Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43435 messages in 6393 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014

Go down

OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 Empty OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014

Post by Paul Mon 23 May 2016, 8:40 pm

•  alanti:
    yet players still buy the passes effectively for bragging rights,

Uh what would you think if I told you that you were wrong about that . Maybe some of you 250 member clubs need that ego thing . 
    I think I can speak for the hundreds of small and very small clubs and say B S what or who do we have to brag about ? Never an issue . No prizes are ever on our minds . Just the game . Not even the results matter to us . When it's done it's done and life goes on .
    Fathom that big boys .
     We buy the passes so we can be involved in the exitement of the event . The sad thing is we don't ever stand a chance . And we have to scrape the bottom of our penny jars to do it .

• OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 U5453491_20160508_031849.jpg?0.81.5962OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 USA.gif?0.81.5962
    pdb1
    9,491 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 11:18 PM

I'm going to remind some you pompous elitists out there that there are guys and gals all throughout WGT that could never even entertain the thought of entering the clash because they are still trying to save up to get rid of their starter clubs . But do you know how much fun they would have if they could ? Three 37 cent  passes is a dollar towards a driver a very precious dollar .
    Just trying to remind us that a lot of us are still seeking fun . And finding it . Just finding it very expensive .

• OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 U1717438_20160319_015915.jpg?0.81.5962OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 AUS.gif?0.81.5962
    alanti
    6,785 Posts
    Tue, Dec 16 2014 11:56 PM

Paul, I will try to address a few of your points.
    I too belong to a small club (and will only be a maximum of 50 players) and the way the clashes are set up, we too will never win. The first clash got a lot of members playing and we were 12th -14th (by memory) overall.
    Second one new member played, 3rd and 4th no-one played. The reason are they are not fair and geared solely for WGT to make money. So it is unlikely until it is skill based that any of our club will play.
    So WGT with it stubborn attitude really is driving players away.
    Your club has a good mix of tiers and tournaments (kudos to you), which I would hope would be enough to keep players occupied - and so they do not have to fork out for passes (and bear in mind CC levels really have very few benefits). In your case I would get some members to put up a sleeve of balls to run instead of the CC clash - drive it from within with something tangible for your members.
    As you say, this game can be expensive to play, and buying CC passes is not money well spent IMO, especially if those members can ill afford to do so, but some players may feel pressured to be seen to be doing their fair share. But playing this game can be fun with starters equipment - it depends on the individual and what they set out to achieve.
    Yes this clash appears to have had bugs .....again and if this occured players should inundate CS with complaints, then maybe they will be fairly compensated. And as for matching clubs, again it must be fair and results based on skill (have tiered clashes) as if they are not, then what is the point of playing?
    I take no notice of names lol - I have been called much worse! I admire your passion, but remain objective - I wish WGT did - then they might be on a winner with a lot more clubs and players participating.
    The way it is it will have a limited lifespan as the current model is like flogging a dead horse.

• OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 U1050635_20160503_063622.jpg?0.81.5962OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 AUS.gif?0.81.5962
    mantis0014
    7,747 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 12:18 AM

pdb1:
    Would you mind giving us all some kind of explanation of the disappearing passes . Yesterday the clash participants ( 5 of which reported non counted rounds ) in my club all received 50 passes . Overpayment ? Maybe but to take them all back just added insult to injury and ripped them all of again . Especially the top scorers .

Wgt made a mistake by sending Clubs 50 passes. We also got 50 passes each a couple of days ago.  When they found their error, they took em back.
    -Roger

• OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 U4192073_20150404_144438.jpg?0.81.5962OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 USA.gif?0.81.5962
    clubwhack
    183 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 2:28 AM

it happened to may of our club members as well. then they also awarded us points at a lower rate then smaller clubs. I say everyone should boycott these cash grabs until they get it right.

• OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 U5453491_20160508_031849.jpg?0.81.5962OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 USA.gif?0.81.5962
    pdb1
    9,491 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 4:16 AM

Before each clash I post an announcement in our forum reminding them they are not obligated . And it is fully their choice to participate.
    The players with starter clubs are hacks , ams , pros , T P's and have not mastered their skills to be able to utilize their starters asa viable controlable weapon in higher level play YET ( of course they will in the future ) 

clubwhack:
    . I say everyone should boycott these cash grabs until they get it right.

I support that action and if we were aware of a site wide actual boycott alliance . I would advocate and support it and lobby ,campaign , recruit , and do everything I could to help make the statement for change .

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014 Empty Re: OLD CLASH DISCUSSION FROM 2014