Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44507 messages in 6555 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

Forfeiture and quitting the game

Go down

Forfeiture and quitting the game Empty Forfeiture and quitting the game

Post by Paul Thu 27 May 2021, 1:24 pm

This is a topic from the forum TO POST IN THE FORUM OR NOT Please click here after reading below .

This is the email I received recently . This is what I hope to avoid . It is why I say this is serious .

BAM !

May 14, 2021, 1:26 PM CDT
HI,
Thank you for messaging us with your concerns for the game and the overall community of players.
We understand the frustration caused when players leave games before they are finished and we are developing a resolution for this.

The development team is currently in deliberation about the decision of whether or not to add a penalty system to the game to increase game completion.
It would enforce a strict punishment on players that leave games, and reward players that choose to stay until the games full completion.
I cannot tell you when it will be implemented, but I can tell you that it is being considered as a possible solution.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps create an optimal experience for our users. Thank you!
If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Regards,
You Know Who .

Last edited by Paul on Sat 05 Jun 2021, 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

Forfeiture and quitting the game Empty Re: Forfeiture and quitting the game

Post by Paul Sat 05 Jun 2021, 3:56 am

pen question concerning H 2 H matches
Can anyone explain why forfeits are not recorded in the H@H record?
  I think there are a couple reasons . The first and most important is the lack of a need to record many actions and features of the H2H mode . Especially negative ones .
  The other reason is that the forfeit system is a big glitch . Most forfeits are false . It is a current system problem . Forfeits are often given to the slower of 2 computers . When the faster computer initiates the forfeit . Quits . The slower computer does not cycle the reconnect as fast . The system then determines that the slower computer " did not return in time " and assigns the forfeit to the innocent slower computer that didn't initiate anything .
  Even if they fix that . Which is a big can of worms . And has them considering new codes that instead of one player receiving a forfeit . If the end of the round happens before the first tee . The change would return the entry fees to both players .
  I think this platform has trouble discerning accurately between the 2 opponents . The coders are equally as inept in assigning the triggers the codes need to discern these differences .
  Going back to the first reason . It is a negative statistic . Not necessary for recording .
  The third giant factor is the high number of quitters that exit the game at every part of the round .
  It has them considering things like this letter I recently received :
May 14, 2021, 1:26 PM CDT

HI,

Thank you for messaging us with your concerns for the game and the overall community of players.
We understand the frustration caused when players leave games before they are finished and we are developing a resolution for this.

The development team is currently in deliberation about the decision of whether or not to add a penalty system to the game to increase game completion.
It would enforce a strict punishment on players that leave games, and reward players that choose to stay until the games full completion.
I cannot tell you when it will be implemented, but I can tell you that it is being considered as a possible solution.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it helps create an optimal experience for our users. Thank you!
If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Regards,
You Know Who .

Of course that would be disastrous . And not a good solution at all .
  Being a free and voluntary format . One cannot be punished for not doing any monetary or status changing actions . Needless to say . We would not be happy . And would cause a GR8 uproar .
  But the current forfeit system is broken and has been all along . Forfeits will not be a recorded feature in any non counting rounds ever . And probably forfeits will not be counted in any format eventually . If they are actually counted in any formats .
  We are asking this basic platform to perform and discern and separate and record and calculate many variables that were not considered when the decision was made to go forward with the platform .
  It is not just that the techs haven't figured out how . I think it is beyond the capacity of depth and capabilities of this platform . It's maxed out . And actually getting corrupted more and more .
  This is only my opinion based on many dozens recordings of frequent and illogical results . In the 100's .

Last edited by Paul on Sat 05 Jun 2021, 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Forfeiture and quitting the game Empty Re: Forfeiture and quitting the game

Post by Paul Sat 05 Jun 2021, 5:21 am

Open question concerning H 2 H matches
He's talking about H2H records in coin games, which are normally displayed as X amount of wins and losses against anyone on your friends list. They only count the "mobile" rounds, meaning the ones you play on 1, 3 or 9 hole random courses. 
  I guess you are forgetting that PC play was added to H2H rounds 2 years ago . Meaning that is why they are such a popular format now . Because of the 1000's of PC players participating in the format .Still a quick format . With random green speeds . Giving the appearance of having some parity . But still not recording anything with any notable significance . It means nothing to have won or lost against a higher or lower tier . In this format . Or any format . ( with the exception of match play rounds , where there is a significant bonus awarded of points lowering the lower tier victors average for beating a higher tier . But only through the tier of Tour Master )
  Because of the fact that it was originally a mobile feature . As a quick and out inconsequential format . A Stroke play derivative . Only wins and losses were ever recorded . After the round was completed it is then then deleted .The only thing left on the timestamp is the results .
  It may be true that the format is considered a " practice " round . I do not know . But it is not played in " practice " mode .
  Win - Loss records are inconsequential in determining tiers and averages in WGT .
  An opponents score or win or loss does not effect ones WGT stats .
  Nor do they record Holers , Albatrosses , Eagles , Birdees , Pars , Bogeys , etc .
  Or longest drive or longest putt . Shots to the green , GIR . Or anything else that we know to be significant . In coin rounds .
  Forfeits are also excluded as a viable stat . So without the need for any of the above .
  Unless something happens . Like the still majority rule in WGT being the PC player . Continue to challenge the new format . And the many conundrums that it creates . Causing them to go out and buy a drawing board . If it is in the budget ?
  Then this will all stay the same . Or get steadily worse .

If at some point . The Mogens ( mobile generation ) . Decide that they too matter . That they too would like to be a part of the WGT universe . That they should be able to lower their average also . That they would like the opportunity to challenge themselves in tier building . To be able to acquire equipment to match their tier and skill level . To have a solid physical record of their time spent in the battles . To not be frustrated in wonder of how the hell they got to where they are . For it all to be recorded . To be studied and evaluated . To be able to base decisions on real physical statistics .
  I think we would welcome those that had had that AH HA moment . Encourage them . Welcome them with arms wide open . And assist them in their new full journey .
  The others that do not have that desire . Can continue spinning their wheels to their hearts content .
  Our system is already in place . Tried and tested through the annals of time .

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down