Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Welcome to VOTSCC . Please enjoy the many features . You may login at anytime to be part of our community .
Valley of the Sun Casual Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 474 registered users
The newest registered user is bitaacademy

Our users have posted a total of 43720 messages in 6442 subjects
71 WGT TUTORIALS & 32 YOUNG46 TUTORIALS
CLICK HERE TO SEE OVER 100 YOUTUBE VIDEO TUTORIALS . FROM WGTers , WGT & YOUNG46
FORUM UPDATE
TO THE MANY WELCOME GUESTS . THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER A COUNTRY CLUB WEBSITE FOR A WGT COUNTRY CLUB . PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ THE FORUMS.
THERE ARE MANY TOPICS OF INTEREST . OR NOT . THIS WEBSITE IS AN INFORMATION AND ENTERTAINMENT WEBSITE ONLY .
MUCH OF THE CONTENT IS ARCHIVES OF PURPOSES PAST .
THERE ARE SOME MORE CURRENT TOPICS .
REGISTRATION IS NOT NECESSARY TO READ THROUGHOUT .
REGISTRATION IS EASY AND FREE . THIS IS AN AD FREE WEBSITE . NOTHING IS EVER REQUESTED FROM REGISTERED MEMBERS .
REGISTRATION ENABLES COMMENTING ON TOPICS . POSTING NEW TOPICS . FULL ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE IMAGE HOST . WHICH IS A VERY COMPLETE AND CONVENIENT TOOL .
PLEASE ENJOY .

Bilko’s Putting Calc
Here is a link to Bilko's Putting Calc and Wind Calc
Just download and install
TIER & AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS
BASIC LEVEL AND AVERAGE REQUIREMENTS , AND SATURATION

WHILE YOUR HERE
WHILE YOUR HERE :
CHECK OUT THE INCREDIBLE PHOTOGRAPHY IN
MY SERIES

THIS USED TO BE THE HOME OF OUR WORLD CLOCK . WHICH CAN NOW BE FOUND IN ITS OWN FORUM ON THE MAIN PAGE ..
THERE ARE MORE WORLD CLOCKS INSIDE HERE .

WORLD CLOCK

FB Like

BULLETIN 10

Go down

BULLETIN 10 Empty BULLETIN 10

Post by Paul Sat 22 Jul 2017, 9:25 am

THE WEEK THAT WAS BULLETIN No10
BULLETIN 10 Mca19611
Welcome to the 10th VOTSCC weekly bulletin. Yes its back. Well at least until this dodgy laptop I'm using allows me to do this. The last bulletin was a month ago and since then weve had members come and go. Welcome to all the new members that are somehow still with us. Lol. Hope you enjoy reading this and feel free to add any suggestions to the articles that are below.

Just a couple of posts that need to be mentioned this week. Firstly Jim is looking for every member to give him the city he lives in so he can add adresses to his members list. He has already asked if we play PC or mobile and now with our cities we live in, it will give fellow members an idea of players time zones etc. So please reply to his post in the forum.
Secondly, bossman Paul has been trying to get the chat room up and running again. This is a great tool to have in the club to talk to fellow members. Theres been a small increase in activity on it lately. Just go to the website and log in to the chat room if you see someone else logged on. Its just luck if you do find someone, but the more people that try and log on, the better chance we have. I managed to catch Paul in the room last night, and 40 mins later I feel I got to know more of the man whos crazy enough to run this club and I hope Paul got to know more of the man crazy enough to be trying to do this bulletin. Anyway, I shall crack on but please folks give this a go. It would be good to get to know everyone better.

INS AND OUTS--

Dantheman55 left us this week but Dicerules1982 joined and its also good to have Kittykat2017 back with us again. May both of you enjoy your time in the sun.
ACHIEVEMENTS.

CoryGRobinson reached 1,000,000 club points.
Kishoph reached 600,000 club points.
Jcm51 reached 200,000 club points.
Micamills reached 100,000 club points.
Kittykat2017 moved up to Pro Tier.
Crazycarla9 moved up to Pro Tier and also reached Level 30.
Well done to all.

ROUND OF THE WEEK-- 

Goes to CoryGRobinson who came in with a score in the recent CTTH Bracket at Congressional at an incredible 39.03t. That's an average of 4.3 feet at every hole. Top shooting Cory.

SHOTS OF THE WEEK.

Pdb1 50yds at St.Andys No7.
Robalascr 64yds at Merion No2.
SeeRizz 75yds at BP No9.
Micamills 78yds at BP No13.
DufferJohn7 89yds at St.Andys No7.
Crazycarla9 92yds at Pinehurst No7.
DirtyDuffer 124yds at RSG No9.
Shnig19 127yds at Kiawah No18.
Charles1553N 136yds at RSG No1.
But shot of the week goes to that man CoryGRobinson again with a 175yd hole out at the 13th at CB. Unfortunately no replay as Cory is mainly mobile. Great shooting folks.

MEMBER V MEMBER.

Mca19670 defeated Textor in a 9 hole stroke play match.
Crazycarla9 defeated Pdb1 in a 9 hole matchplay game.
Crazycarla9 defeated Next260 in a 9 hole matchplay game.
Lets see more member v member matches folks and let me know if ive missed any, especially the mobile players whose matches don't appear on my newsfeed.

Lastly id just like to say its good seeing the brackets fill up quickly these days especially the CTTH Brackets. Long may it continue. These CTTH Brackets are especially good to test your short game and theres always a chance of a shock result in them.

BULLETIN 10 Mq10125.000 golf balls are hit into the water athe 17th at Sawgrass each year.

BULLETIN 10 Qow10They called it golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken.

MCA19670 QUEST FOR A HOLE IN ONE--5 WORD REPORT.
No joy since last bulletin.

JIMS JOKE OF THE WEEK.
An elephant sees its owner naked and asks " How do you drink water with that ".

AND ONE FOR THE LADIES.
Why shouldn't you let a mans mind wander.
Because its way to little to be out all alone.

THIS DAY IN HISTORY--1931. Al Capone and 68 of his henchmen are arrested for violating prohibition laws.

BULLETIN 10 Td10SPONSORED BY DONOTGOOGLEIT.COM.

1.RULES OF GOLF--True or False--In strokeplay, if a player plays out of turn, he is penalised 2 shots.

2.HISTORY OF GOLF--Which US Presidents home was alongside the course on which the US Masters is played.

3.WHO AM I--I was born in Cleveland Ohio in 1977. I have 8 professional wins to my name including 1 Major. Rumour had it that my ex wife had an affair with Tiger Woods while we were married.
BULLETIN 10 Poll10POLL--The Godfather Part 2. The greatest movie sequel ever made?. Maybes Aye or Maybes Naw. If Maybes Naw, then what was.
Bossman Paul chose this weeks artist. I guess for all the work he does for the club, I think we will allow him one suggestion. Lol. So heres a bit of Stevie Ray Vaughan for our gaffer. Keep the requests coming folks for your favourite artist. The more the merrier.

BULLETIN 10 Refres10REFRESHMENT OF THE WEEK.
This weeks drink at the 19th is France's favourite tipple. Absinthe is an aniseed tasting liquer and the French drink an estimated 35 million litres a year. Fans of the drink include Van Gogh, Picasso, Oscar Wilde and Ernest Hemmingway. The drink was banned in 1915 because it was believed to have links with criminality and while the ban has never been lifted, it didn't stop it becoming one of France's most popular drinks. Sante everyone.

Well looks like the old laptop held itself together to get through this. If the bulletin doesn't appear on certain weeks youll know the reason why. I'm off to set up this weeks tournament which will be named after Corys achievements this week .Well he did have the shot of the week, the round of the week and oh, he also reached 1,000,000 club points. So I'm off and ill leave you in the hands of Hamish McTavish trying to explain to you the tournament conditions. Get those Scots lingo dictionaries out now. See y'all .

BULLETIN 10 Hamish10

Well halo laddies and lassies. Hows it goan. Lang time nae see. This weeks tourney is at Chambers Bay and cos I'm glad tae see yeis all again, am gonna make it easy peasy tees, nae wind and tourney greens. Don't say am nae good tae yies. Right I'm aff. Just heard ma wee local has got some drink called Absinthe by the bucket load but ive been told tae keep it a secret for some reason if you ken wit a mean. Noo beat it.

Last edited by Paul on Fri 25 Dec 2020, 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

May the SUN always be with you

home of

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/ an information and entertainment only website
Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com

Back to top Go down

BULLETIN 10 Empty PAGE 2

Post by Paul Sat 22 Jul 2017, 9:55 am

• BULLETIN 10 Apdb1f11

pdb1
    15,992 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 3:03 PM

I'm so excited . I'm doin the Bulletin Bump
     BULLETIN 10 WWW

BULLETIN 10 Mca19611
     Mca19670:
    Bossman Paul chose this weeks artist. I guess for all the work he does for the club, I think we will allow him one suggestion

Awe shucks 

• BULLETIN 10 Jimq9196

JimQ916
    5,426 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 4:56 PM

It's great to have this back Martin, and as with all your previous bulletins, it's great. First, I say maybe naw....I like the Rocky sequel (but all of them after that were trash)...I'm not a big time Stallone fan, but he was great in the 1st 2 Rocky's. Your question answers are:
    2) Nope, no penalty.
    2) Eisenhower...he has a cabin there (named after him) that still stands today.
    3) I had no idea but was intrigued so I looked it up...not gonna post the answer here because I cheated on this one, but I was surprised to find out who it was.
    Great job Martin...I look forward to future ones. Now I have an extra reason to save any hole outs I get (even in my Blitz rounds). Thanks for this...Jim
    Cory dominated this week....awesome player and friend...I love it. The vid you posted is funny as hell too.

• BULLETIN 10 Mca19611

Mca19670
    553 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2017 11:08 PM

Cheers Jim. You're right with the first 2 questions. Well done. I'm torn also between Rocky and the Godfather sequels. Think I'll watch the 2 of them again to decide. Lol

• BULLETIN 10 Mca19611

Mca19670
    553 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 4:35 AM

Before I get told off by the lady members of the club, there's a mistake in the 2nd paragraph. Instead of his address it should be his/hers address. Sorry ladies.
    Martin

• BULLETIN 10 Next2616

Next260
    401 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 7:26 AM

All right the bulletin is back,
    I'm maybe ayes on The Godfather series.
    Great job as usual.

• BULLETIN 10 Mca19611

Mca19670
    553 Posts
    Tue, Jun 13 2017 9:04 AM

Cheers Ron.

• BULLETIN 10 Apdb1f11

pdb1
    15,992 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2017 5:44 AM

BULLETIN 10 Mca19611
     Mca19670:
    Welcome to the 10th VOTSCC weekly bulletin. Yes its back

Indeed it is . fckinaright !

Mca19670:
    Firstly Jim is looking for every member to give him the city he lives in so he can add adresses to his members list. He has already asked if we play PC or mobile and now with our cities we live in, it will give fellow members an idea of players time zones etc

Yes . The above is important . But I am going to hitch hike on that one with a reminder of the CLICK HERE TO ADD YOUR INTRODUCTION TO THE OTHERS

Mca19670:
    Secondly, bossman Paul has been trying to get the chat room up and running again

Although there has been some success . I will stop there ..............
      INS AND OUTS
      More in than out lately +++
    ACHIEVEMENTS.
      Never ending VOTSCC awesomeness
    ROUND OF THE WEEK-
      Cory ? Who's that ? Lol 
    SHOTS OF THE WEEK.
      Never ending VOTSCC awesomeness
    MEMBER V MEMBER.
      still the most unrealized  underrated format 
    RULES  I don't think so 
    History  Saw Jim's answer
    Who ...Who else ? Probably a lot more . 
    POLL  Maybes Aye
    Artist : Stevie Ray Vaughn (October 3, 1954 – August 27, 1990) Died in a helicopter crash leaving a concert @ Alpine Valley Wisc . Had the pleasure of seeing him live a half a dozen times . Brother Jimmy Vaughn " The Fabulous Thunderbirds ". I urge you all to take a few to listen to one of the gr8est guitar players ever . 
      And a top of the morning to our friend Hamish McTavish . We all missed you . 
      I won't say you have outdone yourself Martin . Because that goes without saying . 
      Thank you man 
      CHEERS !
      Check out
    THE WEEK THAT WAS
      To view Bulletins 1 - 9

• BULLETIN 10 Mca19611

Mca19670
    553 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 2:49 PM

Thanks Paul. Always look forward to your reply to the bulletin. One thing though and it's something you folk across the pond do lots of, is that you get mixed up between Scots and Irish. Lol. Top of the morning is an old Irish saying but 10 out of 10 for effort. Think Hamish will be taking you to task next week. Lol.
    Martin

• BULLETIN 10 Jimq9196

JimQ916
    5,426 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2017 3:19 PM

I've yet to unscramble what Hamish says. I never took Scottish in school, and it looks like I should have (lol). Took Spanish for 2 years, but all I know is how to count to 20...nada else.
    Martin, just missed you in the chat room...Paul and Lynn are in there now

• BULLETIN 10 Mca19611

Mca19670
    553 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2017 1:58 AM

If my laptop manages to keep the bulletin going Jim, I'll soon have you typing out all your posts in Scottish slang. Lol.

• BULLETIN 10 Kishop34

kishoph
    919 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 3:20 AM

Thanks for taking the time and effort to bring us this bulletin Martin, as usual great job.

SRV doing Hendrix, it doesn't get any better than that.

• BULLETIN 10 Mca19611

Mca19670
    553 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 3:30 AM

Cheers Gene. It's a pleasure although with all these new members it's getting tougher. Lol.

• pdb1
    15,992 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 4:19 AM

BULLETIN 10 Mca19611
     Mca19670:

although with all these new members it's getting tougher. Lol.

Now now Martin . You have barely got your feet wet . 
      I work at it for hours 8 days a week and I never come close to catching up . 
      You have a walk in the park . 
      And I play several rounds per day . 

• BULLETIN 10 Mca19611

Mca19670
    553 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 6:10 AM

Lol Paul. It's been a busy week for sure. The member v member matches have went thru the roof and we've had 2 HIOs aswell. Will sit down with a glass tonite and go through it all and hopefully get up to speed. Might even sneak a game in and visit the chat room also.
    martin

Last edited by Paul on Fri 25 Dec 2020, 11:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

BULLETIN 10 Empty PAGE 2

Post by Paul Sat 22 Jul 2017, 9:57 am

• BULLETIN 10 Jimq9196
    JimQ916
    5,426 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 6:54 AM

I don't envy you at all Martin.....keeping things straight is no easy task, especially with the recent influx of some new, very active members. If you should need help with anything, or need me to keep track of something, you know where I live....Jim

• BULLETIN 10 Mca19611

Mca19670
    553 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 6:59 AM

It's cool Jim. I see you just updated the new members list so that helps me for starters.

• BULLETIN 10 Jtcook13

Jtcooki
    207 Posts
    Sat, Jun 17 2017 8:54 AM

Very nice Martin!  Great to have this back!  Thanks for the time you take to offer this informative tidbit to the membership!
    Jeff

• BULLETIN 10 Mca19611

Mca19670
    553 Posts
    Sun, Jun 18 2017 12:10 PM

The answer to the who am I in the par 3 challenge was Jason Dufner. 
    As for the poll, I watched Toy Story 3 last night and that's up there with the best and I still think Rocky 2 was a better sequel so I'm a maybes naw. So that ties it up at 2-2. 
    See you all tomorrow ( hopefully )
    Martin

• BULLETIN 10 1-49

pdb1
    15,992 Posts
    Sun, Jun 18 2017 7:29 PM

BULLETIN 10 Mca19611
     Mca19670:
    As for the poll, I watched Toy Story 3 last night and that's up there with the best

What an appropriate observation Martin . Rare is a movie with the full family impact that the whole Toy Story series can have . 
      10 stars from me . On Bulletin # 10 . 

Paul

Please enjoy

home of

Paul
Paul
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down