Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43435 messages in 6393 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

THE AMAZING YET PATHETIC FORUMS

Go down

THE AMAZING YET PATHETIC FORUMS  Empty THE AMAZING YET PATHETIC FORUMS

Post by Paul Fri 27 Aug 2021, 3:08 pm

originally written in the WGT Forums .

For lack of a better place to speak . Without creating a new thread . My memories take me back years ago .

When the locals made it a point to challenge and dispute and discredit much of what anyone else had to say .

Especially newbies .

And myself . I wasn't a newbie . But I had plenty of views and perspectives and content for them to challenge . And they did . They took anything I said . Turned it inside out and backwards . Disputing and discrediting and challenging it all .

I engaged in return . I tried to keep up . I did everything to validate my points . And I admit . It was hard . They kicked my ass up one side and down the other . I really didn't have a prayer in their forum their environment . But I never backed down . I was never butt hurt . Or took any of the personal slurs to heart . Ever . That didn't bother me . In fact none of it ever got to me . Even though I was on the losing end . Not a snowballs chance in hell I would let it bother me . I'm not a hater and I never felt they were actual haters either . We just heavily engaged .

I always knew my convictions were right . I didn't know or care if they believed anything I said . I assumed not . Or maybe they did ? IDK & IDC .

Those times were fully involved . We went through 100's of pages . Some unfortunately got deleted eventually . Some are still here deep in the archives .

During my 6 wonderful years as the owner of a CC . VALLEY OF THE SUN CASUAL CLUB C C . For any that did not know . I spent a GR8 deal of my time providing information that many did not know .

It was well known to me that none of my members had any desire to frequent these forums . As was the general feeling of many WGTers . For whatever reasons , players didn't come here . As a result they just didn't know stuff .

So I did my best to explain it to my CC . Some of it I posted and learned here in these forums . Some of it came from playing experience .

I even went so far as creating tutorials which I posted in our CC website .

These helped a lot of players . Even if it was from my perspective . Which may have been different . But was not wrong .

There has never been a question as to the validity of my information . Of course with the exception of a few of the locals . Lol .

I also saw the end of what I / we knew as WGT , approaching very quickly .

A couple years ago . I took on a couple few tribute projects that I used a lot of the lists that I had saved as the basis for . And a GR8 amount of research .

I had met and learned and appreciated so many players over the years . That I was compelled to pay tribute to them . And I did . In several different tributes .

I don't know why exactly . I just felt I needed to do that in case this all ended and I never got a chance to thank everyone .

WGT sure wasn't going to recognize any of the GR8's . Or pay tribute . Or thank for making them rich . Or appreciate the many that guided the WGT Universe to the unforeseeable heights that this GR8 game achieved . Mega times better than if WGT themselves had been left to show the way .

They certainly dropped the ball all throughout the " Magnificent Flash Era " .

Then completely blundered the " Mobile Format ". By not even providing to the mobile participants . The information as to how this game was to be played . How to tier up . How to lower ones average . How to utilize ranked rounds . All of which opened up the levels that allow one to upgrade their equipment as they rise up .

I sometimes wish I didn't have this need to share . As it is always long winded . I am a hen peck typer . And it takes forfreakinever .

Contrary to what some believe . I am not trying to post as much as I can . Or as many posts as I can . No desire for either of those .

There are so many experts in these forums that I have learned from over the years . Many many in classes of their own that I GR8ly respect . Like the players I have played with and the CC members . I feel privileged to know and associate with .

So I continue to be plagued with connection issues . So much that I really can't play multiplayer stroke play or alt shot .

I found a little better success at getting games in the coin rooms . Probably because with 3 hole rounds a failure is quick and I can try again and again and again . It is so frustrating though . And am getting burned out on the coin rooms . Am already burned out on SINGLE PLAYER UNLIMITED PLAY rounds . I am not progressing and do not enjoy solo play any longer .

I assume I am not alone on the fence . But I have seen that PCEA is nearly exactly the same as the old Flash . Just without all the cool features . And harder for me to connect to .

I was recently released from a particularly long spell on moderation ( just under 4 years ) . Not many can comprehend what a feeling that is . Hard to explain but very cool to be done with that nightmare .

Although most of the " locals " have moved on . There are a few that remain that are harmless . And a couple new ones that seem to be a little obsessed and with a tinge of disgust or hatred . That I feel there is no place for in these forums .

I will no longer participate in the Forums .

Last edited by Paul on Sun 17 Oct 2021, 4:47 am; edited 4 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

THE AMAZING YET PATHETIC FORUMS  Empty Re: THE AMAZING YET PATHETIC FORUMS

Post by Paul Fri 27 Aug 2021, 3:09 pm

Most people know this already .
  By trying to add some information to a thread . In case one of the readers did not know some particulars on the topic  .
  Did you notice I said that was posting to readers . Players wanting to know more about a subject .
  I did not say I was trying to tell veterans , experts , trolls , arrogant sob's , pin heads . anything they did not know already .

I wasn't talking to them .

And even when they begin the baiting . I continue to post in/on topic . Not letting myself get affected yet . ( dumb of me to be here for that to even happen ) . Not realizing right away just quite the extent of the misconstruing and taking the content out of context . Until it is too late . There is too much of it . There are too many twists and turns . I could never fix it or get it right . By reexplaining the truth . They would never allow that .

I will try a couple times to put things back into the proper context . While trying very hard not to counter the insults and condescending accusations and the twisted take on my words .

But there is no way . No way to fix it or change it in the forums .

I find a little solace knowing that most reasonable people see all that . What most won't understand is why if I know they are trolling me ? Would I allow it to continue .

I will try to explain it . If you look at my responses . I am only half assed refuting their comments . I am not insulting them back . I am not agitated . Not in the least . Thinking if I stay that line . It will eventually work out and the truth will be known .

Really that is what I think . Even knowing that isn't going to happen . I honestly don't see how stupid I look by trying to be civil and level headed .

I have done it time and time again . Eventually moving past the thread(s) and the topic(s) . Most everyone forgetting all about it . Especially me .

But now there are a couple newbie trolls . Some real deep haters . That have a knack for it . Enjoy picking the most trivial and twisting to demean at the lowest depths .

In the perfect environment for it . Where most of the crew are long time friends and associates with the boss . The highest boss in this division .

And have been given a green light to practice and train and refine their skills , with no filters .To never before allowed or seen levels . Continually raising the crowbar . Then dropping it . Then raising it even higher . Repeatedly over and over . For over a decade .

They become quite accomplished . Somebody like myself . Doesn't have a prayer .

I never did .  never thought I did . I also have never questioned any of their golfing skills or their prowess of the English language . If I did . It was in response of an attack of the same initiated by them . And in a rarity . Probably something I did not mean. Very out of character . But totally excusable . If it were anyone else . It would be completely shined on. Not magnified and emphasized as the biggest truth I ever told . Lol .

Even knowing their intentions . And knowing who I am . They have accomplished their goal . The first few years that this occurred . Every time I came to these forums and faced the music . My heart sank . I mean it it really sunk . trying to pull me to the floor . No video thank god . But I could respond . Never let on .

By now I am numb . So bad . That it bothers me that it doesn't bother me . It has been so many years since I had any fun or a good time here . I can barely remember just a few of those good times . All of a sudden all memories are of the last few years . The struggles with my internet connection . Which after last nights update . Is basically non existent . The only format left for me to play is the SINGLE PLAYER UNLIMITED PLAY STROKE PLAY TOURNAMENTS . Which I am completely burned out on . Just cannot play solo rounds anymore .

All the BS in these forums . Mostly with the moderators .

But no doubt . Not to many pleasant memories in the forums . In fact none .

It's a good thing to be numb . Other wise I could hate this place . Or become a hater myself . If I did that . Just think . I could be having as much fun as them .

Right ? Lol not .

Last edited by Paul on Wed 15 Feb 2023, 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com