Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44533 messages in 6560 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT

Go down

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Empty VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT

Post by Paul Thu 20 Jul 2023, 1:13 pm

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT

Page 1

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Empty Page 2

Post by Paul Thu 20 Jul 2023, 1:24 pm

• VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  U16278873_20221031_142112.jpg?0.166 VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  CAN.gif?0.166
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Nation.png?0.166
    SimonTheBeetle
    3,333 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 7:26 PM

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Icon-quotepdb1:

Simon . Here is a better list .

Whoa! Even more! LOL Thanks, mate.

• VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  U23969318_20220604_083352.jpg?0.166VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  USA.gif?0.166
    el3n1
    4,470 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:36 AM
    I have wondered if someone had worked on something along these lines... but my mind prefers to see things a little more organized ... and it would also make certain threads or topics more easily found in a search.
    Some topics have multiple threads ... so I often wondered if someone created a list of various categories rather than one long list... such that doing a search on "putting" for example would bring a thread on Putting with a list of various putting threads versus trying to dig up multiple searches and finding what to sort through.
    I believe the thread topic would need to focus on the most common searches and then within each of those common searches a List could be found of various threads or discussions on those topics.
    some obvious examples:
    Putting tips thread (sub categories... speed control, aiming, ding vs miss ding)
    Approach shots - shreadsheet calculations
    Managing Winds - distance and aiming
    Short Game approaches (pitch / flop / punch shots)
    VEM - Variance and UFO's
    A - Z - some of the best discussions or humorous threads

Of course even a thread like the one you started could contain the list of each of these and more topics..  Unfortunately.. I am certain there are things I haven't come across and others who have been around a lot longer than me.  I did do a bit of research to learn the game so anything I have collected I would be happy to share...
    Here are some samples of Putting threads I collected and looked at:
     A few putting links: Tekoma - JCSneed - StoneCold Nivlac - Young46 - AgentBrown123 -  Naturali  - 11BC2appears to be removed) - Gold's (old one April 2012 I hadn't seen but haven't tested)  -  ???Simple   - newer version of JC Sneed on ipad by babzilla33 

• VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  U5453491_20230617_111501.jpg?0.166 VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  USA.gif?0.166
    pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 2:16 PM

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Icon-quoteel3n1:
     A few putting links: Tekoma - JCSneed - StoneCold Nivlac - Young46 - AgentBrown123 -  Naturali  - 11BC2appears to be removed) - Gold's (old one April 2012 I hadn't seen but haven't tested)  -  ???Simple   - newer version of JC Sneed on ipad by babzilla33 

GR8 list e . I think putting lists are more common than other topics . Mostly for the in depth commentary provided by so many expert WGT players . Putting seems to have been studied more thoroughly from every angle and perspective . By so many .
      This list Here . Was not that . More specifically for me to refer to or remember some of the most controversial , humorous threads in the main forum ..
      When I had a CC . The CC forum had an index that took up the entire front page . All specifically categorized in different categories of interest .
    Tutorials and How To's from all over the main forum and our CC and website.
    Events . Site wide and CC .
    General info . All about WGT , CLASHES , Pro Shop ,etc .
    Mostly our own CC events . Stroke brackets , CTTH brackets , Daily Blitz , in CC Stroke play and Match play challenges . SOTW , Single play , CC vs CC . etc .Really more than any single person could play .
    Leader boards , winners , next events start time , Then trophies for every single one of them .
      And so much more .
      I tried to keep it current and at ones fingertips for access . It was a mixed bag of success .Many found it convenient . Many found it too confusing to find anything in . With events changing , starting , stopping , and starting again . Almost on a daily basis . I literally spent hours each day keeping the info current . Leaving myself to still play any events I hadn't played or ( missed ) yet that day . Then to tend to all the messages of inquiries , complaints , missed invites I didn't see because who can see that little green icon ? If you aren't staring right at it waiting for an invite ? I mean who does that ? While I was updating all the LISTS and creating new rounds .
      So even though I am a big proponent for specific LISTS . Keeping them current isn't easy and comes with a price ,

• VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  U14708203_20230620_113307.jpg?0.166VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  CAN.gif?0.166
    callaghan159
    6,090 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 3:38 PM

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Icon-quoteFartman56:
    what thrill does WGT get out of *** me.

Squeeze your butt cheeks, it makes it harder for them.

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Icon-quote Fartman56:
    what thrill does WGT get out of *** me. You need to fix this wind *** you got going on.

When I was younger we called it a p***y fart.

You need to fix this wind

It is hurricane season in the USA is it not. Could be part of your problem.

You have already lost 90% of your players

Probably explains why A/S games are hard to come by lately.

Cheers

• VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  U5453491_20230617_111501.jpg?0.166VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  USA.gif?0.166
    pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 4:03 PM

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Icon-quoteFartman56:

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  489373493
     Feel better ?

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Icon-quotecallaghan159:
    Probably explains why A/S games are hard to come by lately

I wish that it was that simple . Unfortunately it is a format that has been on the decline for some time . Needs a revival .

• VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  U23969318_20220604_083352.jpg?0.166VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  USA.gif?0.166
    el3n1
    4,470 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 7:49 PM

So even though I am a big proponent for specific LISTS . Keeping them current isn't easy and comes with a price ,

No doubt, lot of info there.  Another one might be links to the various shot / wind calculators.... pinhunters version, Bilkos, Kats, plus the various options shared by players to do calcs quick mentally or on a calculator.... versus using complex spreadsheets.
    But yes... some topics are not as common... but for those that are... could save time.  But then maybe the search is part of the journey... 

• VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  U5453491_20230617_111501.jpg?0.166VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  USA.gif?0.166
    pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:42 PM
    Absolutely . Here are a few old ones . Some may not work any longer .
    I will edit once it gets through moderation .

Kats
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8zXgJL4jcQeaEI1NHBRc2N4c1E&usp=sharing
    Bilko's
    https://sites.google.com/site/bilkosputterpal/jacobsgolfstats/wind-calculator-program
    Caron's Putting Chart
    Pinhunters GS wind / putting calc

The new GS wind/putting calculator

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  31e680_43c3e50df8e54c5db6e4107ebd1ada0c~mv2

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  31e680_bf9c3a424c464c23982dc13c905ce863~mv2
    WalkofLife
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WGAUu-a72sD8jmrSQKp5VNHDVhBqHxxIK1nDz1wmX5g/edit?usp=sharing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vEsKZ4M9T4&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9SVkHecqR5w7mkXKvjGrw/videos
    WalkofLife Punch Chart
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Y9nipctR_jRHj2L-KWkFxN29oYAqBaIaLEmid__Lgo/edit?usp=sharing_eixpa_nl&ts=588468a7
    MistressCosetteamazingblog

Putting Math (not for the faint of heart)
    Printable Nike Daytona and Ghost Putter Distance Scales
    WGT - Putting.xlsx
    viewable in my website

JC SNEED SAYS PUTTING BY NUMBERS UPDATE ( no longer available in this forum )

https://sites.google.com/site/bilkosputterpal/jacobsgolfstats/wind-calculator-program]

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8zXgJL4jcQeaEI1NHBRc2N4c1E&usp=sharing

Understanding Wind, Precision & Forgiveness ( must see )

These are so good . A must see.

Tekoma putting 1

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1igync_tekoma-s-putting-techniques-vol-1_videogames
    Tekoma putting 2

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1leatk_tekoma-s-putting-techniques-vol-2_videogames

• VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  U5453491_20230617_111501.jpg?0.166 VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  USA.gif?0.166
    pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 9:03 PM
      It has come to my attention ( mostly in PCEA , but in Flash as well ).
      That many still have a hybrid . When they could benefit more with a 3rd wedge and use their 9 iron in place of the hybrid .
      Wedges are so amazing . Remember when Mickleson played Merion with 5 wedges ?
      This is my example of a GR8 amount of wedge utilization .Note the different yardages with each type of shot  .
      There are 4 different wedges and 5 different shots = 20 different possibilities .
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  My_ful11
    my full wedges 52 w = 115 yds , 56 w = 100 yds , 60 w = 80 yds , 64 w = 60 yds
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  My_pit11
    my pitch wedges 52 w = 39 yds , 56 w = 33 yds , 60 w = 25 yds , 64 w = 17 yds
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  My_chi12
    my chip wedges 52 w = 20 yds , 56 w = 16 yds , 60 w = 11 yds , 64 w = 7 yds
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  My_pun11
    my punch wedges 52 w = 96 yds , 56 w = 84 yds ,  60 w = 68 yds , 64 w = 50 yds
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  My_flo11
    my flop wedges 52 w = 47 yds , 56 w = 38 yds , 60 w = 29 yds , 64 w = 20 yds .
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Wedge_10
    my 52* wedge doesn't really work or make sense for me. 115 is too close to 9 i .
    full  = 115 yds , punch = 96 yds , flop = 47 yds , pitch = 39 yds , chip = 20 yds =  ,
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Wedge_11
      And having this variety helps with amazing accuracy .
      Has it helped me ? Yes . I have a lot of good approach birdees , eagles , & holers .
      Here are a few . I have dozens more recorded .
    ANOTHER HOLE IN THE ISLAND # 10 109 yds
    JUST A LITTLE CHIP IN
    NOW THAT'S ONE HELLUVA CHIP
    SHORT , FULL , AND PLOP st andy 17
    EAGLE PITCH AT PINEHUST
    BLIND PITCH FOR EAGLE BPB
    PITCH PERFECT
    BPB # 9 PITCHER BRD
    RSG PITCHER
    BLITZ PITCH
    BIRD ON THE HILL bpb flop
    FLOPPIN IN THE WIND WITH THE EAGLES
    FEELIN FLOPPY
    JUST ANOTHER FLOPPIN DAY AT BANDON
    FLOPPIN # 7 ST. A EAGLE
    FLOP IN THE PINES
    FLOPPIN EAGLE
    ANOTHER FLOPPIN EAGLE
    BETH FLOPS OVER PAGE
    HOLE OUT OF THE BUNKER
    eagle first hole st andys

LATE ROUND FLOP pb

BPB PITCH # 1

HITS THE RARE ST ANDY # 17 BIRD
    EDGEWOOD ENDING
    FLOPPIN ISLAND BLITZ ACE
    PEBBLES BAM BAM FLOP

Of course these replays can no longer be viewed as WGT flash replays .

That's why I converted my 236 replays and the replays of 126 other WGTers . Totalling 470 replays .Into YouTube videos .

The WGTers replays can be found in their own personal Halls of Fame .

WGTers PERSONAL KICK ASS HALLS OF FAME(all YouTube videos) 

The bulk of the replays in no particular order can be found in .

Valley of the Sun CC KICK ASS HALL OF FAME 10 pages of replays

_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=_=

That's all fine and well . But I cannot seem to learn to putt . My game will always suffer until I can figure it out .

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Icon-quoteel3n1:

I have wondered if someone had worked on something along these lines... but my mind prefers to see things a little more organized ... and it would also make certain threads or topics more easily found in a search.
    Some topics have multiple threads ... so I often wondered if someone created a list of various categories rather than one long list... such that doing a search on "putting" for example would bring a thread on Putting with a list of various putting threads versus trying to dig up multiple searches and finding what to sort through.

My LIST (s)( recently updated ) .
      Will take some time to organize and categorize . I do update them periodically . And do some sorting . But they are not in my focus often . I have got a few head aches at times trying to figure which way to go with topics .
      This Forums SEARCH is much better than I am .

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 9:25 PM
    The following pages have :
    I am posting these and other . Not so conventional ( or maybe they are ) scenarios . For the sole purpose of providing useful information to help when making decisions related to these topics .

Some may not have considered all sides of these issues . I am happy to bring different perspectives . .

I in no way am trying to say I am right . Or wrong . These current issues . Also go way back . To before I even started here . 2012 .

There are these and other components to consider . For us and the development team

That is all I am intending . To provide more perspectives . To help lower the complications . And to help keep the complications less in the future .

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2020 11:51 AM
    Here is another list . Best yet . Better than mine .
    SIMON SAYS
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Ss10

Here is another list . Best yet . Better than mine .
    SIMON SAYS

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Empty Page 3

Post by Paul Thu 20 Jul 2023, 1:29 pm

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2021 1:35 PM
    I am posting these and other . Not so conventional ( or maybe they are ) scenarios . For the sole purpose of providing useful information to help when making decisions related to these topics .

Some may not have considered all sides of these issues . I am happy to bring different perspectives . .

I in no way am trying to say I am right . Or wrong . These current issues . Also go way back . To before I even started here . 2012 .

There are these and other components to consider . For us and the development team

That is all I am intending . To provide more perspectives . To help lower the complications . And to help keep the complications less in the future .

<^><^><^><^><^><^>

Here are a few more archives with various scenarios to consider . Offering a different perspective than others .
      I always say . " There are 18 ways to do it . And their all right . "
    By JimQ916
      Hi all you great members.....hope you're having a great Sunday. I previously posted a few suggestions in the forum concerning the CC Tournament set up that some members liked and some not so much. Taking everything into consideration I have thought about how to have more members sign up and complete the Tournaments they have signed up for. Here are my suggestions

1) Time period....I suggest a minimum of 3 days (ideally 5) to complete a round / tournament:
    ***I've found that tournaments set up for 3 days or less has numerous members who don't / can't finish their rounds in time. Many members have jobs / family / obligations that prevent them from playing daily and / or even every 3 days so they can't finish in time. There are also numerous other things in our club to do (Blitz / Bracket / Specialty Tournaments) that crunch a members ability to play what they want and consider our CC Tournaments as not a priority (last on the of things to do list).

2) How many Rounds...I suggest no more than 2 but any amount is up to you
    *** I've found that Tournaments set up for 1 or 2 rounds have more participation and less members who sign up and don't play, or withdraw because of the length. Tournaments set up for 4 rounds have numerous members who play a round or 2 then either drop out or don't have the the time to finish and WD (see #1 above)

3) Split Tiers....I suggest that most, if not all, Tournaments that are split up for Lower / Upper Tiers draw more people more complete the Tournaments
    *** I've found that "All Tier Tournaments" are dominated by the L - TL's with the lower tier members finishing usually 6th or worse at best. I understand that the "All Tier" set up is preferred by some but the idea of "Split Tier Tournaments (H - TM and L - TL) would allow every member entered to compete against players of similar skills with a chance to Win. I find it frustrating to post a 32 - 33 and get beat by 5 - 6 strokes thus I avoid these "All Tier Tournaments"  with many other lower Tier members avoiding them also.

4) Green Speeds / Wind / Tee's...I suggest that the green speeds be set up with the default speed used by WGT.
    *** I've found that the green speeds be used in the set up of a Tournament sometimes influences a player to play or not. For the "Lower Tier" Players make the speeds Fast - Very Fast and the "Upper Tier" either Tournament  - Championship. You can choose the difficulty of a Tournament by moving around the tee's and adjusting wind speed. Every so often have a Tournament set up with faster green speed but make those few and far between. I myself, being just a Master, putt on VF greens but also enjoy playing on Tournament greens from time to time and Championship greens and up just kick my butt. Also, take into account the difficulty of the course being played... i recently screwed up by making a Tournament (at Brandon) with impossible green speeds for that course.

5) 9 or 18 Holes...I suggest that most, if not all, tournaments be 9 hole rounds and not 18
    *** Once again I screwed up when I set up the Brandon Tournament and made the rounds 18 holes and not 2 rounds of 9 each. I should have set the Tournament up for 2 rounds (1st one front 9, second round Back 9) and never gave a thought to all the time constraints of the members (see #1 above) when I did it.

6) Entry Fee....I suggest that Tournaments be set up for a minimal amount of credits to enter (10 - 20 - 30)
    I've found that the Tournaments that have a "low" entry fee attracts more members than one's that have a higher fee to join, especially in "All Tiered" Tournaments. Also, no pay Tournaments sometimes have numerous members joining or just a couple...flip of the coin. At our CC level we're allowed to have 12 free and 12 pay Tournaments going at once. See where we are in the amount of Tournaments there are but let's try to have 10 and 10 going at once. If we have all 24 set up there's no room for the Bracket Tournaments to be set up nor any other "Specialty" Tournaments, such as the "Starter Equipment" Tournaments.

OK, that about covers what I feel would be ideal to attract members to join and also finish any CC Tournaments that are set up. I beg all members to consider setting up CC Tournaments and do so anyway you see fit.....these are just things I've noticed since becoming the Tournament Directer and checking each Tournament daily. Once again, these are only my suggestions and not requirements to set them up........Have a great Sunday......Jim
    <^><^><^><^><^><^>
    More on  lowering ones average .

As far as playing to lower your average and move up in tier . The CC unlimited play single player round is by far the best format . 

The unlimited play format means . That one can play a round over and over . One can finish that round , which will make it count . Both on your average and in game completion . Then if you don't like the score you can play it again . 

But the proper way to utilize the unlimited play format to your advantage . Is to end the round before the 9th or the 18th hole . You do this by either just ending the round and replaying it at another time . Or the proper way is to click the menu and click " restart " . That is only available in these unlimited play rounds . Whether you just end the round before it is over or click " restart " . It will not effect your game completion percentage . You can do this as many times as you want . Before the end of the round . The only round that counts is the one you finish . 

So technically and hypothetically you could play until you got a score lower than your average . Finish the round that is lower than your average . ( this is if you are not saturated . ) Then your average will only go down .
       If you are saturated in your tier . None of this matters . Because any score above your average is thrown out , will not count in any format . 

So anyway what this means is that you are already playing a custom made CC tourney . Custom made to your liking by our very good tourney makers . If you do not find formats and features that you like . Ask them to make them , or make it yourself . 

So the various custom features make the tournament much more fun than just default WGT settings . So the custom features and the unlimited play " restart " feature . Allow you to play more times . Helping you to learn the course better enabling you to hone your skills .

You may not be able to beat your average . But you can play a few times until you get a reasonable score that you can live with . Complete the round . Then go play another course a few times until you get a score you like on that one . 

Remember . If you play a course 23 times . And on each time you restarted before the end of the 9th or the 18th holes . Those rounds do not count at all . Even if you never finish the round . None of them will count . 

If you have a good score on your 24th try and you finish that round . It will count . The only one that will count . 
      This is the best way to prepare oneself for the tougher features of play in the WGT tourneys . And the very tough multi player stroke play rounds with players of your tiers from all over WGT . Where you want to perform well . You don't get to restart in those . They count in every way .

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2021 4:24 PM
    MORE ARCHIVES : FUN CC EVENTS
    THESE ARE FUN IN CC MATCHES . THAT ALL CAN ENJOY .
    There are two new challenges in the CC now . They will be exactly like the " Magic Star " stroke play challenge and " The King " match play challenge . Which will now be for Legends and up .

These in CC challenges are fun , competitive , friendly matches . Are inspiring and compelling . There are 2 groups for  Stroke Play titles and 2 groups for  Match Play titles .

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Magic_10

To challenge the " Magic Star "  . The challenger picks a 9 hole course and challenges the holder of the " Magic Star "  to a stroke play  round . Stating at the beginning of the round that this is for the " Magic Star " . If the challenger wins , he is now the " Magic Star "  . And it will be posted on his wall .Legends , Tour Legends , Champions .

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  King10
      To challenge the " The King " . The challenger picks a 9 hole course and challenges the holder of the " The King " to a match play  round . Stating at the beginning of the round that this is for the " The King "  . If the challenger wins , he is now the " The King " . And it will be posted on his wall . Legends , Tour Legends , Champions .

They will be called the " Golden Dragon  " stroke play challenge  and " The  Royal Moon " match play challenge . These will be for Tour Masters and down . 
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Golden10

To challenge the " Golden Dragon " . The challenger picks a 9 hole course and challenges the holder of the " Golden Dragon " to a stroke play  round . Stating at the beginning of the round that this is for the " Golden Dragon " . If the challenger wins , he is now the " Golden Dragon " . And it will be posted on his wall . Hack's , Amateur's , Pro's , Tour Pro's , Master's , Tour Master's

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Royal_10

To challenge the " Royal Moon " . The challenger picks a 9 hole course and challenges the holder of the " Royal Moon " to a match play  round . Stating at the beginning of the round that this is for the " Royal Moon " .. If the challenger wins , he is now the " Royal Moon " . And it will be posted on his wall .
    Hack's , Amateur's , Pro's , Tour Pro's , Master's , Tour Master's  These should be fun for all .

They should be active and circulate throughout the C C .

• VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  U5850577_20210102_213025.jpg?0.166VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  CAN.gif?0.166
    HenryKawa
    1,691 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2021 5:21 PM
    Hello Paul.  Are we still friends? 
    I have not been around much lately.  I am now in charge of a team of Covid Enforcement Officer.  I was asked to head up the elite team so I am back in the game again..... after being retired for 4 years.   Its nice to be I/C again.   Talk again soon Paul.  

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Sun, May 23 2021 6:52 PM

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Icon-quoteHenryKawa:
    Hello Paul.  Are we still friends? 

Of course we are Henry .

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Icon-quoteHenryKawa:
    I am now in charge of a team of Covid Enforcement Officer. 

You Go . Henry .

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2021 12:55 AM

pdb1
    13,695 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 8:49 AM
    SOMEONE ASKED IF CC TOURNEYS ARE RANKED & DO THEY COUNT

Yes they do . That's the gr8 thing about a CC . It's not cheating . You still have to play a lot . You still have to be good and step up to the plate and maintain consistancy . But it is faster . But still takes a hella long ass time . It is legit . We have had several Champion's come up . Took them a very long time . They can whip our asses with they're eyes closed . So go for it of course they are ranked . Even using the restart until you get the score you can agree with for that round .

Furthermore in this CC we are all pulling for each other . We are team VOTSCC . When you enter a CC tourney a tiered CC Tourney with all the variables changed from the default WGT tiered Tourneys of the same course . To make them interesting and more to your liking . And each week the variables change . Giving you the chance to really learn that course . if you play against the course . Not even thinking about another score ( because it is awesome to be amongst many other gr8 low scores ) . Just play your game , play the course , I think you will find gr8 results knowing there isn't competitiveness but rather gr8 commaradary amongst us .

Look I might sound crazy but I'm telling you I had a serious attitude change a couple years ago and the things I am striving for in this CC really work . I think there is already evidence of it throughout . We have a long way to go . But we have a gr8 start . Let's just keep on keepin on .
    Player reputation is not enabled in WGT . IDK if it ever has been . What you are referring to is game completion percentage . The GCP only works or counts in multi player rounds . Period . It is not in effect in any CC tournament or any WGT single play matches . The game completion drop can only be attributed to the stroke , match , and alternate shot in multi player rounds that you play . WGT glitches that cause disconnects are mostly responsible for that % to drop . I assure you that any thing you do in single player and CC play does not effect your game completion % . Here is an exerpt from WGT FAQ

MULTIPLAYER GAME COMPLETION PERCENTAGE

I see a colored ball with a checkmark in it on my account and other players in a multiplayer lobby. What is that?

The colored ball you see next to player names in multiplayer lobbies is their Multiplayer Game Completion Percentage. It represents the percentage of the time the player finishes a multiplayer game. Green represents excellent completion percentage, Yellow represent good completion and Orange represents below average completion. The value are determined by the player's last 100 multiplayer games.

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2021 12:57 AM

pdb1
    13,695 Posts
    Sat, Dec 10 2016 2:57 PM

ON THE OTHER HAND . IF YOU ARE TIRED OF BEING STUCK IN THE MIDDLE LEVELS .
      This is as good a place as any to repost this information . 
      My article 9 SHADES OF GREY . Explains all of the ways one can spin their wheels while having fun . Meaning formats that do not lower your average and do not count for anything . 
      There is one very big exception . 
      Match play rounds played and won against a player of a higher tier . WGT gives a super huge giant bonus points award for match play matches won by a lower tier . You can actually drop your average 2 or 3 points in 1 round by beating a player of an upper tier in a scored match play round . ( this would normally take 50 to 100 rounds to drop your average in stroke play ) . This feature is one way myself and many others came up in WGT . 
      In the " FIND A GAME " or the " CREATE A GAME " features you will find many upper tier players that will play you . It is hard and tough . You will have to play at their green speeds . You will make many friends with lots of experience and good tips . They will even let you win sometimes . They will sometimes gift you clubs or balls if you have good matches and they see you are fun and serious . This is no bullshyt . You will find upper tier players with 10,000 to 15,000 match play rounds . They just like to play . 
      It is a very viable way to tier up . Especially if you are not new . And you are a man . The wins , gifts and the gimmes will not come easy . But they will come 
      I have written about this many times before . After this mornings match with Charlie " fairyqueen "  You all remember her . Still a very good friend of mine . And one that I am confident will return to VOTSCC someday . Who not surprisingly was conned into starting their own CC by the infamous harryskunk in his never ending search to build the ultimate CC . POND JUMPERS ELITE . A name I came up with by the way . They loved it . Needless to say and totally expected harry left without a word after 2 weeks . 
      After I showed Char the match play bonus . She ran with it .
    • fairyqueen moved up to the Legend tier..
    • Yesterday . A little early I would say . As she has quite awhile at level 41 before she will be able to get high level equipment . 

But she is very good . When I met her in October she was an amateur .
      She soon joined . And left . But we play about once a week . 
      Anyway she has been taking advantage of that match play bonus . 
      Much easier for a female . 
      But still a very good way for anyone . Especially if you have been playing your ass off and seemingly getting nowhere for a long time .
      This is a very valuable tip . Many of you could use it to your advantage . It doesn't happen overnight . But it is much faster . 

BTW this bonus feature is only available through the Tour Master level . All levels Tour Master and below can get that bonus playing a tier or 2 or 3 or 4 above their own . The higher the tier above your own that you can defeat , the higher the bonus point average drop . 
      At the level Legend this bonus stops .

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Empty Page 3 continued

Post by Paul Thu 20 Jul 2023, 1:30 pm

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2021 1:28 AM
    CC vs CC INTERPLAY  ( ARCHIVES )

My name is Paul " pdb1 " . I run a little CC called Valley of the SUN Casual Club C C .

Fun bunch of GR8 members . We have been playing CC vs CC Interplay for about a year and a half . 11 events . For me the idea is to match up about a 16 player team with another CC with the same size roster ( can be adjusted ) . To meet and play a match or two with an opponent from the other CC . In a match play setting . To have fun and meet & friend some new people from another CC and end up with some more cool players for multiplayer rounds in the future . Has worked every time for me .
      CC vs CC or Interplay or Clashes are 3 in the same .

They all mean CC vs CC .

WGT has its own version that they spring up on us every couple of weeks or so . 

Much different than the independent events  that have been going on between   CC's since CC's were created here .

This is the basic format .

CC's interested in playing against other CC's have various means of communicating and contacting each other . 

The idea is to arrange an event that matches two rosters with some sort of parity to play rounds With 1 or a team from one CC to play another CC .

Once the format is agreed upon . The host CC is given the other CC's roster . Matches up their roster with the other . Picks a course and provides the line up to the opposing CC .

It is then the responsibility of the two opponents from both teams to contact and friend and arrange a match at both of their convenience 

.There is usually a 2 to 3 week period in which to play this one match with your opponent from the other CC .

Except I have made these a 2 round format in match play . Usually Pebble Beach fr 9 then Pebble Beach bk 9 . 

These are to be played by the same 2 players . As separate rounds . Can play fr 9 one day and bk 9 another day . Or can be played back to back . But as separate rounds . 

A couple reasons I have made these 2 rounders .

One meeting with two strangers is like a flash in the pan . Like it really never happened . 2 rounds really give them something to discuss and make it more of a real discussion . 
      Also could be considered a redemption round or an even up round . If you kick his ass in the first round ( in the most sporting and friendly way of course ) . There is another round for him to try and redeem himself . Or not . 

Once the rosters are filled and the match ups made . Which BTW may or may not be even by tier or level . Some times demographics & location for time zones are considered first . These are match play and can go either way . And they only count in our minds anyway . 

Once the rosters are filled and the match ups made and the start date is determined . I will create a thread in Community-Organized Tournament 
    With a title like " TEAM SO & SO HAS SOME FUN IN THE SUN ". 

That will be a common place for both teams and CC's to be able to contact , or inquire , comment , post scores , complain , shout out , etc . 
      For all the 2 player match ups from the 2 teams . It is both of your responsibilities to make what ever efforts it takes to contact , friend , discuss , and arrange your matches . 
      Both owners need to know how that progress is going . That makes it necessary to either inquire about your opponent in the thread if you aren't having any luck . Or post " So and So and I have friended and are going to play tomorrow " . 

So that's GR8 . But if that match doesn't happen . Which is often the case . You both need to be on it again and reschedule and post your progress so that both owners know something is happening .

After each match is played . one or both of you post who won in the thread . I will update the scorecard accordingly  . 
      Just say I won 2 up over So and So . Or I won the first match . The points margin is only a point of interest and will not have a bearing on the tournament . You either win your round or lose it . Or win both or lose both or split . 

Okay that is all the basics all the way through . 

Now what is needed is for hopefully if possible 16 of you to step up to represent TEAM SO & SO . As their Interplay team . To commit to the protocol above and to play each event to the end 

We have all tiers BTW . And at the moment 14 players . But I think we will have 2 more . 

I know out of all of you . !6 of you will want to be involved with this .

Please enjoy . 

Paul 
    VOTSCC vs CC

VOTSCC VS THE PEOPLES CLUB 1st INTERPLAY
    VOTSCC VS EVERY DAY PEOPLE . 2nd INTERPLAY CLASH
    *CLASH IN SESSION
    *VOTSCC INTERPLAY TEAM IS READY FOR ANOTHER
    *HEY BAD MOON RISING
    *SCOUNDRELS & WENCHES IN THE VALLEY
    *VOTSCC vs FANTASY BAY INTERPLAY # 5
    *VOTSCC vs LAS VEGAS KNIGHTS INTERPLAY # 6
    *LIVE AND LET GOLF IN THE VOTS
    *VOTSCC vs BAD MOON RISING
    *Scoundrels & Wenches CC vs Calm Waters CC
    VALLEY OF THE SUN vs ARNIES ARMY
    Jeff's New WGT CC vs CC Interplay format
    *BAD MOON RISING IN THE VALLEY OF THE SUN
    *BUSHWACKING IN THE VALLEY OF THE SUN

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2021 2:57 PM
    Paul Thu 22 Oct 2015 - 20:04
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  9k=
    @KellyGreer wrote:Mike invited me to play an AS game the other day - same day I joined this CC as a matter of fact - and he tried to get several other of this CC's members to join that game (members who were GREEN.....errr Paul, hint, hint, hint) but several turned down the invite (as they said they were already playing in a game - yet their status was shown as GREEN) and several (err Paul, hint, hint, hint) never responded at all.

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  1-21
      Kelly , these are good questions and have been asked many times before . I will briefly explain these at this time . i need to go to sleep .
      First please read this
      Friending a WGT CC member is the same thing as shaking the hand of a team mate . Period . Here in VOTSCC especially . You have nothing to fear from the less than 60 members here in our very cool CC . Much to gain though .
      First friending a CC members only does a few things .
      1) enables a green dot when available  available only means that their computer is on and are logged into WGT and are not in the middle of a multi player round . Does not mean they are staring at their computer screen waiting for invites to decline .
      2) enables WGT PM messaging ( top of friends profile page not yours ) . Which allows one to communicate to one another . Communicate welcome and intersting messages as there would be no other reason for a fellow CC member to message you .
      3)  Opens a unique and elite pipeline of communication of opportunity bteween the always awsome and interesting and friendly members of VOTSCC that are always more than willing to step up and back you up and help in anyway more than any other place in WGT.

Friending someone in WGT does not disclose any personal information about yourself . Other than you too are an awesome member of VOTSCC .

Speaking for myself .If you had any idea of the incredible amount of time I spend on a daily basis posting , editing , copy and pasting , creating trophies , awards , replying , reading  , investigating etc , etc , etc . All the while leaving my status green . WGT also allows ones status to remain green during single player rounds which include of course CC tourneys . This gives one the ability to receive an invite during game play . Giving one the ability to chose to accept , but certainly not obligated to in any way . You might be in the middle of a very enjoyable round . Hence the " already playing a round "

"I COULDN'T CLICK ANY FASTER"

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Empty by Paul Thu 15 Oct 2015 - 22:32

• pdb1 5,613 Posts
      "I COULDN'T CLICK ANY FASTER" 
         Lol usually it's other people . But  I might be in another browser or I might not have WGT gameclient window open . or I might have 15 or 20 windows open  , or Im playing a CC tourney , or I click immediately on the invite ,
        But whatever , it goes away .
        Mostly because people have no patience , but many times when I accept , the program stops it when I click .
        So keeping that in mind . Could you ? After giving me more than 5 seconds  ( maybe even a whole minute ) to respond ?
        Please try a 2nd invite ? I always enjoy playing with you .
        By  " you " I mean E 1 .
        Paul 

• pdb1 5,613 Posts
        I can click faster now . But not fast enough for you . Again I am going to suggest that when one invites someone . Try to give them the time allowed to get it together or close to it . Time after time I click to accept only 10 or 20 seconds after the invite appears and TOO LATE INVITE or GAME CANCELLED . I know for me I always hope they will try a second time . I will be waiting with the reflexes of a Panther waiting to snatch that invite quicker than you can tease me . Try giving me a whole 30 seconds if you have the time please . Lol .

• pdb1 5,613 Posts
        I know . Some people seem to never respond . I might seem like one of them . Most often I did not see it at all .
        No really I have a little scorecard on my skynotes with x's for all the people i can ignore and decline . I just sit there laughing and saying " not today mo fo " click . Lol . JK .

• FairwayJLA 18 Posts
      I'll try and notice when a member is green light on/available and try to send some invites.  All I do is play join in match and I would like to play more people from our club more often.  The brackets have helped a lot (time shifting).  VOTSCC 

• pdb1 5,613 Posts

•  That's gr8 James . Thank you for responding . Hope to play you real soon .
        Paul

____
    May the SUN always be with you

EDIT : Monday May 24 2021

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2021 7:50 PM
      More on invites . Then and Now .

Sun 3 Sep 2017 - 10:49 

As it becomes more and more evident that there is some problems . That have a tendency to spark many different unfavorable reactions and opinions and arguments . 
      Some that directly effect the survival of some events and formats in the future of WGT . 
      Some are too complicated to be certain of what kind and how much , or how many fixes it would take to solve .

There is one though in particular . An area of GR8 concern to many . For various reasons . 

Is the current old school poor excuse for an invite notification system . 

A little tiny GREEN icon . Placed in the absolutely worst possible location one could think of . 

That alone has been responsible for more devastating misunderstandings and catastrophic and devastating endings of everything from friendships to tournaments , to CC's . 

Believe me when I tell you that the little tiny green invite icon located 2/3rds of the way up on the left side of a tab page . Is not likely to be seen by anyone that has an active brain and fingers that work . 

As they are probably doing something constructive during their green status . Which only means that their computer is on and they are logged into WGT . 

They are not sitting there staring at that little tiny green icon waiting to accept or decline the invites . 

But in my case . I am extremely busy with admin . Which is my choice . But I would much rather accept an invite from anyone . And play a match . If there was a chance that I see the icon . I do surely jump on it . Unfortunately I am not in a position at the time to see the icon and I regretfully miss many invites . If I were to change my status to red . I would not have that chance to accept an invite . And it would be a week before I noticed that I was red . That sucks . So I will never turn my status from green . 

This is a WGT wide problem and has been the case since before  I joined in 2012 . Quite simply the invite notification is a failure . There is no way you can predict what is happening on the other side of that invite . There are as many possibilities as their are players . And is not anything personally reflective to you . 

There are ways to make the invite more likely to be noticed . Message any and all players prior and let them know you will be ready to invite soon . Any that respond . You have your answer , invite , and game . Seems like the hard way ? Thought it wouldn't be ? 

I always encourage my members to message anyone they want to play with . Whether the person shows green , red , or even hidden . Yes they will get the email notification either way . Maybe come out of hiding . 

The invite system is such a failure with that little tiny icon 2 thirds of the way up the left side of your screen . You have to actually literally almost stare at it at all times . So not to miss a rare or welcome invite . Very poor notification . 

To have the same little Icon at both the top and bottom of your window tab pages. ( all the pages in WGT that are not the game client ) . Would make those invites hundreds of times more likely to be seen . 

Or better yet  . A pop up that there is no way to avoid . That says So & So is inviting you to an alt shot match . Click here to accept , decline , leave message , or already playing 

I know that these suggestions would be probably about 1,739th on the list . If even approved for review . 
      If you knew the turmoil and misunderstanding that this issue alone provokes non stop 24 / 7 / 365 with out fail . 
      Involving every kind of scenario . CC vs CC Interplay community organized and non community organized tournaments . Where the participants are from different CC's . Many already unfamiliar with the invite system . In which it is required that the opponents contact , communicate , arrange a mutually agreed upon time and day for which to be  GREEN . And then expect that this unlikely appointment is met by both parties . On the occasion that both parties find themselves GREEN at the same time . There is no response from the invitee . Frustrating the inviter . Causing him or her to message the unresponding  counterpart . Hopefully remaining calm and mature , professional , and polite . Inquiring about the un accepted invite that they had discussed the week before and agreed to mutually . Of course now that has blown any chances to play their match that week . And the following week one of them will be on holiday . 

Well turned out that the invitee had in fact been GREEN and available during the agreed upon time . Had waited for the inviter to become GREEN . An extra 30 minutes . Had then gone to message the inviter and inquire . 
      The inviter it turns out had miscalculated the time difference and was actually 1 hour late . 

If there were 2 more invite icons added to the the current icon . But placed one on the top and one on the bottom of the page ( s) . Anyone who was in a different area or page or looking at his daughter while she asked him what those GREEN things are blinking on the top and bottom of his page were . 
      Would be many many times more likely to see respond , and accept that all important invite . 

Now that to some would be the more important scenario . Others that consider any of their time in WGT valuable . Would say that when they invite friends or CC mates to multiplayer matches . When the prospective invitee is GREEN . And knows the invitee is around and available . But did not respond or accept the invite . 

And it turns out again that the invitee was just lower in the page responding to a forum post . Way below the little tiny GREEN icon 2/3rds of the way up on the left play now flash player section of the tab page . Completely out of site .

Any dedicated and committed WGTer . Should have the ability to multi task and tend to what ever tasks is on their agenda . With the " luxury "  should be common place knowledge that . While tending to their administrative duties ( which could amount to hundreds of duties ) Should not be required to be playing a match , or just sitting there staring at the invite icon . Just for the simple reason to be aware of an invite .

Should have the suggested 2 more notifications , or an even better system to alarm , alert , notify the moment an invite is initiated . To enable the invitee to respond quickly and timely with no chance of missing the invite from a friend that you had not heard from in 3 years . If missed would be possibly  the last opportunity to connect with that player .

At any moment any invite could be that rare invite from a CC mate that you had never had a chance to play before . And not likely would again . From another fellow CC owner. One of the biggest highlight rounds one can play .

Would never want to inconvenience those rare inviters .

And should feel comfortable enough to stop playing and start answering the 100 plus messages that you received that day . To make some trophy's . To clean up the CC forum . To spend 2 or 3 hours messaging and explaining what WGT is to the several recruits that had just showed up . And literally dozens of other possible necessary tasks that any WGTer should be able to do . While staying GREEN . Available to play . As anyone would rather accept that invite and play than doing admin . So long as the invite notification were so efficient and effective that they would be seen and responded to . Whether it be to accept , or send a message , or decline . One must be able to see it

In every scenario . The obvious and simple , cost effective way to solve this enormous problem that is an enormous problem . Concerning WGT  player relations and the highly volatile and negative ongoing , unnecessary daily , hourly turmoil that I would ask you to please take my word for the depth and vast effect that this issue presents . As I have only the best intentions for this WGT and my fellow players all the site wide . 

To please take this suggestion very seriously . You can check out . investigate , interview members of my piers . Selectively and or randomly to verify and validate the extent of this problem that I feel is the root and cause of the sadly failing by the minute most popular and precious and necessary multiplayer format . 

That once was a thriving and preferred choice for the masses . 

But over time . With the various glitches in the past ( the invisible invite fiasco ) Immediately halted , ended forever . Some of the original organized ongoing site wide multiplayer tournaments . Stopped them cold in their tracks . As they all depended on the invite system for game play . WGT being the only game in town . 

Most all of those long time favorite events for hundreds . Had played their last match . Never again to be able to generate the interest and commitment necessary to restart and continue a successful event . 

And as the WGT community grew in leaps and bounds . Glitches came and Glitches went . Some remained and  got worse . Some became playable with work a rounds . 

With the wavering uncertainty of game play and the always crap shoot of the multi-player invite . 

And a couple few generational changes to the player in WGT . The trickle down effect of some of the older formats slowly but steadily dwindling down . Some to obscurity . Some still with hope to revive and live again and prosper and be enjoyed again  by the masses . 

It would seem to be a no brainer . To install just 2 more icons added to the present featured icon . 1 to the top of the page . 1 to the bottom of the page . The smallest fix to one of the most volatile concerns today . 

Sincerely GR8ly concerned as always
    Sun 27 Sep 2020 - 9:30
    With the changes that have come to the game, having a method of communication outside of WGT is vital. All the more reason to have programs such as Discord or TeamSpeak or Steam in everyday use by WGT golfers.

Yes those programs are very helpful . When you have a network of friends that agree . When those friends are on and green and responding . Then it may be easier to invite and coordinate games .

But if those friends are not available . Or not available often .
      Then multiplayer will be difficult . And will not have Discord or TeamSpeak or Steam communication .
      I do not know why more players are not on board those communication devices . Except for everyone knows you talk funny . Lol . No matter so do we .
      But still the invite system . The ability to invite and notify , and receive and accept invites . Is a weak effort at best .
      Notification could be improved . By having a notification message at the top and bottom of the screen . Or a pop up message in the middle of the screen .

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Invite16 

or
      Instead of the invisible little green icon first . That are most often missed . Or not clicked in time . By the time you get through the game client they have already given up on you . You just wasted the round you were in . If you were playing .
      If you were playing . You will see a pop up . Or a notification at the top and bottom of the page .
      If you are green . And not playing . That probably means you went to take a leak .Or Walmart . Or bang the next door neighbor . And you won't see a pop up no matter how big it is .
      But if you are just writing a Forum post . Or checking a leader board , etc , etc . You will see the pop up .
      But you won't see the tiny green icon . And miss another invite .
      Shouldn't be that hard to make a better notification . From my experience this would almost fix the invites . Making it so easy . Even a red headed step child could do it .

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2021 6:22 AM
    Lol . Gotta love those double posts that moderation puts through . Gives me space to add plenty of content whenever .
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Empty Page 4

Post by Paul Thu 20 Jul 2023, 1:33 pm

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2021 6:22 AM
    BUMP . GOOD STUFF TO KNOW .
    VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  H7EJQnf

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2021 5:36 PM
    MORE ARCHIVES :
     Paul Sun 2 Oct 2016 - 13:54
        If you are looking for a multi player match with someone . There are members that like to do that . But finding yourself online at the same time and getting their attention is one of the hardest things to do . 

IMO is also one of the most beneficial features . Multi player matches . They include head to head match play . In which all the way up to the Level of Legend . Has a special WGT average advance feature . that automatically lowers your average by 2 or 3 points by winning a match play round against a tier higher than yourself . An average drop that would normally take up and more than 30 stroke ranked rounds to drop . 

The other formats of multi player are alt shot , which is 2 player team play in match play format , players alternating shots . Only fun and sociable . Rounds do not count in any way . 

The most popular format for multi player would be stroke play . When 2 , 3 , and 4 player matches are ranked and counted . Good competitive golf with others that can help push your limits , make you laugh , or piss you the fck off . All good experience . 

Commonly when preparing to play multi player . One would check their friends list to see if anyone was green . Then go to the game client and choose " create a game " . Choose the type of format stroke , match , alt shot . Choose the course , set the time clock 90 secs recommended 60 sec default . Click " create " choose players from your friends list that are green , type a players name in manually , choose the " best choice " option , or choose the " any player " option . wait for responses . Then tee off . 

The other multiplayer feature is the " find a game " option in the game client . Click find a game . Choose a format stroke , match , alt shot . Pick a course and holes fr 9 , bk 9 , full 18 . Pick a tier level limit , Click find and the automated game finder will start spinning and searching for your game specifics . The player responses will show up . Once you have the amount of players you want . Tee off . The round will start and the other opponents will be complete strangers . At the tier level limit that you chose or below . The smartest thing to do next is introduce yourself . Be confident . Tee off . And Kick Ass . This can be a very exciting challenge . the competition will be fierce . And if you can establish a rapport with any of the players , that is even better . Assuming they speak English . Lol . IMO the best format available here . You don't want to waste your time . So you are forced to handle the pressure of performing . You don't want to look a fool and get embarrassed . You play like there is no tomorrow . Show your best game . become a better player for it .

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2021 7:01 PM
    MORE CURRENT TIPS

WGT forgot to tell the Mobile World about the WGT Universe WGT.com and WGT.com/forums. That there was an already established protocol for tiering up , upgrading equipment , lowering ones average , collecting and improving statistics , etc

The key is playing those Ranked Rounds . Play them religiously . Play them like there is no tomorrow . Play them like they're going out of style . 

Once you attain saturation at each tier . All rounds with a score higher than your average . Automatically get discarded . THEY DO NOT COUNT . Once you are saturated .
      But during the climb in each tier to saturation . Rounds completed higher than your average . Will raise your average . That's the way it works .
      That is why the Single Player Unlimited Play Stroke Play tiered format was introduced .

More on  lowering ones average .

As far as playing to lower your average and move up in tier . The CC unlimited play single player round is by far the best format . 

The unlimited play format means . That one can play a round over and over . One can finish that round , which will make it count . Both on your average and in game completion . Then if you don't like the score you can play it again . 

But the proper way to utilize the unlimited play format to your advantage . Is to end the round before the 9th or the 18th hole . You do this by either just ending the round and replaying it at another time . Or the proper way is to click the menu and click " restart " . That is only available in these unlimited play rounds . Whether you just end the round before it is over or click " restart " . It will not effect your game completion percentage . You can do this as many times as you want . Before the end of the round . The only round that counts is the one you finish . 

So technically and hypothetically you could play until you got a score lower than your average . Finish the round that is lower than your average . ( this is if you are not saturated . ) Then your average will only go down .
       If you are saturated in your tier . None of this matters . Because any score above your average is thrown out , will not count in any format . 

So anyway what this means is that you are already playing a custom made CC tourney . Custom made to your liking by our very good tourney makers . If you do not find formats and features that you like . Ask them to make them , or make it yourself . 

So the various custom features make the tournament much more fun than just default WGT settings . So the custom features and the unlimited play " restart " feature . Allow you to play more times . Helping you to learn the course better enabling you to hone your skills .

You may not be able to beat your average . But you can play a few times until you get a reasonable score that you can live with . Complete the round . Then go play another course a few times until you get a score you like on that one . 

Remember . If you play a course 23 times . And on each time you restarted before the end of the 9th or the 18th holes . Those rounds do not count at all . Even if you never finish the round . None of them will count . 

If you have a good score on your 24th try and you finish that round . It will count . The only one that will count . 
      This is the best way to prepare oneself for the tougher features of play in the WGT tourneys . And the very tough multi player stroke play rounds with players of your tiers from all over WGT . Where you want to perform well . You don't get to restart in those . They count in every way .

Scoring

Stroke Play Score Average
    Best 9-Hole Round
    Best 18-Hole Round
    Total Ranked Rounds Played
    Total Holes-In-One
    Total Double Eagles
    Total Eagles
    Total Birdies
    Total Pars
    Total Bogeys
    Total Double Bogeys
    Total Others
    Par 3 Score Avg.
    Par 4 Score Avg.
    Par 5 Score Avg.
    Skill Challenge Avg. Score
    Longest Drive
    Avg. Driving Distance
    Driving Accuracy

Green in Regulation %
    Avg. Distance to Pin
    Holed Approach Shots
    Sand Save %
    Scrambling %
    Putting

Total Putts
    Career Earnings
    Stroke Play Tournaments Entered
    Stroke Play Score Average
    Stroke Play Top 10 Finishes
    Stroke Play Top 100 Finishes
    Total Ranked Rounds Played
    Skill Challenge Tournaments Entered
    Skill Challenge Top 10 Finishes
    Skill Challenge Top 100 Finishes
    Match Play

VS. Hack
    VS. Amateur
    VS. Pro
    VS. Tour Pro
    VS. Master
    VS. Tour Master
    VS. Legend
    VS. Tour Legend
    VS. Champion
    Alternate Shot

Master Your Game
    Longest Putt Made
    Putting Avg. Per Hole
    Putting Avg. Per Round
    One Putt %
    Two Putt %
    Three Putts or More %
    % Putts Made from 0 - 5 Feet
    % Putts Made from 5 - 10 Feet
    % Putts Made from 10 -25 Feet
    % Putts Made from 25 - 50 Feet
    % Putts Made from 50+ Feet
      I have become very interested in this new crop of players transitioning from Mobile to WGT.com .This group has become very skilled . Even with their tiering and averages all over the place .
      This is the result of WGT not informing these newer Mobile players of the
    BASICS FOR TIERING AND SATURATION .
      No mention to them about ranked rounds . Or even that they can find information at WGT.com/forums .
      It has created a huge disparity . These highly skilled players are starting to find this missing information that will allow them to lower their averages , tier up properly , and acquire better equipment .
      Once all that starts leveling out . I foresee a huge presence of a new better generation of players . Probably take a few years .

• VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  U858553_20220227_125750.jpg?0.166VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  USA.gif?0.166
    tramilleo
    1,845 Posts
    Sat, Jan 21 2023 6:25 AM
    Wow  4 pages Wow

pdb1
    25,122 Posts
    Sun, Jan 22 2023 11:11 AM

VARIOUS GOOD TIPS TO KNOW OR NOT  Icon-quotetramilleo:

Wow  4 pages Wow

The content was posted over a year and a half of time . Now 2 and a half years later . There are good tips to know . Still relevant for many who may not know .
    Thank you for noticing , and the bump .
    EDIT : I'm sure you were being sarcastic . But if you look back at most of the threads back in the day . They all finished up with 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 pages . And moved on . Not looking for more
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down