Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 477 registered users
The newest registered user is гераскинс

Our users have posted a total of 48009 messages in 7050 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

I'LL POST GARY's RESPONSE HERE

Go down

I'LL POST GARY's RESPONSE HERE  Empty I'LL POST GARY's RESPONSE HERE

Post by Paul Sun 15 Jan 2023, 6:45 pm

I'll post it here . Since moderation is so slow . From the thread becoming tour Legend
EDIT
Turns out they are not just slow . They of course would not post it .

gary49 wrote:

Maybe now we see why you are on moderation

There is nothing in any of anything that you are concerned about that could be related to anyones moderation .
My moderation is no mystery . I have explained it in 2 different threads .
Here it is

Paul wrote:
There have been some issues I have been involved in . Much of which I was heavily on the defensive . There have been many over the years . I survived all of them .
What I didn't survive was 1 gif . A parody of the NIKE slogan and Swoosh . " Just Do It ". Replaced with the "F" word . It was done in jest . Yes it was bold . I got placed on permanent forever moderation for that .
I went back through the forums after that . I found 28 instances of the "F" word fully spelled out , Still and have always been there . In full view with the username . Many for 6 , 8 , 10 , 12 years .Plain as day . Used in vain , accusatory , vile , etc . And still here in these forums as I write this .
How fair is that ? I am not a forum saboteur . I love this place . I am very passionate about many positive areas all throughout . My history shows that with some of my games and activities over the years .
Prior to all that I was absorbed into running a CC . A straight up fun and active CC . Sportingly involved in as many events as we could . Having the best time a CC could have .
What I'm saying is . I am not a threat to these forums . There is no need for me to be moderated .

I'LL POST GARY's RESPONSE HERE  Tuviko10

That got me moderated permanently forever . It shouldn't have . I made 1 error . I realize that . It will never happen again .
What should have happened is they private message me . Inform me that posting that was unnacceptable . Any further postings similar to that . Will result in a moderation period of XXX time . You have been warned .
Seems fair to me . Not as good of a deal as the 29 players that posted the F word in anger . They didn't do squat to them . And those F words are still there .
And before that . I don't argue . I don't pick fights . I post a different perspective ( not an arguement ) . And it becomes National Come out from under your rock TROLLS day .
And the main course is devour Paul . It is quite comical .
Gary I do not overpost . If I did I would have surpassed the " King of Forum Posts " . A couple years ago . And I would have never let craig come from behind and zoom past me .
There are others that also probably post more than me .

If you believe that I should be moderated . You are one of only a couple people in all of WGT .
I am and always have been a positive influence here . Most of the topics That you would not care about . Many others would like to know . Plenty of people appreciate what I provide .
I can see why you wouldn't . You already know everything .
Because of the simple fact that these newer players will not use the Forum SEARCH feature . There are going to be several posts on the same subject .
That is not my fault .
If I happen to answer in more than 1 . Only the readers of that one thread will see it . And only the readers of the other similar post will read it . If you see both . Get over it .
This is an open Forum . . We are the inquirers . And we are the responders . I ask questions on a regular basis . I want to learn . Until I die .
When a newer player posts an obvious or basic , or  general inquiry . I can see that most of you and the general forum regulars don't want to touch it .
That is rude and unfair to the new guy or gal .
So I step up and give a good response . Hopefully opening the door for others with more knowledge , different knowledge , a different perspective . To step up and add new information .
It sounds like you are against that process . That's unfortunate for you . I always thought you were more open than that .
I also ( other than this post ) Have made big efforte to make my posts short and sweet . Easy to see that recently . I am not going to name names . But there are quite a few posters more long winded than I .
I want to end this by asking you to not pay any attention to me . Especially since it seems to mysteriously create some disdain for me . And makes you speak to me as though I have done something wrong , or negative , or something that I should be moderated for .
That doesn't anger me . But since I shouldn't be moderated . And if I wasn't . Hopefully you would no longer . feel that way . I'm just hoping that is possible

It turns out . Moderation mever posted this .

Last edited by Paul on Wed 01 Feb 2023, 12:59 pm; edited 5 times in total
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

I'LL POST GARY's RESPONSE HERE  Empty Re: I'LL POST GARY's RESPONSE HERE

Post by Paul Sun 15 Jan 2023, 8:09 pm

It is a good theing for me that I save almost all of my moderated posts before I post them .

Unfortunately I forget one every once in a while . There was a follow up to the one above . I forgot to save it . I remember how it went .

The main reason for responding to so many posts as you/Gary mention .

The WGT Forum system is corrupted . They have no control in why or who receives ( automated emails ) the posts coming out of their Forums .

After the latest 4th time of going nearly a year with out receiving any of my Forum replies . I should have been receiving ( automated ) replies to threads/topics I have responded in . Many of us received nothing for a very long time . This repeats every couple of years .

This time when the automated replies ( emails ) were restored . I now receive EVERY post coming out of those Forums . EVERYTHING .

All posts in every Forum

All  Country Club Corner , posts

All new posts in every Forum .

All replies in Forums I have responded in .

These 3

All posts in every Forum

I am not supposed to get any of those . Those add up to dozens every day .

I ignore the

All posts in every Forum

And I try very hard to ignore the

As many of them are so random . And as Gary mentioned earlier . Repeats of another new posters inquiry .

These are open Forums . They are not a support Forum . It is incumbent upon the users of the Forums to repond and provide some of the information they are asking for .
There may be several responders . All with information from different perspectives .

They would all be correct .

What I try to do is wait until someone else replies first .

Many times that does not happen . The post can sit there for 1 , 2 , 3 , days .

At some point . I step up and respond .

Many of these posters are either brand new or fairly new to these Forums . Not too famimliar how to navigate . Obviously not aware of the SEARCH feature .

I can either just tell them to use the SEARCH feature .

Or I can do it and copy some links for them to check out .

Or I can answer to the best of my ability . Which is definitely good enough for them to learn my perspectuive of the topic .

My response will hope fully " break the ice " and open up the opportunity for more perspectives and a healthy conversation .

Normally ( when the Forum response system is working properly ) . I would have plenty of topics to respond in . I would NEVER even look to the new topics . Because I would have to look for them .

As it is . These damn new posts are constantly barraging into my emails . All the time . It is impossible for me not to know about them .

For the first years in WGT , when some one ( new or otherwise ) would post in the Forums . It was done with trepidation , courage , or ignorance .

The horrific reputation that posters would get cut to shreads by the resident trolls . Preceded them . And was a very real thing .

I decided to do something about it .

WELCOMING 1st POSTERS AWARD

But that was if I just happened to see a 1st post in any random thread . I never looked for them .

Now many of the emails coming into my gmail everyday have several 1st posts in them .

UGH !
I'LL POST GARY's RESPONSE HERE  Giphy

I am not at all happy about this . I should not be receiving these emails .

WGT is very aware of how I feel . I have to live with the common response " We are working on it ".

So anyway Gary . If you think I post too much . Don't read them . But please tell me who should respond to them ? Especially after waiting a couple days with no response at all .
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down