Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 475 registered users
The newest registered user is Menupanda

Our users have posted a total of 44901 messages in 6618 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

* Is this game fixed * page 11

Go down

* Is this game fixed * page 11 Empty * Is this game fixed * page 11

Post by Paul Wed 25 Oct 2023, 8:01 pm

•  Is this game fixed         WGT.com/forums

• * Is this game fixed * page 11 U50473412_20230722_083537.jpg?0.170* Is this game fixed * page 11 THA.gif?0.170
    Fist2k8
    79 Posts
    [size=13]Wed, Oct 25 2023 5:01 AM[/size]

First you have to understand you are playing a computer that is set BIG TIME to favour the guys who have bought the best computer enhanced clubs. Every tourney is the same 25 guys all hit 52 to 54 all with the same clubs and balls.
    What they allow in other tourneys like this weeks trick or treat competition. THE ROOKIE DIvISION won by a 120+ ranked player.......a rookie hasn't a hope in hell of even qualifying.
    What the hell is a Champion allowed to play in a rookie up division.
    How many times have you been drawn against a 120+ player and suddenly you can't sink a 6ft putt? Coincidence or are computers set to mess with lower raked players games?
    Unless you are privy to the internal workings of WGT who knows.
    If I had me way players would be kept to a division. Like "hack to pro" and so on.
    My pet hate are T12 greens they are about as realistic as a$12 bill and should be scrapped

• * Is this game fixed * page 11 U13532337_20230929_085843.jpg?0.170* Is this game fixed * page 11 USA.gif?0.170
    * Is this game fixed * page 11 Nation.png?0.170
    Robert1893
    7,435 Posts
    [size=13]Wed, Oct 25 2023 9:34 AM[/size]

* Is this game fixed * page 11 Icon-quote Fist2k8:
    Every tourney is the same 25 guys all hit 52 to 54 all with the same clubs and balls.

Given that results are not decided by random selection, this is exactly what one would expect to happen. Results are not simply a combination of having the best equipment and balls.
    Results are also determined by the knowledge, skills, and disposition of the player. The players you routinely see at the top have both considerable knowledge and skills as well as the required disposition. While some players seem not to want to admit it, it's simply the case that some players are much better than others. 

• * Is this game fixed * page 11 U819675_20230906_113342.jpg?0.170* Is this game fixed * page 11 USA.gif?0.170
    borntobesting
    9,540 Posts
    [size=13]Wed, Oct 25 2023 10:40 AM[/size]

* Is this game fixed * page 11 Icon-quote Robert1893:
    Results are also determined by the knowledge, skills, and disposition of the player. The players you routinely see at the top have both considerable knowledge and skills as well as the required disposition. While some players seem not to want to admit it, it's simply the case that some players are much better than others. 

So true, I may not have the best balls but I do have the best clubs but because I don't putt well my scores are not as good as they should be/

• * Is this game fixed * page 11 U4282247_20230705_211933.jpg?0.170* Is this game fixed * page 11 USA.gif?0.170
    BlackBogey
    139 Posts
    [size=13]Wed, Oct 25 2023 11:45 AM[/size]

First you have to understand you are playing a computer that is set BIG TIME to favour the guys who have bought the best computer enhanced clubs. Every tourney is the same 25 guys all hit 52 to 54 all with the same clubs and balls.
    What they allow in other tourneys like this weeks trick or treat competition. THE ROOKIE DIvISION won by a 120+ ranked player.......a rookie hasn't a hope in hell of even qualifying.
    What the hell is a Champion allowed to play in a rookie up division.
    How many times have you been drawn against a 120+ player and suddenly you can't sink a 6ft putt? Coincidence or are computers set to mess with lower raked players games?
    Unless you are privy to the internal workings of WGT who knows.
    If I had me way players would be kept to a division. Like "hack to pro" and so on.
    My pet hate are T12 greens they are about as realistic as a$12 bill and should be scrapped

The computer is not "set BIG TIME" to favor the guys with the best equipment.  By definition you should expect to get better results with better equipment, just as you are likely getting better results with all your L90+ equipment than you did with you lower level gear I'd suspect?  Also, with your L90+ gear you should be very competitive playing from Master tees.  I would argue you have the unfair advantage, playing with nearly top of the clubs while enjoying the benefits of the forward tees you get.
    In your above scenario, how in the world are Hacks supposed to compete with Pros?  That is totally unfair to the Hacks and they (and Ams for that matter) should rise up and demand their own tournaments!  And while you're complaining about it, I guess it's OK for YOU to play in that division against "rookies" (Hacks to Pro) while you are a Master with top line equipment, but not anyone else?
    Just because you can't putt on 12 greens doesn't mean that others don't like them and they should be scrapped.  I myself prefer 12 greens, but don't think all others should be scrapped, that's just silly talk.

• * Is this game fixed * page 11 WGT_AVATAR_MALE_a001_o003.jpg?0.170* Is this game fixed * page 11 CAN.gif?0.170
    ct690911
    7,121 Posts
    [size=13]Wed, Oct 25 2023 1:58 PM[/size]

* Is this game fixed * page 11 Icon-quote borntobesting:

* Is this game fixed * page 11 Icon-quote Robert1893:

So true, I may not have the best balls but I do have the best clubs but because I don't putt well my scores are not as good as they should be/

I defo feel your pain.

• * Is this game fixed * page 11 U16278873_20221031_142112.jpg?0.170* Is this game fixed * page 11 CAN.gif?0.170
    SimonTheBeetle
    3,414 Posts
    [size=13]Wed, Oct 25 2023 2:40 PM[/size]

A wise man recently told me : "It is not a game to beat other people, it is a game to beat your last play and lower your avg. Don't worry what the next guy does."
    Vincit omnia veritas.

Hold it until you get to play on 13+ greens. I'm sure you'll LOOOVE 14.5 ones. Wink 

• * Is this game fixed * page 11 U13532337_20230929_085843.jpg?0.170* Is this game fixed * page 11 USA.gif?0.170
    Robert1893
    7,435 Posts
    [size=13]Wed, Oct 25 2023 7:26 PM[/size]

* Is this game fixed * page 11 Icon-quote borntobesting:
    So true, I may not have the best balls but I do have the best clubs but because I don't putt well my scores are not as good as they should be/

Same here. I marvel at people who have 1-putt statistics of 70% or more. I just can't fathom being that good at putting. With putting, I've certainly hit my ceiling. 
    I'm good enough to have the occasional really good round but bad enough to be surprised when it happens! 😀

SimonTheBeetle wrote:A wise man recently told me : "It is not a game to beat other people, it is a game to beat your last play and lower your avg. Don't worry what the next guy does."

* Is this game fixed * page 11 New_ro12
Paul wrote .  

This quote from Simon . Is so right on the money . Every step of the way/journey . There is only one true direction . For everyone . To continue to improve your best performance . Every drive , approach , putt . The use and adjustment of every attribute . 
In every tournament , bracket , challenge . Ones focus can only be on your own game . 

Especially SHOWDOWN'S .  Where the opponent is completely inconsequential .

The opponents score does not have any bearing on yours . Whether or not you win or lose the match makes no difference in the SHOWDOWN standings . 

They are most certainly not even in the same group as you . 

In a SHOWDOWN . There is no benefit or any logical or even helpful reason for an opponent to be involved in your match . 

In fact . The only noticeable effect an opponent has is when they disrupt/end the game by shutting off their device . Ruining your GR8 score . By a play of poor sportsmanship . 

There is no logical reason for opponents to be able to do this . Or even be in your round for it to happen . 

SHOWDOWN's would be better played , scored , enjoyed and completed if the opponent was not in the game . And these rounds were played solo

The improvements would be immediate . The impact would be explosive .
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

* Is this game fixed * page 11 Empty Re: * Is this game fixed * page 11

Post by Paul Wed 25 Oct 2023, 8:25 pm

In fact . In SHOWDOWN's . When the opponent forfeits the match the correct way . By withdrawing from the menu . 

The game will continue for you in solo play .

Just the same as in MULTIPLAYER STROKE PLAY .

In SHOWDOWN's this is AWESOME when this happens .

Especially on the first ( of 3 ) hole(s) . You get to continue with no interruptions or interference by anyone or anything . 

If your lucky you can play all 3 holes SOLO this way and be happy and satisfied or not . Based only on your own performance . 

No one or nothing else to blame . 

The fairest possible way to play .
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down