Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 475 registered users
The newest registered user is Menupanda

Our users have posted a total of 44863 messages in 6611 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

SOME OF THE STORY

Go down

SOME OF THE STORY Empty SOME OF THE STORY

Post by Paul Tue 29 Aug 2023 - 18:22

Prior to 2018 . 2018 I was 59 . It was September 2017 when i ripped/tore my left rotator cuff .

My right one was already tore for over 5 years .But still with both rotator cuffs torn . I had to keep working . No other way to generate income .

I had a slam dunk Workers Comp case . But that would take a year . My lawyer supposedly the best Workers Comp lawyer in Az . Had never lost a case . I had witnesses and went through all the proper protocol .

-----------------

I didn't let anything stop me . I have been working construction since 1976 . For 45 years I have worked in the SUN . Never did it bother me . I was hydrated . In top shape . I thrived on the heat of the summer months for decades . It is a state of mind as well . I've seen thousands of people completely miserable always because they think they have to be .

When I quit high school and became a carpenter .

Doing conventional roofs for custom and semi custom homes in Lehi , Az . Conventional roofs is when you build the roof from the top plate up . You use a speed square for your pitches for all your rafters for the hips and valleys . It was fun , challenging and fucking hot completely exposed walking top plates and catwalks all day long .

After that I went to production type housing projects . With trusses instead . All I had to do was walk the top plate backwards to lay out the catclaw marks ( ^ ) on centers to lay each truss on .
Then the forklift would lay them up there and all we had to do was run them down , stand them up and nail them down . With a real 16 penny nail and a rigging axe . The framers choice of a hammer . Mine had a Vaughn head and a Plumb handle . 28 ounce .

After that I slowed up on the framing and took decking jobs . That is covering each floor with plywood .

In between all of that . Of course I framed a few walls . Tore the skin of my thumb and fingers on my left hand to hell with the corregated head of my rigging axe .

I remember one time I was furring out some block walls . That is nailing 2" x 2" fur strips ( actually probably pine ) lol . On center every 24" or 16" whatever the specs . This furs out the wall to be able to put strips of insulation on and then screw the drywall to the furring strips .

Anyway it was winter . And cold . It can actually get down to 28° to 38° in Phoenix . Believe me , that is fucking cold for this southern Az boy .

So here I am pounding cut nails into these hard ass fur strips . ( cut nails are tapered wedge type nails used for hammering into concrete ). Nowadays they use powder actuated guns/tools to shoot the nail right in BAM , BAM , BAM .

Not back then in the 70's and 80's . It was all still manual .

I took a big ass swing at this damn cut nail in the cold , my fingers were numb . I missed the whole fucking nail and crushed my thumb with that corregated head . Tearing the rest of what was left of my thumbnail completely off . FUCK , FUCK , FUCK , FUCK , FUCK !!! Ouch . Bled all over the place .

I threw that fucking rigging axe as far as I could out in the field .

I spent the next half of the day asses and elbows searching that field for my hammer .

All to the GR8 amusement of the entire jobsite . All laughing their fucking asses off .
Fuck that hurt .

The point of all of this is to show or justify my 47 years years straight of 8 , 10 , 12 hour days of complete sun exposure . Working various trades in  constuction all of my life .

Until 2018 . That is all I did . that is all I knew .

But with both rotator cuffs torn . I couldn't move either arm very well . Much less pick up a tool or work or any fucking thing .

Having been an Electrician for 20 years at that point . I needed use of my arms .

During the course of the rest of that year . I had first a failed surgery attempt to repair the tendons in my most recently torn and worst overall left arm .

That led to the practical decision to have a full reverse shoulder replacement . Reverse simply means that the ball and socket are reversed .

The operation basically entails cutting your arm off .

Then they drive a spike down the center of your humerus bone . In the reverse surgery ( like I had ) . That spike is the socket . The ball is then screwed/anchored into my carcass .

As shown in the x ray below .

That is a frontal view looking straight at my left arm .( see the staples on the right ? )

Anyway they pull back what is called a muscle cap . Then they chop off your old shoulder .

Put in the new ball and socket . flop the muscle cap back over your new shoulder . Then staple you back together .

YEE HAW wasn't that fun ?

SOME OF THE STORY Should11

So the healing begins . Without all those tendons that used to make your arm move up and down and back and forth . And round and round . Not going to happen with tendons .

That is what that muscle cap was/is for .

You learn to strengthen those muscles to learn how to move your arm again . The muscles do what the tendons used to do .

And they eventually do . With heavy therapy .

I was told that i would get 70% range of motion and movement back if I tried .

I started physical therapy exactly 6 weeks after the operation .

My therapist had 29 years experience . and she was gorgeous . I mean BINGO . I could handle this therapy .

She was so tough . In a sweet but encouraging way . She pushed me hard each session . At the end of each session she would spend 10 minutes massaging and rubbing out and stretching my arm .

After 6 weeks of this intensity . It finally paid off . I had over 90% range of motion and mobiliy and strength .

She said that in 29 years she had only 1 other person with more determination . He was a body builder .

Nice .

So now I can almost begin my story . Lol and you thought I had already started . Nope . That was just the back story .

After my physical therapy . I was released for work . I continued as the Electrician for the piece of shit trailer park I ended up in ( excluding the managers ). After my wife and I were evicted from our 13 year house . By a family member who didn't believe I had torn my rotator cuffs . And was just trying to get out of paying rent . Have not spoken to that senile 90 year old family member since .

I paid my accrued debts to the trailer park . Just as the trailer park was sold to new owners . Who on the day of change of ownership . The new owners fired me the Electrician , Dave the Plumber . And the 2 wonderful lady managers who didn't know my wife and I from Adam . Took us in and set us up . Even though my left arm was in a sling . And we were broke and unable to work .

It was then that I lost my unlosable workman's comp case . My fucking employer at the time . Who told me everything would be fine . Was the fucking prosecutors in the case with all their fucking teams of lawyers . Beat the shit out of my lawyer . Was his first case loss .

That fucking sucked .

--------------------------------------

Time to move on .

Joe the owner of the convenience mart up on the boulevard . Referred me to the owner of an Electric Company that he knew .

He immediately hired me . Gave me a company truck . And paid me the big bucks . $30.00/hr . Big enough for me .

That was 4 years ago August 1 2019 .

Things went GR8 for the first 2 years . Then Covid . Now my boss can't land a contract to save his life .

Dead standstill for me . For a year now .

Behind on everything and completely out of shape .

So last week . I agreed to do a side job . Starting on Saturday August 26 2023 .

Fairly big job . The convenience store owner bought himself 2 / 480 volt A/C's .

Slight problem . He has 120/240 volt service .

I told him to get a transformer .  He could only afford a 30KVA .

So Saturday I worked 11 hours . Installing and wiring ( reverse engineering to step it up to 277/480 volts . To run just 1 of his A/C's .

Then another 5 hours on Sunday to finish it up .

I went home after the 5 hours on Sunday . And proceeded to get Heat Exhaustion .

Every muscle on my body locked up . I was twisted in knots . Top to bottom .

I had tried to hydrate . I had been drinking gallons of water , electrolites , mango juice and more water .

But it wasn't enough . I was/am so out of shape . The severely unused muscles could not handle the heat .

I was just short of passing out , vomiting , losing my senses . I'll bet 10 more minutes I woulda had heat stroke . I barely stopped in time .

I couldn't move for 2 days . I worked Tuesday night ( last night ) . Moving a 400 lb. sign for the famous Lamar .

Fucking hurt my arm . 

Worked 4 hours this morning .

That heat is no joke . I'm hurtin for certain .

This Sunday was a close call .

People die in droves all over this state and this country everyday from the heat . People in better shape than I am .

I was/am very lucky it wasn't worse .

End of story .

Last edited by Paul on Fri 3 May 2024 - 15:51; edited 1 time in total
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

SOME OF THE STORY Empty Re: SOME OF THE STORY

Post by Paul Wed 30 Aug 2023 - 16:18

End of story .