Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44526 messages in 6557 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

BULLETIN 1

Go down

BULLETIN 1 Empty BULLETIN 1

Post by Paul Tue 07 Mar 2017, 7:53 pm

BULLETIN 1 Mca19611
Mca19670
274 Posts
Mon, Mar 6 2017 5:57 PM
BULLETIN 1 Untitled_zpswryqs26l

THE WEEK THAT WAS BULLETIN 1

HI FOLKS AND WELCOME TO THE 1ST WEEKLY VOTSCC BULLETIN. GONNA GIVE THIS A GO OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS AND HOPEFULLY WITH A GOOD RESPONSE AND INTEREST IT WILL BECOME A PERMANENT FIXTURE.THIS BULLETIN WILL COINCIDE WITH A WEEKLY TOURNAMENT NAMED AFTER 1 MEMBERS ACHIEVEMENT THAT WEEK. SO PLEASE SCROLL THROUGH AND ENJOY AND DONT BE AFRAID TO POST ANYTHING BELOW WETHER ITS ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ OR POLL ETC, OR A SUGGESTION TO IMPROVE THE BULLETIN. PS. ILL BE USING THE MEMBERS GAME NAMES AS THERE IS TOO MANY DANS, JOHNS AND DONS IN THIS CLUB SO IT JUST MAKES LIFE EASIER FOR EVERYONE.

FIRSTLY IT WAS THE CLUBS 3RD ANNIVERSARY THIS WEEK SO IM SURE YOU WILL ALL GO ALONG IN THANKING PAUL FOR HIS HARD WORK AND DEDICATION TO THIS GREAT CLUB. ALSO JIM FOR MAKING SURE WERE NEVER SHORT OF TOURNAMENTS. THEIR EFFORTS ARE MOST APPRECIATED.

INS AND OUTS--SADLY WE LOST PAULLEFTYPAUL AND KEKANARANJO THIS WEEK TO PASTURES NEW. WE WISH THEM ALL THE BEST.

ACHIEVEMENTS--JIMQ916 HIT  800000 CC POINTS/ CORYGROBINSON HIT 700000 CC POINTS/ MGROZA HIT 600000CC POINTS/ AZDEWARS HIT 400000 CC POINTS. MCA19670 RECEIVED THE MOST OUTSTANDING MEMBER TROPHY AND NANSTING17 ALSO RECEIVED A TROPHY FOR BEING A GREAT MEMBER.

ROUND OF THE WEEK-- THIS GOES TO TEXTOR WHO SHOT A 10 UNDER 35 AT THE BEST OF PAR 5 IN THE BRACKET TOURNAMENT.

SHOT OF THE WEEK-- THERE WERE A FEW. DONNYMAC3-119YDS AT RSG/ PDB1-167YDS AT BOF/ JCM51 117YDS AT CHAMBERS/ DUFFERJOHN7 67 YDS AT BOF/. BUT THIS WEEKS CHOICE IS MGROZAS 103 YDS SLAM DUNK AT ST.ANDYS. HE THEN FOLLOWED IT UP WITH AN IDENTICAL SHOT THIS TIME 75YDS AT ST.ANDYS DIFFERENT HOLE THOUGH. MOST OF THESE REPLAYS CAN BE SEEN IN THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS HOME PAGE BUT HERES MGROZAS 103 YDS SLAM DUNK.
replay.aspx?ID=9785cb79 adc1 4182 a210 a728018412d0

MEMBER V MEMBER--PDB1 DEFEATED SCHOITZ IN A 9 HOLE MATCHPLAY. THIS IS A COLUMN I WOULD LIKE TO SEE FILLED MORE WITH RESULTS BETWEEN MEMBERS OF THE CLUB, SO IF THERE IS A MATCH LET ME KNOW OR POST IT BELOW. MOBILE MEMBERS ALSO IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW BECAUSE THOSE MATCHES DONT APPEAR ON THE NEWS FEED UNFORTUNATELY. REMEMBER ALSO THAT THERE ARE 5 TROPHIES UP FOR GRABS IN THE CLUB. 1 IS LYING VACANT JUST NOW[ ILL LET THE BOSS DEAL WITH THAT] BUT NANSTING17,JCM51,MGROZA AND MCA19670 ARE ALL THERE TO BE CHALLENGED FOR THEIR TROPHIES. LETS GET SOME MATCHES GOING WITHIN THE CLUB FOLKS.
BULLETIN 1 Th3V0A6FHY_zpszhjskxi1THE TERM "BIRDIE" COMES FROM AN AMERICAN NAMED A.B.SMITH. WHILE PLAYING A ROUND IN 1899 HE PLAYED WHAT HE DESCRIBED AS A "BIRD OF A SHOT" WHICH BECAME BIRDIE OVER TIME.

BULLETIN 1 ThON79LAXX_zpsh09ty1zdGOLF IS A GAME IN WHICH YOU YELL "FORE", SHOOT 6, AND WRITE DOWN 5.- PAUL HARVEY.

MCA19670 QUEST FOR A HOLE IN 1-- 5 WORD REPORT.

NOT EVEN CLOSE THIS WEEK.

JIMS JOKE OF THE WEEK
Q. WHAT COMES WITH THE NEW DIVORCED BARBIE                                                  
A. ALL OF KENS STUFF.

ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY--1836 AFTER FIGHTING FOR 13 DAYS THE ALAMO FALLS.

BULLETIN 1 ThYN71JDIA_zpshpqflg9jSPONSORED BY DONOTGOOGLEIT.COM.

1. RULES OF GOLF-- TRUE OR FALSE. A PLAYER MAY REPAIR A PITCH MARK THAT IS ON THE GREEN IF HIS BALL LIES OFF IT.

2.HISTORY OF GOLF-- WHO WON THE MOST MASTERS TITLES IN THE 1930S.

3.WHO AM I-- I WAS BORN ON NOV 1959 IN OXNARD CA. I HAVE 15 PGA TOUR TITLE WINS AND 1 MAJOR WIN. IN 2006 I BROKE THE RECORD FOR THE FEWEST NUMBER OF STROKES NEEDED TO COMPLETE 9 HOLES SHOOTING AN 8 UNDER PAR 26.

BULLETIN 1 ThPPG9JYJ2_zpsbgv1yd1bPOLL--IS CHAMBERS BAY FUN TO PLAY?. MAYBES AYE, MAYBES NAW.
WE CELEBRATED ST.DAVIDS DAY HERE IN THE U.K THIS WEEK WHO IS THE PATRON SAINT OF WALES. SO HERE IS A VIDEO OF WALES FINEST IN ACTION. MR.TOM JONES.

HOPEFULLY GET A FEW REQUESTS FOR AN ARTIST FROM YOU ALL. THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO SEE THE DIVERSE RANGE OF ARTISTS WE WOULD ALL CHOOSE. SO COME ON FOLKS GET THOSE REQUESTS IN.

BULLETIN 1 ThMWDF353J_zpse02c12r6REFRESHMENT OF THE WEEK.
       DESPERADO BEER./ BREWED IN FRANCE.INTRODUCED 1985. 5.9% VOL WITH A TEQUILA FLAVOUR. CHEERS EVERYONE.

RIGHT IM OFF NOW TO SET UP THE TOURNAMENT. ILL LEAVE YOU IN THE SAFE HANDS OF HAMISH McTAVISH AS HE TELLS YOU ABOUT THE NAME AND CONDITIONS.

BULLETIN 1 It2019s-all-about-the-tartan_zpsu62qzywhTHE TOURNEYS CALLED" MGROZAS SLAM DUNK AT ST.ANDYS" LADDIE. ITLL BE DEFAULT TEES KEN WAE VERY FAST GREENS. THE WEATHER, WELL ITLL BE A BRAW DAY TAE HING OOT YIR WASHIN. SEE YA. 

Last edited by Paul on Fri 25 Dec 2020, 7:50 pm; edited 4 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

BULLETIN 1 Empty 1st COMMENT

Post by Paul Tue 07 Mar 2017, 7:58 pm

• Send to Friend

• BULLETIN 1 Mca19611

Mca19670
    274 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 6:05 PM

Well I done it. Not without a technical hitch right enough. The Tom Jones video can't play. Don't know if that is a good or a bad thing. Lol. I also should  have had a pic of the desperado beer but for some reason Photobucket wouldn't allow me to upload it. Anyway hope you all enjoy it. Let's get posting the quiz answers, the poll and the name of an artist you'd like to hear in future and thanks again Paul for all your tips. I'm off to bed now
    martin
    ps. My answer to the poll is maybes ay

Last edited by Paul on Fri 25 Dec 2020, 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

BULLETIN 1 Empty 1st RESPONSES

Post by Paul Tue 07 Mar 2017, 8:01 pm

• BULLETIN 1 Textor11

Textor
    24 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 8:25 PM

It looks good, Martin
    It's a good consolidation of the weekly results in the Valley. By publishing weekly accomplishments, it'll give us, the members, a better awareness of the actitivies in the club. It doesn't mean one can ignore the Leaderboard, however.
    I'm replying to your remark, so my answers may be out of order. 
    1. No, you can't. This rule is being changed in the revised and updated rule book slated to be official January, 2018.
    2. Horton Smith  He won the inaugural tournament in 1934. He also won in 1936. Gene Sarazen won in 1935.
    3. Corey Pavin
    What else? Oh yeah, a performer. Someone you know well: Van Morrison.
    Thanks, Martin, it was fun.
    On the 1st tee, Textor

• BULLETIN 1 Jimq9196

JimQ916
    4,513 Posts
    Mon, Mar 6 2017 8:49 PM

This is prefect  Martin......I love it. It must have been a beast to put this together....thanks you for doing this...extremely interesting and informative........Jim

• BULLETIN 1 Duffer12

DufferJohn7
    643 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 12:20 AM

Martin,
    Outstanding job!  Much appreciated and I saw myself about 4 times in the stereotype vid, LOL.  As far Chambers Bay, I find it enjoyable.  It's long, difficult, the greens are treacherous and in the wind impossible to score well.  But every once in a while magic happens. No 17 for example, I've scored from 1 to 7 there.
    Looking forward to future issues.
    Have fun, hit 'em straight and don't miss too much playing time writing,
    John
    PS: One nit pick, with my funky eyes reading ALL CAPS is difficult for me.

• BULLETIN 1 Apdb1e10

pdb1
    13,947 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 12:26 AM

Bingo Martin . You nailed it . Nice job .
     I knew you must have started it when I saw the tournament " TWTW1 . MGROZAS SLAM DUNK AT ST ANDYS " .
      So I came looking for it .
      It had not showed up in my email . And won't until I post here . Which I have now . Believe me I could have gone for days without seeing .

This was  WGT challenge that SChoitz initiated
      . Martin am I right to assume that these can be any MEMBER V MEMBER match ? whether it be a multi player round or one of the 5 In C C  challenges ?

Yes C C for me has a number of interesting challenges that I enjoy trying at .

I have given it a 3 month Sticky . Which should put it in the middle of page 1 .

• BULLETIN 1 Nansti12

nansting17
    338 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 6:10 AM

Very well done, Martin!!
    Did you quit your day job to have the time to put all this together??
    You have slain the bear quite nicely,,,, (and, as someone else mentioned,,the ONLY criticalism is the CAPS!!)
    The quiz::   No idea, no idea and no idea.  (Not my cup 'o tea,,)
    The Chamber's challenge,,,,  Very unforgiving,,but the good rounds make up for the WGT "flyers" that show up and ruin your round.  So, I'm an AYE
    Artists:  My audio cards always fail within two weeks of getting a new PC, so, I'll abstain,,
    Stay blessed!!                          Nan,,   Da Queen,,,  LOL

• BULLETIN 1 Jtcook13

Jtcooki
    128 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 7:24 AM

Martin,
    This was way cool!  Very nicely done and just the "Happy" positive shot in the arm this CC needed. Gotta love the enthusiasm!
    Cheers Brother, but I'd much prefer a French made Kronenborg Blanc!
    Jeff 

• BULLETIN 1 Mgroza20

MGroza
    205 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 3:25 PM

Excellent job Martin

• BULLETIN 1 Dschom39

dschom5
    985 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 4:50 PM

Well done, nice addition to the forum.

turd

• BULLETIN 1 Mca19611

Mca19670
    274 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 4:57 PM

Thanks for all the comments folks. Glad it turned out ok apart from the video. Didn't know how it would look as I was doing it. John and Nan, I'll do a way with the uppercase letters in future just for the fact that Nan answered the poll AYE. Will have you speaking the Scottish lingo soon Nan. Lol.
    Textor, your request has been noted. Good choice.
    Paul, I don't know what these 5 in CC challenges are. Basically I'm looking at the news feed for info and that one that said you defeated Scholtz came up. I take it that's not a head to head at the same time then?. I think I would still put stuff like that in but preferably in will be match ups like alternate shots or just 1 v 1. I would also put in ie. If you played with someone else from another club v say Turd and another member from another club. Just any match that involves interaction between members basically. Hope that clears it up.

• BULLETIN 1 Next2616

Next260
    158 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 4:59 PM

Nicely done Martin , excellent job.

• BULLETIN 1 1-49

pdb1
    13,947 Posts
    Tue, Mar 7 2017 5:32 PM

Mca19670:
    John and Nan, I'll do a way with the uppercase letters in future

Martin . They are not real moderators . They are imposters . Posing as moderators . In fact there are no moderators in our CC forum . Up till this point . The idea behind this is so that you , myself , Jim . Turd , azdewars , etc , etc  can post in anyway they damn well please . Until now there wasn't anything anyone could say about it . 
      Until now . Lol . 

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down