Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 44655 messages in 6574 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

Inspiring Quotes * The One-of-a-Kind Comedic Stylings of George Carlin *

Go down

Inspiring Quotes * The One-of-a-Kind Comedic Stylings of George Carlin  * Empty Inspiring Quotes * The One-of-a-Kind Comedic Stylings of George Carlin *

Post by Paul Sun 15 Oct 2023, 4:42 pm

Inspiring Quotes * The One-of-a-Kind Comedic Stylings of George Carlin  * Georde10

The One-of-a-Kind Comedic Stylings of George Carlin

George Carlin is widely regarded as one of the most influential stand-up comedians of all time, but that’s not to say his humor was to everyone’s taste. His typically black comedy covered plenty of taboo topics, and he never held back when tackling subjects such as religion, politics, and American society.
For Carlin, nothing was out of bounds. “I think it's the duty of the comedian,” he once said, “to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.” His language wasn’t exactly family friendly, either: He famously ranted about the “seven words you can never say on television” (using all seven quite liberally) in a routine that led to a Supreme Court ruling regarding FCC censorship.
There’s no denying that Carlin was funny, but he was also intelligent. Whether acerbic, silly, or dark, his humor was often insightful. He challenged his audiences to think about life, love, society, aging, and many other themes in new ways.
Here are 20 of the best George Carlin quotes from a career that spanned more than half a century.

“Frisbeetarianism” is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

Another nice thing about getting old is you can leave any social event early just by saying you’re tired … “Oh, you’re tired? Come on, Grandpa’s tired, Grandpa’s going to bed.” And someone else says, “But it's 7:30 in the morning!”

Tonight's forecast: dark. Continued dark tonight, turning to partly light in the morning.

It’s been on my mind for some time, but I’ve never said it publicly. So here goes: “Vo-do-de-o-do and a scoddie-woddie doo-dah day.” Thank you.

Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do “practice”?

Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established.

Children can't be our future, because by the time the future arrives, they won't be children anymore.

I don’t have to tell you it goes without saying there are some things better left unsaid. I think that speaks for itself. The less said about it the better.

Have you ever noticed when you’re driving that anyone who’s driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?

I decided to look around for something else to worship, something I could really count on, and immediately, I thought of the sun. Happened like that: Overnight, I became a sun-worshipper. Well, not overnight, you can't see the sun at night — but first thing the next morning.

I have as much authority as the pope, I just don’t have as many people who believe it.

Have you ever noticed that you never get laid on Thanksgiving? I think it's because all the coats 

If crime fighters fight crime and firefighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?

The Centers for Disease Control has determined that the common cold is caused by a tall man who carries around a bag of germs.

I buy stamps by mail. It works OK until I run out of stamps.

Some people like to watch “monster trucks” drive on top of cars and crush them. Then there are the other people who can’t get to the arena, because they don’t have cars.

Just when I discovered the meaning of life, they changed it.

When they print the years of someone’s birth and death, can you resist figuring out how old they were?

If a group of people stand around in a circle long enough, eventually they will begin to dance.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Featured image credit: Kai Mort Shuman/ Michael Ochs Archive via Getty Images

Inspiring Quotes * The One-of-a-Kind Comedic Stylings of George Carlin  * Profile-pic
About the Author
Tony Dunnell
Tony is an English writer of non-fiction and fiction living on the edge of the Amazon jungle.
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down