Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44533 messages in 6560 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.

Go down

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  Empty ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.

Post by Paul Fri 04 Aug 2023, 1:39 pm

FROM THE FORUM THE ROAD TO MIURAG

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  0ezeJDRHpAneMxcl5Heu8Na8QS3IgkPAEX0zZQGq

Hello, friends and seekers!

Got some something special ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72 today! ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72 

I've been prepping for this since April! ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72
~

You know those multi-author promos I tuck in between my updates? Those free samples and sign-ups to an author's world?
One might wonder: Does she ever choose to sign on and *gasp* read any of those free books herself?

You're damned right I do!  ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72
~
[size]

This summer, I made time to read offerings from two authors unknown to me but I liked their idea enough to snag their ebook for myself as I shared the links around. It's always good to step out of one's comfort zone.

[/size]
Even better, I had the chance to chat with each author after reading and enjoying their work! It's kind of amazing I could just hit the reply button on their newsletter and talk shop for a bit. Worth! ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72
~

Please allow me to present 2 excellent stories from earlier promos which I've actually read and reviewed!

Both also have follow-up stories I desperately want to continue, but dagnabbit, need real life to slow down a bit! ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72

~~~

First up!

Rachael's Apocalypse Diary Vol. 1 

by Len M. Ruth

She was a sophomore student studying nuclear physics before the virus hit. She has no survival skills. No special training. No one to help her.

Discover the reality of survival in a post-apocalyptic world through Rachael's eyes. From the pages of her diary, learn the truth behind the end of the world and the struggles of those who  remain.

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  BmGBqgAXvhxvYTCHgfgPbzeI8owurEKG4mY1uOHc

I also liked Rachael as a character and found her journey intriguing and immersive, so I picked up Vol. 2,"Going Nuclear" (just 99 cents!). 
I look forward to finding out what happens! 

My Review:
[size]

This story is well-crafted. The diary format allows for trim, economic description of the most critical scenes while the narrative flow remains a story in a clear and strong 1st person voice.
As someone who kept a multi-page-per-day travel diary at one point in her life, the pacing makes sense to me, and I appreciated that the earlier events are sort of quiet and numb with a small focus while the later events get much more detailed and tense as Rachel adapts to a larger view and becomes ever more resourceful.

This novella sets up a post-catastrophe world which has a lot more room to explore (there is a full-length book in this same setting which is encouraging!), and by the end we see a clear direction for Rachel in the next volume. Looking forward to seeing what happens next![/size]

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  DtBJhBYY7fpde5EXYHuFt6KrPOZD9x9lSNREvGHP

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  PoYqemTkzj4So2IvXFNIS2Gk3L0DKMzAB0UBP2HW

Next up!

Death Descends
~
A Temple of Vengeance Prequel

by Dave Reed

Beware the wrath of a peaceful man.

The demon lords of the underworld took my wife and unborn child far too soon. I will take back what is mine. And whatever else I must to do it.

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  KVRms2jYvlzdhm9k3Ltm2xYzY6OEwWchDQp6YdAE

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72My ReviewETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72

I picked this up because I was in the mood for a potential retelling of the myth of Orpheus. While not wrong as a thought to start with, I ended up somewhere in Dante's Inferno with a different ending. XD 
Short version: I enjoyed that descent into Hell!
Lushly and concisely told, we cover a broad story with a direct journey. It has the right amount of detail, conveying the world mythology, the balance of the gods, and Z'nnek's motivations and struggles clearly within the context of the story's events. There are enough horrors of Hell described to be uncomfortable, but we never lose sight of our protagonist's goal, and the resolution of the story is appropriately world-altering.

I feel I have a strong grasp on this world and a broader view of it which may help prepare me for the rest of the series, which is something I always want out of an epic fantasy prequel like this one.

~~~

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  0zWoA9oNAVE9s8gvYEQfPCWL3sDjrRcN4xa1W5CB

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  H3v2VRdQ70b51vaJTolIvql4AwGmnPd9sizI4rSH

I also grabbed Raven Queen, Arise, Book 1 of the Temple of Vengeance because I'd like to see more in this world. ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72

AND!

If you join Mr. Reed's newsletter, you get another story in "Righteous Disobedience"! ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72 

Since I was introduced to this character in the prequel, I'm looking forward to reading more about him! ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72

(I also understand there is some polyamory in this series...ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72)

~

Finally, talking about hidden gems! ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72 

A gentleman I've worked with at Liminal Fiction reached out to me and asked if I would submit NO DEMONS BUT US in the "TAKE NO PRISONERS" StoryBundle sponsored by the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writer's Association!

I was shocked. But I did. And they approved my submission! ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72
~

I'm honored to have been included as the 13th Author in a SFWA StoryBundle! 

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  Bj0RDh6EcmXEE6ivmTIMj5r3g2PRangmfh6D009t

WHAT IS A STORY BUNDLE?

The Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers Association is a nonprofit that looks for hidden gems to supports independent authors directly!

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Buy a Bundle and you support us authors, the SFWA, and other charities
by grabbing some beautiful books.

1) Pay what you want for the first 4 featured books (min. $5)

2) Hit $20+, and get 9 BONUS Books, including mine! TOTAL 13

3) Opt to give part of the proceeds to charity.

NOW THRU AUGUST 17th: https://storybundle.com/sfwa

I received a complementary bundle, so I have MOAR off-the-beaten-path fantasy books to read. ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  72

Click on each book for the blurb and reviews!

I've been highlighting a book a day this week at Facebook and Mastodon, so have been getting familiar with these varied delights. An easy place to follow along get some quick intros to each novel.

If you can, share the link and help me spread the word!

ETASKI : What my summer reads have in common.  B6x73ofogzAHhCySIG7Ic0ulSTJcQ5nAb0UFNz1J

Thank you for being a reader of fantasy!

~ETASKI

[b]Corpus~Nexus Press[/b]
1015 Grupp Rd, St. Louis, MO 63131
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down