Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44533 messages in 6560 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

National Today * National Pizza Day – February 9, 2024 *

Go down

6 - National Today * National Pizza Day – February 9, 2024  * Empty National Today * National Pizza Day – February 9, 2024 *

Post by Paul Fri 09 Feb 2024, 8:22 am

6 - National Today * National Pizza Day – February 9, 2024  * Feb_811

Join us on February 9 as we celebrate National Pizza Day! It’s hard to imagine that before World War II, pizza was little known outside of Italy or Italian immigrant communities. This cheesy disc went from a niche cultural meal to the star of the show anywhere it turns up! Let’s hear it for pizza!

HISTORY OF NATIONAL PIZZA DAY

Though flatbreads with toppings were consumed by ancient Egyptians, Romans, and Greeks, the modern birthplace of the pizza is southwestern Italy’s Campania region, home to Naples. Founded around 600 BC as a Greek settlement, Naples in the 1700s and early 1800s was a thriving waterfront city. Technically an independent kingdom, it was notorious for its throngs of working poor, or lazzaroni. These Neapolitans required inexpensive food that could be consumed quickly. Pizza — flatbreads with toppings that can be eaten for every meal — fulfilled this need. These early pizzas featured tasty toppings such as tomatoes, cheese, oil, anchovies, and garlic. More well off Italian authors judged Naples’ innovation, often calling their eating habits disgusting.
In 1861, Italy finally unified, and King Umberto I and Queen Margherita visited Naples in 1889. Legend says that the traveling pair became bored with their steady diet of French cuisine and asked for an assortment of pizzas from the city’s Pizzeria Brandi, founded in 1760. The variety the queen enjoyed the most was called pizza mozzarella, a pie topped with the soft white cheese, red tomatoes, and green basil — much resembling the Italian flag. Since then, this particular choice of toppings has been dubbed the Margherita pizza.
However, even with the Queen’s love for the dish, pizza would remain little known in Italy beyond Naples’ borders until the 1940s. Across the sea, immigrants to the United States from Naples were replicating their flatbreads in New York and other American cities. They were coming for factory jobs, but accidentally made a culinary statement. Relatively quickly, the flavors and aromas of pizza began to intrigue non-Neapolitans and non-Italians alike.

6 - National Today * National Pizza Day – February 9, 2024  * Pizza1116 - National Today * National Pizza Day – February 9, 2024  * Pizza2116 - National Today * National Pizza Day – February 9, 2024  * Pizza3116 - National Today * National Pizza Day – February 9, 2024  * Pizza411

Additional Survey Findings

SOME AMERICANS TAKE THEIR PIZZA LOVE TO NEW EXTREMES
According to the survey, 3% of Americans would rather eat pizza than have a boyfriend or girlfriend. The response among females was slightly higher—4% would rather eat pizza than have a boyfriend, compared to 3% of males who say the same.
FULL RANKING OF AMERICA’S FAVORITE PIZZA BRANDS
#1: Pizza Hut (31%)
#2: Papa John’s (22%)
#3: Domino’s (17%)
#4: Papa Murphy’s (10%)
#5: Little Caesar’s (8%)
#6: Sbarro (3%)
#7: Cici’s Pizza (2.8%)
#8: California Pizza Kitchen (2.8%)
#9: Round Table (2.6%)
#10: Chuck E. Cheese’s (1%)
OTHER INTERESTING INSIGHTS ABOUT PIZZA
#1: Pizza ranks the #2 most popular fast food in America behind hamburgers. (43% of Americans rank pizza as their favorite.)
#2: Pizza is my favorite food. (18%)
#3: I like to have a glass of wine with my pizza. (10%)
#4: My idea of a perfect Valentine’s Day is sharing a pizza. (9%)
#5: I don’t like pizza. (2%)

NATIONAL PIZZA DAY AROUND THE WORLD

Here are some other food-related holidays celebrated throughout the world. 
National Pizza Day Around the World

[th]Country[/th][th]Holiday[/th][th]Occasion[/th][th]Date[/th]

NATIONAL PIZZA DAY TRADITIONS

A lot of us don’t go many days without having pizza. So on National Pizza Day, head over to your favorite pizzeria and enjoy a feast. You can get creative and host a pizza party at work or for friends, or simply buy a frozen pizza. Food marketers also love National Pizza Day which means there are a lot of great deals going around, so make sure to keep your eye out. 

NATIONAL PIZZA DAY STATS

350 slices
That’s how many slices of pizza are sold in the U.S. every second. Roughly 120 of those slices per second are delivered to the National Today offices.
17% are pizzerias
17% of all restaurants in the U.S. are pizzerias and more than 10% of those are located in New York City.
251.7 million pounds
This is how many pounds of pepperoni are consumed in the U.S. every year. Most of which ends up on a pizza.

NATIONAL PIZZA DAY FAQS

Is there a National Pizza Day?

There is indeed! Celebrate your favorite greasy food on National Pizza Day every February 9!

What day is National Pepperoni Pizza Day?

National Pepperoni Pizza Day, the most popular variety of pizza topping, comes around annually on September 20. 

What day is National Pizza Day 2020?

In 2020, National Pizza Day was celebrated on Sunday, February 9.

NATIONAL PIZZA DAY ACTIVITIES

[list="holiday-list holiday-list-celebrate"][*]

Pizza Paar-tay!

I mean, why mess with a good thing? No matter what age you are, the words “pizza party” are guaranteed to delight and put a smile on everyone’s face.

[*]

Dare to Pizza All the Time

Pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Yes—that is the kind of perfect world we live in today. Crack an egg on it in the morning. Toss that salad on top for lunch. And why not go for the meat-lovers’ dinner?

[*]

Rediscover Pizza For the First Time

Chances are, you know your perfect slice down to the finest details. (Mine includes corn, pasilla chiles and feta cheese). But why not break out of the routine on National Pizza Day? We know you’ve been curious about that artichoke pesto pie at the place around the corner.

[/list]
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down