Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44629 messages in 6567 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

Inspiring Quotes * 20 'Calvin and Hobbes' Quotes to Make You Smile *

Go down

Inspiring Quotes * 20 'Calvin and Hobbes' Quotes to Make You Smile * Empty Inspiring Quotes * 20 'Calvin and Hobbes' Quotes to Make You Smile *

Post by Paul Thu 17 Aug 2023, 5:41 pm

20 'Calvin and Hobbes' Quotes to Make You Smile

Inspiring Quotes * 20 'Calvin and Hobbes' Quotes to Make You Smile * Calvin10

Ask anyone — expert or otherwise — to name the most popular newspaper comics of all time, and Calvin and Hobbes is sure to be on the list. Created by cartoonist Bill Watterson, who credited Peanuts as an inspiration, Calvin and Hobbes was first published in November 1985. At the height of its popularity, it was syndicated in more than 2,400 newspapers worldwide — quite an achievement for a story about a 6-year-old boy and his stuffed tiger.

The comic strip appealed to a large audience. Kids could appreciate the colorful characters, slapstick action, and flights of fancy, while adults could ponder the comic’s exploration of issues such as public education, environmentalism, family life, and art. Watterson’s approach was at times highly philosophical — he did, after all, name his two central characters after the 16th-century theologian John Calvin and the 17th-century philosopher Thomas Hobbes.

Through Hobbes — Calvin’s Bengal tiger — the very nature of reality is questioned. For Calvin, Hobbes is indeed a real tiger, while everyone else in the comic sees him as a stuffed toy. The truth is left for the reader to decide. This contemplation of truth and reality was important to Watterson and integral to the comic. As Watterson once told students at Kenyon College, “To invent your own life's meaning is not easy, but it's still allowed.”

The inquiring and philosophical nature of Calvin in Hobbes was, of course, underlined by one key component: humor. Here are some of the funniest quotes from the comic strip, as spoken by Calvin, Hobbes, Calvin’s long-suffering parents, and other beloved characters.

Calvin

I think night time is dark so you can imagine your fears with less distraction.
Calvin

You know, there are times when it’s a source of personal pride to not be human.
Hobbes

The secret to enjoying your job is to have a hobby that's even worse.
Calvin’s father

They say winning isn’t everything, and I’ve decided to take their word for it.
Calvin

Our class voted Calvin the “most likely to be seen on the news some day.”
Susie

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.
Calvin

When you think how well basic appliances work, it's hard to believe anyone ever gets on an airplane.
Calvin

Where do we keep all our chainsaws, Mom?
Calvin

Never argue with a 6-year-old who shaves.
Calvin

I wonder what people knew before there were magazine quizzes.
Hobbes

You jerk! This is for sending me a valentine card with a drawing of me as a worm-eaten corpse!
Susie

Getting an inch of snow is like winning 10 cents in the lottery.
Calvin

Maybe we can eventually make language a complete impediment to understanding.
Hobbes

I don’t care. We’re not having an anatomically correct snowman in the front yard.
Calvin’s mother

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Calvin

I see. And what will you do if the rest of your life doesn’t entertain you every minute?
Miss Wormwood

The way Calvin's brain is wired, you can almost hear the fuses blowing.
Susie

Don't get discouraged, we got the same result after working on you for six years.
Calvin’s father

Moms and reasons are like oil and water.
Calvin

Look! A trickle of water running through some dirt! I'd say our afternoon just got booked solid!
Calvin
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down