Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44655 messages in 6574 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy *

Go down

A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * Empty A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy *

Post by Paul Sun 03 Dec 2023, 3:22 pm

FROM THE FORUM THE ROAD TO MIURAG

About Sister Seekers

As the Days Grow Shorter Around Here...

I have returned with featured articles at my series lore, exploring some of the more peaceful and protective critters of the Greylands.

In this newsletter:
1) The Cute, the Drab, and the Fuzzy - Not So Aggressive or Power-Hungry. A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72
2) C.L. Cannon's December Book Fair! A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72
3) Fantasy & Sci-Fi: FREE Books for December! A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72
4) Shadows & Hounds Progress Update & ExcerptA S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72
Let's do it!

EXPANDING THE NEXUS:

FUZZY & NOT (MUCH) THREAT

A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * N5ql85Ew16O7hEbI4hbj1Vqeeq24sYQAo7QfVa26

Gebharik: The Moving Groves

The Mysterious Umbaldes

Lhuk, the Freeborn

Bachu: the Dream Eaters

Drens: the Corpselight Whisperers

The Moving Groves, Mysterious Umbaldes, and Luhk will feature in a major story in my next Tales of Miurag anthology: Death, to be released after Shadows & Hounds (Sister Seekers 10, coming winter 2024!).
I wasn't able to fit in the Bachu until the God Wars, but man, those little guys are popular with readers! A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72 I adored their write-up the first time I read it.
Each of these articles were sponsored by patrons to help develop the world. The "widget maker" (for text and sketches) is my long-time collaborator and friend, NecrosisBob. He hangs around my Discord. Gavin is loosely inspired by him! A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72

Browse 250+ Free & Discounted Books & Enter a New Contest!

A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 8t7TQGzfulqb3OkhUkej4bTqV5Aj4pYlHXYTI0p8

Discover 200+ New Authors of Fantasy & Sci-Fi (sorted by subgenre!)
Enter to Win: A Kindle Fire, $10 Starbucks Gift Card, & 1-month Owlcrate Subscription!

[th]Click for C.L. Cannon's Holiday Book Fair![/th]

A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 3cXjxhygCHrsXyetNJ1yqEEnix3pnUQOwlzU16eK

Glorious Worlds Await!

Sample At Will!

Click the (corrected) banner. A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72 140 Free stories to choose from!  

A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * NiwKuyZOvJALSN00vA4uKNAa3aslTot1O0WanoON

Now, a quick progress update and an excerpt of what I'm working on! A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72
I recently updated my website to say Book 10 is coming in winter of 2024, as I aim to complete it as early in the year as possible.
September, October, and November were jammed full by family obligations, job hunting, starting and adjusting to that new job, and finally, helping my husband navigate school re-entry. It set me back on the current book quite a bit, but all for the purpose of making things better for book writing in the future. A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72
In addition, I now expect Book 10 to be as long as Book 8, Battle for Manalar, because... well, I'm 310 pages in and only now set up the rematch on the mount. A lot of willful characters setting a new foundation and a new bar to hit.
It's gonna be intense. A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72

Excerpt from Sister Seekers 10:
~~~
“You are the current wielder of Soul Drinker,” said the Elven ruler. “Have you checked on the gatekeeper lately?”
“I’ve… been occupied,” I croaked, my heartbeat throbbing in my ears.
Toushek sneered. “I assure you that demon does not intend to wait until you aren’t.”
He stepped in front and faced me, placing himself in between me and that black throne. As I watched, his appearance changed to a form closer to what I’d seen at Manalar: a head taller than me, his natural Elven beauty enhanced seven-fold while his skin lightened from Davrin-black to red-bronze and his long, white hair shifted to a shade like burned copper.
No longer covered from neck to foot in modest travel cloths, the ruler stood naked from the waist up, his arms bare and his hands lightly adorned by elegant rings on his fingers, though his legs and feet were still covered by the brown leather sarong.
Finally, large, earth-red wings rose and expanded freely from his back, and ivory horns jutted up into fine points through his hair, taking the shape of a crown.
“Sirana,” said the Infernal.
My own name struck like a blow, the first time he’d said it since this dream began.
“You risk everything dear to you should you ignore this too long.”
I blinked and tried to look up at his face, his empty eyes subtly glowing the same shade as his horns. “What do I ignore? And who are you? If we’re speaking names now, you don’t look like a ‘Toushek.’”
One corner of his mouth lifted. “Here, you may call me Indrath. But do have caution anywhere else.”
“Indrath,” I repeated with a nod. “What am I ignoring?”
“Look closer at the crystal you created,” he urged, stepping out of my way. “I was not lying to you. Your solution, while unique, is temporary.”
I took two steps closer to that throne and stopped, unwilling to peer deeper into the motionless shadow within. Still, I spotted the hairline cracks starting at the base.
Damn it all.
I frowned. “Are you hinting at a better solution?”
“Mine is better," he crooned, "but would require a deal.”
Pfft. No. I don’t want to end up like Cris-ri-phon.”
Indrath chuckled. “Very well. Then, if I may remind you of my voluntary question which you agreed to hear.”
Sigh.
“Yes?”
“Who is your child’s father?”
I froze even as my heart surged. Unable to think, my mind seized on a memory in the Guild's quarters in Augran, as Mourn held his hand to my belly, sensing the new aura and heartbeat of my baby.
Mm, no,” replied the Ice Lord decisively. “To’vah-krav are not fertile, I'm afraid. Although… perhaps this explains the curious gold thread I see in this precious new aura, depending on the nature of your Bargain with him.”
Gold thread?
“Indeed. Your child is touched by To’vah magic, the same as your ‘sister’ is.”
What?
“But if the father cannot be the Dragonchild, who is he, Sirana? Will you answer?”
I tried to speak: No, I will not.
My voice was stuck.
“There’s another possibility,” he continued as if in light conversation, choosing not to notice my distress. “Your Queen bears such a mark. Tell me, does she have any sons? And did you bed one of them?”
This was three or four questions I never agreed to answer.
I wanted to leave.
Let me go, Lord.
“Not yet, Sirana. You haven’t answered.”
I bent over, hands clutching at my chest, my throat. My mouth was open but silent. Which one was causing this inability to speak my mind, the Ice Lord or my Queen? Or both at once? The pain had been much worse before, and perhaps it still was for my physical body.
But mostly, I was scared I would never get out of here.
Because I couldn't speak!

A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * B6xPElZ6yPMnCILixPxyzBz0a5JSUULErmSSnIYS

Did you know subscribers can read something from me every month?

Yup! Long and intricate series require patience, planning, & consistent progress every month. Equally patient supporters are critical.
Join me on Ko-Fi or on Patreon for $5/mo. Read monthly, receive the finished book, & join the fun on my Discord server!

You can also join my Patreon for Free and be notified by email of all my public posts. Patreon usually gets news and World Anvil articles quicker than my newsletters, and in smaller, bite-sized chunks! A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * 72
As my free members grow, I'll be throwing in more teasers and behind-the-scenes stuff, too!

A S ETASKI * Greylands Critters: the Cute, the Drab, & the Fuzzy * B6x73ofogzAHhCySIG7Ic0ulSTJcQ5nAb0UFNz1J Stay warm in the long nights,
~Etaski
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down