Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44507 messages in 6555 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK

Go down

TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK Empty TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK

Post by Paul Wed 14 Oct 2015, 11:31 pm

• TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK Pdb1c11
    pdb1

5,602 Posts
    10-02-2015 8:52 PM

TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK ?
      That is the question . There are voice programs like Skype that are free and very easy to install and use . 
      John knows about another one called VOIP .  There are others .
      I have Skype . There are many players that do and like to converse during matches . 
      If you havn't tried it . Maybe you should . 
      Since I already have Skype my Skype username is   pboppart1   . If you have it or want to try it . Add me to your contacts and lets check it out . 
      We can post our Skype names here and see how it works .
      Honestly I am kinda on the fence about it . It is a lot easier than typing during the round . It is fun too . 
    Skype names
    pboppart1
    Kelly,Greer

• TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK Azdewa17

azdewars

141 Posts
    10-03-2015 12:47 AM

Hi Paul.. Just wanted to point out that "ZELLO" was the product I emailed you about./ Thank you for mentioning it as an alternative.
    Respectfully,
    John (azdewars)

• TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK Dschom25

dschom5

116 Posts
    10-03-2015 2:03 AM

I have a few guys I play with that skype and it is fun.  You get to know the people your playing with better and you don't have to keep typing. 
    Dan

• TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK Kellyg10

KellyGreer

372 Posts
    10-03-2015 5:41 AM

Thanks for bringing up this subject Paul.  When i first considered joining this CC part of what I was told was that Skype was not popular here.  Frankly that information had me less than enthused about joining this CC.  I say that because I really prefer to use Skype while playing Alternate Shot or Skins games here on WGT (I almost never play Match play or Stroke play with others - because I'm trying to lower my average & not raise it).
    Personally I think it is no contest between playing WGT with others with Skype vs. having to type out messages throughout the game.  It is a LOT more fun when everyone is using Skype here IMO.   You also actually GET TO KNOW your "friends" here on WGT so much better by using Skype here.
    As to other types of similar voice options - I wouldn't be interested.  I've tried others that I was told were "easier" and they all proved to be the exact opposite.
    P.S. My Skype name is Kelly.Greer60  - NOTE that there is a "dot", or period. between my first and last name.

• TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK Racinr11

Racinray75

67 Posts
    10-03-2015 6:50 AM

I think it should be left up to each person if they choose to use it or not. I'm not a fan of it and will not be using it. Just my 2 cents.
      That is fine Ray . Thank you 

pdb1

5,602 Posts
    10-03-2015 8:02 AM

azdewars:
    Just wanted to point out that "ZELLO" was the product I emailed you about

Yes Zello John . My apologies . In fact I actually started an account with Zello . But don't know how to use it . Plus I would need someone to talk to .

pdb1

5,602 Posts
    10-03-2015 8:11 AM

KellyGreer:
    I really prefer to use Skype while playing Alternate Shot or Skins games here on WGT (I almost never play Match play or Stroke play with others - because I'm trying to lower my average & not raise it).

Kelly all play or game modes can and are fun . Since there is no way to raiseyour average . You could enjoy all modes with Skype .
      Stroke and match play , alt shot  are the most popular . Stroke being at the top of most used Skype games . I wouldn't mind a skins game now and then .

• TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK Jimq9159

JimQ916

1,153 Posts
    10-03-2015 8:13 AM

I have Skype but only use it to talk to my children and Bro-in-law...I very rarely play any matches against other members due to my Granddaughter issue which would lead me to WD'ing in the middle of a round, which not only pisses me off big time but also anyone I'm playing. Paul knows about my issue and understands why I can't.....I'm always red on here so I don't have to decline invites and seem like I'm blowing members off. I think Skype is a good idea though...I have no camera yet but working on it so I use it for just voice software....thanks for understanding....Jim

• TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK Kellyg10

KellyGreer

372 Posts
    10-03-2015 9:29 AM

pdb1:

Kelly all play or game modes can and are fun . Since there is no way toraise your average . You could enjoy all modes with Skype .
      Stroke and match play , alt shot  are the most popular . Stroke being at the top of most used Skype games . I wouldn't mind a skins game now and then .

Sorry........have to completely disagree with you on that Paul.  Playing Stroke play games (including tournaments) and match play games on WGT absolutely CAN raise one's average if you have a bad game.  It has happened to me a NUMBER of times.
    Everyone's different and have different likes and dislikes too.  So saying "Stroke being at the top of most used Skype games" is simply not true.  Unless maybe you are speaking strictly for yourself on that.  Nearly every game where I have used Skype here on WGT has been an Alt Shot game.   I almost never have anyone invite me to a Stroke play game who is also one of my Skype contacts.  It simply never happens.  And if I did receive a game invite to a Stroke play or Match play game by one of my Skype contacts I would decline the invite. 
    The main reason I prefer Alternate Shot games here on WGT is simple - I'mCHEAP - and when playing  Alt Shot your golf balls here on WGT last twice as long because you are taking half as many shots per game.

pdb1

5,602 Posts
    10-03-2015 9:41 AM

You would be smart to listen to me Kelly . I did not look at your stats . But I assume you have saturated in your Legend tier . Saturation occurs in each tier after playing the required a mount of ranked rounds . If you have played your required 500 ranked rounds to saturate as a legend . Then any round you finish that is above your average is discarded and does not count . Any finished round below your average does count and will then lower your average .

BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS 

When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.

When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.

When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro

When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master

When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master

When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend

When it is equal or smaller than 60 you go from Legend to Tour Legend*
    and .

You need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur.

You need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro.

You need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour Pro.

You need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master.

You need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master.

You need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend.

You need to play at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend to  saturated ( average stops going up ) before reaching Tour Legend. 

You need to play at least 500 ranked rounds as Tour Legend to saturate ( average stops  going up ).

You need to play an additional 200 ranked rounds as Tour Legend before reaching Champion.

You need to play an undisclosed number of additional rounds and receive an exclusive personal invitation before reaching Tour Champion.

There are a couple more posts I brought up from the archives ( today 10/03/2015 ) that will give you a better understanding of what actually does and does not count . I stand by all of my statements to be true and factual . Really no reason to dispute them as i have researched them thoroughly 

pdb1

5,602 Posts
    10-03-2015 9:52 AM

I see now Kelly that you have not saturated . In which case , yes you can easily raise your average . My advise to you is to be smart , but do not avoid rounds that could potentially raise your average . They are usually the most fun and worth the personal challenge to post a low score . It generally takes much more than the 500 ranked rounds to saturate and to be eligible to tier up . As you also must maintain a 60 average . I see you are trying to do that now . Believe me you are making it to hard on yourself . Relax play 1000 rounds . You will be much better , and then more prepared for Tour Legend .
      I am probably on an average pace with my average . i have played 2200 rounds ( ranked rounds " sroke " and 1000 more match games , real but not counted = 3200 rounds ) as a Legend . And am still a couple years away from being prepared for Tour Legend . Very few are able to do it in less time or rounds . Most of them that do , ( not all ) play exclusively from the red tees . Which is very controversial and by most not considered valid .

• TO SPEAK OR NOT TO SPEAK Azdewa17

azdewars

141 Posts
    10-03-2015 6:45 PM

Its all good Paul. My Zello name is azdewars.
    John

pdb1

5,602 Posts
    10-03-2015 7:25 PM

Mine is azpdb .

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul