Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 475 registered users
The newest registered user is Menupanda

Our users have posted a total of 44841 messages in 6606 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

GOLD TIPS FROM GOLDEENA

2 posters

Go down

GOLD TIPS FROM GOLDEENA Empty GOLD TIPS FROM GOLDEENA

Post by Paul Sun 30 Jul 2017, 3:58 pm

Right, I hhave just come off number 10 St Andrews and gone through all the rest of the measurement data I need to complete chip, pitch, punch and full power for the 60 yard CG wedge (60W as I term it).

The pitch and chip will just be shunted on to the flop predictor, but the data for the full and punch shot with the 60W is absolutely fascinating and will have to be done as an entirely different prediction model because it will be 'sizeable'. You can 'see' your little rules of thumbs in the data - like mine was 'add 3 power to a 60W shot pulled to between 30 and 40 yards - and you can see the additional 3 yards of power that would be needed in the data, it's really cute! but you can also see the additional compensations right down to 20 yards - for both full power and punch and it's really nice to 'see it' for the 1st time properly!!

For the 1st time I am going to make use of polynomial lines of best fit to interpolate the 5 yard increments at which I took the measured data so that it will accurately give you the figure with which to hit that wedge down to 1 yard increments.

User inputs will be the usual wind, direction, distance elevation e.t.c and will include punch/ full and full backspin/ no backspin - it will also provide a roll-out figure and attempt to give an approximate additional slope factor upon landing (that will come about through in-game observations and is a longer term goal).

The beauty of these models is that it gives you the power with which to hit the wedge to satisfy the shot distance in question (over roughs, lie and wind direction not withstanding), and what is more you can quickly flick through the different available shot options (checking and unchecking boxes) compare and contrast in terms of roll out, backspin, amount of power or pulled power from the shot, and this would take 100's and 100's of rounds and you STILL wouldn't be able to 'see it' like I can with the model, so quickly accurately and efficiently - not even years of experience can have such a clear picture of the shot in hand and the projected result it will give you.

I will take the weekend over this, but when I come back will be presenting the graphs, curves, control panel and give you, the golfing physics enthusiast some direction and entusiasm in how to go about building your own :-)

Can we keep this thread troll-free, positive and for physics enthusuasts who want to contribute and swap ideas in a pro-active way, I don't welcome nor want the old boys club showing up here telling me it won't work and can't be done, they bore the crap out of me and I can only answer them with silence these days, and at the grand old age of 45 I have no more patience for pompous fools and similar old windbags who offer up nothing new, lols.

- so let's give rise to a new wave of golf-physics technical entusiast here and shoo the boo-boys right out of town!

Cheers,

deena. 

(if this interpolation method works well - and it will/ should, then there is no reason why it cant be applied to the entire range of irons for full/ punch and pulled shots, it would provide the additional compensations not available in Bilkos distance programme (which really is an excellent little piece of prediction in itself B.T.W@! - that's if my spreadsheet can hold up under the weight of the hugely data and formulation intensive ongoing lat-wind predictor, I may well shift the punch/chip/pitch predictor in to an entirely new spreadsheet - got it on another page in the same file at the moment but I don't know the limits of excel, I am sure it's fine, probably not even scratched the surface in terms of what it can handle - can always shunt them all together at the end anyway).

[size=44]GOLD TIPS FROM GOLDEENA Punch_50
[/size]

yeah it's an 'iffy' subject because WGT do their own product, though I use their putter pal there are 'on screen' things you can find out there but I will not be specific - so you dont have to put bits of tape on your screen, see some of my screenshots and you will get an idea of the kind of overlay thing I am talking about.

Spin is a thing I try to use when I need it, one way of knowing is to pick up WGT's notebook which I have found to be an excellent purchase as it stops the bother of having to skim through notes or even pages in notepad because the info is right there for every hole  and i will write things like -5FBS 5i, 180 yd appr or something like that, I only play high winds if its my own game i am setting up = get a CC and make it just for you and then u get putter pal free and can set up games how you like them, but you do miss out on CC gambling and the social aspect, I am not 'sociably acceptable' to a lot of people so I don't care about that, instead I overcompensate my lack of company with my scientific endeavours which are a bundle of joy and am nearing completion of the 1st phase but have some more really exciting ideas in the future....

I always put spin on the ball coming out of rough or pulling a shot more than 10% of stated value or in a high tailwind but never on a back-to-front sloping green and I don't use high spin balls because A i can't afford them and B I have never been able to handle them anyway, just play your own game.

Try to bring all those technical areas up to scratch and take notes to ecke out every last drop of performance, I know what you mean about reaching a point you just don't seem able to get past.

Keep putting any charts and tables up in this thread please and I will do so myself where I find them, also re-quote any good posts regards figures e.t.c. would be good to make this a resource for those things because I am figures crazy myself. Would love to get my hands on the 75 and 50 yard Mack Daddy wedges too as an alternative rack to the CG set butr am light years away from level 96 

PS -= WGT why don't you sell 'missed days' vouchers for anyone who is going on holiday and might miss getting their daily XP credits one day - I can see as I go on it will become mental torture having to keep getting my daily XP and a complete disaster if I miss one day, it's cruel and you could make money out of it too.

Here's a quick reference from an old post:

The balls def make a big difference, not to be too anal about all this wind business but i just went through a sleeve of nikes and below are my results, they are about 99% accurate with my specific club (G20) and ball (L71 Nike) set up as well as with the Callie (z)
Based on a clock face and all headwinds using full bs (I simply adjust the spin as necessary when my calculation shows that I am a few yds long or short)
Wind strength                            12 & 6                     11 & 1                     10 & 2
0-15mph (irons)                         x.70                          x.50                          x.33
0-15mph (Wedges)                   x.40                          x.30                          x.20
15-25mph (Irons)                      x.80                          x.60                          x.45
15-25mph (Wedges)                x.50                          x.40                          x.30
Over 30mph I'd probably add .20 to the above or pray for the best lol
For tailwinds, I simply used only 60-75% of the above calculations and it was close enough..
Obviously you also need to factor in elevation and green speed and and and Smile
As the game has built in bugs/trickery etc, I figured that if I can land within a yard or 2 of where I want to be, 99% of the time, I'll be happy for now :-)
I have tried every single "wind method" in these forums and this is the closest I can get to something fairly reliable :-)
peace

another...

GOLD TIPS FROM GOLDEENA Icon-quote DarSum:

TM 50 yrd wedge is full bs just under 2 avatar movements lol Try taking the yardage x .3
So for that shot 23 yrds - 23 x .3 = 29 yrds So whatever shot/club you have in your bag that goes 29 yrds.

I believe you probably meant yardage x 1.3 (not .3), Dar.  As it happens, that's the value I've settled on for longer (>25yds or so) bunker shots from 30/40 CCC sand. In practice, I add the distance to the cup in yds + elev in ft., then multiply by 1.3. That is with CG wedges and Nike balls, so other equipment may vary.
Example: 25 yd bunker shot to pin elevated 5 ft: (25 + 5) x 1.3 = 30 x 1.3 = 39 yd , full backspin.  Roughly 70% power, for my 64 deg wedge. 
As noted by others, slope from landing area to the pin will require fine-tuning that power. About 2/3 - 3/4 of total distance is carry and the remainder is roll-out. If hitting to an uphill slope on green I'll add a bit more, if shooting to downhill slope I'll take some power off. Note that at least 1/4 of the total distance is roll-out, so to pins cut close to near edge of green you will have to accept a longer come-back putt, since you must carry to at least the fringe.
Here's a 38 yd up 4 ft shot. 90% CG15 64 degr wedge (nominal 54 yds from fwy lies): //www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=f3ef2780-0984-435e-a858-a19a00f80532.
Alternatively, for shorter shots, I like pitches from 30/40 sand, unless ruled out by having to get over a high bunker lip. You'll get similar carry/roll numbers, and ~30% reduction in 'rated' distance. Again, using 64degr CG15 in pitch mode (17yd nominal dist) 10 yd to cup, with downhill roll at finish ... full backspin, 80% ( ~ 13.5 yds nominal from fwy) aiming a few feet left of pin - and a nice coast to sandy save range //www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=23a215bc-9d95-4853-9879-a19a0135f9db

Bilkos wind calculator ..

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/81305.aspx?PageIndex=1

Last edited by Paul on Mon 04 Jun 2018, 9:49 pm; edited 3 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

GOLD TIPS FROM GOLDEENA Empty Re: GOLD TIPS FROM GOLDEENA

Post by Charles1553N Fri 16 Mar 2018, 3:49 pm

This Chart is spot on. I use all the time.

Charles

Charles1553N

Back to top Go down