Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43669 messages in 6438 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

BULLETIN 4

Go down

BULLETIN 4 Empty BULLETIN 4

Post by Paul Sat 08 Apr 2017, 12:15 pm

BULLETIN 4 Mca19611
THE WEEKTHATWAS BULLETIN No4

Mca19670
357 Posts
Mon, Mar 27 2017 3:42 PM
BULLETIN 4 Untitled_zpswryqs26l
Welcome to the 4th VOTSCC weekly bulletin. It has been a busy week in the club so if you think ive missed out anything that you think was important then give me a good old fashioned telling off below this post. Right here goes.

This week saw another CC Clash, this time the prizes being gold golf bag trophy tee markers and flags. Once again the club punched way above its weight coming in 48th.Well done to the 18 members who took part, especially those who achieved an insane amount of points.

We then started the first ever CC v CC competition that features PC and Mobile play. Blue Moon Rising being our opponents. Credit has to go to our bossman Paul for being mad enough to take this on, but early signs suggest this could be a success. Watch this space.

Today our club also moved up to level 14. No bonuses for doing this, but I guess it does move us away from unlucky 13 so that has to be good.

The tournament that coincides with this bulletin, this week called Genes' Touch of Genius was won by Micamills, although again we had other members with the same score. So congratulations Micamills, CoryGRobinson and Dscholm5 for shooting a 4 under 23 as well as the other 16 participants. Another good turnout.

INS AND OUTS-- Another good week for the club with no outs and another 4 in. So big welcome to Br1an, ChuckD8, Seeriz and the returning SandyBurgess. May you all enjoy your time in the sun.

ACHIEVEMENTS-- Dosser53 moved up to Master tier. Jcm51 hit the 100000 points mark and Mca19670 achieved 365 consecutive days playing this damm game.

ROUND OF THE WEEK-- None that stand out this week so if you all don't mind, I'm gonna award it to myself. I shot a 30 at Olympic Club in 15mph winds playing against my opponent in the CC v CC clash who shot a 36. The fact that it was also the very first mobile clash to take place makes it that wee bit more special.

SHOTS OF THE WEEK-- You guys are getting too good at this game. The first 3 weeks ive had about 6 shots at the most to put in. If your shot is over 50 yds it usually goes in this column, but this week theres been that many I'm gonna have to start at 100yds. Shots by DufferJohn7, Donnymac3 and SCholtz don't make the cut this week unfortunately.
Kishoph 101yds at Olympic Club
MelissaNJohnson 128yds at Kiawah
Jtcooki 134yds at Chambers
DufferJohn 149yds at Olympic Club
ChuckD8 127yds Kiawah
Textor 195yds at Merion
Micamills 201yds at Bethpage
Wishman51 110yds at Pebble Beach. This is a possible HIO, Waiting on Andrew to confirm this.
Eventually we get to the shot of the week which is Dscholm5's 177yd HIO at the 2nd at Congressional. Have a look at it below.
replay.aspx?ID=fe2537e6 85a0 4c30 9552 a73d0178b582
MEMBER V MEMBER-- Ladyfromdallas and a other defeated Pdb1 and a other in a 9 and 18 hole alternate shot match.

BULLETIN 4 Th3V0A6FHY_zpszhjskxi1Only 20% of golfers have a handicap less than 18.

BULLETIN 4 ThON79LAXX_zpsh09ty1zdIt took me 17 years to get 3000 hits in baseball. I did it one afternoon on the golf course. Hank Arron,

MCA19670 QUEST FOR A HOLE IN ONE- 5 WORD REPORT
Played Bandon twice. No joy.

JIMS JOKE OF THE WEEK,
What food diminishes a womans sex drive by 90%.
Her wedding cake.

AND ONE FOR THE LADIES.
Why did God even create man.
Because he couldn't figure out how to make a vibrator that would mow the lawn.

ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY.
1952. Singing in the Rain starring Gene Kelly and Debbie Reynolds is released.

BULLETIN 4 ThYN71JDIA_zpshpqflg9jSPONSORED BY DONOTGOOGLEIT.COM

1.RULES OF GOLF--True or False-- A ball is out of bounds when any part of it lies out of bounds.

2.HISTORY OF GOLF--In August 1996, who made his surprising debut as a Pro in the Czech Open.

3.WHO AM I-- I was born in 1960 in Holyoke Massachusetts and have 17 professional wins to my name and 1 major win. I am an avid poker player and have competed in the main event at the 2006 and 2008 world series of poker.

BULLETIN 4 ThPPG9JYJ2_zpsbgv1yd1bPOLL-- Erin Hills. Does it have potential to be a favourite course on WGT?. Maybes Aye or Maybes Naw.
Last weeks poll. Should the clashes be every 4 weeks rather than every 2. Result. 6 Maybes Ayes to 1 Maybes Naw.
Ladyfromdallas chose this weeks artist. The Beatles will be on soon Lynn but your other choice of the Tremeloes was a good one aswell.

BULLETIN 4 ThMWDF353J_zpse02c12r6Jcm51 is serving the drinks tonight. Catdaddys Moonshine is a blend of spicy and sweet flavors with hints of vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. It is triple distilled from American grown corn and is bottled at a robust 80% proof, Man I feel drunk just typing this. Cheers John.

That's it for another week folks. Please keep up the requests for songs, drinks or even ideas for the poll because that's the one I struggle with. Anyway as usual the last word goes to Hamish McTavish as he is going to tell you in his own unique style, the name of this weeks tournament and its conditions.

BULLETIN 4 It2019s-all-about-the-tartan_zpsu62qzywhOkay Dokey people. This weeks tourney is called TURD DROPS 1 IN CONGRESS. Itll be a braw day wae nae wind ataw. Itll be medium tees wae fast greens so yies all be able tae shoot a bonnie score. Away wae yies.

Last edited by Paul on Fri 25 Dec 2020, 9:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

BULLETIN 4 Empty Re: BULLETIN 4

Post by Paul Sat 08 Apr 2017, 12:17 pm

• BULLETIN 4 Mca19611

Mca19670
    357 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 5:30 PM

For the poll, I'm a Maybes Aye. Looking forward to playin the full 18.

• BULLETIN 4 Dschom39

dschom5
    1,061 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 6:05 PM

1. Yes, 2. Tiger Woods?, 3. John Daly,  I had 2 rounds of 26 in the bracket tourneys that were pretty good, just thought I would toot my own horn.  Aye for the new course, whatever the hell Aye means. Nice too see a tournament named after me.  

Turd Ferguson

• BULLETIN 4 Jimq9196

JimQ916
    4,644 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 6:52 PM

Answer to the poll....aye (if they make the full 18 and stroke play instead of just CTTH) and naw (if they don't). I know the out of bounds question...no (I live it every time I play) but didn't know the other 2. Congratulations to everyone on your shots of the week....I think my long this week was something like 30 yd. Another gem Martin...keep them coming....Jim
    Turd, you're a damn golfing machine...I see 26 on the 5th holes of all my rounds!!!!!!

• BULLETIN 4 Next2616

Next260
    214 Posts
    Mon, Mar 27 2017 7:51 PM

Answer to the poll aye the rest I don't know without Google.
    Anyway congratulations to everyone  and keep having fun in the sun

• BULLETIN 4 Mca19611

Mca19670
    357 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2017 12:06 AM

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I didn't notice those 26s Turd but that's what this page is for, anyone can add anything they want. Your not as good at quizzes are you are at golfing though. You've got the 3 of them wrong. Lol.

• BULLETIN 4 Nansti12

nansting17
    363 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2017 7:38 AM

Very well done again, Martin,,,  nan

• BULLETIN 4 Duffer12

DufferJohn7
    682 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2017 10:41 AM

Martin,
    Another fine issue, enjoying it every week.  Please keep it going.
    This week's poll, maybe aye! I like the Front 9 Challenge and was inspired to buy the yardage book online.  Erin Hills looks like a refined Chambers Bay which I have grown to like a lot even if expecting to see Mad Max drive through. The course will be long from the tips (7800 yds) and missing fairways will be punishing.  I'm looking forward to the challenge.
    Our entertainment choices have me missing my 70s hair, which is virtually all gone LOL.
    Keep having fun, enjoy your club correspondent role and remember to go hit 'em straight sometime,
    John

• BULLETIN 4 Textor11

Textor
    56 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2017 1:13 PM

Thanks, Martin, another outstanding issue,
    Catdaddys is too sweet for me. I prefer an Isley single malt. 
    I agree with Jim. Erin Hills will be Maybe Aye if it becomes an 18 hole stroke play addition. If it's a Close to the Hole event, it'll be a bust, or, in the suggested vernacular, Maybe Naw. Why isn't there more courses?
    Is it really true that 4 out of every 5 golfers averages a 90 or above? 
    So, Turd dropped one in Congress. It's full; I doubt anyone noticed.  Congrats on the Ace, Turd. 
    There's a lot of good shot-makers among the members. It's good that they are recognized in the Bulletin. 
    The par 3 quiz:
      1. False
      2. A European Tour question. I can't even venture a quess. I don't know.
      3. Paul Azinger
    This is good work, Martin. 
    Textor

• BULLETIN 4 Mgroza20

MGroza
    219 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2017 5:13 PM

A ater mazing job Martin thank you and grat for the 365 aim went too 75 and wgt cut me off so aim ......    now I have too start again but I even think why boder  Surprised(

• BULLETIN 4 Mca19611

Mca19670
    357 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 12:56 AM

Thanks again folks. John you can look out your guitar for next week. A bit of Clapton on the way for you.
    Well done Textor. 2 out of 3 ain't bad. The history question is a hard one so I'll give you a helping hand. He ain't a golfer and Czech is a clue. In fact you can still see him on tv nowadays watching the sport that he was great at as he is a coach to a top sportsman just now.

• BULLETIN 4 Dschom39

dschom5
    1,061 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 2:17 AM

How about some Steppenwolf, or Creedence next week.

Turd

• BULLETIN 4 Mca19611

Mca19670
    357 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 2:53 AM

Will put 1 of those in the following week Turd and take note of the other for later. Actually just really discovered Creedence lately. Been listening to them over the last month. Top quality. Not heard of the other band though. Will give them a wee listen.
    Cheers
    Martin

• BULLETIN 4 Mca19611

Mca19670
    357 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 2:57 AM

Of course, born to be wild. How could I not know. Lol

• BULLETIN 4 Dschom39

dschom5
    1,061 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 3:22 AM

My theme song

Turd

Last edited by Paul on Fri 25 Dec 2020, 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

BULLETIN 4 Empty Re: BULLETIN 4

Post by Paul Sat 08 Apr 2017, 12:18 pm

• BULLETIN 4 Ladyfr10
    ladyfromdallas
    212 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 4:10 AM

I liked Magic Carpet Ride better. ;-)  But both good. In future think about the Loving Spoonful or Classic 4.. 

• BULLETIN 4 Mca19611

Mca19670
    357 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 11:32 AM

I might have missed your two 26s last week Turd but your already marked down for the round of the week for the next bulletin.  Feckin 25, 11 under. I'm guessing that was 2 eagles and 7 birdies. Some goin man.
    Martin

• BULLETIN 4 Dschom39

dschom5
    1,061 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 5:52 PM

Hey it was my signature tournament I had to do well, 2 eagles on the par 5's and 7 birds, a perfect round.  Feels good.  Still need to drop that turd in congress though.

Turd

• BULLETIN 4 Kishop31

kishoph
    780 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 2:39 AM

Another fine job Martin, thank you.

• BULLETIN 4 Apdb1e10

pdb1
    14,597 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 3:20 AM

BULLETIN 4 Mca19611
     Mca19670:
    Blue Moon Rising being our opponents

Bad Moon Rising

Mca19670:
    moved up to level 14

CONGRATS VOTSCC

Mca19670:
    Mca19670 achieved 365 consecutive days

Damn cool

Mca19670:
    Erin Hills

aye

Mca19670:
    RULES

I think the whole ball has to be out of bounds

Mca19670:
    HISTORY

Ex European Professional Tennis player Yevgeny Kafelnikov . I had to look that one up . 

Mca19670:
    WHO

IDK
      Thanx again Martin . TWTW Rocks . 

• BULLETIN 4 Mca19611

Mca19670
    357 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 7:11 AM

Your correct with the rule question Paul but I have to take you to task on the Yevgeny Kafelnokov answer. I need proof he made his debut in the Czech Open Lol, because that's not the answer I've got. Your very close though. Tennis player and Czech who is still seen around just now are the big clues. Paul Azinger is the who am I answer.

• BULLETIN 4 Apdb1e10

pdb1
    14,597 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 11:20 AM

Former world number one Yevgeny Kafelnikov, who retired from professional tennis last year, will make his golf debut on the European Tour this week at the Russian Open.
      Paul Azinger 1982

12 PGA TOUR VICTORIES

2000 Sony Open in Hawaii.  1993 PGA Championship.  1993 New England Classic.  1993 Memorial Tournament.  1992 THE TOUR Championship.  1991 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.  1990 MONY Tournament of Champions.  1989 Canon Greater Hartford Open.  1988 Hertz Bay Hill Classic.  1987 Panasonic Las Vegas Invitational.  1987 Canon Sammy Davis Jr.-Greater Hartford Open.  1987 Phoenix Open. 

2 OTHER VICTORIES

1990 BMW International Open. 1992 BMW International Open.

• BULLETIN 4 Mca19611

Mca19670
    357 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 11:29 AM

That was a great answer Paul but it's the Czech Open I'm asking about. I'll put you out of your misery. The answer is  Andy Murrays tennis coach Ivan Lendl who himself is of Czech nationality. Azinger was correct. Think I said he had 17  tour victories but that included Asia I think.

• BULLETIN 4 Apdb1e10

pdb1
    14,597 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 12:26 PM

Mca19670:
    I'll put you out of your misery

Yeah I couldn't find the right stuff . 
      Still miserable about a lot of things . not that . 

• BULLETIN 4 Jtcook13

Jtcooki
    150 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 12:37 PM

Nicely done Martin!
    Jeff

• BULLETIN 4 Jimq9196

JimQ916
    4,644 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 6:06 PM

Martin...I'd like to request a bank to include in the TWTW. It's getting away from what I've seen requested as their a true "Rock and Roll" Band....Rush. The've been one of my favorite bands since I first heard them (in the 70's, and they still are). Here's the reasons I feel they should be included:
    1) They're debut album (with the current members) debuted in 1973. They're still producing quality albums today (and touring) and there's been no decline in how they sound and perform.

2) They are a 3 member band who sounds like a band with at least 5, 6 or more members....they're that talented. Alex Lifeson is one of the most accomplished guitarists (and he plays a number of them) of his time, Geddy Lee is the vocalist and plays numerous (A LOT) / various instruments, and is also one of the best with them....he also has a GREAT voice, and Neil Peart, who is, in MANY, MANY eyes, is the best drummer in rock and roll today., and possibly of all time. This is echoed throughout the music industry and also by me. If you've never seen him, go to You Tube and see / hear him.....I can watch him play for hours....he's unsurpassed!!!!! Also, when you see the set up he has, you'll wonder how the heck he gets into the middle of them...I think he sits there and they set them up around him. He also writes all the lyrics for them (unheard of for a drummer to do), with Alex and Geddy putting music to them.

3) They've sold over 40 million albums worldwide. They have 24 Gold and 14 Platinum Albums, with 3 of the Platinum going Multi-Platinum!!!! They're only behind the Beatles and the Stones in most consecutive Gold / Platinum Albums for a Rock Band.
    4) They were given a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2010. They also have many other "achievements" and "awards" (too many to list here)
    5) They were FINALLY inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2013, which was WAYYYYYYYYY overdue.
    6) Last, but not least, they are quality and upstanding people in general and a credit to the music industry and the human race!!!!
    Rush is a band that I think you should consider to include in the Bulletin. The song that is my favorite is "Closer to the Heart", and the lyrics actually say something (listen to them) to think about. Please, pretty please put them somewhere on the list (lol)....Jim

• BULLETIN 4 Chuckd10

ChuckD8
    20 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 7:49 PM

Nice post Martin.. Lots of info.. Ty

• BULLETIN 4 Mca19611

Mca19670
    357 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 11:56 PM

After that post Jim, how could I not put them in. You certainly sound like a superfan. Look out for them in the coming weeks. I've got a few requests now but keep them coming folks.

• BULLETIN 4 Jimq9196

JimQ916
    4,644 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 7:28 AM

Yeah, my fav. I shoulda been a lawyer (or congressman)....lol

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul