Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 475 registered users
The newest registered user is Menupanda

Our users have posted a total of 44946 messages in 6630 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

Public Citizen * the power to overcome reactionary forces *

Go down

Public Citizen *  the power to overcome reactionary forces * Empty Public Citizen * the power to overcome reactionary forces *

Post by Paul Wed 20 Dec 2023, 8:13 pm

Wanted to make sure you saw my earlier note — copied below in case you missed it — about working collectively to cultivate hope in the face of despair.

If you can, please consider making a donation today. A member of Public Citizen’s board has offered to match anything you contribute today dollar-for-dollar.

Better still, sign up as a Monthly Donor today and your contribution will be matched dollar-for-dollar each and every month for one full year!

Thank you!

- Robert

We have to fight against despair.

There are many reasons to feel down right now — to feel scared, to doubt the path our country and the world are on, to feel like authoritarian forces are on the rise.

And I know, from communicating with so many Public Citizen supporters and activists like you, how widespread and deep the current sense of gloom is.

But here’s the thing:

Despair’s cousin is hopelessness. And hopelessness is a dangerous self-fulfilling prophecy that we simply must not give in to.

Hopelessness leaves us helpless in struggles against oppressive forces.

The antidote to despair is hope.

And so, collectively, we need to work on cultivating hope. Not blind faith, but hope.

How do we do that?

Well, let’s start by acknowledging that — in such a perilous moment — it’s not easy.

Building hope is a process. While there is no single right answer, and different people will find different ways, this is work we must do together.

Here are some thoughts on how to find, and strengthen, hope.

WE ARE THE MAJORITY

It can often feel like the country has lost its mind, that a majority are locked into conspiratorial, hateful thinking.

But in reality, overwhelming numbers of Americans favor a progressive agenda. They want to cut drug prices and end Big Money dominance of elections. They want to tax the rich and restrain CEO pay. They want to address climate change. By large majorities, they favor commonsense gun safety rules and access to abortion.

Yes, this cuts both ways. It’s not uplifting that a minority is able to impose its will on the nation. But we can’t lose sight of the fact that we are the majority.

THE OPPOSITION IS NOT ALL-POWERFUL

We often imagine that “the other side” is super strategic, well organized, united, and farsighted. It is not so. They are fractious and make missteps all the time.

Believe me, I’m not one to underestimate the power of Big Business, and I take very seriously the rise of neo-fascism in our country. But we shouldn’t imagine these forces to be stronger than they are.

WE ARE WINNING MORE THAN WE REALIZE

Together, you and Public Citizen are making a difference. Here are just a few highlights from this year:
  • The U.S. government is now putting in place Medicare drug pricing reforms and other rules that will save taxpayers and consumers more than $100 billion. That’s billion with a ‘b’! And it’s happening thanks to our advocacy.

• Donald Trump will be prosecuted in connection with the January 6 insurrection — a prosecution that likely would not have occurred without the persistent grassroots pressure that we helped mount.

• Michigan has passed a law outlawing political deepfakes. At least two dozen other states are poised to do so, and the Federal Election Commission is considering action at the national level. We’re leading the charge to prevent the deepfake sabotage of our democracy.

• A proposal for a dangerous fossil fuel facility in Florida was abandoned in the face of local advocacy we supported and after our legal interventions.

• We won lawsuits ensuring that the families of meatpacking workers who died from COVID-19 can hold accountable the businesses where their loved ones were exposed.

• In response to our petition, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration continues to work on a rule to protect workers — especially farm workers — from excessive heat.

These are just some of the wins that Public Citizen helped score. I could go on and on.

These are all vital victories. But the point goes beyond any one achievement: Our advocacy makes a very real difference in the world.

THERE IS POWER — AND HOPE — IN WORKING TOGETHER

If an overwhelming majority of Americans support a progressive agenda — and they do — then how do we win it?

The number one answer is by working together. In our organizing and mobilizing, there is the power to overcome potent reactionary forces.

In joining together, we find not just power, but hope. Hope that together we can do great things. And also the hope that comes from standing side-by-side with others (whether in person or virtually), from overcoming isolation, from the feeling of solidarity, and from participating in collective action.

Here’s some of what we will be doing together going forward in 2024 (this list could also be much longer):
  • Continuing our push for a constitutional amendment to overturn the Supreme Court abomination known as Citizens United — with 22 states, 800 cities and towns, and the overwhelming majority of the American public on board.

• Intensifying our campaign to get insurers to stop fueling the climate crisis with their backing of fossil fuel projects even as climate impacts lead them to deny coverage to whole geographic areas.

• Mobilizing to protect election workers from intimidation and to head off any effort to sabotage the 2024 election.

• Fighting the privatization of Medicare and building support for Medicare for All.

• Demanding corporate criminals be held to account, with much more enforcement from the U.S. Department of Justice.

One of my hopes is that being part of this shared project called Public Citizen infuses you with hope.

Yes, we can — we must — acknowledge the enormous and often frightening challenges we face.

But for 50 years and counting, we’ve faced great challenges and made great change.

I have no doubt that if we stick together and take care of each other, our greatest achievements are yet to come.

And, before I sign off, one bit of news:

A member of Public Citizen’s board has offered to match anything you contribute today dollar-for-dollar.

Better still, sign up as a Monthly Donor today and your contribution will be matched dollar-for-dollar each and every month for one full year!

A reminder: Public Citizen does not accept funding from Big Business or Uncle Sam. Our independence and integrity simply aren’t for sale.

Everything we do — to fight corporate power, to hold government accountable, to defend democracy — depends on individual supporters like you chipping in at moments like this.

If donating is not a good fit, I understand. I hope you’ll accept that I need to ask now and again — especially at this time of year — so that we have the resources to carry out all the essential work you and Public Citizen are doing together.

Thank you for being part of Public Citizen.

For progress,

- Robert Weissman, President of Public Citizen

P.S. As you may have seen in earlier messages, I’ve recently co-authored a book, The Corporate Sabotage of America’s Future and What We Can Do About It. Yes, the book is designed to educate and provoke outrage. But it’s also designed to build hope — by demonstrating the public consensus around controlling corporate power; by showing what can be done; and by underscoring how the great progress in our nation’s history has always been driven by people joining together, building power, and winning victories that seemed impossible. If you’re able to contribute $100 or more today, we’ll send you a copy of the book as thanks.
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down