Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 475 registered users
The newest registered user is Menupanda

Our users have posted a total of 44827 messages in 6602 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

INSPIRING QUOTES On the benefits of silliness

Go down

INSPIRING QUOTES On the benefits of silliness  Empty INSPIRING QUOTES On the benefits of silliness

Post by Paul Fri 09 Jun 2023, 12:09 pm

INSPIRING QUOTES On the benefits of silliness  Being_10

Humans can be very serious creatures. We contemplate existence and plan for the future, open bank accounts and pay bills. But no one, arguably, can immerse themselves solely in serious matters for too long, not even the most dour of bureaucrats. Perhaps that’s why we’ve evolved to utilize a very special talent: silliness.
Silliness is very much a part of human psychology. As cognitive psychology professor Janet M Gibson put it, “Everybody’s silly at some time, it’s just that it’s not identical.” What’s more, she explained, “It takes a lot of social intelligence to know when you can be silly… That willingness to do silly things, to be playful, can be like saying, ‘We’re going to relax the constraints of the world.’”
So there you go: It’s fine to be a little goofy sometimes. It may even be necessary. But if you’re still not convinced, here are some quotes about the benefits of being silly, from famous figures past and present.

Mix a little foolishness with your prudence; it's good to be silly at the right moment.

Horace
Share Quote

Life is a jest, and all things show it; I thought so once, but now I know it.

John Gay, poet and dramatist
Share Quote

Give me the young man who has brains enough to make a fool of himself!

Robert Louis Stevenson
Share Quote

If people did not sometimes do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.

Ludwig Wittgenstein
Share Quote

I was young and foolish then; now I am old and foolisher.

Mark Twain
Share Quote

Happiness and the absurd are two sons of the same earth. They are inseparable.

Albert Camus
Share Quote

Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.

Rose Franken, author and playwright
Share Quote

Children have one kind of silliness, as you know, and grown-ups have another kind.

C.S. Lewis
Share Quote

Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity.

Christopher Morley
Share Quote

What Jim [Henson] really wanted to do was to sing songs and tell stories, teach children, promote peace, save the planet, celebrate man, praise God, and be silly.

Jerry Juhl, writer for “The Muppets”
Share Quote

Until you’re ready to look foolish, you’ll never have the possibility of being great.

Cher
Share Quote

The best actors, I think, have a childlike quality. They have a sort of an ability to lose themselves. There's still some silliness.

Kenneth Branagh
Share Quote

Most grown-ups forget what it was like to be a kid. I vowed that I would never forget. I also found child's play — stuff that was not considered serious, but goofy — was the stuff I liked to do, so I still do it as an adult.

Matt Groening, cartoonist and animator
Share Quote

I remember a friend many years ago who had taped a sign to his refrigerator: There's a dream dreaming us. If you try to think about what that means it makes your mind silly, but that silliness is good.

Natalie Goldberg, author and speaker
Share Quote

[Silliness is] very, very, important. Very important. The other side of it is taking yourself terribly seriously. Which I think occasionally, you know, if you're a brain surgeon, I wouldn't want him to be silly when he's doing the operation. But afterwards, if he wants to go laugh around that's fine. There's got to be a silly side to all of it.

Michael Palin
Share Quote

If the universe is anything, it should be fun.

― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Share Quote

Photo credit: MmeEmil/ iStock

INSPIRING QUOTES On the benefits of silliness  Profile-pic
About the Author
Tony Dunnell
Tony is an English writer of non-fiction and fiction living on the edge of the Amazon jungle.
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down