Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 420 registered users
The newest registered user is Jumshaid

Our users have posted a total of 11499 messages in 2883 subjects
June 2022
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
THIS FORUM IS FOR YOU ALL . PLEASE FEEL LIKE IT IS YOURS . READ THE FORUMS. POST COMMENTS . ASK QUESTIONS . IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT POST IT . MAKE SUGGESTIONS . READ SOME TUTORIALS . READ SOME GOLF TIPS . CHECK RECENT TOURNEY WINNERS . BROWSE OUR OLD FORUM ARCHIVES . LOG IN TO THE CHAT AND MESSAGE SOMEONE TO MEET YOU THERE AND ARRANGE A MATCH . LOG IN TO THE CHAT TO SEE IF SOMEONE IS THERE JUST TO SAY HI . MESSAGE ME IF YOU WANT TO GET ON THE DAILY BLITZ .
THE BLITZ SCORECARD IS ON Page 3 PLEASE CLICK HERE
TO FIND THE COURSE OF THE DAY AND SEE
THE WEEKLY STANDINGS . PLEASE POST
YOUR SCORES HERE. IN THIS

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
Owner’s Objectives

It's been a while since I expressed some of my objectives for the CC . First of all I like and respect everyone that joins our club . I realize that not everyone knows what a CC is all about . Many have different reasons for joining . I really don't know how many of the other clubs are run . They are all different . What I want to emphasize in our CC is that whatever tier you are . That you feel comfortable here , part of a team of players that come here to find conditions that enable them to improve their game , hone their skills , lower their scores ,lower their averages , move up in tiers . Enjoyably and comfortably with the conditions that challenge them enough to keep that drive without the frustrationsof regular game play . All that is completely possible by either creating those tourneys yourself or by messaging me about it . Or someone else in your tier that has been creating tourneys . Any kind of information that you need to know should be provided here , any kind of appp , calculator , help , tutorial , tournament , statistic , message , opinion , gripe , compliment , etc , etc . Should able to be aqcuired here ( or in our website , as it may be easier there ). With your help , all of this can be done easily . We already have a good start . I am going to be here for a very long time trying to achieve all this . For any of you that think it's a good direction for your CC to go in . Then lets keep on keepin on . Sincerely , Your Co team member PDB1 , Paul ( sitting here on a rare rainy day ) May the SUN always be with you
POST OF THE WEEK

Re: Where are the Flags ?By Bertasion in Valley of the Sun Casual Club The other day upon the heather fair I hit a flagstick that was not there. I saw it's shadow and heard the clank but where it stood was just a blank. It was not there again today. I wonder when it will come back and stay. Brian
BLITZ LIST
HERE IS THE LIST OF BLITZ COURSES IN THE ORDER THEY ARE PLAYED EVERY WEEK OF EVERY SEASON .

DAILY BLITZ WEEKLY SCHEDULE

WEEK 1

BEST OF BANDON PAR 3
PEBBLE BEACH
THE OLYMPIC CLUB
VAHALLA
MERION

WEEK 2

PINEHURST NO.2
HARBOUR TOWN
KIAWAH ISLAND
ROYAL ST. GEORGE
CONGRESSIONAL

WEEK 3

ERIN HILLS
ST. ANDREWS
BALI HAI
CELTIC MANOR
BETHPAGE BLACK

WEEK 4

PINEHURST NO. 8
WOLF CREEK
CHALLANGE AT MANELE
EXPERIENCE AT KOELE
HILVERSUMSCHE

WEEK 5

EDGEWOOD TAHOE
BEST OF WATER SHOTS
BEST OF FAMOUS SHOTS
BEST OF PUTTING
CHAMBERS BAY

TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION
Discord Server
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO ABOUT IT

WHAT'SUP WHATSAP AND OTHER APPS . HERE IN THIS SITE . THE SKY IS YOUR LIMIT . IF YOU WANT TO PROMOTE , GROW , SHARE , IMPROVE , UPDATE POST AND LEARN ABOUT YOUR PRODUCT OR ANY PRODUCT . YOU CAN DO ALL OF THE ABOVE . JUST DO IT .

PUBLIC CITIZEN

View previous topic View next topic Go down

subject title PUBLIC CITIZEN

Post by Paul Mon 10 May 2021, 1:49 pm

Do you people believe what we are seeing in this country in 2021 . These people are acting less than immature . More like grade school mentality .

They had 8 years of practice . With President Obama . It was easy for them then . To beat down and defeat everything he tried to propose . Because they held the Senate . And they were heavy racists . He was the first black President . At that time . There was no one who could stand up to them and say " STOP THIS " .

Now after 4 years of whatever that was . They are trying the same childish tactics . Not even giving Biden 1 inch . Not trying to work across the aisle .

Why ?

Because they do not know how . Think about it . No one has ever stopped them . All they know is their backwards thinking . Intelligence , reason and logic . Do not exist in their brains .

All of us need to get familiar with " The For the People Act" . Because it details comprehensively . So many areas of concern . With smart and well thought out solutions . That will and can be the turning point for us the US . And also the world .

" The For the People Act"has real answers . Real solutions . On a larger scale than ever before . Yes . It means bigger government . We are in a bigger hole . And the only people trying to dig us out for the betterment of us the people . Are the geniuses that have put together 
" The For the People Act"

May the SUN always be with you
Please enjoy

Paul
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

subject title Re: PUBLIC CITIZEN

Post by Paul Fri 28 May 2021, 11:10 am

Public Citizen robert@citizen.org via salsalabs.org

Donald Trump has retreated to Mar-a-Lago and is banished from Facebook and Twitter.  

The Republican Party seems to be eating itself alive. 

Here in the U.S., we are at long last getting a handle on the COVID-19 crisis. 

The Biden administration is advancing some progressive priorities. 

Sunny days and warm weather are on the horizon. 

But ... As it devolves further into a bastion of pure spite and racial resentment, the Republican Party is trying to destroy the very fabric of democracy.

Republican legislators in 47 states are pushing reactionary, discriminatory voter suppression laws.In just the past few weeks, the Republican governors of Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, and Texas have enacted legislation that makes it harder for people — very particularly, people of color — to vote.

Mitch McConnell, the top Republican in Congress, has made it abundantly clear that he will do everything he can — including doubling down on his shameless abuse of the Senate filibuster, a relic of Jim Crow — to stonewall progress at every turn.

While many Americans have been vaccinated and are understandably eager to get back to their pre-pandemic lives, far too many Americans still aren’t vaccinated, and the crisis is worsening in much of the world.If we don’t take the lead on making sure the whole world gets vaccinated, not only will millions die, but deadlier strains of the coronavirus — maybe even vaccine-resistant mutations — WILL make their way to America and the pandemic will come roaring back here.

The Biden presidency will be as progressive as we push it to be. There will be times for carrots, and there will be times for sticks, but we can’t stand by and just assume that everything is going to be fine.

And Trump is already plotting his next run at the White House. If he “wins” in 2024, our country may well be looking at President-for-Life Donald (or Ivanka) Trump.

I don’t mean to be cynical.   In fact, I’m hopeful.   I’m also realistic. 

Public Citizen has been a force for progress for so long (half a century!) precisely because we look for potential pitfalls and roadblocks then come up with bold, innovative paths through, over, and around them. 

We know that hope alone will not bring about progress.  

We have to be honest about what’s in the way of progress and then confront it with all we’ve got. 

Which brings me to a secret I’m going to share with you: When things seem to be going in a better direction for the country, donations to Public Citizen tend to drop off considerably.  In a way, it’s understandable, as people catch their breath and let their guard down.

But Public Citizen never lets our guard down.  And since we do not take money from Big Business or Uncle Sam (our independence and integrity just aren’t for sale) everything we do depends on Public Citizen supporters like you chipping in when you can.

We don’t need to match the billionaires and multinational corporations dollar-for-dollar, but we do need a baseline level of real-world financial resources to take them on and win. 

There are reasons to be hopeful, to believe we have a fighting chance to make real progress.

And there are — unfortunately but decidedly — reasons to believe that we are at a tipping point, that if we ease up now, all we’ve accomplished, even our democracy itself, could be undone by the forces of authoritarianism and plutocracy.

Please enjoy

Paul
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat 29 May 2021, 1:18 pm

On January 6, violent insurrectionists laid siege to the United States Capitol in an attempt to overturn the presidential election.

The racist, militant mob was out for blood.

And not just that of Democrats.

Had they found Vice President Mike Pence, they may well have assassinated him.

But yesterday, Senate Republicans (who themselves were under attack on January 6) exploited the shameful Jim Crow relic known as the filibuster to block the establishment of an independent commission to investigate that fateful day when our democracy very nearly fell prey to fanatical authoritarianism.

Here’s the thing about the filibuster:

A lot of people — even some members of Congress — seem to think that the filibuster encourages bipartisanship.

But in practice it does the exact opposite.

• Not that long ago, filibusters were relatively rare, and it took only 51 senators to advance most bills.

• Senators from the two major parties might fight tooth and nail, but at the end of the day, once either party got to 51 “yea” votes, what would actually happen is that senators who had been opposed would come onboard so that they could try to influence the exact language of the legislation and so that they could get some credit for something that was going to pass anyway.

• In other words, avoiding the filibuster facilitated bipartisanship!

• But now, all it takes is for Mitch McConnell to invoke the filibuster and everything grinds to a halt, with the only “winner” being obstructionism and rank partisanship.

• That isn’t how this is supposed to work.

• The filibuster originated by accident, and does not even appear in the Constitution. The Framers, imperfect though they were, never intended for the Senate to be rendered essentially dysfunctional by a minority of its members.

As vital as a bipartisan January 6 commission would be, there is even more essential legislation — the For the People Act (a.k.a. H.R.1 / S.1) and the John Lewis Voter Advancement Act perhaps most critically of all — that Mitch McConnell and Senate Republicans will stonewall if the filibuster remains an option.

Tell Senate Democrats:

The filibuster is a relic of Jim Crow that has been exploited primarily to maintain white supremacism and to stonewall popular, progressive legislation. And, contrary to what some believe, it actually *impedes* bipartisanship. It is time to join together and consign the filibuster to the history books.

Please enjoy

Paul
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon 07 Jun 2021, 5:41 pm

All eyes are on Senator Joe Manchin of West Virginia.

Over the weekend, Senator Manchin published an op-ed citing a dedication to “bipartisan compromise” for his refusal to support the For the People Act (H.R.1/S.1) — a commonsense and popular bill in Congress to protect voting rights and strengthen our democracy.

But here’s the thing:

If a Republican is punching you in the face, it is not “partisan” to block those punches.

And if the Republican Party is jamming through racist, anti-democratic laws in state after state — that are based on their own utterly false claims of election fraud, including the Big Lie that Donald Trump won the 2020 presidential election, and that even give them the power to unilaterally overturn elections — it is not “partisan” to block those attacks either.

The Republican Party is so fanatical in its pure obstructionism and rank partisanship that Senate Republicans would not even break ranks to overcome a filibuster engineered by Mitch McConnell to stymie an independent commission to investigate the January 6 assault on their own workplace, the U.S. Capitol.

Join us in sending this message to Senator Joe Manchin:

Respectfully, Senator, the Republican Party is waging war against the very foundation of our democracy.

How much “bipartisanship” will there be if Republicans succeed in their current crusade to permanently take control of Congress and the White House — along with dozens of state legislatures and governors’ mansions — through racist voter suppression and partisan gerrymandering?

Whatever value there is in the ever more elusive pursuit of bipartisanship in Congress, it simply must not be elevated above the absolute imperative of preserving democracy itself.

The For the People Act is overwhelmingly popular with everyday Americans, who favor it two-to-one in polls. That’s the bipartisanship and national unity you should be looking at instead of hoping to find agreement from elected officials who have chosen to elevate their narrow, partisan self-interest above civil rights and democracy.

Please continue to search for 10 Republicans who will agree to meaningful reform that addresses the multifaceted crises of our democracy. But if you can’t find them, then America needs you to support the For the People Act and some adjustment to the filibuster.

Please enjoy

Paul
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum