Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44507 messages in 6555 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

ARNIES ARCHIVES

2 posters

Go down

ARNIES ARCHIVES  Empty ARNIES ARCHIVES

Post by Paul Mon 05 Oct 2015, 6:31 pm

• ARNIES ARCHIVES  Pdb128
    pdb1

5,473 Posts
    11-10-2014 5:26 AM

HACKS , AMATUERS , PROS , TOUR PROS , Masters.
    Those tourneys labeled Masters are for you guys only . TOUR Masters , Legends , Tour Legends CANNOT enter those tourneys . they are made custom for you guys to hone your skills , be competative in your tiers , lower your averages . 
    Please read my post " the big secret is out " that can really be a big advantage to you . You can restart the round if your having a bad one . Get a better score , learn something . 
    Starting over does not count against your game completion average . Only multiplayer rounds do . Which we do not have in the CC.
    Thanx 
    Paul

• ARNIES ARCHIVES  Arnief13

ArnieFinlay

137 Posts
    11-11-2014 2:25 PM

Well thats all fine but it's pretty demoralising if you are say professional and just getting used to green's of speed nine to then jump up to greens of speed 12.
    Most of my crap scores are due to missing putts less than 2 ft on tournament greens simply because there is no guidance how to adjust for  the break 
    Still I will try to play at least 1 tournament a week
    I would have thought someone who earns on average 1000 points per day for the club by focusing on trying to improve their average score, by using a CC pass on their first nine hole round of the day deserves some credit even if they don't participate in tournaments that often
    Best wishes Chris

pdb1

5,473 Posts
    11-11-2014 3:01 PM

ARNIES ARCHIVES  Icon-quote ArnieFinlay:
    Well thats all fine but it's pretty demoralising if you are say professional and just getting used to green's of speed nine to then jump up to greens of speed 12.

I think you are misunderstanding . All of the tournaments labeled Master are at  FAST green speed all of them . So that none of you would have anything to complain about . Have you even played one of the tourneys I designed especially for you ?
    They are at your green speed . You can restart at anytime so that you can have another go of it and refine the skills it takes to play that course .At the same time your scores will be lower . And you will tier up faster . There isn't an easier way to play . I have been making those tourneys with the FAST ( your speed no one should be playing at a slower speed )    green speeds for 6 months . They are exclusive to HACKS < AMATUERS < PROS < TOUR PROS  and MASTERS . ...................Tour masters , legends , Tour legends can't even enter them .
    " then jump up to greens of speed 12" 
    Then if I were you I would not play those yet until you are ready . Like I said there are always plenty of tourneys with lower speeds .
    Don't forget you are always welcome to make tourneys yourself anyway you want them .

All of this is so that a CC member can play exactly what he wants at any green speed , any tee location , any difficulty of hole location at any time , play it over and over and only have the good rounds count . 
    There is no better environment than what you have available here .
    Please message me personally if you have any questions , suggestions , or concerns . I am sure I can clear anything up .
    Paul

pdb1

5,473 Posts
    11-11-2014 3:19 PM

ARNIES ARCHIVES  Icon-quote ArnieFinlay:

I would have thought someone who earns on average 1000 points per day for the club by focusing on trying to improve their average score, by using a CC pass on their first nine hole round of the day deserves some credit even if they don't participate in tournaments that often
    Best wishes Chris

What makes you think you are not getting credit . I have never messaged you personally . I am simply trying to point out that you can have gr8 experiences in the CC . And there is no reason to have bad experiences . No one is competing against each other here we are just playing against the courses in anywhere from the easiest to the hardest of conditions . 

Last edited by Paul on Wed 26 Aug 2020, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

ARNIES ARCHIVES  Empty Re: ARNIES ARCHIVES

Post by Paul Mon 05 Oct 2015, 6:32 pm

• ARNIES ARCHIVES  Arnief14
    ArnieFinlay

65 Posts
    12-30-2014 6:05 AM

I'll pop in now and again but I'm not likely to use the forum that much
    I think one of the problems about using it to arrange meets and player by player tourney's is the time zone factor.
    I would love to get my ass wopped by you in a head to head
    But I think there is a 10 hour difference in timezones between me and you
    So I would have to play at say 5 am in the morning if you wanted to play at say 7 pm your time.
    Anyway as i say I will pop in now againand tryt and play at least once a day usually via club tournaments
    Best wishes Chris
    May I always be with the sun

ARNIES ARCHIVES  Pdb1a14

• pdb1

2,320 Posts
    12-30-2014 9:21 AM

One of my objectives in this whole collective co-op of international scenarios . Is to provide many events and features to accomodate all of the variables . This can be done . There are many ways . One way is to ask some of the preferred members ( of which you are at the very top of the list BTW ) just what day of the week or month and the time of day that would be most convienient  for them for availabilty for each event . 
    Another way is to take a vote . I prefer individual input .
    Another very important consideration in arranging various tournaments is equal and fair matchups . Pros vs Pros , Legends vs Legends etc . In Alt shot tourneys with a bigger mix the pairing would be something like Pro & Legend vs Pro & Legend or a Pro & Legend vs Tour Pro & Tour Master or maybe a Tour legend & a Pro vs a TM & a Legend . Harry , myself and anyone else assisting in the complicated operation of setting up the various tournaments take these task seriously . To provide the fairest most accomodating tournament experience possible . For you Fin and everyone else interested .
    These first two test run tourneys are designed to try and get some these inputs from the participants . Harry and I spent 15 minutes discussing the time for the Suinday Stroke Play and even that is not written in stone ( pending input from you and others ) 
    We did not set a time for Saturday Match Play ( pending input from you and others ). It may be that after you guys provide some input that maybe a week night or two would be easier for having some sort of tourney . It all takes a little planning and input from all parties involved . The way it should be .
    I am grateful for your post . It provides the forum for these ever present issues that are as important as any others . All I need now is for you guys to realize that this is the type of communication that I have been refering to all this time . Stuff to make it easier for you . LOL I will take the time to shoot the *** with you  but that's not what I'm asking for . Chris Fin you are one of the clubs favorite members . WE all would be very happy if you could optimistically stay in the effort to make this happen .
    Thank you
    PS I have also put a new WORLD CLOCK in the upper right corner of the home page including UK time that the other one did not have .

Last edited by Paul on Wed 26 Aug 2020, 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mon 05 Oct 2015, 6:55 pm

• ARNIES ARCHIVES  Arnief15
    ArnieFinlay

137 Posts
    10-16-2014 2:48 PM

C'mon guys I'm the only contestant in pdb1's Putting competition for those less than master. My best score is about 149 for the round. An absolutely disgraceful score surely someone can do better.

• ARNIES ARCHIVES  Pdb1a15

pdb1

5,473 Posts
    10-18-2014 12:42 PM

Chris I don't know what it takes to get those tiers to play . I practically beg them on their walls .
    BTW 149 is not a disgrace . I just played a CTTH tourney . 1 in the water 2 O.B  ended up 489 . LOL .
    Paul

ArnieFinlay

137 Posts
    10-19-2014 8:06 AM

Yes  but there are no out of bounds or water hazards in putting  lol
    I tihnk lower tier people are a bit worried that if they play in tournaments it won't do much for lowering their averages. However the trick around that is to play your normal game outside tournamenets and use the tournaments to get experience of difficult lies and greens etc. So that on your next tier it won't come as a shock

pdb1

5,473 Posts
    10-19-2014 10:08 AM

What members fail to remember or realize is that playing tourneys in the CC , almost all of which are unlimited play .
    What that means is NOW EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION 
    that you can click that restart button as many times as you want until you get it right . Yes that's exactly right . You can click restart until you get -20 and it will only count as 1 game.
    Game completion percentages only count in multiplayer games .

ARNIES ARCHIVES  Arnief15

• ArnieFinlay

137 Posts
    10-19-2014 10:14 AM

This may be a really stupid question but where is the restart button
    If you exit a tournament prematurely and try to pick up from where  you left off it usually says do you want to restart or forfeit a game
    Sorry for being so stupid
    PS for CCTH I'm finding for at least the putting if you take notes of where the ball swings and the pecentage you can use that information for the next time and adjust accordingly.
    Chris

• ARNIES ARCHIVES  Harry_15

harrymunk

443 Posts
    10-19-2014 11:16 AM

if tourneys are set up as unlimited play then you can restart if single play then you cant

ArnieFinlay

137 Posts
    10-19-2014 11:43 AM

stiil don't know how to restart if I'm doing badlly do I just abandon the round by closing the window and then reenter. Even though when I restart i will be asked do I want to forfeit the tournament.
    The only restart button I can find is the 'play again' button right at the end of the round

pdb1

5,473 Posts
    10-19-2014 2:01 PM

On the game menu when game is in play  ( upper left hand side ) one of the options is restart . This option is open all the way through the game until the 2nd to the last shot on either the 9th or 18th hole .

pdb1

5,473 Posts
    10-19-2014 2:11 PM

BY the way . If you have finished the game then you will not need the restart button . You can simply play the round over . 
    However if you knew that you didn't like the round before the end then restart before the end so the bad round does not count .

ArnieFinlay

137 Posts
    10-20-2014 2:11 PM

Ok mate cheers sorry for being so thick. here is another daft question
    If i restart whilst using a club pass does the club pass lose the points
    This is important to me because I don't want the club to lose the points for my first round of the day especially after consecutive rounds
    Chris

ArnieFinlay

137 Posts
    10-20-2014 2:13 PM

Ok mate cheers sorry for being so thick. here is another daft question
    If i restart whilst using a club pass does the club pass lose the points
    This is important to me because I don't want the club to lose the points for my first round of the day especially after consecutive rounds. If I'm hainvg a bad round the least I can do is give the extra experience points to the club 
    Chris

• pdb1

5,473 Posts
    10-20-2014 4:12 PM

You know what ? I'm starting to believe what Ive read . People say the points have no rhyme or reason . Sometimes you get the big points sometimes you don't . Sometimes it's on the 1st game and sometimes it isn't . 
    I really don't know what the *** the criteria is Chris ?
    As a result of some of WGT's questionable actions of late .
    I am going to suggest to everyone that once we achieve level 6 .
    That we only use the free pass and do not purchase passes at all .
    Save your credits for some equipment or balls .
    In fact if you don't want to buy passes anymore as of right now that would be fine too .
    Level 6 is still highly competative and is only a number that really won't make any difference anyway .
    We can play and have fun just the same with or without their damn points and levels LOL .

Last edited by Paul on Wed 26 Aug 2020, 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnie Finlay Tue 06 Oct 2015, 1:32 pm

Thanks for posting these hopefully more of my not so profound thoughts will follow 
At the risk of being rude I don't know if you have noticed I am now in the 400,000 point club yet you haven't mentioned it in the forum

HOW ABOUT SOME OF YOUR TOURNEYS

THE LIST OF INCREDIBLE TOURNAMENTS ON THE BELOW ISN'T ALL ARNIE HAS HAD TO OFFER OUR CC . HE HAS BEEN THERE PLAYING IN THE EVENTS AND JOKING AROUND WITH THE GUYS . OFFERED MANY A TUTORIAL . AND AN OPINION OR 3 . ARNIE IS TRULY A KICK ASS ICON IN THIS CC .

THIS IS ONLY A VERY SMALL PARTIAL LIST OF THE TOURS OF TOURNAMENTS ARNIE HAS GRACIOUSLY CREATED FOR OUR MEMBERS TO ENJOY , LEARN , AND COUNT ON FOR GOING ON THREE YEARS NOW . 

Arnies Winter Tour Round 1VF P and TP's Only .
Arnie's Winter Tour Round 2 Merion VF P's TP's and M
Arnie's Winter Tour Round 3 Olympic P's TP@s and M
Arnie's Winter Tour Round 4 Congressional P. TP's
Arnie's Winter Tour Round 5 Kaiawah P'S TP's and M
Arnie's Winter Tour Round 6 Oakmount P'S TP's .
Arnie's Winter Tour Round 7 St George P TP M VF
Arnies Winter Tour Last round Upper Tier St Andrew.
Arnies Winter Tour Lower Tier St Andrews H,A,P,TP,.
Arnies Winter Tour Upper Tier Bethpage Black TM's .
Arnies Winter Tour Round vF P TP's and M Bethpage
Arnies Summer tour Round 6 Congrssional Lower Tie
Arnies summer tour round 4 upper tier OLYMPIC
Arnies Summer tour round 4 Olympic Lower tier F Gn
Arnies Summer Tour Round 3 Merion Upper Tier TMs -.
Arnie's Summer Tour Round 3 Lower Tier
Arnies Summer Tour Round 2 Pinehurst Lower tier up
Arnie's Summer Tour Round 1 Upper Tierr Bandon Hil.
Arnie'sSummer Tour Round 1 Lower Tier Bandon
Arniie's British Open St Andrews (Summer Tour Roun
Arnies Summer Tour Chambers Bay upper tier
Arnie's Summer Tour Chambers bay Lower Tier.
Arnies Summer Tour Open Best of Famous
Arnie Last of Summer Wine 3b
Arnie's last of the Summer Wine 1 Best of par 4
Arnie's last of the Summer WIne 2 St georges
Arnie's Last of Summer Wine No 3
Arnie's last of the Summer Wine 4 Best of par 3
Arnie's Last of Summer Wine No 5 Bethpage
Arnie's Last of Summer Wine No 6 Best of Par 5.
Arnie's Fall Tour Round 1 Chambers Bay
Arnie's Fall Tour No 2 Best of Bandon
Arnie's Fall Tour No 3 Pinehurst No 2
Arnie's Fall Tour No 4 Best of Hardest.
Arnies'Fall Tour No 5 Merion
Arnies Fall Tour No 6.
Arnie's Fall Tour No 9 Congressional.
Arnies Fall Tour No 10
Arnies Fall Tour No 11 Oakmouunt
Arnies Fall Tour No 12 Best of Par 5 the full Mont.
Arnie's Fall Tour No 13 Bethpage (American Open 1)
Arnie's Fall Tour No 14 Kaiawah Island (American O.

Arnie Finlay

Back to top Go down