Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43720 messages in 6442 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

THE DEMISE OF THE INVITE SYSTEM .

Go down

THE DEMISE OF THE INVITE SYSTEM . Empty THE DEMISE OF THE INVITE SYSTEM .

Post by Paul Sun 17 Oct 2021, 8:18 pm

Wgt did plenty of nothing once they developed a fairly incredible invite system in the FLASH version .

As good as it was . There was much room for improvement .

IE : examples below this post .

After reading some recent posts in the WGT.com/forums . It is no wonder that the pathetic partial imitation replacement invite system . Installed with PCEA and Mobile platforms . Is failing with what there is to work with .

I saw players complaining that their " offline , hidden status " was being overridden by unknown players by typing in their username to the search . This turns out to be a big problem for these players . For they would never consider playing / accepting an invite from an unknown player especially since they were not on their friends list .

As everyone should know they only play certain select players .

In my opinion these non social , holier than thou players . Complaining about lesser , non friends . That likely enthusiastically are trying to expand their game and their Multiplayer list . By utilizing the invite system in the way it was originally intended .

There is no risk in using the invite system . 99% of the players using it are a multicasm of very cool players from around the world . That just want to play more WGT golf .

If one has had the misfortune of encountering a RUDE individual . There literally is no chance you will encounter him or her again . Statistically completely against the odds .

It is also unlikely that one would encounter another RUDE player anytime soon . These are statistical and reasonable facts . That say that one is highly likely to find almost 100% good and friendly players randomly .

I know that I will never convince them of all that . But it is the truth .

As much trouble the current pathetic invite system has . I will not understand all the players trying to isolate and hide themselves . And then complain about the half assed system .

Back in the day . One could pick and choose which formats they preferred . And then be available to be invited to those formats by either random players or players from ones friends list .

I realize that there may be some players who have such a GR8 system ( computer ) . That they have not had issues with not getting invites . Or accepting invites and not materializing to the tee off . And dozens of other possible glitches and errors that I am sure a majority of WGTers have experienced for years .

But still this minority has found things to complain about .

My view about invites . Especially random invites . Is that they are a rarity . And a chance to play someone new . A chance I would never have again if declined . Possibly missing out on a fantastic round . I could also say the same for an invite coming from a friend on my list . Very rare to see that player online and ready to play a match with myself at the same time . Likely would never happen again . The odds are against it . Especially when 90% or less of accepted invites do not make it to the tee .

Realistically it is foolish to decline an invite . As they are rare to begin with ( unless playing in a Multiplayer round already ) . Which will not happen in Multiplayer Stroke Play rounds . But can happen all day long in the now preferred Coin Room rounds . Which is where I am when faced with an invite . That of course I could not accept . Coin games are as valid as any other round . I tried to explain that to an old friend the other day . As I had to decline his invite while I was in the middle of a coin game .
  He said " Whatever " .

Whether random or a friend . I suggest more players consider inviting and accepting invites . As it is known that the current invite system makes it very hard t do so .

I have stopped taking issue with any subject in the WGT Forums .

I cannot participate in an arena that brings me no joy .Where it is allowed to flame bait , degrade , lie , discredit , insult , etc . On a continual basis . Freely with no restraints or consequences . I won't be a part of that any longer .

I just read some of the posts  occasionally . I have nothing to say nor any further thoughts about them .

I just found it amusing and disturbing to read the non social isolaters complain about the parts of the system that have nothing to do with inviting and playing in WGT .

Below are a few observations about the invite system over the years .

Last edited by Paul on Fri 22 Oct 2021, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

THE DEMISE OF THE INVITE SYSTEM . Empty Re: THE DEMISE OF THE INVITE SYSTEM .

Post by Paul Sun 17 Oct 2021, 8:49 pm

Sun 3 Sep 2017 - 10:49  As it becomes more and more evident that there is some problems . That have a tendency to spark many different unfavorable reactions and opinions and arguments . 
  Some that directly effect the survival of some events and formats in the future of WGT . 
  Some are too complicated to be certain of what kind and how much , or how many fixes it would take to solve .

There is one though in particular . An area of GR8 concern to many . For various reasons . 

Is the current old school poor excuse for an invite notification system . 

A little tiny GREEN icon . Placed in the absolutely worst possible location one could think of . 

That alone has been responsible for more devastating misunderstandings and catastrophic and devastating endings of everything from friendships to tournaments , to CC's . 

Believe me when I tell you that the little tiny green invite icon located 2/3rds of the way up on the left side of a tab page . Is not likely to be seen by anyone that has an active brain and fingers that work . 

As they are probably doing something constructive during their green status . Which only means that their computer is on and they are logged into WGT . 

They are not sitting there staring at that little tiny green icon waiting to accept or decline the invites . 

But in my case . I am extremely busy with admin . Which is my choice . But I would much rather accept an invite from anyone . And play a match . If there was a chance that I see the icon . I do surely jump on it . Unfortunately I am not in a position at the time to see the icon and I regretfully miss many invites . If I were to change my status to red . I would not have that chance to accept an invite . And it would be a week before I noticed that I was red . That sucks . So I will never turn my status from green . 

This is a WGT wide problem and has been the case since before  I joined in 2012 . Quite simply the invite notification is a failure . There is no way you can predict what is happening on the other side of that invite . There are as many possibilities as their are players . And is not anything personally reflective to you . 

There are ways to make the invite more likely to be noticed . Message any and all players prior and let them know you will be ready to invite soon . Any that respond . You have your answer , invite , and game . Seems like the hard way ? Thought it wouldn't be ? 

I always encourage my members to message anyone they want to play with . Whether the person shows green , red , or even hidden . Yes they will get the email notification either way . Maybe come out of hiding . 

The invite system is such a failure with that little tiny icon 2 thirds of the way up the left side of your screen . You have to actually literally almost stare at it at all times . So not to miss a rare or welcome invite . Very poor notification . 

To have the same little Icon at both the top and bottom of your window tab pages. ( all the pages in WGT that are not the game client ) . Would make those invites hundreds of times more likely to be seen . 

Or better yet  . A pop up that there is no way to avoid . That says So & So is inviting you to an alt shot match . Click here to accept , decline , leave message , or already playing 

I know that these suggestions would be probably about 1,739th on the list . If even approved for review . 
  If you knew the turmoil and misunderstanding that this issue alone provokes non stop 24 / 7 / 365 with out fail . 
  Involving every kind of scenario . CC vs CC Interplay community organized and non community organized tournaments . Where the participants are from different CC's . Many already unfamiliar with the invite system . In which it is required that the opponents contact , communicate , arrange a mutually agreed upon time and day for which to be  GREEN . And then expect that this unlikely appointment is met by both parties . On the occasion that both parties find themselves GREEN at the same time . There is no response from the invitee . Frustrating the inviter . Causing him or her to message the unresponding  counterpart . Hopefully remaining calm and mature , professional , and polite . Inquiring about the un accepted invite that they had discussed the week before and agreed to mutually . Of course now that has blown any chances to play their match that week . And the following week one of them will be on holiday . 

Well turned out that the invitee had in fact been GREEN and available during the agreed upon time . Had waited for the inviter to become GREEN . An extra 30 minutes . Had then gone to message the inviter and inquire . 
  The inviter it turns out had miscalculated the time difference and was actually 1 hour late . 

If there were 2 more invite icons added to the the current icon . But placed one on the top and one on the bottom of the page ( s) . Anyone who was in a different area or page or looking at his daughter while she asked him what those GREEN things are blinking on the top and bottom of his page were . 
  Would be many many times more likely to see respond , and accept that all important invite . 

Now that to some would be the more important scenario . Others that consider any of their time in WGT valuable . Would say that when they invite friends or CC mates to multiplayer matches . When the prospective invitee is GREEN . And knows the invitee is around and available . But did not respond or accept the invite . 

And it turns out again that the invitee was just lower in the page responding to a forum post . Way below the little tiny GREEN icon 2/3rds of the way up on the left play now flash player section of the tab page . Completely out of site .

Any dedicated and committed WGTer . Should have the ability to multi task and tend to what ever tasks is on their agenda . With the " luxury "  should be common place knowledge that . While tending to their administrative duties ( which could amount to hundreds of duties ) Should not be required to be playing a match , or just sitting there staring at the invite icon . Just for the simple reason to be aware of an invite .

Should have the suggested 2 more notifications , or an even better system to alarm , alert , notify the moment an invite is initiated . To enable the invitee to respond quickly and timely with no chance of missing the invite from a friend that you had not heard from in 3 years . If missed would be possibly  the last opportunity to connect with that player .

At any moment any invite could be that rare invite from a CC mate that you had never had a chance to play before . And not likely would again . From another fellow CC owner. One of the biggest highlight rounds one can play .

Would never want to inconvenience those rare inviters .

And should feel comfortable enough to stop playing and start answering the 100 plus messages that you received that day . To make some trophy's . To clean up the CC forum . To spend 2 or 3 hours messaging and explaining what WGT is to the several recruits that had just showed up . And literally dozens of other possible necessary tasks that any WGTer should be able to do . While staying GREEN . Available to play . As anyone would rather accept that invite and play than doing admin . So long as the invite notification were so efficient and effective that they would be seen and responded to . Whether it be to accept , or send a message , or decline . One must be able to see it

In every scenario . The obvious and simple , cost effective way to solve this enormous problem that is an enormous problem . Concerning WGT  player relations and the highly volatile and negative ongoing , unnecessary daily , hourly turmoil that I would ask you to please take my word for the depth and vast effect that this issue presents . As I have only the best intentions for this WGT and my fellow players all the site wide . 

To please take this suggestion very seriously . You can check out . investigate , interview members of my piers . Selectively and or randomly to verify and validate the extent of this problem that I feel is the root and cause of the sadly failing by the minute most popular and precious and necessary multiplayer format . 

That once was a thriving and preferred choice for the masses . 

But over time . With the various glitches in the past ( the invisible invite fiasco ) Immediately halted , ended forever . Some of the original organized ongoing site wide multiplayer tournaments . Stopped them cold in their tracks . As they all depended on the invite system for game play . WGT being the only game in town . 

Most all of those long time favorite events for hundreds . Had played their last match . Never again to be able to generate the interest and commitment necessary to restart and continue a successful event . 

And as the WGT community grew in leaps and bounds . Glitches came and Glitches went . Some remained and  got worse . Some became playable with work a rounds . 

With the wavering uncertainty of game play and the always crap shoot of the multi-player invite . 

And a couple few generational changes to the player in WGT . The trickle down effect of some of the older formats slowly but steadily dwindling down . Some to obscurity . Some still with hope to revive and live again and prosper and be enjoyed again  by the masses . 

It would seem to be a no brainer . To install just 2 more icons added to the present featured icon . 1 to the top of the page . 1 to the bottom of the page . The smallest fix to one of the most volatile concerns today . 

Sincerely GR8ly concerned as always

Sun 27 Sep 2020 - 9:30
With the changes that have come to the game, having a method of communication outside of WGT is vital. All the more reason to have programs such as Discord or TeamSpeak or Steam in everyday use by WGT golfers.

Yes those programs are very helpful . When you have a network of friends that agree . When those friends are on and green and responding . Then it may be easier to invite and coordinate games .

But if those friends are not available . Or not available often .
  Then multiplayer will be difficult . And will not have Discord or TeamSpeak or Steam communication .
  I do not know why more players are not on board those communication devices . Except for everyone knows you talk funny . Lol . No matter so do we .
  But still the invite system . The ability to invite and notify , and receive and accept invites . Is a weak effort at best .
  Notification could be improved . By having a notification message at the top and bottom of the screen . Or a pop up message in the middle of the screen .

THE DEMISE OF THE INVITE SYSTEM . Invite16 

or
  Instead of the invisible little green icon first . That are most often missed . Or not clicked in time . By the time you get through the game client they have already given up on you . You just wasted the round you were in . If you were playing .
  If you were playing . You will see a pop up . Or a notification at the top and bottom of the page .
  If you are green . And not playing . That probably means you went to take a leak .Or Walmart . Or bang the next door neighbor . And you won't see a pop up no matter how big it is .
  But if you are just writing a Forum post . Or checking a leader board , etc , etc . You will see the pop up .
  But you won't see the tiny green icon . And miss another invite .
  Shouldn't be that hard to make a better notification . From my experience this would almost fix the invites . Making it so easy . Even a red headed step child could do it .

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

THE DEMISE OF THE INVITE SYSTEM . Empty Re: THE DEMISE OF THE INVITE SYSTEM .

Post by Paul Fri 22 Oct 2021, 6:11 pm

This has been added to MODERATION FREE ZONE

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin