Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43669 messages in 6438 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

PUBLIC CITIZEN UGH !

Go down

PUBLIC CITIZEN UGH ! Empty PUBLIC CITIZEN UGH !

Post by Paul Thu 08 Jun 2023, 2:18 pm

I post these PUBLIC CITIZEN announcements . Solely as a source for information we may not otherwise get a chance to hear . While I most often agree with many of their causes . I post these as more informational than political .

the hawkish hawks are hawking

Because of Republican brinkmanship over the debt ceiling, the federal government very nearly ran out of money — an outcome that would have been an economic catastrophe both here at home and around the world.

One thing the GOP got for ransoming the full faith and credit of the United States is a two-year freeze on almost all government spending at current levels. (Spending won’t even be adjusted to keep pace with inflation).

Did you catch that “almost all”?
  • The Pentagon, bless its little five-sided heart, will get an extra $28 billion next year.

• That’s on top of the $858 billion it was already going to get, for a total of $886 billion in military spending next year.

• By the way, that $28 billion increase alone is double the entire budget of the Environmental Protection Agency.

• Never mind that climate disruption threatens not only national security but human civilization as we know it.

Of course, some puppets of the military-industrial complex members of Congress wanted far more than another $28 billion for the Pentagon.

So this was the deal:

The Pentagon would get an increase. But it would be “only” $28 billion. And it would be a ONE-TIME thing. Pretty much everything else — nutrition services, child care, environmental enforcement, railway safety, Native American health services, and countless other essential human needs — would be frozen (not even adjusted for inflation).

I know, some deal. But it is what it is.

However, with the ink not yet dried on that agreement, some jingoistic members of Congress — Republicans AND Democrats — are already trying to renege on the deal and force through a scheme to funnel still more taxpayer money to the Pentagon.

“Russia,” they say.

“China,” they say.

Except:
  • We already spend more on our military than the next nine countries combined spend on theirs — including Russia and China.

• In fact, we spend roughly 10 times what Russia does.

• The Pentagon itself, in a study it tried to suppress, identified more than $100 billion in waste.

• In its most recent audit, which it failed — it has never NOT failed an audit — the Pentagon could account for only 39% of its $3.5 trillion in assets.

These reactionary members of Congress — many of whom have recently done a lot of whining about “out of control government spending” — are trying to renege on the debt ceiling deal they just made to give still more money to an overfunded, wasteful, can’t-pass-an-audit Pentagon rather than to address the pressing needs of everyday Americans.

This is a gambit by the military-industrial complex that we can and must defeat.

Click now to tell Congress: Do not let the most jingoistic senators and representatives renege on the debt ceiling deal just to funnel even more taxpayer money to their puppet masters in the military-industrial complex.

Thanks for taking action.

For progress,

- Robert Weissman, President of Public Citizen
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down