevin that sent me a message to which I replied. He didn't include Skip. That is how the communication started.
Regardless I apologize to Skip.

SOME INTERESTING CHATS WITH A VERY COOL MEMBER "ACETATE" U14271295_20151116_181408.png?0.134
acetate wrote
on 14 Nov 2015 at 11:49 PM

As for the league idea, what I meant by tracking using the WGT tournament features is this.

• Each week I would create a single play tournament for the league.
  • The first week would be something like VOTSCC League Play Week #1.
  • With each following week there would be a VOTSCC League Play Week #___
  • This way the league members could play their game anytime during the week.
  • For example if we played 2 member teams in the league:

• The four players (2 teams of 2) none of the players would need to play at the same time.
    • At the end of the week, their individual 4 results in the weekly tournament would determine who won their match.
    • I would then post the results and update the standings.

• Unlike the fiasco I created with the alt shot tourney and its scheduling nightmare, this league approach would be flexible to fit the playing habits of everyone.

pdb1 wrote
on 15 Nov 2015 at 12:31 AM

Yep . Thats a good idea . What are your thoughts on how you would be tiering them ?

on 15 Nov 2015 at 8:53 AM

I don't know.
Part will depend on what interest is shown. If there is enough where we can have separate leagues for a given tier our job is simple. If the opposite occurs ...

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun 09 May 2021, 8:22 pm

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down