Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43669 messages in 6438 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE ? IS THERE OR HAS THERE BEEN A PLAN ?

3 posters

Go down

SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE  ? IS THERE OR HAS THERE BEEN A PLAN ? Empty SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE ? IS THERE OR HAS THERE BEEN A PLAN ?

Post by Paul Sun 29 Nov 2015, 5:09 pm

this discussion was presented by our Doctor of Technology azdewars 

So you want to attract some members into your VOTSCC. Why? Are you sick and tired of trying to do everything yourself? Did someone remind you that two heads are better than one? It may not really matter why you've decided to try to attract more members into your VOTSCC. But what does matter is that you have a plan. Developing a plan for recruiting members will make your life much easier. 

WHAT IS A PLAN?
Planning is a way to organize actions that will hopefully lead to the fulfillment of a goal. How? By providing clear direction and an approach to follow--giving a method to your madness, so to speak.

Developing a plan for recruiting members will cause you to ask yourself some very important questions. These questions are basic to just about any recruitment effort. I believe your answers to these questions will be the building blocks for your own recruitment plan. They are:

Why do you want or need members?
How many members do you need?
What kind of members do you need?
Who is going to find and get the new members?
Where are the new members?
When is a good time to look for new members?
How should you approach potential members?
What happens if you get a yes, a maybe, or a no?
What are some obstacles you may encounter? And how do you get around them?

Also, this may just be the beginning. Here's the key point: Regardless of whether we are trying to recruit members who speak for themselves, or members who speak for entire VOTSCC, it will help us to make a plan, to find people and bring them together. Answering the questions above will save us time in the long run, and increase the chances of accomplishing whatever goals we set for ourselves. As for developing a plan for recruiting members, you must decide what kind of members you are looking for. Then it will be easier to focus your search.

Who's going to find them? Determining who finds and gets the new members is essential to your planning. You and your staff can plan together the approaches you will use to get the people you need.

Don't be shy about delegating responsibility. If you have people available to help you recruit, make those people as useful as possible. Assign different recruitment tasks to different people. Don't just tell all of your people to go out there and get members. That will most definitely waste your time and possibly that of potential members too.

I've got to make a point right now. I strongly recommend that you create a Mission or Vision Statement. This needs to be the foundation for developing a plan for recruiting members and member participation. Statement needs to always be in the forefront of any communications with high visability. The forum is the least visable spot.  The statement "PLEASE READ: BE ACTIVE IN THE CC FORUM" sounds more like a demand rather than members wanting to be active in forum ie: committee updates, tournaments committee updates, technology committee updated, project timeline results, etc.. Every member has a unique personal responsibilities in their lives. Some members may only contribute 10-15 hours per month, whereas, others may have more or less. It should be a question on their application along with skill set. We'll cover that a little later. Your Mission Statement + member skill set + member volunteer availability = results.

ASSESS
Begin by learning what issues matter to VOTSCC, and what resources may be available.

PLAN
Planning provides overall direction on the road that leads from where things are now to where we hope they will be. It can be helpful for a group to develop a clear vision, a mission statement, objectives, strategies, and an action plan.

ACT
You have identified something that you and your CC care about, and it is time to take action. This involves mobilizing people around the effort and implementing some sort of intervention.

EVALUATE
How do you know that your initiative is working? It’s important to monitor what is happening and make adjustments as necessary.

SUSTAIN
Some important work has been started. How do you keep your efforts going?

TO BE CONTINUED...........

Last edited by pdb1 on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE  ? IS THERE OR HAS THERE BEEN A PLAN ? Empty QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Post by Paul Sun 29 Nov 2015, 9:56 pm

Why do you want or need members?
How many members do you need?
What kind of members do you need?
Who is going to find and get the new members?
Where are the new members?
When is a good time to look for new members?
How should you approach potential members?
What happens if you get a yes, a maybe, or a no?
What are some obstacles you may encounter? And how do you get around them?

!) Why do you want or need members?

At this point growing and building is still part of the plan .

2) How many members do you need?

Probably between 50 & 100

3) What kind of members do you need?

unfortunately member type is not one of the options . But our CC guidelines specify 4 main areas that a new member reviews and agrees to at the very beginning . Beyond that there are countless scenarios and areas that are asked of a member to step up for at any given time .

4) Who is going to find and get the new members?

That would be me . The few members that have offered their voluntary assistance are already doing heads above what is expected .

5) Where are the new members?

Very well hidden . Prospective members , not already in a CC do not have any visiblity . There is no list or icon or any way to determine if there is anyone available .

6) When is a good time to look for new members?

In betwen other tasks 

7) How should you approach potential members?

From the rear , be sure and hit them hard enough that stay out for several hours 

Cool What happens if you get a yes, a maybe, or a no?

A yes would get you a How Do . A maybe will get you a Who Knew . A no will get a Boo Hoo .

9) What are some obstacles you may encounter? And how do you get around them?

At times it very hard to tell that these are mature and responsible people these online golfers . As I have encountered ignorance , innocence , obstanence , stubborness wrecklesness , insubordination , prejudice , bigotry , hate , reluntantness , curiosity , eegerness , willingness , helpfulness , expertise , complacency , transparency , invisibleness , dedication , motivation , fraudulence , malitiousness , kindness , kissassingness , and a few others .

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE  ? IS THERE OR HAS THERE BEEN A PLAN ? Empty Re: SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE ? IS THERE OR HAS THERE BEEN A PLAN ?

Post by azdewars Sun 29 Nov 2015, 10:27 pm

Well done Paul. The "Hit them from behind..." was perfect. I'm still chuckling. I needed that. signing off for now my friend.
John

azdewars
Doctor of Technology
Doctor of Technology

http://wwww.AllMostFreeWiFi.net

Back to top Go down

SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE  ? IS THERE OR HAS THERE BEEN A PLAN ? Empty Re: SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE ? IS THERE OR HAS THERE BEEN A PLAN ?

Post by daja1012 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 12:08 pm

where do we go from here?  i read the article and agree, member ship is good. as long as there is communication. I have a large list of members that befriend me but as of this date i have never been able to talk or play a round with any of them. i really don't know any body in the club. the form is always empty and when i try and hook up with some body to play a round, i get no reply.  i believe  to have a good strong club is good communication.  Daja

daja1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sat 01 Jul 2017, 1:01 pm

As you can see . That conversation is a couple years old . It got worse after that . 
  I do not have the answers obviously . I thought I did . It made so much sense to me . 
  The events , the formats , the features , the information , the guidance , the encouragement , the support , etc . Is all in place . 
  I do not know why at this time . That is not what they are looking for . 
  Not enough communication for me to figure it out .

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down